Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

UYD: I met my wife on OKSlipknot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

WoG posted:

While we're all super sorry to hear about your technical woes in heartbreaking detail, it doesn't change the fact that using this thread to manually duplicate the main purpose of RSS is a waste of everyone's time.

Hell, throw your podcast feeds into your news/blog feed reader of choice, and get alerts there. UYD shows up my feedly the moment it posts, and I've taken up nobody's time but my own.

*Checks UYD thread while taking a dump at work*

"Episode 471 is up now guys"

HOW DARE YOU WASTE MY TIME

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

TACD posted:

Are you sure you're actually subscribed? Go click on the podcast in the app and hit settings, since the change over from the 'old' way podcasts worked I found some podcasts in my list I was no longer technically subscribed to.

Oh my god I'm an idiot lmao. I don't know anything about the podcast app, and apparently uyd was set to "update manually" while all my other podcasts aren't.

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005
Today was a good day.

I'm super impressed with the boys, I ordered the seatbelts shirt on Tuesday and received it on Thursday. They also included the Patreon Goodies which was a fun surprise. I especially like the pink Larroquette tote bag even though I'll never actually use it.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Knucklebear posted:

Today was a good day.

I'm super impressed with the boys, I ordered the seatbelts shirt on Tuesday and received it on Thursday. They also included the Patreon Goodies which was a fun surprise. I especially like the pink Larroquette tote bag even though I'll never actually use it.

Slap a stamp on that tote bag and send it here

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm trying to find a particular bit. They were discussing how well-stocked pharmacies are, and got on to the topic of how long you could live in one, in say the apocalypse. They both decided they would do just fine, "we could set up a track and do some laps, live on protein bars--poo poo, we'd come out of there bigger and better than we went in", or words to that effect. It's probably somewhere between 250 and 350.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

"I'm so restless I cant sleep! Well you're paralysed now, just close your fuckin' eyes, you're asleep!"

"Having trouble sleeping? You're paralysed now, shut your fuckin' eyes. Its called sleep. Goodnight."

"But I'm paralysed! Are you not moving? Are your eyes closed? Dummy that's called sleep."

What a fantastic drug.

Sorry not sorry if you somehow thought a new ep was up. Fix your own RSS problems.

lmao zebong
Nov 25, 2006

NBA All-Injury First Team
Uhh, hey.. UYD... are you OK?? Glad to see my hard earned Pateron dollars are apparently just going towards Seth's Taco Bell and Muscle Milk habit and not into actually releasing weekly episodes.

edit: I just remembered they're doing a couple live shows either today or this weekend so that's why there isn't a new studio ep, I'll kindly gently caress myself thanks no need to quote this

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

lmao zebong posted:

Uhh, hey.. UYD... are you OK?? Glad to see my hard earned Pateron dollars are apparently just going towards Seth's Taco Bell and Muscle Milk habit and not into actually releasing weekly episodes.

edit: I just remembered they're doing a couple live shows either today or this weekend so that's why there isn't a new studio ep, I'll kindly gently caress myself thanks no need to quote this

too late

go frak yourself pal

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

also we can troll these some of these fools by posting in here for no reason

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Whoa is there a new ep I saw posts here so theres a new ep? I'm not actually subscribed to the 'cast but I saw new posts. Help?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/picasso/2868073

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

It gave him spiritual powers to become a world famous, top notch podcaster

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

lmao zebong posted:

No, your complaint is legit. I don't see why they didn't at least do another "Seth stories long form" episode to upload this week. The last ep was well over two weeks ago now.

Also, to the dude who got the gift bag of UYD goodies including the USB, I hope mine is on its way :(

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they're in New York this week

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm aware of that. I just think the 16-day gap between the last ep and tonight's live show would have been a good opportunity for them to do another ep, or even the Seth's stories whatever concept, which I enjoyed. It's not a big deal though.

But if I don't get my UYD USB soon, however... :mad:

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

Caper posted:

Also, to the dude who got the gift bag of UYD goodies including the USB, I hope mine is on its way :(

Just to clarify, I didn't get my USB yet. They said that the usb's are taking a little longer than expected.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

At the gramercy. Seatbelts.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Knucklebear posted:

Just to clarify, I didn't get my USB yet. They said that the usb's are taking a little longer than expected.

Ah. What all was in the Merch Pack though?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Caper posted:

I'm aware of that. I just think the 16-day gap between the last ep and tonight's live show would have been a good opportunity for them to do another ep, or even the Seth's stories whatever concept, which I enjoyed. It's not a big deal though.

But if I don't get my UYD USB soon, however... :mad:

Yeah, hopefully the patreon monies will motivate them to finally just start releasing on a regular day of the week, every week.

e: Also, I say "them" but lets not kid ourselves and pretend it's ever not Jonathon who's responsible for delays in new eps.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

bango skank posted:

Yeah, hopefully the patreon monies will motivate them to finally just start releasing on a regular day of the week, every week.

e: Also, I say "them" but lets not kid ourselves and pretend it's ever not Jonathon who's responsible for delays in new eps.

I remember in an episode (not too terribly long ago, but way before the patreon page) Jonathan said, "We're gonna start uploading more regularly, every Monday" and not once, not once did that end up happening.
And now with a 16-day gap between eps, it's not looking like the patreon donations have done much to improve his work ethic. Oh well

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm really about to complain that the failed actor slackers I listen to weekly aren't being totally responsible economic actors.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

HEY MAN

Jonathan's really more of a failed musician

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Brock Samson posted:

HEY MAN

Jonathan's really more of a failed musician

This Great Pressure is a great album

I know this is besides the point but HARUMPH

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

yeah, Jogger was good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l24MRTxgvRE

I remember seeing the video for Nephicide way before I ever heard of UYD, weird

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

UP AND ADAM posted:

I'm really about to complain that the failed actor slackers I listen to weekly aren't being totally responsible economic actors.

Haha, yeah! Except only one of the dudes is actually the slacker...

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

UP AND ADAM posted:

Seth was the actor, and the only reason why UYD is one of the most put-together podcasts ever. If not the most. Johnathan is not an actor, and the reason for all failures. What was your point about acting lol? I can't tell if you're serious or not

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

goldblums eyes posted:

Seth was the actor, and the only reason why UYD is one of the most put-together podcasts ever. If not the most. Johnathan is not an actor, and the reason for all failures. What was your point about acting lol? I can't tell if you're serious or not

umm excuse me? need we link the picasso snl skit again?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Hey thread I just saw the boys in NYC. Are you cool?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CortezFantastic posted:

Hey thread I just saw the boys in NYC. Are you cool?

i also saw the boys in NYC, the late show. it was amazing.

that ask amy question, holy poo poo

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Alaois posted:

not racist

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

Caper posted:

Ah. What all was in the Merch Pack though?

UYD Olde English baby soft T
2 bottletop magnets
2 UYD pins
Seatbelts Caribeener
Larroquette Tote bag

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

It would be nice if we could get some type of supplemental, experimental or whatever type episode dropped during the live show weeks cause I've found myself completely skipping them at this point.

Knucklebear posted:

Lol if you think "the boys" are actually shipping anything. I'm pretty sure some friend of theirs and Jonathan's wife are handling that part of the business. They mentioned them in their thank you's a couple eps back.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Getting snarky about it on the internet isn't going solve anything, especially when you can directly contact them and voice your concerns. I do actually agree they are slacking on the episodes at the worst time to do so. But I do also think they deserve a break for once, so I don't mind.

e: forgot to add, talked to Marcia since I was sitting right next to her. Lovely woman, very proud of her boy. Shared with me a recipe for almond champagne it's just a drop of almond extract added

Here's a pic from the show

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 22, 2015

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
472 dropped.

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

the alpaca posted:

Lol if you think "the boys" are actually shipping anything. I'm pretty sure some friend of theirs and Jonathan's wife are handling that part of the business. They mentioned them in their thank you's a couple eps back.

Oh, I know that the boys aren't actually shipping anything themselves. I'm impressed that they realized how horrible they were at it and decided to delegate.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Knucklebear posted:

Oh, I know that the boys aren't actually shipping anything themselves. I'm impressed that they realized how horrible they were at it and decided to delegate.

The first shipper-outer was Jah's mom so I can imagine that is a hard realization to come by.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

This is crazy because I just got to ep 67 (working backwards) and he talks about this sketch. I'm pretty sure it's the only time he ever talks about it too.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Alaois posted:

This may be lame but for the wife to say, "Oh... I don't want to fly. I have anxiety issues." It really seems like an effort to nix the Vegas idea because she was planning a surprise party. I mean, it was the dudes 50th after all. If she wasn't planning anything at all then get a divorce lawyer.

Also, great ep. Elijah Wood = celeb UYD fan. Pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
https://youtu.be/MOLgNlqsvLc

About 1:30 in is DJ Frodo himself talking about how great the show is.