Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

i am now a "legend" at noted children's game hearthstone

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Beast of Bourbon posted:

They can just start shooting grenades around and all of the guards go hyper alert and instantly know where you are even if you've got stelath camo + are hiding far away from everything.

stealth camo isn't available in FOB missions, busted

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

the difference is about 30 frames per second

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Katana Gomai posted:

nice netdecking, loser

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Bhodi posted:

nice netdecking, loser

ya;

i flipped a coin a lot and got lucky, go me

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

corn in the bible posted:

try it with a roland next

the piano sections sound way better on the roland but the gravis has got more ooomph overall.

in the end, they're both pretty :tviv:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Smythe posted:

some smash questions:

- is For Glory good? ping good? matchmaking ok? queue times?

- is a wired gamecube controller still the best? is there a new wavebird? or is the uh Pro Controller or w/e the new preferred one for smash?

thanks all and ill take my answer off the air

ping varies a ton but it's otherwise alright. i think they've improved it a bit over time.

wired gamecube is the perfered but the pro controller is great. the old wavebirds are compatible with tbe gamecube adapter but hori also makes a classic controller that's based on the gamecube controller and is excellent

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

what deck

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dodoman posted:

the piano sections sound way better on the roland but the gravis has got more ooomph overall.

in the end, they're both pretty :tviv:

You can get a program to replace your computer's midi font entirely with gravis or whatever but I forget the name

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

You can get a program to replace your computer's midi font entirely with gravis or whatever but I forget the name

virtualmidisynth? it was one of the many programs i installed during my attempts to get midi working

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ah youtube comments:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

ping varies a ton but it's otherwise alright. i think they've improved it a bit over time.

wired gamecube is the perfered but the pro controller is great. the old wavebirds are compatible with tbe gamecube adapter but hori also makes a classic controller that's based on the gamecube controller and is excellent

tks

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

god drat shovel knight is gorgeous

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i am going to play We Know The Devil

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I'm like 99% sure code talker said water is bad for parasite units and u can use the water gun to fight them easily but yet quiet gets naked in the rain. wtf. who is regretting what.

is there a quiet -> ocelot version of the rain scene yet

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i wish we could forever be stuck in the 90s, like once 99 ends, it just goes back to 1990

loop that poo poo

canyon.mid is beautiful because it still gives me the shivers thinking - WOW, this is all programmed. i wonder what they will think of next.

and obviously we can do anything we want these days but i liked the limitations imposed back then

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

wait, it isn't bluetooth?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

i am going to play We Know The Devil

turns out: i'm gay

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

lol of course not

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

Not only is it not bluetooth MS used different proprietary RF poo poo between the 360 and the One.

Also I guess the Steam controller comes with an RF dongle? So GJ Valve.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I log into Destiny and get in a party with my friends and apparently there's a good way to farm exotics

buy a bunch of the "three of coins" from Xur, go do the Winter's Scourge or whatever mission on Venus where you fight the kell at the end

get to him, pop a three of coins, open his door, shoot him in the head 4 times with the Ice Breaker to get him to 1/8th or so of his HP, run up, fire a rocket at your feet so you kill him AND you at the same time

you almost instantly reload at his door- repeat it over and over and over and sweep up the exotics as they drop (if they drop, they persist in the level after reload and will be mailed to you if you miss them). Don't use more than one Three of Coins since stacking them doesn't help much.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

Not only is it not bluetooth MS used different proprietary RF poo poo between the 360 and the One.

Also I guess the Steam controller comes with an RF dongle? So GJ Valve.

i read it was a bluetooth dongle

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
i got 10000 precious metal on a combat deployment

time to go make poo poo

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

i somehow completely forgot that this was announced

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fabricated posted:

I log into Destiny and get in a party with my friends and apparently there's a good way to farm exotics

buy a bunch of the "three of coins" from Xur, go do the Winter's Scourge or whatever mission on Venus where you fight the kell at the end

get to him, pop a three of coins, open his door, shoot him in the head 4 times with the Ice Breaker to get him to 1/8th or so of his HP, run up, fire a rocket at your feet so you kill him AND you at the same time

you almost instantly reload at his door- repeat it over and over and over and sweep up the exotics as they drop (if they drop, they persist in the level after reload and will be mailed to you if you miss them). Don't use more than one Three of Coins since stacking them doesn't help much.

sounds like a blast

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Fabricated posted:

A great way to spend your Saturday night.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

bt is trash.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ok explain destiny years to me. how do I know what year a weapon is. is there a way to turn year one weapons into year two. how do I get year two weapons

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fabricated posted:

I would rather poo poo my drawers in public than waste even a single second of my time doing this tedious horse crap.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Destiny is soooooo good guys. BTW here's how you skip the gameplay.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Who would voluntarily play "halo/cod, but less balanced and with f2p mmo grinding"?

e: haha, oh yeah and PvE centric, where the "campaign" is a couple hours of corridor shooting that you repeat endlessly

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 20, 2015

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
you know, I was just playing Battlefield 4 and thinking "what this game needs is raid tiers"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

sounds like a blast

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

A great way to spend your Saturday night.

I did it for like 20 minutes and got a pile of stuff, then did other things. It was pretty alright. :)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Even the creepy old guy I rescued was there.

AAAAAH HOLY gently caress WHO IS SHOOTING AT ME ON MOTHER BASE?! Wait... are those?

Guess she's going to try kill me with lung cancer. :3:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Notorious QIG posted:

ok explain destiny years to me

year 1 was from 9/9/2014 to 9/8/2015, year 2 began with patch 2.0. the patch completely overhauled the gear stat system and replaced the old, wonky, slightly misdesigned system with one much more similar to a normal rpg. they took this opportunity to retune all the gear (including all the existing gear in players' inventories) and also remove from the new postgame economy some items that were so overpowered that they were pretty much lost causes for balancing

quote:

how do I know what year a weapon is.

year 2 gear has the taken king badge in the corner

quote:

is there a way to turn year one weapons into year two.

legendary or lower year 1 gear is stuck like that. some year 1 exotics have year 2 variants, there's a console in the tower you can buy the year 2 version from if you had a year 1 at the moment the patch was enabled

quote:

how do I get year two weapons

everything rare or better that you get as of now is year 2. year 1 gear is only available from the old raids (vault of glass, crota's end) and the prison of elders and its vendor

(yes, this means old raid gear is no longer useful in the new post-ttk endgame, but they're still amazing ~gameplay experiences~ the first time through)

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

at the date posted:

you know, I was just playing Battlefield 4 and thinking "what this game needs is raid tiers"
you would play battlefield 4 to try to overcome the fact that you're a massive coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

e: apparently famrted is a word now

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 20, 2015

• Locked thread