Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't know man, Persona and Fire Emblem Awakening have set some pretty high standards for waifu density in my estimation. I really don't think this new revelation will be any waifu-er. But then I don't know basically anything about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_wyaHeJ-e8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ah a waifu based economy. Truly a noble endeavor.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This is Pokemon-amie with tsunderes isn't it. This is going to be a back-of-box bullet point isn't it. Is this what our ancestors fought the Battle of Midway for?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

This is Pokemon-amie with tsunderes isn't it. This is going to be a back-of-box bullet point isn't it. Is this what our ancestors fought the Battle of Midway for?

she's also your non-biological sister :mrgw:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Truly the best kind of sister.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ruggington I would like to apologize to you for being doubtful that Fire Emblem: Fates was a new and exciting pioneer in waifu technology. I was speaking from a place of ignorance. Side note: hoooooly jeepers that's kinda creepy. I'd never thought I'd see the day when The Idolmaster is looking at Fire Emblem and saying "laying it on a little thick, are ya?"

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

fire emblem fates looks real good, and is another of my most hyped anime video games

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ruggington posted:

she's also your non-biological sister :mrgw:

amazing

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

fire emblem fates looks real good, and is another of my most hyped anime video games

Yeah I'm legitimately looking forward to it a lot

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Same except I haven't really been following it. I'm going on the goodwill that Awakening had on me.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

littleorv posted:

Same except I haven't really been following it. I'm going on the goodwill that Awakening had on me.

get this - it looks way better than awakening

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

projecthalaxy posted:

Ruggington I would like to apologize to you for being doubtful that Fire Emblem: Fates was a new and exciting pioneer in waifu technology. I was speaking from a place of ignorance. Side note: hoooooly jeepers that's kinda creepy. I'd never thought I'd see the day when The Idolmaster is looking at Fire Emblem and saying "laying it on a little thick, are ya?"
In exchange for new life the Fire Emblem series had to sell its soul to Big Anime.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

get this - it looks way better than awakening

:aaaaa:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
cute girls sell more games than handsome men did in the old FE games

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

imagine the babes of awakening with the map and mechanical design of a good game. that's FE Fates

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

same

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Excels posted:

cute girls sell more games than handsome men did in the old FE games

get this - Fates has both

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sold.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

get this - Fates has both

So I can make the handsome men marry cute girls?

Sold

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Do you use the stylus to poke and caress the big strong warlords as well as the delicate flowers of battle

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

littleorv posted:

So I can make the handsome men marry cute girls?

Sold

and then they have magical time babies, and then you can make them marry each other.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

projecthalaxy posted:

Do you use the stylus to poke and caress the big strong warlords as well as the delicate flowers of battle

Yes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

How very egalitarian.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Welcome, everyone, to the Fire Emblem Megathrea- Wait, this is the Megaten Megathread?

Um.

SMT x FE goooooooooooooooooo!

Seriously, though, Fates looks amazing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

What is this.

Why are the letters on the buttons in various colors?!?!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Supremezero posted:

What is this.

N3DS

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

He increased his support to an A rank with that 3DS

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Supremezero posted:

What is this.

The DSes in Japan are different than the US ones and they reference a ton of previous nintendo hardware like the SFC.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They are going to release a $10 DLC putting the Awakening characters into Emblem-amie aren't they

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Taint Reaper posted:

The DSes in Japan are different than the US ones and they reference a ton of previous nintendo hardware like the SFC.

Disgusting.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

They are going to release a $10 DLC putting the Awakening characters into Emblem-amie aren't they

Several Awakening characters are already in Fates, plus there is a DLC with other Awakening characters so

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

chrom and lucina will also be in project x zone 2.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

Several Awakening characters are already in Fates, plus there is a DLC with other Awakening characters so

Haha well then

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
have they said anything wrt censorship on fe fates

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

But can I marry Lucina

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Yoya posted:

have they said anything wrt censorship on fe fates
Would they say anything? 8-4 is probably just gonna change all the dialogue without mentioning things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's too much incest in Fates to hide

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

HGH posted:

Would they say anything? 8-4 is probably just gonna change all the dialogue without mentioning things.

they commentated live during Treehouse on poo poo they were gonna change in Xenoblade X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

HGH posted:

8-4 isn't doing the translation