Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Richard Dawkins is so far up his own... field, that he's absolutely a font of knowledge on evolution and pretty much nothing else.

I haven't seen a high enough resolution shot to criticize his creation of it, but a lot of blowhards claim he disassembled an actual clock for parts. Good? That doesn't make him a fraud, it means he understands saving time. Does that simple wiring and assembly job lose credibility because he didn't hand-make the LCD display? (No one does that, FYI)

Dawkins is parroting the same attack line popular with places like Breitbart, Newsmax, Free Republic, etc. "Ahmed's father is a militant Islamist who set this up to play the victim and pull in the liberal white guilt dollars and publicity"

e: Not to mention putting the word kid in scare quotes because I guess Muslims are like blacks, you become a terrifying adult man when you hit double digit age.

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Dick Dorkins also saw fit to cover himself in Elevatorgate poo poo and attack Rebecca Watson, a fellow prominent white (female--natch) atheist. He only cares about his own self-aggrandizing, and hordes of the worst kind of new atheist loser give him mad twitter props for it because he's covered himself in a veneer of Smarter Than You Science Man.

People like him and Bill Maher are even more loathsome than the Donald Trumps and Mike Huckabees of the world, because neoliberal scum apologize for them and we end up keeping the racist/misogynist status quo right at the top of our major institutions and pretending like it's not there.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Richard Dawkins is so far up his own... field, that he's absolutely a font of knowledge on evolution and pretty much nothing else.

I haven't seen a high enough resolution shot to criticize his creation of it, but a lot of blowhards claim he disassembled an actual clock for parts. Good? That doesn't make him a fraud, it means he understands saving time. Does that simple wiring and assembly job lose credibility because he didn't hand-make the LCD display? (No one does that, FYI)

if he didn't make the thing using traditional pre-modern Swiss methods and actual mechanical clockwork, he's a fraud IMO

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

dark-horse candidate Carly Fiornia dazzles audiences, pundits and analysts alike with her surprising foreign-policy chops

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stultus Maximus posted:

Dawkins is parroting the same attack line popular with places like Breitbart, Newsmax, Free Republic, etc. "Ahmed's father is a militant Islamist who set this up to play the victim and pull in the liberal white guilt dollars and publicity"

e: Not to mention putting the word kid in scare quotes because I guess Muslims are like blacks, you become a terrifying adult man when you hit double digit age.

Relevant: http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/03/people-including-cops-view-black-kids-less-innocent-and-less-young-white-kids/359026/
As a strict atheist and evolutionist, he must believes adulthood starts at puberty... :pedo:

gently caress that guy. I'm an atheist too, but God drat, he's militant about that poo poo. Chill the gently caress out dude.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 20, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

As a strict atheist and evolutionist, he must believes adulthood starts at puberty... :pedo:

gently caress that guy. I'm an atheist too, but God drat, he's militant about that poo poo. Chill the gently caress out dude.

If not for his wealth before his slide he would be like that multiple online alias guy who was a free speech extremist according to FBI.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Dorkins is just mad there was a clockmaker behind the clock

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ohgodwhat posted:

:perfect:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
So with Walker polling<1% I'm ready to count him out as the president. But he still has considerable backing, money, and infrastructure. So I think a Vice President spot is possible. The question is with whom. Given the current anti establishment mood, I don't think linking up with Bush or Rubio would be wise, it would look like it was the elites really piling on and piss off the base. At the same time, linking up with Trump/Carson/Fiorina would destroy the anti establishment vibe all of them have, so I don't see that happening. Huckabee I don't see sticking around much longer, and same with Christie. That means throwing in with Ted Cruz to make a play as the "bombastic oligarch supporting, liberal hating" ticket. And I do think it has to be Cruz, he is the only viable one out of the two remaining. Paul/Walker is guaranteed to crash and burn.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Fried Chicken posted:

So with Walker polling<1% I'm ready to count him out as the president. But he still has considerable backing, money, and infrastructure. So I think a Vice President spot is possible. The question is with whom. Given the current anti establishment mood, I don't think linking up with Bush or Rubio would be wise, it would look like it was the elites really piling on and piss off the base. At the same time, linking up with Trump/Carson/Fiorina would destroy the anti establishment vibe all of them have, so I don't see that happening. Huckabee I don't see sticking around much longer, and same with Christie. That means throwing in with Ted Cruz to make a play as the "bombastic oligarch supporting, liberal hating" ticket. And I do think it has to be Cruz, he is the only viable one out of the two remaining. Paul/Walker is guaranteed to crash and burn.

When someone polls as low as Walker does, no amount of money is going to help and no one would be foolish enough to ask him to be VP.

"Hey, not even your mother wants you to be president, so how about being my VP so that if I die, you become president instead?"

Or was your whole post just to make a Paul Walker/car crash joke?

E: Because, and let me tell you, its too soon and always will be.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

By the way, I love that were treating a 14 year old with a hobby like he's on Apples R and D staff and should be able to come up with something better.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Dalael posted:

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Dalael posted:

When someone polls as low as Walker does, no amount of money is going to help and no one would be foolish enough to ask him to be VP.

"Hey, not even your mother wants you to be president, so how about being my VP so that if I die, you become president instead?"

E: Because, and let me tell you, its too soon and always will be.

Weird to state this so authoritatively when Joe Biden was basically a rounding error in 2008.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Weird to state this so authoritatively when Joe Biden was basically a rounding error in 2008.

Daleal is the guy who learned what politics are a few weeks ago and asked what a write in candidate is, don't talk about ancient history

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Jagchosis posted:

Daleal is the guy who learned what politics are a few weeks ago and asked what a write in candidate is, don't talk about ancient history

Dalael has actually been following Canadian politics for much of his life and only became interested in American politics since Obama. Considering "Write-in-Candidate" is not a thing in Canada and would only serve to disqualify a ballot, I think its kinda normal that I may not be entirely familiar with the system and sometime have to ask questions.

I'd also point out that unlike Biden which is liked by many people, no one other than the Koch brothers like Walker.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 20, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I assure thousands if not millions of real pieces of poo poo in Wisconsin like Walker.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Yeah well, no one gives a poo poo about Wisconsin

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Boon posted:

Yeah well, no one gives a poo poo about Wisconsin

True in sports, true in politics

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Dalael posted:

Dalael has actually been following Canadian politics for much of his life and only became interested in American politics since Obama. Considering "Write-in-Candidate" is not a thing in Canada and would only serve to disqualify a ballot, I think its kinda normal that I may not be entirely familiar with the system and sometime have to ask questions.

I'd also point out that unlike Biden which is liked by many people, no one other than the Koch brothers like Walker.

This doesn't make the thing you argued about him any more sensible or correct.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
What does Walker bring to a VP ticket besides liabilities? Even if you're Ted Cruz, you fill his niche better with others in the clown car. He's done, a loser who can't cut it on the national stage, and it's glorious.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Buffer posted:

What does Walker bring to a VP ticket besides liabilities? Even if you're Ted Cruz, you fill his niche better with others in the clown car. He's done, a loser who can't cut it on the national stage, and it's glorious.

He brings poetic justice to the Republicans losing next november?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

This doesn't make the thing you argued about him any more sensible or correct.

Because everyone in this thread only makes correct and sensible posts.

I may be wrong about the why, but I'm fairly certaint that Walker as VP will not happen.

Also this:

Buffer posted:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Buffer posted:

Agreed, I think Carson or Fiorina are more likely for VP slots. Gets the pubbies' token minority candidate out there but in a position of no actual power so Fox can say it's a shining example of GOP outreach to women/black people without actually having to deal with the political consequences thereof.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Buffer posted:

Very, very little. Maybe the assurance that whomever the top of the ticket is won't be the most clueless, slack-jawed cretin in the room when they campaign together?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

ohgodwhat posted:

Aww yiss there's the clock-maker joke.

Also would have accepted:

He's just mad the clock-maker was Muslim.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

That is the song to which she dances to but her actual speech is transcribed

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I said a month back that I think the ticket will be Rubio/Fiorina and now I'm more convinced

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So this is interesting:

quote:

WALLACE: First of all, do you acknowledge what every fact checker has found, that as horrific as that scene is, it was only described on the video by someone who claimed to have seen it?

There is not -- no actual footage of the incident that you just mentioned?

FIORINA: No, I don't accept that at all. I've seen the footage. And I find it amazing, actually, that all these supposed fact checker in the mainstream media claim this doesn't exist. They're trying to attack the authenticity of the videotape.

I haven't found a lot of people in the mainstream media who've ever watched these things. I mean, they will claim somebody watched it for them.

I will continue to dare anyone who wants to continue to fund Planned Parenthood, watch the videotapes.

And anyone who wants to challenge me, first, is going to have to prove to me that they watched it

So Fiorina says "YES HUH!" that there was in fact footage of which she described, yet for some reason, hasn't bothered to release it or guide people to where on the 12 hours of released footage that clip is at.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
We'd watch the full, uncut film she's talking about but the lighting up her rear end makes it hard to see anything but brown.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
In most of the stories I've read they say similar footage is out there but it's not exactly how she describes it and it's not in the Planed Parenthood videos released this year.

The footage she's referring to is entitled One Weird Trick to Harvest a Living Fetus' Brain! Pro-lifers HATE it!

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Its a good thing there isn't a video streaming platform where these videos could be easily uploaded for the world to conveniently view

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Walker will likely be VP as the nominee needs to sign a blood-oath with the Koch Sugar Daddies - that's how Paul Ryan became Romney's running mate (you'll note in the 'Mitt' movie you never see anything about his selection process because it was likely a closed-door deal with Charles and David)

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Jagchosis posted:

Its a good thing there isn't a video streaming platform where these videos could be easily uploaded for the world to conveniently view

Multiple steaming platforms even.

I'm sorry I only hear the usually GOP warmongering in this video? :confused:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Fried Chicken posted:

Then why complain that she is not?
by working with think tanks and outside organizations to push it as normal Democratic Party policy

Because I follow the news

Because it's not transparent her presence is making an impact. You seem to have found the font of information where it is though, so would you mind sharing it? "The news" is not descriptive enough, I watch the news too but never see any direct effects from her presence.

Keep in mind this isn't a personal attack against her, I'm trying to dig deeper into the idea that certain leftist candidates should not be president because they're more useful at their level than as president, when it's pretty clear the current and past presidents can implement significant changes.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Buffer posted:

I think Walker expected to win with no fight, because that's what he's used to in the political hellscape that is suburban Milwaukee Wisconsin. He doesn't know how to operate in an environment where he isn't just crowned on the back of Koch money and the political power of a incredibly awful gently caress-you-got-mine upper middle class suburban voting base, just for declaring himself to be Most Conservative

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 21, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

icantfindaname posted:

I think Walker expected to win with no fight, because that's what he's used to in the political hellscape that is suburban Milwaukee Wisconsin. He doesn't know how to operate in an environment where he isn't just crowned on the back of the political power of a incredibly awful gently caress-you-got-mine upper middle class suburban voting base, just for declaring himself to be Most Conservative

i think thats what alot of them though, at least walker and JEB!. then Trump came in and rallied the base that was already engorged and indoctrinated with FYGM City on hill american jesus gently caress browns redmeat that they had fed for decades.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Hey guys, remember when Bush the second was considered the most embarrassing world leader in living memory?

Well,

:stare:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think thats what alot of them though, at least walker and JEB!. then Trump came in and rallied the base that was already engorged and indoctrinated with FYGM City on hill american jesus gently caress browns redmeat that they had fed for decades.

At least Bush (and Rubio) has the whole Compassionate Conservatism thing, and the attempts at reaching out to minority voters. At least he is aware of the fact that he would have to get people to vote for him who aren't blood-red Boomer suburbanite fucks, even while being constrained in how much he can reach out to other voter bases. I literally think Walker didn't even consider it, and made no attempt to ever do so. Then The Donald comes along and jacks his voter base, and :byewhore:

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 21, 2015

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

So do we reckon conservative financiers will start shifting money to Rubio now, or are they gonna keep riding the Bush Train for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Klaus88 posted:

Hey guys, remember when Bush the second was considered the most embarrassing world leader in living memory?

Well,

:stare:

Wow...the guy who writes for Black Mirror must be laughing his rear end off now.

• Locked thread