Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Never Easy
May 9, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

eatdatpussy is in rare form tonight.

Link if it hasn't been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Notable Dom X posted:

lol gently caress the rest of this poo poo.i love johnny football. i love that little gremlin dude. to go from being in rehab and winning as a starter in an nfl game is loving cool and i dont care if the wheels fall off pretty soon which they probably will. we'll always have week 2, when you were jonathan pigskin, savior of cleveland. go browns bitch until the heat death of the universe

Who the gently caress isn't all in on Johnny Football and the Cleveland Browns winning something, finally

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

seiferguy posted:

The defense completely failed to contain Aaron Rodgers, which is expected considering he's the best QB in football and at home.

rodgers is good but give the offensive line some credit; inversely i still think tannyhill deserves some credit and as predicted the oline is complete poo poo again this year.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Koirhor posted:

One would argue Rodgers takes his more seriously because the idea that some almighty deity gives a gently caress about football, much less the Seahawks is absurd.

lol you can just see him smirk when he says it was god

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/09/nbc_analyst_rodney_harrison_cr.html

quote:

"I'm very disappointed in their team. This is a cheap shot right here," Harrison said as the video was replayed for viewers prior to Sunday Night Football. "Nobody comes to his defense except a rookie lineman. This is just crazy. This just shows me how much respect this team has for Matthew Stafford, not a lot."

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

I hope you die.

gently caress you and gently caress anyone who roots for injuries.

Pretty sure death qualifies as an injury. :colbert:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers / Texans:

Texans looked anywhere between a loving shambles of a team and surprisingly competent depending on the play. Mallett is still at least 50.50 as to whether or not he'll make it as a professional quaterback it was kind of cool to see him fired up after running in for the world's slowest rushing touchdown even if he was a dick mocking Cam's celebration, I hope his failure to convert at the end keeps him up at night and causes him impotence for a good three weeks. He really needs a clean pocket and support to operate because when he sets his feet he can throw with the best of them but sprays them everywhere when he gets happy.

Also gently caress JJ Watt for mocking Cam's first down signalling. He was against Michael Oher all day and barely made his presence felt. He's always had a tendency to over pursue a little bit and Cam punished him in the read option.

I'd also probably give my left testicle for another decent receiver. Funchess is still a year away and Ginn/Brown won't ever be more than deep threat complimentary pieces but it was nice to see both of them over come their lovely games last week and make some nice long catches. The Panthers missed Luke in the middle - that much was painfully clear. The texans seemed to attack that portion of the field. AJ Klein did an OK job today. He wasn't great but he played about as well as 30 other team's middle linebackers, he just isn't Luke.

It's pretty good that Tampa and New Orleans are both dumpster fires given they're the team's next two opponents, even Atlanta only looks barely competent but I can't help but feel the Panthers are due to come crashing back down to earth. They've been lucky the last two weeks both with the bounce of the ball and their opponents shooting themselves in the foot at key moments. The idea they could be 4-0 heading into the Seattle game gives me a modicum of hope the team can get back to the playoffs with the strong finish but I think a team like Green bay is going to carve them up.

It's kind of funny early in the year I thought we were doomed but the Giants, cowboys, eagles, seahawks and their divisional foes really don't look good at the moment. As bad as Carolina is this year, with their patchwork receiving corp - if Seattle, Philly, the giants, tampa and new orleans keep making GBS threads the bed the Panthers could be the worst team to win 11 games.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Panthers / Texans:
the Panthers could be the worst team to win 11 games.

The Panthers won't win 11 games friend

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Koirhor posted:

One would argue Rodgers takes his more seriously because the idea that some almighty deity gives a gently caress about football, much less the Seahawks is absurd.

Why not? Religions don't make sense anyway.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

The Panthers won't win 11 games friend

You might want to check their opponents because:

Saints
Buccs

Seahawks
Eagles
Colts
Packers
Titans
Redskins
Cowboys
Saints
Falcons
Giants

Falcons
Buccs

Bolded is what I see as games the team should win based on their performances v their opponents performances. Panthers wouldn't deserve the record, but what you think Winston or the shell of New Orleans that trotted out the last two weeks are that good?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Yeah, Saints and Buccs are both hot garbage, the Eagles are too cute for their own good, the cowboys won't have any good players, we'll split with the Falcons, we'll beat the Skins... the only ones i find questionable are Titans (which team will we get? the one that played the Browns or the one that played the Bucs) and the Giants (will ODB just get 900 yards as he zips past Roman Harper again and again?). The good news is that the only team I see on our schedule that we have no chance of beating is the Packers. The Seahawks look weak and the Colts have like no defense at all. We're not a great team but a lot of the teams on our schedule are deeply flawed as we are if not more so.

Bottom line is that Cam needs to make this team win. He has to push them over the edge. If today is an indication we can do just fine. He really took over today even when stuff wasn't working well around him. If he can keep doing that we'll be back in the playoffs.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
what i learned today as a bills fan:

1) the pats are really good

and 2) the stretch of the schedule towards the end of the year where they play three nfc east teams in a row might not be such a terrible thing after all

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Please someone tell me the Raiders defense can be fixed quickly.You cannot allow 30 points a game and just hope your offense will dig you out of the hole.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Lamadrid posted:

Please someone tell me the Raiders defense can be fixed quickly.You cannot allow 30 points a game and just hope your offense will dig you out of the hole.
I don't think there's any hope for the pass D this year. If the pass rush starts showing up(and it should) then maybe we won't give up 400 yards a game though.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
At first I felt bad because this was the first year I wouldn't be able to watch Saints games live. But now I come home and torture myself by watching the Saints embarrass themselves.

They're really bad and the team is a mess. Not much else to do but hope Payton can stitch things together out of this dysfunctional roster. I don't think that loving center is helping much, either, but maybe I'm just too bitter/too attached to Jimmy. The ex post facto of it all is a bit vindicating, atleast. Both teams in the deal are a torrid mess but the Seahawks obviously look better, relatively speaking, even with the same record.

Anyhow paper bags or something.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Sep 21, 2015

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Ehud posted:

fire joe philbin

disband the miami dolphins

i'm done

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ehud posted:

fire joe philbin

i'm done

So how is that "sign big, flashy free agents" strategy working out for the Dolphins?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Lamadrid posted:

I think there needs to be some scheme adjustments such as more blitzes(we had zero week one, not sure about today). Getting Jelly Ellis back and Aldon Smith another week assimilating will also help.There was a lot of turnover with this defense in the off season and you can still tell they haven't jelled yet, they won't be this bad all year. Injuries, of course, are not helping.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Paperback Writer posted:

I don't think there's any hope for the pass D this year. If the pass rush starts showing up(and it should) then maybe we won't give up 400 yards a game though.

I'm unable to see games atm due to loving timezones but everything I read points to Hayden being a bust and 7th round picks and rejects from other teams being the starting corners.The secondary was the weakest unit in the entire team and it got worse when some dudes dropped dead.I thought Del Rio did okay with Denver but what the gently caress do I know.

warcrimes posted:

I think there needs to be some scheme adjustments such as more blitzes(we had zero week one, not sure about today). Getting Jelly Ellis back and Aldon Smith another week assimilating will also help.There was a lot of turnover with this defense in the off season and you can still tell they haven't jelled yet, they won't be this bad all year. Injuries, of course, are not helping.

I thought the addition of Aldon Smith would give and extra humpf to the line and help cover the secondary.

Meh the raiders won so I am just happy.Let's go the raiders bitch.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Sep 21, 2015

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Well my mood on the vikings went from extremely depressed to cautiously hopeful for a decent season.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

The saints look awful. Every aspect outside of the run are bad.Very bad. The era of saints winning football may be coming to an end.

Good. Can't wait for Drew Brees to go run some lovely Jimmy Johns and hide his weird birthmark ridden face.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 21, 2015

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ehud posted:

fire joe philbin

i'm done

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I get it now...Chip Kellys wild ride is like the rollercoaster that starts out really slow and boring, basically dragging itself along a slow incline that seems to last forever without actually going anywhere...but soon we have to reach the top right?

Jesus gently caress dont let us lose to the Jets and Redskins....please

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Vikings are my team but it was depressing watching Stafford get smeared into the ground on every single play while chasing a fool's hope.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

The saints look awful. Every aspect outside of the run are bad.Very bad. The era of saints winning football may be coming to an end.

For a few years anyway. 2011 was their last chance to realistically get back to a SB and since then it's been a slow decline.

Have there been rumblings that the Saints are looking for a QB? I don't think Brees is going to be around that much longer and they've got to get in a rebuilding mode at some point.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Chromatic posted:

For a few years anyway. 2011 was their last chance to realistically get back to a SB and since then it's been a slow decline.

Have there been rumblings that the Saints are looking for a QB? I don't think Brees is going to be around that much longer and they've got to get in a rebuilding mode at some point.

Did they not completely gently caress their cap by dumping everything into Brees' contract'?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

CyberPingu posted:

Did they not completely gently caress their cap by dumping everything into Brees' contract'?

I don't know enough about cap stuff to say. He makes a lot though.

http://overthecap.com/player/drew-brees/1492/

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress are nanobubbles?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They're what brains crave

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

quote:

Harrison's description isn't entirely accurate. The first player to come to Stafford's aid was injured tight end Brandon Pettigrew, who immediately shoved Barr. Rookie guard Laken Tomlinson also got in the defender's face, along with injured linebacker DeAndre Levy. Both Pettigrew and Tomlinson were quickly restrained by tight end coach Ron Prince.

Also, fire Joe Lombardi

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

effectual posted:

Why not? Religions don't make sense anyway.

At this moment I am euphoric

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

I get it now...Chip Kellys wild ride is like the rollercoaster that starts out really slow and boring, basically dragging itself along a slow incline that seems to last forever without actually going anywhere...but soon we have to reach the top right?

Jesus gently caress dont let us lose to the Jets and Redskins....please

Chip Kelly's Wild Ride is the euthanasia coaster. The part where it goes down is so fast it literally kills you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia_Coaster

I'm real sad about football now. And sports in general. I need a new, more productive and healthy hobby. Like self mutilation.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Takes from the Browns game:

That was really really good pressure on Mariota. It seemed like he was at least getting hit every play. I don't know if this is the Titans line being bad or our pass rush being good.

I'm very happy Travis Benjamin is doing so well this season. Before this season lots of idiots wanted him cut for ~~reasons~~. He's been a useful 3rd/4th WR and his speed is a huge asset.

Johnny Football might not be a good QB, but he sure is a fun QB. He shows flashes of great, mixed with flashes of bad. He's very much a funslinger imo. Maybe by the end of the season he'll become a man. Then we can look him in the eye and call him John Football.

Running game looked, okay.

Run defense looked bad again. To be fair, most of the yardage was in 2 big rips against us, but still.

Terry McAulay drives me nuts though. I especially loved the decision to go back after a turnover play and decide it didn't count because they decided to call a delay of game after the fact. Considering who the ref is, I expect there is a 0% chance he would have made that decision otherwise. He never seems bad in total penalties, but he always seems to pull some very very abnormal stuff out. I'm convinced he still has something against us for Bottlegate.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fenrir posted:

I hope you die.

P1) posters roots for injuries
P2) Fenrir wishes death on people who root for injuries
P3) Death is a form of injury (or is preceded by one, if you disagree with my point)
P4) Hoping is analogous to rooting (to root for someone is to hope for the best)

Conclusion) Fenrir roots for injuries to people who root for injuries, therefore Fenrir roots for Fenrir to be injured.

I hope the universe collapses into this singularity of dumbness and during the implosion Raji rolls up on Rodgers spine, paralyzing him.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
The level of Chip Kelly/Sam Bradford apologia in this thread is quite literally bonkers. All those personnel moves this offseason didn't come out of nowhere - he's been getting rid of solid playmakers since his first year; he was just lucky that enough of Andy's guys were around to make the offense look competent. And that defense is just poo poo. He got rooked on every defensive acquisition in the offseason. Again, the only truly solid players are Andy's guys. Ryans, even. All that roster turnover since 2013 and the only names you hear during games are guys from Andy's regime. As a coach he can be pretty good, but he's being hamstrung by his GM.

Sam Bradford just looks terrible. He had no time partly because the defense didn't have to worry about him completing any important passes. He had two ok quarters when Atlanta's mediocre defense took their foot off the gas, but other than that he's terrified and lost out there. His vision is terrible and he routinely overlooks wide open guys. That's the real problem - sure, he only has two seconds behind that line, but even then you can look at the field and see guys getting open. (Our two best receivers being young and raw is a problem in and of itself, drops like they have are part of that package). And that offensive line, Jesus. Even Peters and Kelce are playing like garbage. If they play this poorly all season the Eagles backfield is gonna be an Indian burial ground

Why are they wearing purple

Packers looked good, I love watching the Seahawks get their poo poo pushed in. I think Fenrir is trying to be the new Kawalimus as a double-reverse jinx so his team wins the superbowl

indigi fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 21, 2015

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Fenrir posted:

I hope you die.

I'm glad Romo and Dez got hurt, mostly because it'll really, really piss you off.

indigi posted:

The level of Chip Kelly/Sam Bradford apologia in this thread is quite literally bonkers. All those personnel moves this offseason didn't come out of nowhere - he's been getting rid of solid playmakers since his first year; he was just lucky that enough of Andy's guys were around to make the offense look competent. And that defense is just poo poo. He got rooked on every defensive acquisition in the offseason. Again, the only truly solid players are Andy's guys. Ryans, even. All that roster turnover since 2013 and the only names you hear during games are guys from Andy's regime. As a coach he can be pretty good, but he's being hamstrung by his GM.

Sam Bradford just looks terrible. He had no time partly because the defense didn't have to worry about him completing any important passes. He had two ok quarters when Atlanta's mediocre defense took their foot off the gas, but other than that he's terrified and lost out there. His vision is terrible and he routinely overlooks wide open guys. That's the real problem - sure, he only has two seconds behind that line, but even then you can look at the field and see guys getting open. (Our two best receivers being young and raw is a problem in and of itself, drops like they have are part of that package). And that offensive line, Jesus. Even Peters and Kelce are playing like garbage. If they play this poorly all season the Eagles backfield is gonna be an Indian burial ground

Why are they wearing purple

Packers looked good, I love watching the Seahawks get their poo poo pushed in. I think Fenrir is trying to be the new Kawalimus as a double-reverse jinx so his team wins the superbowl

The defense actually looked pretty good. They allowed only 13 points (blocked punt doesn't count) and were on the field for basically the entire game. If our offense isn't in full retard mode we were absolutely in a position to win. This all comes down to Chip thinking he can gut the o-line and the team won't absolutely fall to pieces.

axeil fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 21, 2015

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Are the browns a good surrogate AFC team to root for because the Bears are total poo poo? I like the idea of JFF being this decade's sex cannon.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

Are the browns a good surrogate AFC team to root for because the Bears are total poo poo? I like the idea of JFF being this decade's sex cannon.

Never not root for the Browns. If they do end up keeping Manziel in as a starter, I think their games will all be fun to watch. Crazy messes, but fun to watch.

We are probably not going to have a good record this year though. Besides being the Browns, we have a ridiculous schedule this year against the AFC/NFC Wests.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

axeil posted:

The defense actually looked pretty good. They allowed only 13 points (blocked punt doesn't count) and were on the field for basically the entire game. If our offense isn't in full retard mode we were absolutely in a position to win. This all comes down to Chip thinking he can gut the o-line and the team won't absolutely fall to pieces.

This is a totally fair point. I was definitely focusing a lot on Maxwell and the secondary. Watching Weeden go 7/7 with 10 YPA and a TD probably colored my perception of the whole squad.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

OSheaman posted:

They won't beat the Patriots though because God is dead, if He ever existed in the first place (he didn't) (also Bernie Sanders for President)

I like everything about this post.

Football owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

You might want to check their opponents because:

Saints
Buccs

Seahawks
Eagles
Colts
Packers
Titans
Redskins
Cowboys
Saints
Falcons
Giants

Falcons
Buccs

Bolded is what I see as games the team should win based on their performances v their opponents performances. Panthers wouldn't deserve the record, but what you think Winston or the shell of New Orleans that trotted out the last two weeks are that good?
This is pretty much how I feel. The Panthers are good enough to win a home playoff game, but they just can't score enough points to beat the Packers. I actually think they can match up with them on defense as best as you can expect, but there's just not enough talent in their WR to pull it off.

the Panthers defense is actually really loving good, and they still don't have Star, who probably won't return until week 6, which is fine. Shaq Thompson was all over the place yesterday and he hits hard. He plays just like Thomas Davis did when he was a rookie.

Speaking of TD58, he had one of the best games I've ever seen him play yesterday. Just destroying people when he hit them.

Also Blindsite JJ Watt had a monster game yesterday. It wasn't reflected in the stats necessarily, but he was harassing Newton all day. That houston defensive line is something else.

• Locked thread