Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PleasureKevin posted:

i'm pretty sure the last bit was a way of loving the player's expectations further.

of course it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

OK I misunderstood you

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

the patriots were loving with everyone's expectations, except ocelot who was working for them

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Space-Pope posted:

literally just turning the tables, hth

and seriously he is a huge creepy weirdo

really rolling with the punches

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

space pope's posting persona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5wWYF3CrnY

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ladykiller in a bind teaser demo :swoon:

http://scoutshonour.com/files/Ladykiller%20in%20a%20Bind%20teaser.zip

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cnidaria posted:

the patriots were loving with everyone's expectations, except ocelot who was working for them

Tom Bradi Lu Le Lo

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Ludwig van Halen posted:

yea, calling out a guy on being a creepy loser

really just rolling with the punches, y'know?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
oh wait that's not what that means and you're loving retarded

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cnidaria posted:

uhh they also hosed with ocelot. ocelot didn't know what sss really was (unless I remember wrong)

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

extremely my poo poo

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

PleasureKevin posted:

extremely my poo poo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

uhh they also hosed with ocelot. ocelot didn't know what sss really was (unless I remember wrong)

apparently ocelot thought the information on the patriots was good, because he was playing along to try and steal it himself, so he didn't know everything that was going on either.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

thanks for this virus

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

corn in the bible posted:

apparently ocelot thought the information on the patriots was good, because he was playing along to try and steal it himself, so he didn't know everything that was going on either.

well his information was good enough so that in mgs4 he could trick the patriots anyway

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Ludwig van Halen posted:

when you're known forum-wide as 'that dogfucker guy' there's really not many other options

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Space-Pope posted:

literally just turning the tables, hth

and seriously he is a huge creepy weirdo

Shut up you insane furry retard.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ofIICIzVXg

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cnidaria posted:

well his information was good enough so that in mgs4 he could trick the patriots anyway

yes, but the files that he and snake were after in mgs2 turned out to be fake. remember, it turned out to just be a list of names of people who had already died

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

stoutfish posted:

mgs2 is great

its the best one, op

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

triple sulk posted:

its the best one, op
motherfuckers forgot about mgs3

also if there was a mgs5/ps4 bundle I'm pretty sure I'd be powerless to resist

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

motherfuckers forgot about mgs3

also if there was a mgs5/ps4 bundle I'm pretty sure I'd be powerless to resist

i have bad news for you

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

PS4 + Destiny TKK + MGSV, three hundred and ninety nine us dollars

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mgs5 is ok. ive been playing it in bursts since it came out but to me it's not as good as the others even if it's objectively a good game. i don't know why i didn't like mgs3 that much and it came out like 11 years ago at this point, but i played the poo poo out of mgs2.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

triple sulk posted:

mgs5 is ok. ive been playing it in bursts since it came out but to me it's not as good as the others even if it's objectively a good game. i don't know why i didn't like mgs3 that much and it came out like 11 years ago at this point, but i played the poo poo out of mgs2.

Maybe because MGS3 had really big focus on boss battles which sucked a lot of fun out of the game whereas MGS2 focused on the actual sneaky bits?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maybe because MGS3 had really big focus on boss battles which sucked a lot of fun out of the game whereas MGS2 focused on the actual sneaky bits?

that kinda makes sense yeah. mgs2 had its share of bosses but they were generally pretty contained. mgs2 let you do a ton of sneaking around and mgs3 you could do the same but it was more effort in changing the face paints and outfits and you had to hide under the floorboards of little outposts and poo poo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
undertale is cute and good, go play it

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
racing to finish metal gear before the semester gets started for real and my rear end is demolished by learning

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Improbable Lobster posted:

i lost track of all the dogs so i have to play through it again so i can count them correctly

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Cnidaria posted:

gently caress the patriots in every game + sport

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Constant Hamprince posted:

racing to finish metal gear before the semester gets started for real and my rear end is demolished by learning

i failed in that task

really miss my gaming pc + metal gear

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eli you big stupid turd!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i barely remember being 19

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

triple sulk posted:

i barely remember being 19

same

also im 21

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

Eli you big stupid turd!

did his intro mission tonight and kojima was really laying it on thick with the lord of the flies references

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Improbable Lobster posted:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Kuvo posted:

did his intro mission tonight and kojima was really laying it on thick with the lord of the flies references

Theres more to come

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

i think the point behind mgs2 was kojima slapping the player personally and going "stop wanting to be solid snake you retards", all the way up to raiden using the symbolic weapon that finally set him apart from snake to cut off the meaningless ID that the player punched in at the first map node

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

im child soldier bigbossstomper58. i first started reading lord of the flies when i was about 10. by 12 i got really obsessed with the concept of "the conflicting human impulses toward civilization and toward the will to power" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "sucks to your rear end-mar" and "kill the pig. cut her throat. spill her blood" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "allegorical" style of dystopian fiction was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" lord of the flies to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

• Locked thread