Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

twist my fingaz was sick. i also believe in yg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

I'm jealous of people who can say a lot about music because I am incredibly bad at saying anything about it.

Talking at length about music only requires for you to try and elaborate as to why you liked it. If you want to start from scratch, just think back on the essays you did for English studies class (or the equivalent in other countries) and try to apply it to music. Just remember to use that comparison as a stepping stone and not, you know, make it permanent. I can probably think something up you can use for example with a manga or anime.

For now, I have to go back and do the whole family man thing. Laters!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Allarion posted:

I actually liked book 2 of Rokka. I can't say poo poo about it now because the LN spoilers essentially reveal the answer, but it's basically Maura made a bunch of poor decisions so now she has to do a crazy gamble in order to exploit a loophole. Also Adlet using science to figure out how to kill a dude.
sorry, someone said it was poo poo before you said it was decent, so goon opinion has been decided.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

here's how you talk about music: hey I like this song. I like it because (reason why you liked it). (artist) is good because (reasons you like artist)

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

im socrates but my skin more chocolatey

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

In Training posted:

The epic table of adults talking about the American election happening in a year. Kill me

owned

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

the crazy thing about music as a medium is that there's no objective 'right' or 'wrong' answers when it comes to what you enjoy listening to

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

this is what i'm listening to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv8_AUCP63E

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mintergalactic posted:

the crazy thing about music as a medium is that there's no objective 'right' or 'wrong' answers when it comes to what you enjoy listening to
counterpoint: 'mackelmore is saving rap'

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Radio Spiricom posted:

thugger has been on another level this whole year ya. i think this is my favorite one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x65phD2L8w
some other song of the year contenders for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxTVghCDHAo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT0GKX-Pfkg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCWP60mtA8
im so excited for thuggers album. i cant believe how next level hes been all year. i remember downloading 1017 thug years ago and thinking 2 cups stuffed was the poo poo. i think my other fav song of the besides thugger songs is 679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzz4Z-O7710
fetty wap's debut album is going to be the best pop album of the year

In Training posted:

My favorite album last year was CLPPNG. so sick, and you had that awesome av
clppng is awesome. i think they're supposed to have another project out this year. i spent so much time in 2014 recommending CLPPNG to everyone lol. i even bought that avatar that said CLPPNG and linked to one of their songs lol

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

t/l note: this will not stop music snobs from arguing over the fact that there actually are objective right and wrong answers, but you should ignore these people

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

haha here it is

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

counterpoint: 'mackelmore is saving rap'

whether or not this is actually true, the people who say this are free to do so, however you and I are also free to judge them

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mintergalactic posted:

Isn't this true for basically all forms of entertainment though?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

sorry, someone said it was poo poo before you said it was decent, so goon opinion has been decided.

the kuuki...

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

(judging intensifies)

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Droyer posted:

:wowie: :woah: :zoinks:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mintergalactic posted:

whether or not this is actually true, the people who say this are free to do so, however you and I are also free to judge them
i think they should be shot for saying it, actually

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Droyer posted:

well, yeah

but music is more contentious because everyone listens to music

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Budget Prefuse posted:

haha here it is

It's badass

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Mintergalactic posted:

they arent free to say it because it has implications outside of subjective music and probably means they're a racist

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

i think they should be shot for saying it, actually

physical violence is a form of judgment

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

hip-hop is a complex subject and is a whole culture and not just music

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Droyer posted:

Well the only 'right' opinion about anime is that anime owns so

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

they arent free to say it because it has implications outside of subjective music and probably means they're a racist
probably?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

well, yeah

Fair enough

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mintergalactic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q im going to enjoy this then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

well, yeah

It's also because it's been so easy for like two decades to get all your music for free so nobody really cares about criticism when you can google a song and listen to it and know within 15 seconds whether or not you like it

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

heres my currently listening list

yo is that album titles hitagi senjougahara. epic

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

im so excited for thuggers album. i cant believe how next level hes been all year. i remember downloading 1017 thug years ago and thinking 2 cups stuffed was the poo poo. i think my other fav song of the besides thugger songs is 679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzz4Z-O7710
fetty wap's debut album is going to be the best pop album of the year

clppng is awesome. i think they're supposed to have another project out this year. i spent so much time in 2014 recommending CLPPNG to everyone lol. i even bought that avatar that said CLPPNG and linked to one of their songs lol

the official highly pixelated art for 2 cups stuffed is incredible

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Wark Say posted:

Talking at length about music only requires for you to try and elaborate as to why you liked it. If you want to start from scratch, just think back on the essays you did for English studies class (or the equivalent in other countries) and try to apply it to music. Just remember to use that comparison as a stepping stone and not, you know, make it permanent. I can probably think something up you can use for example with a manga or anime.

For now, I have to go back and do the whole family man thing. Laters!

Yeah, but that'd be effort-posting and I'm lazy about thinking too hard about the media I consume. That said, I don't hold enough passionate feelings about music to really analyze why it sounds good to me other than it has a very catchy melody, or it uses piano as instrumentation which I have strong nostalgia for. I'm pretty ignorant on the lyrical front.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im going to watch Anime today, Season 2 of Bojack Horseman

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

white person saying a white person is the savior of a black medium primarily meant for young struggling black artists to voice their opinions and thoughts? That's Racist.

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

yo is that album titles hitagi senjougahara. epic
yea and its pretty good

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

this is my favorite song on 1017 thug but im probably one of the few young scooter fans in existence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtFkoM1luNs

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Radio Spiricom posted:

the official highly pixelated art for 2 cups stuffed is incredible

lmfao i love that

Radio Spiricom posted:

this is my favorite song on 1017 thug but im probably one of the few young scooter fans in existence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtFkoM1luNs
i freaking love young scooter

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

every sentient creature is able to form an opinion and that opinion is valid even if it's literally the stupidest bullshit ever. you as a conscious human being have the power and the methods to identify what you view as correct and incorrect and then base the way you view the world around it. that being said, macklemore is definitely the classy third act in white rap that is saving the medium as a whole

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

yea and its pretty good

im listening and it is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Macklemore is good because he is second hand responsible for the This is loving Awesome meme

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

COOL BLACK PERSON: so what kind of music you into?

me, hiding ipod full of anime ops beneath caserole: oh, you know... indie stuff... i like, uh, foreign stuff.

COOL BLACK PERSON: oh, like gangnam style?

me, as weight of caserole presses down on 'play' button and cruel angel's thesis can vaguely be heard through the dense macaroni: y, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

pictured: the man that has single-handedly saved music. praise be

• Locked thread