Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Wait, so this game has a new story written by Araki that has a Jojo team up with all of the Jojos?

My friend and I were just talking about how much we wanted something like this to happen in Part IX the other day! :supaburn:

[8/22/2015 12:38:29 PM] Jacqueline: I want to see a fight between all the Jojos and one major villain, like JJBA the movie or some poo poo like that
[8/22/2015 12:38:43 PM] Jacqueline: Like, let's take all the heroes in their prime and face them off against one massive evil character
[8/22/2015 12:38:49 PM] Hob: That would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wait, so this game has a new story written by Araki that has a Jojo team up with all of the Jojos?

My friend and I were just talking about how much we wanted something like this to happen in Part IX the other day! :supaburn:

[8/22/2015 12:38:29 PM] Jacqueline: I want to see a fight between all the Jojos and one major villain, like JJBA the movie or some poo poo like that
[8/22/2015 12:38:43 PM] Jacqueline: Like, let's take all the heroes in their prime and face them off against one massive evil character

This is in fact how part 6 should have ended

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can just imagine Joseph pulling some Ripple out of thin air that magnetizes Pucci's shoes to the ground or some nonsense while Jotaro gives a dumb one-liner before punching him repeatedly in the face with Jolyne. :allears:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hahah that would have been great.

I'm more and more excited about EOH but the cool part is that I'm a weirdo who only owns a wiiu so I won't even get to fuckin' play it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Didn't they say ASB would have a unique story mode too? Might not want to hold your breath about EoH's.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They actually said the story mode would be unique compared to other fighters and it was in the sense that it was a text crawl where you fought down a list of pre-determined fights which no other FG has because it's a loving awful idea. This story is actually being written by Araki and they've already been showing some story clips in the latest trailer.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, it looked like Rohan found the Path to Heaven or something similar before getting ambushed by someone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, it looked like Rohan found the Path to Heaven or something similar before getting ambushed by someone.

He's ambushed by Pucci, it's the exact same image as the trailer has for him, you can see the outline of his disc on his silhouette.

The premise seems to be that DIO and Pucci are enacting Heaven and summoning people to attack the good guys. Some of the people they're using are good too though, like Gappy, Fugo, Zeppeli 1.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fugo is not a good guy

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Araki finally goes through with his original plan to make Fugo betray the party.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Aurain posted:

He's ambushed by Pucci, it's the exact same image as the trailer has for him, you can see the outline of his disc on his silhouette.

The premise seems to be that DIO and Pucci are enacting Heaven and summoning people to attack the good guys. Some of the people they're using are good too though, like Gappy, Fugo, Zeppeli 1.

Noo, not Twosuke! In search of better compression, he fell into Pucci's [G R A V I T Y]!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fugo's mom probably spent a lot on his wardrobe and he puts holes in it, what an rear end

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Baal posted:

Fugo is not a good guy

Bad Seafood posted:

Araki finally goes through with his original plan to make Fugo betray the party.

Ha. I can see why he ditched it originally though.

I actually like fugo, am I the only one

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
I empathized with Fugo because I too know the frustration of trying to explain easy math to people who really don't understand math. On the other hand, boy needs anger management lessons, it would probably help with the whole out of control stand thing.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Fugo is the only one of the part 5 gang I actually sort of liked. Later on I appreciated Narancia a bit more, but, well...

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I spent a great deal of part 5 convinced that Narancia was a woman.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rent-a-Bot posted:

On the other hand, boy needs anger management lessons, it would probably help with the whole out of control stand thing.

Well, you're not wrong.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I finished watching JoJo on crunchyroll and want to read the next parts of the manga, but since there's no oficial release, am I stuck with badly translated scans?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Vincent posted:

I finished watching JoJo on crunchyroll and want to read the next parts of the manga, but since there's no oficial release, am I stuck with badly translated scans?

You're fine for the rest of the series, barring like 3/4ths of part 5 (which is being fixed), the first 2-3 volumes of part 6, and a few volumes of part 7.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only Part 5 has ultra bad scans right nowq

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

You're definitely safe to dive in as far as translations are concerned. Try the Invincible Trio translation on Batoto and join us in the anime Jojo thread, cuz someone is running a part 4 readalong that's fun.

http://bato.to/read/_/256405/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-4-diamond-is-unbreakable_v29_ch266_by_jojos-colored-adventure

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dzhay posted:

I spent a great deal of part 5 convinced that Narancia was a woman.
I thought Bruno was a going to be a woman before I read Part 5 and I'm still sorta disappointed he's not.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I thought Anasui was going to be a woman because he was.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Speaking of Rohan and Part 6, I loved that little callback near the end where G R A V I T Y is loving up time and days compress into minutes, but Rohan is still somehow meeting his deadlines.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

If anything his output probably improved because he would have been pissed about that stuff and Rohan is powered by anger and righteous indignation

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://hiwamatanoboru.com/2015/09/21/jojolion-47/

JoJolion 47

Hato sort of fishes downwards, doesn't she?
I love her "you hosed up Joshuu" face though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 21, 2015

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Now I'm not certain, but I think I saw that guy in the Runaway Five while I was playing Earthbound

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
He does look really familiar.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Ringo Roadagain returns :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It does seem like he's got some sort of mind control stand, which takes the sex comment into a whole new league of gross.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
He reminds me of Yo-Yo Ma.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think he used the rokakaka fruit and traded away his defined human shape in return

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

ascalapha odorata posted:

You're definitely safe to dive in as far as translations are concerned. Try the Invincible Trio translation on Batoto and join us in the anime Jojo thread, cuz someone is running a part 4 readalong that's fun.

http://bato.to/read/_/256405/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-4-diamond-is-unbreakable_v29_ch266_by_jojos-colored-adventure

Aight, thanks!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Aurain posted:

It does seem like he's got some sort of mind control stand, which takes the sex comment into a whole new league of gross.

Maybe he can influence people that he got those smeary fingerprints on? That could mean Joshu and Norisuke might already be out of the game, or they turn into enemies. Oh, I hope they do. Not only to see their stands more in action, but also for another chance to see Joshu put down. Moments like that are why his character exists, and it's great.

Loved Norisuke, really. His entire demeanour screams "horrified overprotective dad", it's great. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, Norisuke was the real GOAT in this chapter. He's amazing.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The chapter felt unusually short. Is it just me?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i really hope we see Hato's Stand or even more of Joshuu's this arc. I enjoy the family dynamic of them all being Stand users and I'd like to see that used more.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Brannock posted:

The chapter felt unusually short. Is it just me?
No, it's half the length of a usual chapter.

Part of me is hoping this fight won't have anything to do with the overarching plot and just be Norisuke putting the boots to his daughter's boyfriend. That'd be a fun breather, I think.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Damo looks identical in shape to Pesci

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lotta good faces in this chapter

lotta good "uhhhhhhhhh" faces