Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SegwayPimp
Sep 13, 2015

Awesome Welles posted:

that's amazing

whoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Jokepost or not, I wish I had the money to blow on a wardrobe like this so I could put it towards eliminating my crippling debt instead. I'm still wearing clothes I got ten years ago but I also haven't had to move back in with my parents since graduating college so I think I'm coming out ahead so far.

That's the one thing they don't get, they put their games/night life/fashion/"education" above their bills/job. When the tough times come it'll be people like you who pull through better off than you were before because you don't need to curtail idiotic spending.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Boko Haram posted:

That's the one thing they don't get, they put their games/night life/fashion/"education" above their bills/job. When the tough times come it'll be people like you who pull through better off than you were before because you don't need to curtail idiotic spending.

I should not be held up as some financial paragon. The frugality is mostly out of necessity as almost 75% of my monthly income goes into rent & bills :negative: I'm working that down though, I promise! Plus a lot of the clothes I have are super-comfy and I don't see the point of replacing them.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 20, 2015

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

C-Euro posted:

I should not be held up as some financial paragon. The frugality is mostly out of necessity as almost 75% of my monthly income goes into rent & bills :negative: I'm working that down though, I promise! Plus a lot of the clothes I have are super-comfy and I don't see the point of replacing them.

Don't buy Star Wars poo poo. All I've learned from BFC

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

any part of this thread that isn't a utube or jpg is loving terrible.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

ThePriceIsRight posted:

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

ThePriceIsRight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uzu58N-Sso

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Millennial male with no visible external genitalia. I'm telling you guys...

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
none of these pictures are of millennials. i bet almost all of them are from hipster mock pic sites.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

ThePriceIsRight posted:

thank you! for ur support i will share with you this utube (i had to go deep into by saved vids looking for it...but i thin u will really enjoy it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY

"Dirt is all around us, everything is poo poo. We apply meaning, value, and worth to the poo poo surrounding us. We live by this meaning, and by our words, we live by worth, and apply value, but, everything is poo poo"

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 21, 2015

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Mariana Horchata posted:

thank you! for ur support i will share with you this utube (i had to go deep into by saved vids looking for it...but i thin u will really enjoy it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY

"Dirt is all around us, everything is poo poo. We apply meaning, value, and worth to the poo poo surrounding us. We live by this meaning, and by our words, we live by worth, and apply value, but, everything is poo poo"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3BXVTF7mw&feature=youtu.be&t=49m56s

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
Hey hollowwood we another steve jobs movie, no not this one, a new one, better more advanced.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Decline of the Noid[edit]

On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill customer who thought the ads were a personal attack on him, held two employees of an Atlanta Domino's restaurant hostage for over five hours. After forcing them to make him a pizza and making demands for $100,000, getaway transportation, and a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid surrendered to the police.[3] After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered a memorable assessment to reporters: "He's paranoid."[4] Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Noid spent three months in a mental institution, and eventually committed suicide in 1995. This incident caused Domino's Pizza to discontinue advertising using the Noid as their mascot.[5]

jajajajaja

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

whats this

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

"Oh does it have snake?’ and I’m like, ‘No I wish it did."

:swoon:

http://time.com/3318573/flip-phones-millennials-iphone6/

im not 100% on the context but that owns and im going to watch all of it later on

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 21, 2015

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Mariana Horchata posted:

“I'm wearing a vintage hat, a coat from a Japanese primary school's second hand market in Milan, an American Apparel shirt, a self-made bowtie and customized jeans shorts and Dr Martens boots. Don't dress up like sheep.”

“My outfit is a postmodern stand to the state of the society. The print on my top is self-designed and self-made.”

“I like to wear clothes from the 20s and the 30s. At that time clothes were made to fit the body naturally. I found my style a couple of years ago, when I was looking for a new pair of trousers.”

“I wear other people's clothes: The jacket is my grandmother's old, the pullover from my boyfriend's mother. I like to wear pink, black and leggings. I like girlish but clean-cut and simple clothes.”

this is vastly preferable to a sea of investment bankers in pale blue button ups and black slacks. The future is now.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Toadvine posted:

this is vastly preferable to a sea of investment bankers in pale blue button ups and black slacks. The future is now.

yea some of them reminded me of all the neo-baroque fashion in the last Deus Ex which was p dope, also their intentions seemed much more honest than ur average fashion conscious american millennial who primarily plays dress up just to instragram themselves in order to receive reblogs/likes that generate the good feels that validate their existence

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

yea some of them reminded me of all the neo-baroque fashion in the last Deus Ex which was p dope, also their intentions seemed much more honest than ur average fashion conscious american millennial who primarily plays dress up just to instragram themselves in order to receive reblogs/likes that generate the good feels that validate their existence

ah yes good old vagina head

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
whatever I embrace the weird poo poo as long as its honest and not vain. every post on lookatthisfuckinghipster is someone desperate to be seen and thats the most unstylish mindset.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kinda reminds me of the 80's.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
antonio banderas is going to bring back capes.

Shown: man aspires to sell clothes for snake people

this is a good thing.

to be ridiculous or colorful or annoying with your clothes is excellent.

it is the warning spots on a beautiful butterfly.
it says "hey, gently caress off if you don't like colorful poo poo. we're not gonna be friends if u a drab motherfucker"
its like a sticker on your car bumper or laptop; or your dumb garbage tee-shirt with a pop culture thing on it.
it's a potential point of connection with others, but also gives people an excuse to not speak to you, if they choose.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
its fascinating to me that industrializing garments produced simpler, lowest common denominator items. This summer I went to the Biltmore Estate with my partner when they had the Downton Abbey costumes on display and I learned how much upkeep was required back in the day for just a few relatively complex articles of clothing. Its cool to meet people who create and refashion items in their wardrobe rather than wearing what was produced en masse.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Toadvine posted:

whatever I embrace the weird poo poo as long as its honest and not vain.
all fashion is vain. "honest" is shorthand for "presents themselves exactly as they are" but nobody loving does this.

wear a suit to look like a BUSINESS.
wear a dress to look CHASTE.

these are just indicators.

Toadvine posted:

every post on lookatthisfuckinghipster is someone desperate to be seen and thats the most unstylish mindset.

the point of these dumb, ridiculous, gross outfits is to say "ha ha you can't tell what I'm pretending to be; because I don't give you any indicators. guess you'll have to loving talk to me, fuckface" of course these people are often attention-hungry garbage but at least they're trying in their own garbage way to dress nicely.

Toadvine posted:

its fascinating to me that industrializing garments produced simpler, lowest common denominator items. This summer I went to the Biltmore Estate with my partner when they had the Downton Abbey costumes on display and I learned how much upkeep was required back in the day for just a few relatively complex articles of clothing. Its cool to meet people who create and refashion items in their wardrobe rather than wearing what was produced en masse.
talk to a woman in her 90s and she'll tell you how a big part of managing a household used to be keeping everyone dressed. cutting & sewing clothes, hell even sometimes weaving the god drat cloth was just something a wife/mom did.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i wish i could get that excited about anything, much less a phone that releases every 1-2 years

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toadvine posted:

Mariana Horchata posted:

9/20/2015, the day goons stopped hating hipsters and became them

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

froward posted:

all fashion is vain. "honest" is shorthand for "presents themselves exactly as they are" but nobody loving does this.

fashion and style are forms of expression but its no more inherently vain than displaying a painting or playing a song you wrote (which may also be vain). So I think following fashion trends is exceedingly narcissistic. Fashion week just wrapped up and it was stupid how many people around town were clearly following trends.
When I say honest I recall people who dress how they like, its cool that people wear hiking boots and running shoes because they're comfy.

in summary cool off you sound too serious

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hipsters are young people who dress in a manner you don't like, but can't put into another category of dress like juggalos or furries.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

"Oh does it have snake?’ and I’m like, ‘No I wish it did."

:swoon:

http://time.com/3318573/flip-phones-millennials-iphone6/

im not 100% on the context but that owns and im going to watch all of it later on

quote:

“My limited edition, matte black Razr did not move on with me to college or any other extension of my life… Being outdated is never on trend. I guess it is a different story if your throwback flip phone is your second phone, and your other phone can be a testament that you are a functioning part of our current society. Having two phones is very on trend.”

literally kill all millennials/idle rich

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Robo Reagan posted:

9/20/2015, the day goons stopped hating hipsters and became them

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I've got a tiny cellphone that's not even a flip phone.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
on fleek is on trend

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Madcosby posted:

hahaha wow

growing up, the noid was a huge hit. everyone loved those commercials.

imagine taking this personally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bri0SA7FTf4

Seriously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUdbm5-Uqs

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

froward posted:

antonio banderas is going to bring back capes.

Shown: man aspires to sell clothes for snake people

this is a good thing.

to be ridiculous or colorful or annoying with your clothes is excellent.

it is the warning spots on a beautiful butterfly.
it says "hey, gently caress off if you don't like colorful poo poo. we're not gonna be friends if u a drab motherfucker"
its like a sticker on your car bumper or laptop; or your dumb garbage tee-shirt with a pop culture thing on it.
it's a potential point of connection with others, but also gives people an excuse to not speak to you, if they choose.

Are you making GBS threads me? I might have to interact with someone dressed like Snively whiplash outside of a themepark?

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 21, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Lando Calrissian wore a cape and he was pretty cool, but people are generally not Lando Calrissian. :sigh:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Lando Calrissian wore a cape and he was pretty cool, but people are generally not Lando Calrissian. :sigh:

He was able to be cool while wearing a cape because he lived in a fantasy space world sky palace. You know, not walking into a microbrewery and throwing it off in a dramatic fashion, in real life.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Wow, free ipads!

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
It must've been kind of a bummer to be an Apple engineer and constantly have all the work you and your colleagues do attributed to Steve Jobs like he was actually inventing all this poo poo in his basement by himself in between murdering himself with fruit juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Or an 8 y.o. Chinese girl making the iPad

• Locked thread