Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Didn't read the OP when he started posting "plot" but given the comments section I am going to call this nonsense and trolling.

E. I have to wonder where these ideas come from, what would be the motivation to stream the game on an unknown channel without anyone knowing with a threat of a lawsuit pending? It doesn't make sense if they aren't even doing it for the views
Attention. Some guy's streaming it from the beginning, I guess the same guy as before. The CA is pretty terrible, and the options are pretty barebones as reported

Relin fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Volt Catfish posted:

what is SOMA

Soma is a type of muscle relaxer that goes by the generic name of Carisoprodol. It is kind of an old school drug due to the complications that can occur with it and there being a variety of more flexible muscle relaxers out there. Hope this helps.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

blackguy32 posted:

Soma is a type of muscle relaxer that goes by the generic name of Carisoprodol. It is kind of an old school drug due to the complications that can occur with it and there being a variety of more flexible muscle relaxers out there. Hope this helps.

thank you this helps allot

al-azad
May 28, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

It's also a fictional drug in Brave New World. All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol with none of the defects. A gram is better than a drat!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Relin posted:

Attention. Some guy's streaming it from the beginning, I guess the same guy as before. The CA is pretty terrible, and the options are pretty barebones as reported

Well color me red. Still, I imagine they have a pretty rough build

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

al-azad posted:

It's also a fictional drug in Brave New World. All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol with none of the defects. A gram is better than a drat!

It is also the name of the protagonist and the reincarnation of Dracula in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

al-azad posted:

And this drug is itself based on an (unidentified) substance known as Soma which was used in Ancient Greek mystery cults. There's so much to learn!

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Tolth posted:

And this drug is itself based on an (unidentified) substance known as Soma which was used in Ancient Greek mystery cults. There's so much to learn!

Soma, or "Haoma" in Avestan, was also the sacred stimulant drug that the gods of the Hindu Rigveda and Zoroastrian Yasnas would drink when at war.

But seriously, does anyone know when Soma is coming out on PS4? I thought it was a PS4 exclusive, but the only listing I've seen for it actually coming out is on Steam.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's kinda dumb as hell I can buy this game and load it up but have to wait two days to actually play it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's kinda dumb as hell I can buy this game and load it up but have to wait two days to actually play it.

Hey man if you want to go back to the old ways of hitting "download" at 12:01 and waiting til morning when you hope that all other 10,000 people downloading didn't kill the DL speed then you are still able to do that

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Vedius Pollio posted:

Soma, or "Haoma" in Avestan, was also the sacred stimulant drug that the gods of the Hindu Rigveda and Zoroastrian Yasnas would drink when at war.

But seriously, does anyone know when Soma is coming out on PS4? I thought it was a PS4 exclusive, but the only listing I've seen for it actually coming out is on Steam.

Site says the 22, no preloading it looks like.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
edit: Nevermind, you meant on PS4.

SkeletonHero fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 21, 2015

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Speaking of MGSV, I was quite amused to find a radio airing the murder report from PT in one of the spooky sections of the game.

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

The character models in FNAF World are even scarier than the ones in the original series

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Chev posted:

Speaking of MGSV, I was quite amused to find a radio airing the murder report from PT in one of the spooky sections of the game.

I swear one day people are going to find PT hidden inside the game as a final gently caress you to Konami.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

SirDrone posted:

I swear one day people are going to find PT hidden inside the game as a final gently caress you to Konami.

I keep hoping for this as well.

The ending of Fran Bow makes me irrationally angry.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
fran bow isn't that fun of a game, in my honest opinion.

pretty, though.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Vinesauce (a streamer) didn't have a PS4 so he missed out of PT. He keeps trying PT clones, though, which make the chat boil with rage since they all suck.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Whenever Silent Hills gets brought up it's just depressing knowing what could have been, especially after MGS V. :smith:

Seriously, gently caress you Konami.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hey, at least in Silent Hill a crappy ending that doesn't explain anything would fit in with the theme :v:

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
Reviews for SOMA are getting released. Seems like a very positive response overall. Here's one: http://www.destructoid.com/review-soma-311740.phtml

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Leinadi posted:

Reviews for SOMA are getting released. Seems like a very positive response overall. Here's one: http://www.destructoid.com/review-soma-311740.phtml

Hopefully they don't do the same thing to the lady scientist as they did in Black Plague :ohdear:

Annoying Reveler
Jul 16, 2002
The Allison Road kickstarter is finally up!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/allisonroad/allison-road-first-person-next-gen-survival-horror?ref=nav_search

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I keep hoping for this as well.

The ending of Fran Bow makes me irrationally angry.

What about the ending bothered you

I didnt' play the game, I watched harshlycritical play through it tho and it looked like a very pretty, very confusing game that felt too confusing for its own good. I assume they were trying to be confusing on purpose though, given the similarities to alice in wonderland

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Hey man if you want to go back to the old ways of hitting "download" at 12:01 and waiting til morning when you hope that all other 10,000 people downloading didn't kill the DL speed then you are still able to do that

games should not release on tuesdays in the year 2015 when i can download it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Leinadi posted:

And you can preload now on Steam. I'm so ready for this. :woop:

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007

Mindblast posted:

And you can preload now on Steam. I'm so ready for this. :woop:

Is there seriously no thread for SOMA.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

tirinal posted:

You're in it

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Hopefully they don't do the same thing to the lady scientist as they did in Black Plague :ohdear:

Augh, god, that was both brilliant and absolutely horrible.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

games should not release on tuesdays in the year 2015 when i can download it.

It doesn't matter what day games come out on, preloading a couple days prior is still a good feature to avoid the day 1 rush.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the RPS review of Soma kind of seemed like the game was bad.

quote:

There’s barely a quiet moment that SOMA doesn’t try to fill with reflections on what is happening and when the lead character actually prompts conversations by saying things like, “Doesn’t this whole situation make you think about what it really means to be human?” it’s hard not to feel that those reflections are forced. He’s so desperate to milk the weird horror of his situation for some kind of philosophical insight that it seems like he’s preparing to write a dissertation and desperately wringing every encounter for material rather than trying to survive.

that sounds stupid as poo poo.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well there's just no way an online game journo would write some stupid overwrought paragraph that wouldn't even cross the mind of a normal person.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

tirinal posted:

there is one, i'm the only one who posted in it

people learned a hard lesson from machine for pigs

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Soon as I can scrape together the cash im getting soma. Lots of games have come out I want to play but since going back to school money has been extremely tight but Ill bite the bullet for it. Don't let me down, guys who made Amnesia.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Relin posted:

there is one, i'm the only one who posted in it

people learned a hard lesson from machine for pigs
That 'The Chinese Room' are really poo poo at writing a good story? Cause we also learned that in that Rapture game. But I'm excited for SOMA.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Walk me through why Dark Descent is better than Machine for Pigs. Is it the superficial Lovecraft, the half-assed sanity mechanics, or the resource management?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

al-azad posted:

It doesn't matter what day games come out on, preloading a couple days prior is still a good feature to avoid the day 1 rush.

it does matter as most adults work during the week and not on the weekends.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Walk me through why Dark Descent is better than Machine for Pigs. Is it the superficial Lovecraft, the half-assed sanity mechanics, or the resource management?

it actually has gameplay would probably be the main reason.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yikes.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Groovelord Neato posted:

Okay, so it's the resource management?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Boss I'm afraid I can't come into work today.

And why not?

Amnesia.

Oh my god are you ok?