Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

bump_fn posted:

I'm like 99% sure code talker said water is bad for parasite units and u can use the water gun to fight them easily but yet quiet gets naked in the rain. wtf. who is regretting what.

is there a quiet -> ocelot version of the rain scene yet

It's not bad, it just makes them stop everything they are doing to have a drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YyG5D68ags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i played MSG2 for the first time.

not bad up until the end where there were no less than 3 major plot twists in one cinematic that completely flipped every part of the plot around. 3 times in like 20 minutes. was this a commentary about action movie plot twist cliches? i also just don't know how good it was.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

plot spoler: mgs has at least one twist

also i think boxes are involved

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

the only box that matters is the one you put your stupid babby console into and then leave by the trash can

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

hi i still play bideo james on a console

-a 30 year old virgin

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

why aren't you all playing undertale

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Too busy fultoning everyone

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MiniFoo posted:

i hear there are skeletons and it has piqued my interest

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

not bad up until the end where there were no less than 3 major plot twists in one cinematic that completely flipped every part of the plot around. 3 times in like 20 minutes. was this a commentary about action movie plot twist cliches? i also just don't know how good it was.

assume everything in mgs 2 is just there to piss the player off

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Awia posted:

assume everything in mgs 2 is just there to piss the player off

the president once grabbed my balls irl

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
uh

i love the feature description for undertale

quote:

Killing is unnecessary: negotiate out of danger using the unique battle system.
Time your attacks for extra damage, then dodge enemy attacks in a style reminiscent of top-down shooters.
Original art and soundtrack brimming with personality.
Soulful, character-rich story with an emphasis on humor.
Created mostly by one person.
Become friends with all of the bosses!
At least 5 dogs.
You can date a skeleton.
Hmmm... now there are 6 dogs...?
Maybe you won't want to date the skeleton.
I thought I found a 7th dog, but it was actually just the 3rd dog.
If you play this game, can you count the dogs for me...? I'm not good at it.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Siljmonster posted:

the president once grabbed my balls irl

raiden doesn't have balls for the president to grab anymore :(

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

secret paladin (midrange) to 4, fel reaver mech mage to 2, back to secret until legend

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

secret paladin (midrange) to 4, fel reaver mech mage to 2, back to secret until legend

:vd:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also thanks for the info about destiny years. does this mean there's no real point to vog/ce/poe for me? I played prison of elders last night and got a bunch of cool stuff but if its all year one then I don't know why I'd play again

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

buttcoinbrony posted:

hi i still play bideo james on a console

-a 30 year old virgin

Don't sign your posts.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
buttcoinbrony

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
happy peace day nerds

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

MiniFoo posted:

too busy finishing undertale pacifist run so i can start over and do a murder hobo run

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i got the quiet in mgsv she is cool but i wish she had some clothes on

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Notorious QIG posted:

also thanks for the info about destiny years. does this mean there's no real point to vog/ce/poe for me? I played prison of elders last night and got a bunch of cool stuff but if its all year one then I don't know why I'd play again

vog and ce are still really fun and unique missions with more in-depth puzzle-like mechanics, they're still totally worth playing once each. just not worth running multiple times weekly like people used to do. might come away with a few exotics

poe is just shoot dudes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i got the quiet in mgsv she is cool but i wish she had some clothes on

I unlocked the blood covered costume for her.

Good enough i guess.

Also i just finished chapter 1. Now onto 2 and GODDAMMIT KAZ

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PleasureKevin posted:

dunno about the "flipping every part around" unless you thought everything Ocelot did in the game was just continuity errors or lolwhocares scripting?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Space-Pope posted:

you would play battlefield 4 to try to overcome the fact that you're a massive coward

you have a bizzare, stalker-like fixation with this one random yosposter, leave the forums and seek psychiatric treatment

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:what:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

dunno about the "flipping every part around" unless you thought everything Ocelot did in the game was just continuity errors or lolwhocares scripting?

iirc and i was really tired at this point of the game because it's so darn slow but first solidus does a big reveal, then Ocelot, then the Colonel. that's just in the last cinematic, but prior to that there's also the whole thing about it all being a VR mission or something. so really 4 major plot twists that change everything right near the end, each one making the last irrelevant.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the demo works on my intel mac

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

yeah theres a weird bug going around where things are being confused for universal apps

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PleasureKevin posted:

iirc and i was really tired at this point of the game because it's so darn slow but first solidus does a big reveal, then Ocelot, then the Colonel. that's just in the last cinematic, but prior to that there's also the whole thing about it all being a VR mission or something. so really 4 major plot twists that change everything right near the end, each one making the last irrelevant.

actually they didn't make anything irrelevant: rather they explained how it all fits together.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Triglav posted:

yeah theres a weird bug going around where things are being confused for universal apps

delete local content / reinstall fixed it, yeah~

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Constant Hamprince posted:

you have a bizzare, stalker-like fixation with this one random yosposter, leave the forums and seek psychiatric treatment
literally just turning the tables, hth

and seriously he is a huge creepy weirdo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Constant Hamprince posted:

you have to respect his dogged determination

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

corn in the bible posted:

you have to respect his dogged determination

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

PleasureKevin posted:

the patriots are alex jones' new world order. they control both sides of every conflict, so no matter the outcome they win. if you think you are in a position to fight the patriots then you are actually an agent of the patriots doing their will.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

don't hate

accelerate

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

actually they didn't make anything irrelevant: rather they explained how it all fits together.

i hope you are right and i'm going to research it and find a summary

but they said S3 was one thing, then said it's actually "solid snake simulator", then said actually the simulator is real life, then said S3 stood for something else entirely.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
mgs2 is great

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

PleasureKevin posted:

but they said S3 was one thing, then said it's actually "solid snake simulator", then said actually the simulator is real life, then said S3 stood for something else entirely.

the vr missions raiden did were MGS Ghost Babel for the gameboy color

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PleasureKevin posted:

yes. everyone who "knew" what SSS stood for thought it meant what the Patriots wanted them to think it meant. because they're devious bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

yes. everyone who "knew" what SSS stood for thought it meant what the Patriots wanted them to think it meant. because they're devious bastards.

i'm pretty sure the last bit was a way of loving the player's expectations further. are you saying it wasn't? i mean that seemed to be the theme of the game.

• Locked thread