Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel posted:

I was considering grabbing the first volume of Stardust Crusaders at the Japanese book store yesterday, but I decided to get My Hero Academia instead cause I wanted to read it and the scanlation for the first few chapters sucked.

I'm still holding out hope that Stardust Crusaders will get a nice hardcover release like the first two parts...so waiting on buying it is a good idea for now imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Ambiguously Gendered Simpsons Fan Character

lol

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'm looking at other reviews on mal and i'm kinda annoyed by how many go like this:

Rokka no yussha is gonna be a 12 episode long anime produced by studio Passione and directed by Takeo Takahasi (Spice and Wolf), this project is studio’s first major production.

you haven't even seen the show, how can you possibly write a review and then even give it an 8

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

It's unbelievable. If someone told me that was gonna be the ending I would have thought they were trolling me, but it was in fact the author who was doing the trolling.
i love the ending

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Ambiguously Gendered Simpsons Fan Character
did the devs, or does the game, actually make a big point of the 'ambiguous gender' thing or is it just a thing because if it's the latter i dont really see why you keep bringing it up as some massive own tbh. it seems like a decent way to just let the player self-insert without shoving a gender choice thing at the start of the game.

game still looks bad tho

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

i'm looking at other reviews on mal and i'm kinda annoyed by how many go like this:

Rokka no yussha is gonna be a 12 episode long anime produced by studio Passione and directed by Takeo Takahasi (Spice and Wolf), this project is studio’s first major production.

you haven't even seen the show, how can you possibly write a review and then even give it an 8

Yeah their review system blows, even by the standards of user review systems in general

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

i love the ending

did the devs, or does the game, actually make a big point of the 'ambiguous gender' thing or is it just a thing because if it's the latter i dont really see why you keep bringing it up as some massive own tbh. it seems like a decent way to just let the player self-insert without shoving a gender choice thing at the start of the game.

game still looks bad tho

It's their blanket defense for any criticism of how bad the player sprite looks.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't give a gently caress that they wanted the character to be gender neutral but the sprite looks terrible.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

i love the ending

I would love to see a good defense of the ending, because maybe it would help me not feel like I wasted 5 hours of my life.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's their blanket defense for any criticism of how bad the player sprite looks.
oh, yeah, that's really dumb.

The sprite isn't the worst but it's significantly lower quality than the stuff they're ripping off (Earthbound and Yume Nikki).

Not to mention idk how being gender neutral somehow makes your sprite worse. Sprites are so low-detail that even a decent one is pretty easy to accomplish that with. Heck you could make high-res blazblue sprite art look gender neutral so idk what their deal is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

I would love to see a good defense of the ending, because maybe it would help me not feel like I wasted 5 hours of my life.
it's hilarious.

also did you enjoy watching the other 11 eps? if so i dont think that time was wasted.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really if you gave the character an expression that doesn't make them look like they have a disability and maybe a less bad colored shirt it'd look 100x better.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Play Lisa instead of the gay meta game.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

pon alien posted:

Yeah.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

pon alien posted:

Lisa looks super duper cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Really if you gave the character an expression that doesn't make them look like they have a disability and maybe a less bad colored shirt it'd look 100x better.
the expression is literally the same one the yume nikki protag has, lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lisa is cool and manages to be really depressing and funny without feeling really tryhard about it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

the expression is literally the same one the yume nikki protag has, lol

The difference is that sprite is much higher quality all around.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Lisa dev is cool and doesn't instantly make me hate his game by association.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wasn't super into lisa but i didn't want to punch the person who made it in the throat, so

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The difference is that sprite is much higher quality all around.
also the yume nikki protag has her eyes closed because she's asleep, rather than 'uhh, it's what deep games do'

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Moonwalk showed me the lisa soundtrack a while back and its super cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZuI3ZkCHfs

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Airhorns are a very powerful instrument.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

it's hilarious.

also did you enjoy watching the other 11 eps? if so i dont think that time was wasted.

I did enjoy them as I was watching it, but the way the ending was handled just retroactively makes me dislike most of it because now I know what it was all in service to.

If this was a movie or something I'd probably find it a little bit amusing, but not when it's way longer than a movie.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

i wasn't super into lisa but i didn't want to punch the person who made it in the throat, so

also the yume nikki protag has her eyes closed because she's asleep, rather than 'uhh, it's what deep games do'

Also her eyes are lower set and you don't see her mouth in yume nikki but you always see the full face in undertale which just looks bad. with the way it's drawn

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've learned my lesson though, I'm going to stop watching all LN anime as they air except for -monogatari, and only check out the buzz about them when they're over

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

I've learned my lesson though, I'm going to stop watching all LN anime as they air except for -monogatari, and only check out the buzz about them when they're over

You should consider doing that for all anime.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Strange Quark posted:

We're closing the telescope early today because the atmosphere opacity is too thick, thank the gods.

Thank god for pollution. Hopefully one day we won't be able to see the stars at all

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg6SCZjI48U

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Thank god for pollution. Hopefully one day we won't be able to see the stars at all

:yikes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Also her eyes are lower set and you don't see her mouth in yume nikki but you always see the full face in undertale which just looks bad. with the was it's drawn
yeah that too

undertale seems like everything bad about indie games tbh. minus maybe the word roguelike.

Srice posted:

I did enjoy them as I was watching it, but the way the ending was handled just retroactively makes me dislike most of it because now I know what it was all in service to.

If this was a movie or something I'd probably find it a little bit amusing, but not when it's way longer than a movie.
well i mean, it's not like a bad ending can make you retroactively not have enjoyed those past 11 weeks' worth of eps while you were watching them.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Davincie posted:

Even loving Gamestop.com doesn't let you review games before they've been released

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually, the problem we're having with the atmosphere is that there's too much water, because of things like clouds and fog, so.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

who actually reads and takes the reviews on mal seriously

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

well i mean, it's not like a bad ending can make you retroactively not have enjoyed those past 11 weeks' worth of eps while you were watching them.

Don't a lot of people say that about School Rumble?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I want to go to the desert to see the sky.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I want to go into space and look down.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

Heck you could make high-res blazblue sprite art look gender neutral

And they do, just look at Noel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

I want to go into space and look down.

I hope you stay up there haha

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

And they do, just look at Noel.
she's wearing a skirt

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Strange Quark posted:

Actually, the problem we're having with the atmosphere is that there's too much water, because of things like clouds and fog, so.

That's off-gassing from the big water factories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

I hope you stay up there haha

• Locked thread