Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Would you say, the volume has been muted? :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Turn down for what?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Do departments let you bring a personal on-duty weapon or do you have to use an issued one?

Do they let you "mod" issued firearms, i.e., new sights and grips or whatnot?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Skoll posted:

Do departments let you bring a personal on-duty weapon or do you have to use an issued one?

God I hope not or else you'll have dudes coming to work with 7x scopes, lasers and grips with naked ladies on them.

I'm cool with the last one but naked ladies don't need to be near 7x scopes unless she is looking for your dick.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

JayKay posted:

Turn down for what?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Cole posted:

I'm cool with the last one but naked ladies don't need to be near 7x scopes unless she is looking for your dick.

Cole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a good one

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Skoll posted:

Depends. My department doesn't issue pistols, you must provide your own from an approved manufacturer. Helps guys like me who don't like glocks that much, but it doesn't help when shtf and no one has compatible magazines.

My issued rifle has been modded a tiny bit, I added a magpul hand guard & grip to mine just for better ergonomics.

I'm sure the norm for most departments would not allow that though.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Skoll posted:

Department issued Glock 21/22, or approved manufacturer and caliber, currently .40 and .45 only. Looking into .357 Sig and 9mm.

Night sights and/or weapon lights only for handguns.

Department issued Glock 21's and 22's had the NY 1 spring installed.

Personal 21's and 22's do not.

Patrol rifles (AR's) vary by officer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it considered weird to wear your vest daily. I remember one rear end in a top hat lady deputy always wearing a flak vest that looked like it was way too big for her, and I never saw any other deputy from any of the nearby counties wear one.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Skoll posted:

Ours are issued and you can only mod the grips or sights. The list of mods that can be done are very small, personal purchase, and have to be installed by the range staff.

Edit:

Larry Parrish posted:

Is it considered weird to wear your vest daily. I remember one rear end in a top hat lady deputy always wearing a flak vest that looked like it was way too big for her, and I never saw any other deputy from any of the nearby counties wear one.

They changed our General Orders a few years ago to make it mandatory for those working the street.

When we were in the academy we had to wear old, nasty vests just to get accustomed to it. I've basically worn one every shift except for when I was reassigned to an admin position.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 20, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Larry Parrish posted:

Patrol wears vests all the time, support divisions rarely do and plain clothes never do. Most vests are concealed pretty well, sounds like the lady you're talking about had one that didn't fit well.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Skoll posted:

We're allowed to carry personal secondary weapons, but it has to be approved by the firearms staff and you have to qualify with it on the same course you do for your primary. Also we can't make any modifications to our duty weapon.

Larry Parrish posted:

Wearing your vest is pretty common and considered best practice. A lot of agencies have rules requiring that officers wear their vests. We don't but I don't know of anyone that doesn't wear it whenever they're at work. Maybe working at a super quiet overtime detail but yea, very rare.

Whip Slagcheek fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 20, 2015

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Also buy your own vest, drat. Sounds like that lady was wearing department issued stuff which usually gives you some weird looking belly ledge.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
vests really are supposed to be custom fitted especially if you are spending 1,000+ dollars on one.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

vests really are supposed to be custom fitted especially if you are spending 1,000+ dollars on one.

poo poo, is that the going rate? I think I paid 400 7-8 years ago.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
For us, vests and guns are department issued. Absolutely no modification to either and you're mandated by policy to wear both at all times that you're on the clock. Unless you're plainclothes or a manager.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Branis posted:

we aren't the rabid O.com base

someone should probably let shep know about this

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Rad Lieutenant posted:

poo poo, is that the going rate? I think I paid 400 7-8 years ago.

we maybe go on the high side since they are custom sized for each officer. We also replace them every 5 years.

buttcoinbrony posted:

Shep is a moderate compared to those rabid morons over there.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

We also replace them every 5 years.

Keep the weight off & you won't have to fatty

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
P sure your supposed to since whatever space age poo poo they are made of can get degraded with sweat and moisture, something you should be intimately familiar with in ball sweat city.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Grem posted:

Also buy your own vest, drat. Sounds like that lady was wearing department issued stuff which usually gives you some weird looking belly ledge.

pretty sure that girlcops use that as an excuse for not having tits

please post at least one hot girl police officer that isnt pavel petel

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
coming in late, just replying to say doctor office nurses are ok but er nurses will literally break your dick

also the whole 2am hotness thing

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I know they are slavs, but do ukrainain cops count?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Branis posted:

i said hot

cantwearglasses and notits arent doing it for me

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
this is public safety son, thats as hot as it gets.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

hi as a freeman upon the land i have a question for the cops in here, on a scale from 9 to 10, how accurate is the following video

http://www.xvideos.com/video10563541/cgdama252

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

buttcoinbrony posted:

pretty sure that girlcops use that as an excuse for not having tits

please post at least one hot girl police officer that isnt pavel petel

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

buttcoinbrony posted:

drat someone help me unwedge my boxer briefs because I just got owned!!!!!!!!!

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

buttcoinbrony posted:

Shep isn't even a blip on the radar for the O.com crowd

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

Jesus these two are like 14/10 for a cop

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

My man.

:cheers:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

volume please take notes

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Jesus these two are like 14/10 for a cop

Two 7's? Agreed. :goonsay:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Branis posted:

id really like to disappoint them if you know what i mean

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

They can't be more than a buck oh five soaking wet what good are they in our war against the citizens.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

id really like to disappoint them if you know what i mean

considering they are ukrainian, as long as you have american citizenship i'm sure they would be more than thrilled.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

QFT, christ those forums are just the worst.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Cop gay. So What posted:

They can't be more than a buck oh five soaking wet what good are they in our war against the citizens.

probably pretty good at protecting the skies

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Scruff McGruff posted:

QFT, christ those forums are just the worst.

They make us look like D&D on cop debate, for Christ's sake.

Also, 400 for my custom vest but I'm in corrections so who knows what I'm getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Cop gay. So What posted:

Freedom is a buck o five

• Locked thread