Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

OxySnake posted:

I'm already running the Panthers.

My only defense option would be grabbing CLE for next week against OAK

Stills is in the (maybe) better offense, but Austin is the (probably) better athlete. I'd rather take a flyer on an upside player for the end of my bench. I'm not sure that's either of those guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The joys of 14 team leagues.

My other best options are David Cobb, Brandon Lafell and Heath Miller

I think I'm going to go with Austin

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yes, the rostering 3 QB gambit, and Josh Gordon last season didn't work out for me. I was doomed from the start though because I showed up late to the draft and already had IDP's (Yahoo IDP rankings make no sense at all, so the guy was a practice squader or STer) and a bunch of crap players, so I thought I could hold the league hostage with all the QB's. Never Again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
10 team half PPR. Would you drop Duke Johnson for Brandon Coleman, Anquan Boldin, or Cole Beasley? 3WR league and with Dez out I am starting Julio, DeAndre, and Allen Robinson. Other RBs besides Duke Johnson are Ellington, David Johnson, Latavius Murray, and Karlos Williams.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I would hold onto Duke through this week, if Crow can't get it going, Duke can be the Bell Cow, and he is going to catch a lot of passes regardless. Ignore my avatar ;)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The guy I'm playing this week is holding 4 TE and no Kicker, so I picked up Zach Hocker with my extra bench spot to leave him one less decent option.

But now I have Bailey and Hocker and I'm like which one should I keep they both look pretty good!!!

:negative:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
4 TE's?! A guy in my league drafted Gronk and Graham, I asked him if he thought he was a viable flex play, he said yes in our full PPR, then he flipped him for E. Sanders, to a team that had ASJ. TE's man...

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
My Dez/Yeldon for Russell Wilson/VJax trade went through this morning. First thing I did afterward was drop Eli for DeSean Jackson, who someone crazily dropped. So I had 3 QBs on my roster for all of twenty minutes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

OxySnake posted:

The joys of 14 team leagues.

My other best options are David Cobb, Brandon Lafell and Heath Miller

I think I'm going to go with Austin

I'd prefer taking a chance on LaFell coming back and being decent to a gadget player like Austin. I'd probably prefer Miller as well.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Michael Corleone posted:

4 TE's?! A guy in my league drafted Gronk and Graham, I asked him if he thought he was a viable flex play, he said yes in our full PPR, then he flipped him for E. Sanders, to a team that had ASJ. TE's man...

I have this wild idea of holding Hocker until 1:01, and if he doesn't have a kicker by then, dropping him for Nick Folk, which would leave Janikowski and the two kickers in the MIA/JAX game as the only three guys he would be able to pick up this week.

e: Our league has no waivers, otherwise I would've been picking up and dropping the decent kickers once a day since Wednesday or Thursday because I'm petty and want to win :getin:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 19, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I know for a fact that whatever kicker that dude picks up will score 20 points.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

probably

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I have this wild idea of holding Hocker until 1:01, and if he doesn't have a kicker by then, dropping him for Nick Folk, which would leave Janikowski and the two kickers in the MIA/JAX game as the only three guys he would be able to pick up this week.

e: Our league has no waivers, otherwise I would've been picking up and dropping the decent kickers once a day since Wednesday or Thursday because I'm petty and want to win :getin:

if you pick up a player on waivers ot FA and drop them the same week they dont go back on waivers

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

if you pick up a player on waivers ot FA and drop them the same week they dont go back on waivers

In my experience on Yahoo, that's only if you drop them the same day? In the past, if you picked a guy up on Wednesday and then dropped him on Thursday, I'm pretty sure he still gets placed on waivers

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Whoops, mispost

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Dandy Kaiser posted:

In my experience on Yahoo, that's only if you drop them the same day? In the past, if you picked a guy up on Wednesday and then dropped him on Thursday, I'm pretty sure he still gets placed on waivers

I believe this only happens after the game they play. if he plays thursday he will go on waivers otherwise he will be a FA until his game on sunday.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

RCarr posted:

I know for a fact that whatever kicker that dude picks up will score 20 points.

I had Greg Zuerlein back in 2012 in that one game where he made 3 FGs from 50+.

God that was a good day.

e: year

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I believe this is correct.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is forsett actually going to be out?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

guy in my 13 man just dropped TY hilton. i am 7th on the waiver. i hope no one noticed and i get this. :stare:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Immediately pick up and drop 6-7 kickers until the Hilton drop is off the front page of the league updates*

*kidding

but not really

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I picked up Cole Beasley as a Free Agent and promptly flipped him to the WR needy team for Matt Ryan. Feels good to not be relying on Stafford.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Should I be stashing Perriman right now?

I could drop him for Cole Beasley or Brian Quick. For some reason I've got myself thinking Beasley is going to be the biggest benefactor of Dez's injury.

.5 ppr

edit: probably not Brian Quick

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Despite the emergence of Abdullah, the Joiquer should be owned in all leagues, right? He's currently FA in my work league, anyone on my lineup worth dropping for him?
WR: Cobb/Tate/Maclin/T.Williams/Martavis/Boldin*
RB: Lacy/Morris/Gio*/Blount/CJ2K
* about to be traded for Bennett/D.Martin

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't understand the Quick love, personally I'd drop him for Perriman. It does depend on your lineup though. How strong is your flex/WR situation? If you're going to need someone at the flex during bye weeks, Beasley is a good guy to have in PPR. With Perriman, you're going to have to wait until he's healthy and then wait a few weeks to see how he's used anyway. If you don't really need any of these guys to play and they're all lottery tickets on your bench, Perriman and Quick are the highest upside guys.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Despite the emergence of Abdullah, the Joiquer should be owned in all leagues, right? He's currently FA in my work league, anyone on my lineup worth dropping for him?
WR: Cobb/Tate/Maclin/T.Williams/Martavis/Boldin*
RB: Lacy/Morris/Gio*/Blount/CJ2K
* about to be traded for Bennett/D.Martin

Yes he should be owned, though the only guy in your lineup that's droppable for him is Chris Johnson, and Johnson might actually have better games than Joique Bell as long as Ellington is out. Joique's the better long term back though. Ultimately it's a low stakes move either way.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Yes he should be owned, though the only guy in your lineup that's droppable for him is Chris Johnson, and Johnson might actually have better games than Joique Bell as long as Ellington is out. Joique's the better long term back though. Ultimately it's a low stakes move either way.

Yeah right now I'm starting Johnson as my flex (though I coooouuuuld play Blount instead) and I would not start Joique there this week, I am going to wait and see if he's still there next week.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I counter-offered a trade, offering Dez Bryant to another team in exchange for Todd Gurley/Roddy White.

I'm not sure he'll accept, but his initial offer was Darren Sproles/Roddy White. Is Sproles/White worth it, or should I take Gurley/White or nothing?

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
In ppr sproles is moderately useful. In non ppr I wouldn't even consider it. I probably would still only accept gurley/white. Sproles is going to be up and down all year and i don't think I'd ever be comfortable starting him.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

^^^^ I would gladly take White/Gurley for Dez but I wouldn't go for Sproles.

I read up on Dez's injury type from here: http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/treatments/Pages/Fifth-Metatarsal-Fracture-Surgery.aspx

quote:

For the first seven to 14 days after surgery, you may be allowed to weight bear through the heel, but some surgeons will not allow you to bear any weight on the injured foot. This could last as long as six weeks. Weight bearing in a removable walking boot is allowed after that. Patients can expect to return to full activity three to four months after a typical fracture. This includes returning to sports. Some fractures may require bone grafting and have longer recoveries. The screw is not usually removed unless it causes discomfort.

So with that said, I'm trying to swing a trade. 10 teams, 0.5ppr.

Teams (mine bottom): http://imgur.com/a/VJUM8

Thinking about offering Watkins+Dez for bmarsh. He needs RB help but I'm not sure if sending some combination of Watkins/Dez+Gurley/Duke is really worth it (unless I can get Sanders). I have no drat clue how to value Dez. The only offer I've received for him was Andre Johnson. Even though current player news says Dez is expected out 6 weeks, I'm not feeling comfortable rostering him so I want to unload him before any more bad news comes out. Also I don't want to be on Rex's boring prear end ride.

e:
So this just happened in a different league

MRN trades Steve Smith Sr., Bal WR to FMB
MRN trades Knile Davis, KC RB to FMB
MRN trades Andre Johnson, Ind WR to FMB
FMB trades Dez Bryant, Dal WR to MRN
FMB trades Shane Vereen, NYG RB to MRN
FMB trades Sammy Watkins, Buf WR to MRN

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 19, 2015

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

packsmack posted:

In ppr sproles is moderately useful. In non ppr I wouldn't even consider it. I probably would still only accept gurley/white. Sproles is going to be up and down all year and i don't think I'd ever be comfortable starting him.

Counter point, Sproles tends to have a super hot start the first few games of the season. See: Last week.

He's also still the passing down RB and lines up in the slot occasionally while DeMarco/Mathews are in.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Okay stop me if you've heard this one before...

This is going to be Jared Cook's breakout year. :smuggo:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Tiptoes posted:

Heck, I'm starting him this week (for lack of other options)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Tiptoes posted:

You don't say?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

packsmack posted:

If he balks at Gurley/White, I might try to negotiate Gurley/Someone else from his team. I don't know if Gurley-Dez is a good 1:1 trade, but I'm VERY pessimistic on Dez's injury future, and I'd really like to move him if I can.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

SeannieDarko posted:

You don't say?
It's half in jest but I do think there's something to it and I've acquired him in several leagues. The Rams finally have a real QB and the change from Brian Schottenheimer to Frank Cignetti at OC could be pretty big. Cignetti showed a lot more creativity in week 1 and they were playing aggressively too. They had 8 passing plays of 20+ yards against the Seahawks where the Seahawks only gave up 32 such plays last year. Cook led all passcatchers in snaps played and he's still a good athlete. He was getting open repeatedly against the Seahawks and was second among all TEs in yard per route run too. I think there's a chance he could be one of their top passcatchers and wind up having a career year.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
As a man who is streaming TE's more or less I'm going to be keeping an eye on him. I like his matchup a lot better than Reed who I have in there now this week. Also, he doesn't play for Washington so that's another point in his favor.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004
People seem to be panicking a bit on Dez. I am going to go against the grain and say that now is the time to buy cheap on him. He has a very serious injury, but we shouldn't just assume the worst case scenario any more than we should assume the best case one. Here's are some examples of this injury in other athletes:

DeMarcus Lawrence - 7 weeks
Julio Jones - 10 weeks, complications a year later
Hakeem Nicks - 13 weeks
Devante Parker - 3 months
Kevin Durant - Lost season, 3 surgeries and really bad complications

I see a range of possible outcomes here. One of them is Kevin Durant, where you get strung along and waste a bench spot the whole year. But if Dez is more like Julio or even Demarcus Lawrence, Dez could be back in time for you to evaluate him and even use him in the fantasy playoffs. The Cowboys have not put Dez on IR, and perhaps that is overly optimistic, but it tells you they want to play him if they can. If I can deal a flex player and get Dez, I'd do it. I can spare a spot on my bench for that kind of upside.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I feel like you shouldn't compare injuries with people of different sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Enforka posted:

People seem to be panicking a bit on Dez. I am going to go against the grain and say that now is the time to buy cheap on him. He has a very serious injury, but we shouldn't just assume the worst case scenario any more than we should assume the best case one. Here's are some examples of this injury in other athletes:

DeMarcus Lawrence - 7 weeks
Julio Jones - 10 weeks, complications a year later
Hakeem Nicks - 13 weeks
Devante Parker - 3 months
Kevin Durant - Lost season, 3 surgeries and really bad complications

I see a range of possible outcomes here. One of them is Kevin Durant, where you get strung along and waste a bench spot the whole year. But if Dez is more like Julio or even Demarcus Lawrence, Dez could be back in time for you to evaluate him and even use him in the fantasy playoffs. The Cowboys have not put Dez on IR, and perhaps that is overly optimistic, but it tells you they want to play him if they can. If I can deal a flex player and get Dez, I'd do it. I can spare a spot on my bench for that kind of upside.

7 weeks is over half the season and that's your best case scenario. Why go out of your way to acquire a black hole on your bench? Meanwhile you're putting yourself at a disadvantage at acquiring mid-season breakout players. And don't bring up playoffs because you need to qualify for them first.

• Locked thread