Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Is there a reward for 1.3 million points in this Terminus? With one fewer fight and a 2/2/2/1/2/1 pattern to enemy numbers I can't quite reach that much. Maybe if I can get Rinon ready in time...

Just your good old Legwand. I'm selling them at this point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Trebek posted:

Just your good old Legwand. I'm selling them at this point though.

Man, I remember when I got my first Legwand, it was so much better than the Medulla Gems I had been using.

Now I have a Buffer Jewel, two Malice Jewels, and a Sacred Light, not to mention the wide list of those 30% to two stats + other thing spheres like all these GGC awards and the trial things.

I think I know who has Xentar and Ishron but gently caress me if I can remember where I put all these things!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Man, I remember when I got my first Legwand, it was so much better than the Medulla Gems I had been using.

Now I have a Buffer Jewel, two Malice Jewels, and a Sacred Light, not to mention the wide list of those 30% to two stats + other thing spheres like all these GGC awards and the trial things.

I think I know who has Xentar and Ishron but gently caress me if I can remember where I put all these things!

Then you get things like Blades of Ultor and Sky Harbinger that just say "gently caress it" and give you all the stats.

Tried two pulls on the 6-gem deal with my FH gems, got... Raaga (dupe) and Iris.

I'm still not sure what to do with Iris. Like... what niche is she expecting to fill? Is she just an elemental-buff themed version of Balgran?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

KataraniSword posted:

I'm still not sure what to do with Iris. Like... what niche is she expecting to fill? Is she just an elemental-buff themed version of Balgran?

She also adds the atk/def down-inflicting buffs like Ruby, and she's an insanely good arena gal from her unresistable BB and +1 hit ES.

And weird-rear end elemental mitigation and elemental buffs on top!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Question for anyone who reads Japanese. Who is the archer in the Brave Exvius trailer around 1:18 in?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qUHccbHgqY

Because that outfit reminds me an awful lot of Lario.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Question for anyone who reads Japanese. Who is the archer in the Brave Exvius trailer around 1:18 in?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qUHccbHgqY

Because that outfit reminds me an awful lot of Lario.

Looks like it says Runa, which means it could be Luna. Definitely not lario, but i'm no expert. There is a much better image of her at 1:23.

Sloober fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 18, 2015

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Farming middle FH, would love it if more people put their Kiras up.

Kegslayer posted:

Finally managed Trial 7 after I realised that Tridon's shield is still bugged. The first two times I went in blind and had Ark wipe my squad twice cutting through the shield, 140% def buff and Aurelia's rec to def buff. After that, Zenia's UBB made the entire run a joke. I mean just plain attacking with everyone but the mitigator took about 20% of the Ark's health bar so the whole run took about 12 to 15 turns.

Even if they never get Tridon's shield right, I can't imagine there's any content out there that the Global units can't just waltz through.

Bugged how? Also what team/leads did you use for Ark?

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.
Im just starting. Is this frontier hunter event a good thing to roll in for someone who has just started or should I wait for some other event?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Weissritter posted:

Add me, VassarLB (2359989278) if you don't have me already. I keep my breaker Kira up during Medal Rush and FH. Otherwise I have Griff, Bestie, Tridon, and Zenia I can put up.

Certain threshold damage attacks will use Tridon's shield to calculate damage instead of your unit's actual HP. So if a threshold attack is suppose to do 150% of your HP, it'll do 4500 damage (150% of the 3k shield) instead of like... 25k damage (for a unit with 15k HP).

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

RustySporkinmyI posted:

Im just starting. Is this frontier hunter event a good thing to roll in for someone who has just started or should I wait for some other event?

There's no reason not to give it your best shot; it doesn't exhaust any resources other than time, and what rewards you can scrounge up will be a huge boon to a new player. Just bring the best team that you can and a powerful goon friend, and you should be able to clear the first stage, maybe the second.

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.

Paper Kaiju posted:

There's no reason not to give it your best shot; it doesn't exhaust any resources other than time, and what rewards you can scrounge up will be a huge boon to a new player. Just bring the best team that you can and a powerful goon friend, and you should be able to clear the first stage, maybe the second.

Sorry I mean the 6 gem roll. Called Frontier Summon: Prepare for Frontier Hunter!

But ill try the frontier mode too! My player ID is 0570390052

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Poala Bear posted:

Add me, VassarLB (2359989278) if you don't have me already. I keep my breaker Kira up during Medal Rush and FH. Otherwise I have Griff, Bestie, Tridon, and Zenia I can put up.

Certain threshold damage attacks will use Tridon's shield to calculate damage instead of your unit's actual HP. So if a threshold attack is suppose to do 150% of your HP, it'll do 4500 damage (150% of the 3k shield) instead of like... 25k damage (for a unit with 15k HP).

Added you. Hmm, did not really notice that, though I also went into Ark blind as well. Might not have shields up when he did the big ST hits.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

RustySporkinmyI posted:

Sorry I mean the 6 gem roll. Called Frontier Summon: Prepare for Frontier Hunter!

In that case definitely yes, because you're guaranteed to get units that are high-tier and will last you for a long time.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
No matter what team set up I use, no matter which friend I select, I'm still like 300k short of that legwand gem on terminus.

It's not even really that I really need it, im just salty that I can't get it.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT
I did a yolo pull with the FH gems. Got one junk unit but then got my new precious.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Casual Friday posted:

I did a yolo pull with the FH gems. Got one junk unit but then got my new precious.

Oooooo nice. And you're SA Len! Thanks for the Deimos to clear the EX dungeon in Lem lol.

I recently pulled her as well (Anima to boot). I've been farming the Evo mats to level her up now. Along with an Anima Deimos (after I had maxed out and imped my Guardian one a week ago...)

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Weissritter posted:

I've put a max imped Kira with blighted seal and flag flower up. ID is 916881544.

Being HR41 is pretty great since its made FH so much more enjoyable. I can play whenever I want and not have to chase the timer.

With Ark, he wiped me in the first stage after dropping to 50%. I kept the shield up without a problem before that 50% and in stage two without any issue so like Poala Bear was saying, I think it was that one attack that just set everything off.

I used

Tridon (leader) - Tridon's Trident + Summoner's Key
Krantz - Xentar + Sacred Crystal
Aurelia - Honor armor + Harp of Aurelia
Zenia - Obsidian Core Amplifier + Impiety Orb
Hadaron - Axe of Hadaron + Fallacy Orb
Some goon's Bestie (leader friend)

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

insanityv2 posted:

No matter what team set up I use, no matter which friend I select, I'm still like 300k short of that legwand gem on terminus.

It's not even really that I really need it, im just salty that I can't get it.

What units do you have at your disposal.

Also, sorry about Kiras, I don't have one yet, still salty, but I put my Zenia up for Terminus farming.

My current Terminus squad is Feeva lead, Ruby, Lario, Shera and Melchio (swapped out my rinon because his SBB does all but dark damage and I don't have a shida) with a Zenia friend. Basically copied the reddit guide and I am averaging 1.4 mil on terminus, lower than last season but meh, terminus sucks this season.

Edit - all you new people, check the OP. There is a google doc with everyone's player ids. Go put yours on there so we don't have to search the thread for it.

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 18, 2015

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Poala Bear posted:

Oooooo nice. And you're SA Len! Thanks for the Deimos to clear the EX dungeon in Lem lol.

I recently pulled her as well (Anima to boot). I've been farming the Evo mats to level her up now. Along with an Anima Deimos (after I had maxed out and imped my Guardian one a week ago...)

I've got my Lord Kira up for FH farming (Blighted & Heresy). If a few more of you goons would toss up Kira that'd be great. I'm having to refresh my friends list a ton of times :(

5 free slots, I'll make more for goons.

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 18, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I can throw Kira up for a while if people need him. My ID is in the spreadsheet.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

I've put a max imped Kira with blighted seal and flag flower up. ID is 916881544.
With Ark, he wiped me in the first stage after dropping to 50%.

Once you hit the 50% threshold on the first stage, Ark will do his counter attack move (React Force) if you use 6 BB/SBB in one turn for the rest of the trial. If you do 6 BB/SBB above 50%, and the cumulative damage takes him under 50% he'll still do React Force. I learned that the hard way.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Poala Bear posted:

Once you hit the 50% threshold on the first stage, Ark will do his counter attack move (React Force) if you use 6 BB/SBB in one turn for the rest of the trial. If you do 6 BB/SBB above 50%, and the cumulative damage takes him under 50% he'll still do React Force. I learned that the hard way.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't that though. I've only done the trial three times (once successfully) but with the first two, I still had one or two units left alive. I just didn't think it was worth using 5 revives so early on and continuing.

I never used 6 BBs until when Ark asked so I don't think it was that attack either. It was just that the threshold attack at 50% would completely go through the shield and Tridon and Aurelia's def buffs and mitigation.

I've had similar problems before in other trials (with DOTS I think) so I'm convinced the shield is still bugged. :colbert:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The only Tridon "bug" I'm aware of at the present moment is that shields don't play nice with DoT skills at all, and will often end up totally throwing that whole deal in whack. That said, if you have anyone else that buffs HP+Res with their LS, they'll be almost as good defensively with an Aurelia sub as Tridon is; it's just that you'll lose the extra HP buffer that a shield gives.

Sadly, crit leads are the one thing I'm lacking until I get Reis up and running; I could throw up an unimped Dion or an unimped/un-ES'd Grandt, but neither of those are particularly great options.

EDIT: Or if Kira is in demand for elemental weakness, I could throw up Maxwell, but I've given her pretty much zero love past getting her to Lv100. No frogs, no imps, nothing.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Sep 18, 2015

Pilkington
Nov 5, 2005

You see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela
Added a bunch of you that are running Kira leads. Running Kira for FH so if you're farming mid, add me, 150181819.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
3 pulls on the Frontier Summon:

Melchio - Dupe
Quaid (B) - YES!
Bestie (A) - YES!

Eh, 1 more - Griel (G)

Meydey fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 18, 2015

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
Just cleared out 7 slots on my friend list if any new players want to borrow my maxed-out Griff: 7392580857

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I'm relatively new to Frontier Hunter as I didn't participate during my first two months playing, and while I read the second post of htis thread and understand the basics, I cant quite understand why Kira is such a desirable FH lead. Would someone mind explaining it to me?

Terminus is kind of a pain, but why is Med the favored farm spot and not End? I would think that jump from 5 to 15% conversion would be signifcant, but is the overkill thats possible by running a strong 7* team against med outweigh that higher conversion ratio?

CashEnsign posted:

What units do you have at your disposal.

Right now I'm running Rhoa lead, Griff, Krantz, Rosetta, and raaga. I'm aware of raaga and rhoa's buff overlap so im trying to get my Lario up and running, I need another 5 or so lvls of brave burst before his SBB becomes available.

I've also got Ruby, but she's not maxed and i ahve a couple of friends with a maxxed out ruby so I'm not using her atm.

I've also got a lvl 1 4 star shida :v:.

insanityv2 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 18, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

insanityv2 posted:

I've also got a lvl 1 4 star shida :v:.

Raise him up and get him his SBB. Frontier Hunter works like a score attack of sorts, and you're given bonuses based on certain things like damage done and hitting enemies with elements they're weak to. 6* Shida's SBB adds all six elements to your attack so you'll always be smacking a weakness after you activate it.

As for why Kira is desired, the combination of a high crit lead and a weakness boost makes one-turn kills far more feasible with him around. Maxwell filled the same niche before he came around, and while Griff and Reis provide the crit boost, very few leads provide crit + bonus weakness damage.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I do already have all 6 elements covered between rhoa griff and krantz though. Or are you saying thats Shida is worth raising because the ability to Fujin him Rosetta and Lario on the first turn is going to make a really big difference.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
The benefit of Shida is having one unit doing all the element buffs while you stuff other units like ruby and lario into the mix that have amazing spark potential with 40 hit SBBs. I'm using a feeva lead because she gives a bonus to bc drop, and the more bc dropped, the more points, also more spark = more points.

Terminus isn't really about one shotting everyone on the first turn. Sure you get a bonus for OTK, but there is also a bonus for 3 turn KO and another bonus for how much overkill damage you do. SO whittle them down to 10-20% health until the third turn and throw everything at them.

Mid is different. Mid has lower health units, so the best squads hit all elements, then throw tons of damage and spark at every unit with kira's crit boost and other spark buffs. I think, I don't do mid but I know you do an attack potion every round to get maximum crit, spark and regular damage out of every turn.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
oh my god oh my god oh my god....
Next week is going to be epic.

These were screencapped from the twitch stream for Brave Frontier at TGS.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

So I wasn't off when I focused on getting these guys to 6* when SHS started.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It was bound to happen. (Soulbound? :downsrim:) That said, I'm not sure I could see Zedus dethroning Griff, and I have absolutely no idea where they're gonna take Andaria ability-wise. Not that it matters since I don't have either of them, but hey, more grinding for Void Chunks for two more 7* spheres. :downs:

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

It was bound to happen. (Soulbound? :downsrim:) That said, I'm not sure I could see Zedus dethroning Griff, and I have absolutely no idea where they're gonna take Andaria ability-wise. Not that it matters since I don't have either of them, but hey, more grinding for Void Chunks for two more 7* spheres. :downs:

I see Andaria becoming a mix of Bestie's leader skill, Edea's BB/SBB utility (minus mitigation), and they'll probably throw in another buff like stat > attack buff or something.

Pilkington
Nov 5, 2005

You see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela
For those that are farming FH mid using the guide on reddit, I've tweaked my runs based on a comment in that thread and it's significantly improved my score. My bad runs were getting me about 6 million and now I'm getting about 9-10 million minimum with a 13 million high so far.

Squad in the guide is Kira (Lead), Ark, Feeva, Griff, Zenia, and Kira (Friend). Standard method has you use an ATK pot, fujin Griff, Zenia, Feeva, target a dark unit, then SBB Griff > Zenia > auto. Repeat until the end unless you get unlucky with a single unit spawn.

The tweak is in the first stage. Instead of using Fujin pots, just use an ATK pot then auto a single non-dark/non-light unit. If you don't have have full SBB gauges, repeat. Now that you have full gauges, SBB Griff > Zenia > auto. This is significant because before when I was just using 3 SBBs, I'd often get low crits or sparks and end up with 800k points for the first stage. Now I can consistently get 1.5 - 2 million, even if there are only 4 targets left.

The final bit is that because you have fujin pots left, on the last stage you can do ATK pot > Overdrive Ark > UBB Ark > SBB Griff > Zenia > auto. So from Ark UBB, you get all elements buff and 500% BB buff in addition to Zenia's BB buff and Griff's crit % and crit damage. If you get the 5 spawn last stage, it's a ridiculous amount of points.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Pilkington posted:

For those that are farming FH mid using the guide on reddit, I've tweaked my runs...

I like it.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
PSA

Frontier Hunter closes in two hours!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ended up with +1 FH rank because I couldn't get myself to run it more than a handful of times. Haven't gotten the legwand from terminus in 3 FH now either (I still have 9 or 10 plus multiple Malice or better) though I probably should've given it some effort to at least get max FH rank before the FH ranks start increasing again. :shrug:

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ended up with +1 FH rank because I couldn't get myself to run it more than a handful of times. Haven't gotten the legwand from terminus in 3 FH now either (I still have 9 or 10 plus multiple Malice or better) though I probably should've given it some effort to at least get max FH rank before the FH ranks start increasing again. :shrug:

Annnnnnnd closed.

How'd everyone do?

http://i.imgur.com/LQ6uBGP.png

Heavenly Bud #3, Star of Hope, and Tesla will be mine in a week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I got +3 but it doesn't matter much because I'm maxed out. Maybe Eriole will get a 7* at some point so I can use him.

• Locked thread