Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

unlocked chapter 2 today then i beasted the first subsistence mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTNCZCUmA38

That... that was actually loving clever, and you didnt get shot as much! You are growing up and i am so happy for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So on my new save I decided to take D-Horse around to missions in freeroam instead of the helicopter. First mission I ran over baby DD since he was right next to a mission start point and I was at full gallop at night. :negative:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

rides a horse with his shirt off, hunts bears for pets, isn't afraid of getting a good dirty musk

truly a man among men

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If there is one thing I wanted that is lacking in MGSV is Kiefer reading goofy poo poo like this.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Ok, how do you set up your own squads because I don't see anything that does that

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
On the combat deployment page when you select a mission and it drops you to the squads you can choose there is a button prompt somewhere that lets you pick who you want. I can't remember off the top of my head but it's probably square.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Mission 46 and Quiet stuff

Big Boss medic clone is loving stupid. Quiet's ending was good. So can someone explain to me what the hell this all means for the later games in the series' timeline?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Leather Bear posted:

Mission 46 and Quiet stuff

Big Boss medic clone is loving stupid. Quiet's ending was good. So can someone explain to me what the hell this all means for the later games in the series' timeline?

To sum up the retcons and what we know from MGS4:

Venom continues to to play BB in the world's eye, and builds Outer Heaven. The scene with him in front of the mirror is during or shortly before the Outer Heaven uprising in 1995, indicated by the Operation Intrude N313 tape he puts in the MSX. The BB killed in MG1 by Solid Snake is actually Venom. By developer commentary on the collector's edition, Venom and Quiet are reunited in death. Venom is buried under the rubble of Outer Heaven somewhere in Africa

MEANWHILE, the real BB is working in the background to build Zanzibarland near Tselinoyarsk. He faces Solid Snake in MG2 in 1999 and is nearly killed. The world believes BB is dead. At this point Zero is already braindead and The Patriots AI is in play. Patriots put BB's mangled and burned body on ice. Through some fuckery in the background he wakes up in 2014 with some new spare parts from the body of Solidus. His last action is to kidnap Zero from whatever hospital he's in and surprises Solid Snake at the grave of the Boss. He turns off Zero's life support, explains what the last fifty years meant to Solid, then drops dead from the FOXDIE virus carried by Solid. With all of the actors involved with the original Philosophers business and the aftermath of what happened in 1964, the cycle of revenge an interpretation the will of the Boss ends.

Listen to "The Truth" tapes. The Patriot system and the creation of FOXDIE are heavily implied to be Zero's last creations before becoming a vegetable.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I hope DD finds a good home :ohdear:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Leather Bear posted:

I hope DD finds a good home :ohdear:

He's 11 in 1995 and probably lived a hard life. He might not even still be around then.

Good night, sweet prince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLsDwx_QCPo&t=1085s

EBB fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 19, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
do i have to keep the butterfly emblem to get quiet to stay? or just use it once?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

do i have to keep the butterfly emblem to get quiet to stay? or just use it once?

Do not use it. It'll jeopardize unlocking her ending. By that I mean, if she stays, you won't get her proper story ending.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what if i used it already?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you're actively using it, it halts her ending. If you stop using it, her final mission will pop up eventually.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
To clarify, you'll have to trigger a semi hidden cutscene, which will unlock the true ending, Mission 46. Once the scene happens and Mission 46 is complete, the Quiet ending (side ops 150 and the story mission) will trigger.

spoilers for requirements

To unlock Mission 46 "Truth: The Man Who Sold the World ", Phantom Pain's true final mission you need to meet certain requirements.

- Complete missions 1-31
- Complete postgame Story Missions
Mission 32 To Know Too Much
Mission 38 Extraordinary
Mission 41 Proxy War Without End
Mission 43 Shining Lights, Even In Death
- Complete postgame Side Ops Story Missions
Side Op - Extract the AI Pod
Side Op - Secure the Remains of the Man on Fire
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 1
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 2
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 3
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 4
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 5
- Listen to all story audio/cassette recordings (they are yellow in color)
- Upgrade entire base, and platform to level 3 or higher.

basically listen to every tape marked in yellow, do every side op marked in yellow, and every main mission marked in yellow.

bloops fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 19, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Huey is such a piece of poo poo.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Leather Bear posted:

To clarify, you'll have to trigger a semi hidden cutscene, which will unlock the true ending, Mission 46. Once the scene happens and Mission 46 is complete, the Quiet ending (side ops 150 and the story mission) will trigger.

spoilers for requirements

To unlock Mission 46 "Truth: The Man Who Sold the World ", Phantom Pain's true final mission you need to meet certain requirements.

- Complete missions 1-31
- Complete postgame Story Missions
Mission 32 To Know Too Much
Mission 38 Extraordinary
Mission 41 Proxy War Without End
Mission 43 Shining Lights, Even In Death
- Complete postgame Side Ops Story Missions
Side Op - Extract the AI Pod
Side Op - Secure the Remains of the Man on Fire
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 1
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 2
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 3
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 4
Side Op - Search for the Escaped Children 5
- Listen to all story audio/cassette recordings (they are yellow in color)
- Upgrade entire base, and platform to level 3 or higher.

basically listen to every tape marked in yellow, do every side op marked in yellow, and every main mission marked in yellow.

thanks m8 :tipshat:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My new go-to for nonlethal weapons is the pump action loaded with air rounds and a level 2 suppressor. It's hilarious.

Edit: despite playing the everloving gently caress out of Flaming Buffalo, I still can't get any skills past S+. I think S++ is a lie.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 19, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

My new go-to for nonlethal weapons is the pump action loaded with air rounds and a level 2 suppressor. It's hilarious.

Edit: despite playing the everloving gently caress out of Flaming Buffalo, I still can't get any skills past S+. I think S++ is a lie.

400+ S and S+ ranks in my last save, not an S++ in sight even after medals and boosts. Maybe you need extra FOBs to have better personnel show up but :lol: at spending money on that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

400+ S and S+ ranks in my last save, not an S++ in sight even after medals and boosts. Maybe you need extra FOBs to have better personnel show up but :lol: at spending money on that.

Yeah I have a ton of S/S+ dudes but no S++. I think it's something that isn't in the game.

Flaming Buffalo has the goddamn medal of honor and she's still S+/A++/A+/A/S/S

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am watching Netflix while waiting for a FOB defense mission to kick off from the randoms that I have pledged to support. I am out of games.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Gonna give mgs v dogge a break now until mgo comes online

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Just got a message from my dad saying this, nearly verbatim, but he called him "Egon"

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Please buy your dad an account. I want to hear all of the wit and wisdom of Metal Gear Soldad

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
cool mgs dad owns

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Deathy McDeath posted:

Please buy your dad an account. I want to hear all of the wit and wisdom of Metal Gear Soldad

We've tried before, he seriously won't use the internet for anything more than emailMSN/Fox News article. And honestly, he'd be crazy rear end right wing shim and drive poor N4I crazy trying to contain his seething hatred for Arabs and Puerto Ricans

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I got a sweet MGSV watch face for my pebble and at work I wish It would just start speeding up time when I take a smoke break :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

We've tried before, he seriously won't use the internet for anything more than emailMSN/Fox News article. And honestly, he'd be crazy rear end right wing shim and drive poor N4I crazy trying to contain his seething hatred for Arabs and Puerto Ricans

He really needs an account here

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Booblord Zagats posted:

his seething hatred for Arabs and Puerto Ricans

I like him already.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Booblord Zagats posted:

his seething hatred for Arabs and Puerto Ricans

As a Puerto Rican I too have seething hatred for Puerto Ricans who are not friends/family.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Flaming Buffalo sounds like she's been on burn pit guard duty for a week

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Flaming Buffalo sounds like she's been on burn pit guard duty for a week

Better than animal conservation platform cleanup duty or daycare duty making sure Eli doesn't stab someone.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Or cleaning up Huey's piss

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

just beat 46

all mgs twists are bad and i love them because they are bad

118 hours play time so far. Now time to max everything out.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
so why dont any of you mgs marks have this as your av?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

man i was the first one here with a mgs av

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

so why dont any of you mgs marks have this as your av?

Someone make this with blood and the demon horn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I loving knew the skulls were going to drop in on my rear end at some point when I saw them listed in the intro credits to the mission. Still spooked me when the cutscene happened though. I took the yolo approach and ran past them to reach the truck, fultoned it out, and just ran out of the hot zone with them chasing the whole way.

• Locked thread