Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

The Taint Reaper posted:

The tears of joy that shed from all the faces of the japanese gamers.

Also Atlus was apparently showing poo poo off to remind people that they're not just making persona 5 and to please buy their other games.

So "no source." I'll treat your claim as "unsubstantiated and more than a bit delusional until proven otherwise" then.

(-amie in future games would be hilarious though, since that means I get to watch and laugh at more pointless Internet drama.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i want to pet my animes please make it happen nintendo

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Awesome! posted:

The one glaring omission between Project Mirai and Diva.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd probably spend a while petting Kirby and Little Mac on their (probably) upcoming games.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You can pet Diamond Dog in Metal gear Solid 5.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

You can pet Diamond Dog in Metal gear Solid 5.

Yeah but it's just 'press triangle to pet' Nintendo already took petting dogs to the next level 10 years ago

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah but it's just 'press triangle to pet' Nintendo already took petting dogs to the next level 10 years ago

all those dogs(and cat) are dead now.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Awesome! posted:

Doesn't Pokémon X/Y allow you to pet your pokémon? However, trainers cannot be petted.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
It's like Nintendo is dead set on giving people reasons not to buy Fire Emblem Fates, between splitting the game in two and the weird otaku pandering bullshit.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sounds like four times the reason to buy, actually

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The two games are very substantially different and they're both as long as a standard FE game; it's closer to the Zelda Oracle games than Pokemon or whatever.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Rexroom posted:

Doesn't Pokémon X/Y allow you to pet your pokémon? However, trainers cannot be petted.

i want to pet stahl

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Chaltab posted:

It's like Nintendo is dead set on giving people reasons not to buy Fire Emblem Fates, between splitting the game in two and the weird otaku pandering bullshit.

Looking at sales, the opposite seems to be true.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fire Emblem Fates seems to have taken the relationship system to uncomfortable places. Anime waifus sell games I guess.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The two games are very substantially different and they're both as long as a standard FE game; it's closer to the Zelda Oracle games than Pokemon or whatever.

And even Pokemon isn't a single game split in two; the versions are the exact same but with slightly different Pokemon rosters to encourage trading, which is nothing in the internet age. The thing to criticize there is them making a far superior third version for quite a few gens.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

Fire Emblem Fates seems to have taken the relationship system to uncomfortable places. Anime waifus sell games I guess.

That and being an actually good game with good game design as opposed to Awakening

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
there are a lot of normies in this thread.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:fap::circlefap::flashfap::shrek:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TheKingofSprings posted:

That and being an actually good game with good game design as opposed to Awakening

I guess. I just wish I could play the game without feeling ashamed for its words and deeds

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I mean, you are completely free to play the game and ignore the side content you don´t care for entirely, like a normal person would.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Augus posted:

I guess. I just wish I could play the game without feeling ashamed for its words and deeds

You could always just not pet your animals or waifus or whatever

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm going to take a bold stance in the WiiU thread and say that I don't feel shame for playing Nintendo games.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe they should remake some of the older FEs so I can pet Haar

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

can someone edit the Chaos Reigns fox gif to say Nintendo Reigns thanks

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Man I love it when crossovers actually have characters acknowledge each other directly. Really the only thing missing from this whole deal is Spyro himself. He's been more or less entirely excised from the spotlight and shoved into the draw like he was just another random character they made up for the series.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Didn't they only piggyback the concept on Spyro to begin with because it was an existing IP that nobody really wanted to do anything with?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

raditts posted:

Didn't they only piggyback the concept on Spyro to begin with because it was an existing IP that nobody really wanted to do anything with?

Yeah but I always found it interesting that so many people were able to call what was going to happen to him should/when the franchise become a success. People knew as soon as the series outgrew Spyro he'd become less and less important overall, until characters introduced in that attempt to be "more serious" Spyro reboot got more attention than him going forwards.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

raditts posted:

It was more that they couldn't get retailers to commit to stocking such a huge shelf-hogger without tying it to a proven brand, I think.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the proven spyro brand that Brick and Mortar retail was clamoring for

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

everyone's tapping their fingers at a shareholders meeting as Robert Walton, Son of Sam, rambles on. did he get it. one of them slams his fist on the oak (??) table. Did You Get Spyro he barks. is Spyro back on the shelves

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

so did you walk Nowi into the enemy units immediately after you got her or are you just ignoring everything bad about Awakening

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't really understand what I saw or what people are talking about. Is that video from the upcoming fire emblem game?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

I don't really understand what I saw or what people are talking about. Is that video from the upcoming fire emblem game?

Yes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tender Bender posted:

From what I understand you can rub the stylus all over your soldiers to make them happy in the same way you could pet your pokemon in X/Y.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh so i can pet my animes? thank you nintendo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Awesome! posted:

Nintendo already gave you the ability to touch a sleeping Luigi in Dream Team

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They're gonna have a Direct where they reveal that Star Fox Zero's delay was in order to add a rubbing feature.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Meh. Awakening is a good game too. Though from everything I know about Fates, I know I'll like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jarogue posted:

Nintendo already gave you the ability to touch a sleeping Luigi in Dream Team

I rubbed that Italian man's nose for purely practical purposes, and not, I repeat, not for deepening the bonds between my beloved comrades. There's a world of difference between the two actions.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'd probably spend a while petting Kirby and Little Mac on their (probably) upcoming games.

Also, holy poo poo, I want to pet Meta Knight so bad right now.

• Locked thread