Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It was an interrogation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

SpazmasterX posted:

I went into debt cause I figured most of you were smart enough not to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5sV_61VpBI

"Be gentle"

"Of course"

It's Ocelot's dreams coming true. Thanks for uploading that, I wanted to see that scene but I'm too frugal.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm also not sure when they did the blood test in relation to that interrogation.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

One thing this game does different from Peace Walker, and I think it's an important difference, is that Peace Walker implies or is set up so that it's as if Snake is still on a solo sneaking mission going from point to point in a clear story progression. There are side ops and a bit of backtracking and whatnot but overall the narrative is clearer, more focused. Whereas in Phantom Pain you go back to the chopper and/or Mother Base each time.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Aurain posted:

It's quite questionable if Ocelot ever did the mind trickery on himself.

When Eli asks to talk to his pops, Ocelot says he's not here despite being behind the 2 way mirror. Maybe he's kidding Eli, maybe he slipped?

The DNA test did show he wasn't a clone of Venom. So maybe he just figured he wasn't Liquid?

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
i really like that one of the easiest ways to know about venom not being the real deal is the complete lack of chemistry between him and ocelot, just a guy he works with, another day at the office. though its sad to me that we only get one scene between ocelot and BB, but their love is very apparent in it. what could have been

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Thanks for doing that, thats a pretty cool scene.

Sk8ers4Christ
Mar 10, 2008

Lord, I ask you to watch over me as I pop an ollie off this 50-foot ramp. If I fail, I'll be seeing you.
I love MGSV in all its rushed unfinished glory, but a real Big Boss game would be awesome, just because you would be playing a literal villain warlord for once. Also I can booby trap my Outer Heaven with deadly poisonous Zanzibar hamsters.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I hope someone mods in a generic Quiet replacement for when she leaves. I mean we have loving parasite suits and poo poo, just let me assign one of my soldiers to support sniper duty.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Det_no posted:

I hope someone mods in a generic Quiet replacement for when she leaves. I mean we have loving parasite suits and poo poo, just let me assign one of my soldiers to support sniper duty.
If you're on PC you can just swap in a file edit and she never leaves. She still does all the same story stuff, she just won't be gone anymore. It's some hack that basically causes the ACC refresh to set all of Quiet's flags to active if they're not, restoring her. I think somebody on Nexus has a mod for it already.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shoren posted:

"Be gentle"

"Of course"

It's Ocelot's dreams coming true. Thanks for uploading that, I wanted to see that scene but I'm too frugal.

The first time he ever said that before pulling out.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Det_no posted:

they had her during the tgs event showing off the dlc and this was a save game that was 100% complete by the looks of the mission and side ops lists.

maybe chapter 3 brings her back once someone's figured out how to unlock it... :tinfoil:

edit: http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/15/

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 19, 2015

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
speaking of unlocking poo poo, these classy dudes: http://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/general-discussion/metal-gear-solid-5-cassette-tape?page=10 have been attempting to decode the msx tapes from gz and tpp. turns out the one in gz is vol 2 and the one in tpp is vol 1 of Portopia serial murder, some old msx game i only heard of recently. heard about it maybe being some kind of inspiration for kojima to make metal gear 1 but outside of that no idea.

whats weirder and more :tinfoil: is this random page for the game that was linked in the thread above http://www.generation-msx.nl/software/enix/port-pier-serial-murder/release/643/ has 1 comment. posted 9 years ago. with message about something being fake. :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Nakar posted:

If you're on PC you can just swap in a file edit and she never leaves. She still does all the same story stuff, she just won't be gone anymore. It's some hack that basically causes the ACC refresh to set all of Quiet's flags to active if they're not, restoring her. I think somebody on Nexus has a mod for it already.

I know you can restore her but I think a plot-sensitive replacement would be way cooler.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ruddha posted:

i really like that one of the easiest ways to know about venom not being the real deal is the complete lack of chemistry between him and ocelot, just a guy he works with, another day at the office. though its sad to me that we only get one scene between ocelot and BB, but their love is very apparent in it. what could have been

What happens between them in PoOps and PW? Is there at least a scene where snake tears into him for gouging out his eye?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What happens between them in PoOps and PW? Is there at least a scene where snake tears into him for gouging out his eye?

he wasn't in them apart from a tiny after credits scene in PoOps.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Vikar Jerome posted:

speaking of unlocking poo poo, these classy dudes: http://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/general-discussion/metal-gear-solid-5-cassette-tape?page=10 have been attempting to decode the msx tapes from gz and tpp. turns out the one in gz is vol 2 and the one in tpp is vol 1 of Portopia serial murder, some old msx game i only heard of recently. heard about it maybe being some kind of inspiration for kojima to make metal gear 1 but outside of that no idea.

whats weirder and more :tinfoil: is this random page for the game that was linked in the thread above http://www.generation-msx.nl/software/enix/port-pier-serial-murder/release/643/ has 1 comment. posted 9 years ago. with message about something being fake. :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Portopia almost seems like the real origin of the name PT.

There must be more to that MSX tape than just a craftily hidden tribute.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I just realized how similar this game's development circumstances and tone is to Halo: Reach, both great games.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Question. Why is Quiet hunting Soviet troops in Afghanistan when she works for Skull Face, who is co-operating with the Soviets.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 19, 2015

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Broken Cog posted:

Question. Why is Quiet hunting Russian troops in Afghanistan when she works for Skull Face, who is co-operating with the Soviets.
To make the Soviets all scared so they buy into Skull Face's promises? To lure Big Boss in? I dunno, it seems like the plan to infect Quiet and have her infect Mother Base was contingent on a lot of things Skull Face had absolutely no control over.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

The cool robot was in the power plant, so having your sniper shoot everyone on their way there, in case they're Big Boss, seems like a good plan.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

Question. Why is Quiet hunting Soviet troops in Afghanistan when she works for Skull Face, who is co-operating with the Soviets.

Same reason why the tapes mention Huey's legs have to be plugged into the socket at all times yet he can easily do whatever the gently caress he wants.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Det_no posted:

Same reason why the tapes mention Huey's legs have to be plugged into the socket at all times yet he can easily do whatever the gently caress he wants.

yeah, that part is super weird. I didn't listen to that one until after I beat mission 31, and I was like... how did he kill Skullface, then? How long is that extension cord?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

She's killing commanders who are against Skull Face's projects.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Jesus Christ, I just spent 15-20 minutes trying to do Cloaked in Silence [Extreme] and failed atleast 10 times, never getting her health below 50%. Who the gently caress would find this fun? The regular Quiet fight was fantastic, but this... Jesus Christ, I'll have to look and see if there's any sort of strategy. Can't do more than one supply drop on her, so I can't imagine how it would be possible to get that Optional Task for not beating her without using firearms. What the gently caress. She shoots less than a second after I rear my head.

e: Just read that a lot of the structures she stands on can be broken, causing her to fall down. That's neat, but... now I just need to stay alive long enough to even get between cover to cover.
e2: Also, smoke grenades gently caress up her vision? And if you put tree leaves between the two of you, she won't shoot through them for some reason. Guess it messes with her visibility.

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 20, 2015

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The Grimace posted:

Jesus Christ, I just spent 15-20 minutes trying to do Cloaked in Silence [Extreme] and failed atleast 10 times, never getting her health below 50%. Who the gently caress would find this fun? The regular Quiet fight was fantastic, but this... Jesus Christ, I'll have to look and see if there's any sort of strategy. Can't do more than one supply drop on her, so I can't imagine how it would be possible to get that Optional Task for not beating her without using firearms. What the gently caress. She shoots less than a second after I rear my head.

That's because she hadn't lost sight of you yet. I beat this mission just by sniping back, the trick is to get to her side or behind her without letting her see or hear you. You can start this off when the mission begins by crawling downhill to your left, toward the river. Go past the destroyed bridge a bit and you'll be outside her cone of vision and have line of sight on her. She seems to notice you if you aim at her for long enough, probably light glinting off your own scope, but it takes several seconds, which is plenty of time to line up a headshot. She'll then be preoccupied trying to find a new spot to set up against that position, during which you can run and hide somewhere else. Once you get to know her sniping spots it becomes possible to guess where she might go next and adjust accordingly.

edit: just realized this is really similar to how I beat the End in mgs 3 haha

acksplode fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 20, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Grimace posted:

e: Just read that a lot of the structures she stands on can be broken, causing her to fall down. That's neat, but... now I just need to stay alive long enough to even get between cover to cover.
e2: Also, smoke grenades gently caress up her vision? And if you put tree leaves between the two of you, she won't shoot through them for some reason. Guess it messes with her visibility.

Call in a tank. Shoot her in the face.
Call in sleeping gas bombardments
Countersnipe her
:gitgud: and running haymaker her 4 times for all the optional objectives.

etc etc

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

The Grimace posted:

Well, you can always cheese it by airdropping in a tank .

I did it the normal way, and it didn't seem that difficult, but I might just have gotten lucky.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Rocket fist works very nicely against Quiet too.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Don't really want to use a tank or sleeping gas since... I guess I just don't want to cheese it that bad unless I feel like I literally can't do it any other way. Only time I used Supply Drops on the normal mode was when I was getting that last optional task, and only tried during Extreme out of frustration.

acksplode posted:

That's because she hadn't lost sight of you yet. I beat this mission just by sniping back, the trick is to get to her side or behind her without letting her see or hear you. You can start this off when the mission begins by crawling downhill to your left, toward the river. Go past the destroyed bridge a bit and you'll be outside her cone of vision and have line of sight on her. She seems to notice you if you aim at her for long enough, probably light glinting off your own scope, but it takes several seconds, which is plenty of time to line up a headshot. She'll then be preoccupied trying to find a new spot to set up against that position, during which you can run and hide somewhere else. Once you get to know her sniping spots it becomes possible to guess where she might go next and adjust accordingly.

edit: just realized this is really similar to how I beat the End in mgs 3 haha

This'll help a lot. I always tend to go to the right as soon as I start the battle, which has tons of debris from the old ruins in the area. They make for some decent spots to jump and hide during the normal Quiet battle, but she's too good at headshotting in fast succession during Extreme. Never thought to go left and down into the valley.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Does stealth camo work against her?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just baited her shots then sniped her back before she could get another shot off.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I spent about an hour trying S rank Code Talker extreme and then finally looked up a guide to it and found out that I was doing it the long and hard way :v:

Who would have known that skipping a boss would make the second half easier?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Does stealth camo work against her?

Yeah.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Broseph Brostar posted:

I spent about an hour trying S rank Code Talker extreme and then finally looked up a guide to it and found out that I was doing it the long and hard way :v:

Who would have known that skipping a boss would make the second half easier?

I had no loving clue how to sneak past the skulls so I just sped past them in a tank laughing as their shots harmlessly plinked off my armour.

Only managed an A rank though, would really like to know how the gently caress to sneak past them properly. Even with the right camo they just seem to spot you lying down still sooner or later without fail. Once you're spotted you're hosed and they can just one shot you in seconds.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I don't think it does, actually.

edit: huh, weird. I just tried it and she took two shots at me with the camo on, then wouldn't take another. So you are right! That makes that bonus objective easy as hell.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 20, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

I had no loving clue how to sneak past the skulls so I just sped past them in a tank laughing as their shots harmlessly plinked off my armour.

Only managed an A rank though, would really like to know how the gently caress to sneak past them properly. Even with the right camo they just seem to spot you lying down still sooner or later without fail. Once you're spotted you're hosed and they can just one shot you in seconds.

The tank is the correct way actually. As far as I can tell theres only two ways to get an S rank on that mission, no traces or just rushing past the skulls in a tank. If you rush past skulls in a tank, the only obstacle is the three guards on the left of the mansion. As long as you can take out all three without a combat alert, you can run in and grab Code Talker easily. Then when you come out the guards will all be zombies and you can book it to the northern LZ with no problems.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Just follow the riverbed and the Skulls will completely ignore you. You'll end up at a cliff with a climbing crack. There are two more climbing spots to the right and you can skip the entire fight with zero effort. It also makes the end of the mission much, much easier. You can sprint all the way to the first crack, but stay crouched after climbing up because if you make a ton of noise they can still spot you. It really isn't very hard at all to creep by them, though.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I never got spotted following the rivers edge on the right side prone rolling. At the end there is a climb path that brings you back to the highest middle area about 80m away from the nearest turned around skull sniper.

Efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG2c_AeN8iI

Just an hour until the Chapter 3 reveal, the 'Quiet Returns' quest line, and playable Skullface DLC

• Locked thread