Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
The only moral God's Law is my God's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's some sort of escalation of the story and I don't get it. Are different people claiming different parts? Because it seems that literally every single facet of the story has to be falsified.

Ahmed* is a 16-year-old* high school student* who aspires* to join NASA* who came to school one day* with a digital clock* of his own invention* and was unfairly* targeted by staff and police* for his Muslim-sounding name* and was later invited* by Obama* and NASA* as compensation* for his* mistreatment*.

Like, you think it'd be easier just to let this situation play out naturally rather than engineer literally every single molecule of the situation and the response.

Just because one thinks one part is fishy, every part must be a lie? Did any of it actually happen? Is Ahmed real? Is Obama real?

Well, I guess originally all the retards thought the clock was a briefcase instead of a pencil box, so
I suppose they realize now that "Yeah, that was stupid, but he's muslim, so he can't be a victim" so now it's a game of finding new ways to justify arresting him or just discrediting him as much as they can.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

He didn't invent the concept of a timekeeping device, checkmate liberals. :smug:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Heh, I bet the "clock" wasn't even completely accurate to the tiniest nanosecond.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

SocketWrench posted:

I suppose they realize now that "Yeah, that was stupid, but he's muslim, so he can't be a victim" so now it's a game of finding new ways to justify arresting him or just discrediting him as much as they can.

That's basically it. They've decided that there must be something here. They can't admit the whole thing was a mistake, so they have to come up with more and more elaborate justifications for why it was technically right to mistreat this guy.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Jurgan posted:

That's basically it. They've decided that there must be something here. They can't admit the whole thing was a mistake, so they have to come up with more and more elaborate justifications for why it was technically right to mistreat this guy.

See also: every other 'scandal' the American right has come up with for the past 8 years. The GOP has a few rules it adheres to absolutely and never breaks under any circumstances, and one of those rules is that you never admit you are wrong about anything. Admitting a mistake is a show of weakness. You always double down - and then you double down on the doubling down, and you keep doubling down for as long as you need to. Eventually the next big story will come around, and you can move on to talking about that instead, while the first scandal fades out of the public consciousness without you ever conceding it to the enemy.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Any reports from Freep on the fact that the Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is purpotrated to have literally, not figuratively, hosed a pigs head?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I searched "David Cameron" and the most recent thing was about Syrian refugees and not about him loving a pig.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

toanoradian posted:

The only moral God's Law is my God's.

As long as it's not the Moon God's.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Admiral Ray posted:

As long as it's not the Moon God's.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Ted Cruz: It Would Be Unconstitutional To Keep Muslim From Running For Prez

drat you Constitution! :argh:

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

Sadly, he is correct.

3 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:20:49 AM by madison10 (If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mr. K

I think God is optional in the oath. I would not be surprised is Obama omitted that part.

4 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:21:44 AM by jospehm20
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

He's right, but if people don't see how destructive and antithetical to the Constitution it is, then this country is doomed....of course, it already is, because we have a president who many not be a Muslim, but certainly sympathizes, encourages, aids and abets them.

7 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:21:54 AM by Thorliveshere

quote:

To: madison10

Yes, he is correct; it would be unconstitutional to prohibit a muslim from being president. On the other hand, it would be stupid to elect one.

As we have found out.

11 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:26:25 AM by henkster (Liberals forget Dickens' kids forged an Empire on which the sun never set.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Sans-Culotte

RE: Yes, but how would he answer the question “Should a muslim be president?”.

Cruz gave a partial answer to that question : “I do not believe Sharia is consistent with the Constitution of this country,”

The answer then is - if a Muslim believes in Sharia Law, NO. He cannot be President.

Next question — Are there Muslims who do not believe in Sharia Law?

20 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:31:54 AM by SeekAndFind (What is the difference between Obama and government bonds? Government bonds will mature someday)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Commies Muzzies everywhere! :freep:

quote:

I wonder how far into our government Muslims have already infiltrated.

22 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:32:18 AM by DungeonMaster (The federal government retards me.)

quote:

Here’s the problem: They can’t honestly take the oath of office to support the Constitution when they don’t support the Constitution. ALL MUSLIMS whether moderate or extreme seek to impose Sharia Law. That is what their religious/political doctrine mandates. They can’t take the oath... they can’t serve. Period.

34 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:36:59 AM by pgyanke (Republicans get in trouble when not living up to their principles. Democrats... when they do.)

quote:

To: madison10

Even though I’m with Trump and Carson technically Ted is right.

39 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:37:52 AM by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

it is unconstitutional to deny some one the right to run because of there religion. With voting there is a responsibility and that responsibility is to decide your own personnel criteria of who should be president. I would never vote for a practicing Muslim because that religion is EVIL in its doctrine. But I believe that if you use the religion as a legal qualifier we loose a lot of the freedom we are trying to protect.

41 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:38:42 AM by PCPOET7

TAQQIYA!

quote:

To: Mr. K

“How are they going to take the oath of office?”

Taqqiya.

49 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:43:05 AM by Jewbacca (The residents of Iroquois territory may not determine whether Jews may live in Jerusalem)

quote:

Then amend the Constitution and put in an exception prohibiting any Mohammedan from holding public office.

60 posted on 9/21/2015, 7:48:58 AM by Diamond (He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people,)

quote:

To: pgyanke

You are assuming that they are honest Muslims. They’re not. There are Muslim invaders in Europe now claiming to convert to Christianity so that they won’t be declined refugee status.

89 posted on 9/21/2015, 8:20:05 AM by Rusty0604
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

Yes, America was founded as a last bastion against the Worldwide Caliphate. :shepicide:

quote:

To: DiogenesLamp

>> “It is doubtful that Islam was even contemplated within this framework.” <<

Do you have any idea how much of the world was under total Moslem tyranny when this country was founded?

95 posted on 9/21/2015, 8:26:34 AM by editor-surveyor (Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

WE already HAVE A muzzzie IN THE wh...
HOW’S IT WORKIN OUT FOR you....
and as an added bonus he is a TRAITOR...

CAN YOU IMAGINE harry truman.... lets give half our atomic bombs to japan because they say they want them for peaceful purposes...and look spies gave the secrets to russia and that turned out well didnt it..??whe the people you are giving it to say they want to kill you...and mean it..??

HOW DOES A NUCLEAR WEAPON FIT INTO PEACE...

102 posted on 9/21/2015, 8:43:08 AM by zzwhale

quote:

When the wording is crystal clear, there is no need to go to original intent. Islam, Judaism and dozens of other religions existed at that time it was written.

You sound like a Liberal Activist judge who reads the Constitution the way he would like it to read rather than how it read.

I am sure the founders would not want a Muslim president, but they left that responsibility up to us and we fulfill it by not voting for the goat banging savages.

116 posted on 9/21/2015, 9:15:46 AM by Above My Pay Grade (Donald Trump: New York City Liberal)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 105 | View Replies]

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Jurgan posted:

This kid must be as pure as the driven snow because they haven't even found a rumour of him even doing the slightest thing wrong. I have strong suspicion that he is a complete dork. No doubt the right-wing press are frantically digging for a photo of a kid that looks vaguely like him doing "gang signs" or something. I suspect the worst they are going to find is 10,000 hours logged in Minecraft.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

IceAgeComing posted:

I searched "David Cameron" and the most recent thing was about Syrian refugees and not about him loving a pig.
"Politicians are pigfuckers" is kind of old news.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

quote:

Do you have any idea how much of the world was under total Moslem tyranny when this country was founded?

…not all that much? :shrug:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

quote:

quote:

>> “It is doubtful that Islam was even contemplated within this framework.” <<

95 posted on 9/21/2015, 8:26:34 AM by editor-surveyor (Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

What is the British Empire, Alex?

quote:

quote:

WE already HAVE A muzzzie IN THE wh...
HOW’S IT WORKIN OUT FOR you....
and as an added bonus he is a TRAITOR...

CAN YOU IMAGINE harry truman.... lets give half our atomic bombs to japan because they say they want them for peaceful purposes...and look spies gave the secrets to russia and that turned out well didnt it..??whe the people you are giving it to say they want to kill you...and mean it..??

The U.S. cannot take the moral high ground on peace until we disarm our nukes. A good post.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Settle a bet...weird question (Vanity)

quote:

Posted on 9/21/2015, 9:38:57 AM by DouglasKC

Okay this IS a weird question but one I've never seen addressed...well...anywhere.

My wife was amazed when I told her that nobody ever uses the little "flap" on the front of men's underwear to access their...ummm...urine expulsion device. I said probably all men do as I do, simply pull down the hem of their underwear and pull it below their UED.

So settle a bet...how do you pee? Do you use the little flap or do you pull down the top?

quote:

To: DouglasKC
Then just ask former democrat gov of New Jersey, Jim "truckstop men's room" McGreevey? He ought to have a pretty good idea how various men take it out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

McGreevey Had Gay Truckstop Sex While Maintaining Heterosexual Cover

James Joyner
Monday, May 22, 2006

Former New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey reveals his life of seedy debauchery before press revelations of an affair with a male aide forced him into coming out of the closet.

Jim McGreevey shockingly admits that before he became governor of New Jersey, he’d have anonymous gay sex at Garden State highway rest stops. “All I knew was that my behavior was getting crazier and crazier,” McGreevey says of his torrid truck-stop trysts in an upcoming book that details his tortured life of lies and sexual repression:

“With each new encounter, I was getting nearer and nearer to being caught – which surely would have generated headlines, especially after I became executive director of the state parole board” in the mid-1980s. “The closet starves a man, and when he gets a chance he gorges till it sickens him,” he writes in his book, titled “The Confession.”

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/mcgreevey_had_gay_truckstop_sex_while_maintaining_hetero_lie/

...in other words, "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!". Lol!

40 posted on 9/21/2015, 9:50:27 AM by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

DeusExMachinima posted:

What is the British Empire, Alex?
Not all that big at the time of the founding of the US, and still spending most of its time squabbling over India and the Caribbean with the other European powers.

The US was very quick to take advantage of having no state religion (unlike the British possessions) which allowed it to make deals with both the Christian and Muslim nations, so Islam was definitely considered, just not in the way that Freep cares about.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Who pulls down their boxers all the way down to pee? Does this guy completely unbutton his pants, undo his belt, and slide them down to use a urinal?

Somehow this is the most baffling thing I have ever heard from Freep.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

"Islam and America are incompatible with each other"
- the guys whose first alliance was with Morocco and signed the Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United "not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion [and] has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Mussulmen" States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli of Barbary
- a freeper

:freep:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

BarbarianElephant posted:

This kid must be as pure as the driven snow because they haven't even found a rumour of him even doing the slightest thing wrong. I have strong suspicion that he is a complete dork. No doubt the right-wing press are frantically digging for a photo of a kid that looks vaguely like him doing "gang signs" or something. I suspect the worst they are going to find is 10,000 hours logged in Minecraft.

I'm waiting for a picture of him in Jedi robes for halloween to surface and Fox News to say it was from an extremist mosque :v:

Ursa Majora
Dec 24, 2006

Ohhhh... you touched my Tra La La

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Who pulls down their boxers all the way down to pee? Does this guy completely unbutton his pants, undo his belt, and slide them down to use a urinal?

I'm more amused by the sheer volume of repression expressed in that post. He's using the single most akward euphemism for his dick I've ever heard, while posting anonymously on the internet.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Mister Bates posted:

See also: every other 'scandal' the American right has come up with for the past 8 years. The GOP has a few rules it adheres to absolutely and never breaks under any circumstances, and one of those rules is that you never admit you are wrong about anything. Admitting a mistake is a show of weakness. You always double down - and then you double down on the doubling down, and you keep doubling down for as long as you need to. Eventually the next big story will come around, and you can move on to talking about that instead, while the first scandal fades out of the public consciousness without you ever conceding it to the enemy.

It's not just that they can't admit that they are wrong, but also Freep and the rest of the right-wing rage-o-sphere cannot seem to let a SINGLE news story pass without trying to spin it into points for their team. Like, is there ever a news story that comes up where they're like, "nothing you can say about this one that makes us look good or the democrats look bad, lets just ignore this one"?

It reminds me of the thing a month or so ago when Target announced they weren't going to have gender-specific aisles for their toys anymore. When you think about it, it's such a complete, total nothing of an issue yet people went loving ballistic over it.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Ursa Majora posted:

I'm more amused by the sheer volume of repression expressed in that post. He's using the single most akward euphemism for his dick I've ever heard, while posting anonymously on the internet.

Of course, their reservations don't stop them from unironically demanding the nuclear holocaust of the Middle East

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Samovar posted:

Any reports from Freep on the fact that the Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is purpotrated to have literally, not figuratively, hosed a pigs head?

I'd wager money at least some of the responses will be to congratulate him on becoming indestructible to Muslim assault. The rest will probably be complaining that he's a Muslim homonazi because he hasn't set up soldiers with flame throwers to deal with the terrorist insurgents aka refugees, and this is a cover for taqiya

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I found this thread about pigfucking: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3339391/posts

Nothing interesting as of yet, just a few people saying "well it wouldn't be weird if he was a liberal :colbert:"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I wouldn't think a kid dreaming of NASA and working on electronics would be some little poo poo out posing and vandalizing. I mean is it really that amazing that some kids aren't little punk wanna be shitheads?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Conservatives don't seem like the boxer type to be honest. I'm willing to bet everyone on Freep rolls in tighty whities.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I haven't been following the thread long enough or close enough to know - what's the forecast for Freep regarding Walker's pending bow out of the race?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Tony Phillips posted:

I haven't been following the thread long enough or close enough to know - what's the forecast for Freep regarding Walker's pending bow out of the race?

Nothing much. Most of his natural supporters on FR are either on the Trump Train or the Cruz Ship, so he didn't have much energy going there. Most of them are just hoping that he doubles-down on making Wisconsin an unlivable hellhole now that he's out.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

Freeper "Cincinnatus' Wife", a big Walker fan, was already having fits and getting into food fights with other Freepers over Walker's poor performance and Trump Trumping all over everyone. I'll bet she's having a stroke right now. I'm headed over there to check it out! :allears:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

This one, from a 1999 vintage freeper, caught my eye. Lots of threads and posts on this subject, few with anything good to say about Scotty Walker.

quote:

I don't think Walker is a conservative. I think he is a demagogue who latched onto the public union issue and used to rouse public anger.

His method of departure shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who has researched his political career. He has been a political low life even as far back as college and has historically surrounded himself with unprincipled hacks willing to do his dirty work so he doesn't get any "stuff" on himself.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
73 posted on 9/21/2015, 6:13:14 PM by gov_bean_ counter (Beware the Wisconsin Weasel - GOPe Plan B)

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

SocketWrench posted:

I wouldn't think a kid dreaming of NASA and working on electronics would be some little poo poo out posing and vandalizing. I mean is it really that amazing that some kids aren't little punk wanna be shitheads?

Bigots can usually make any person of color look like the head of the Crips by a mix of lies and insinuations. This kid is too nerdy for that :)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Zwabu posted:

This one, from a 1999 vintage freeper, caught my eye. Lots of threads and posts on this subject, few with anything good to say about Scotty Walker.

quote:

I don't think Walker is a conservative. I think he is a demagogue who latched onto the public union issue and used to rouse public anger.

His method of departure shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who has researched his political career. He has been a political low life even as far back as college and has historically surrounded himself with unprincipled hacks willing to do his dirty work so he doesn't get any "stuff" on himself.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
73 posted on 9/21/2015, 6:13:14 PM by gov_bean_ counter (Beware the Wisconsin Weasel - GOPe Plan B)

Wait, is he talking about Scott Walker or Ronald Reagan here?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Bigots can usually make any person of color look like the head of the Crips by a mix of lies and insinuations. This kid is too nerdy for that :)

A while back, The Daily Show had a bit where argued that a white person can look nonthreatening in a hoodie, while a black person can wear a suit and tie and look like Malcolm X.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

quote:

Go buy some rogaine Scott. I got tired of looking at that bologna slice every time you talked

138 posted on 9/21/2015, 6:39:51 PM by MARKUSPRIME

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

He clearly was asking whether people use the fly on their underwear or whether they just pull their underwear down slightly instead. This is not the most baffling thing you've ever heard from Freep, I promise.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Kro-Bar posted:

He clearly was asking whether people use the fly on their underwear or whether they just pull their underwear down slightly instead. This is not the most baffling thing you've ever heard from Freep, I promise.

If you don't pull your pants off and sit in the urinal, I don't know what to tell you.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

quote:

[snip]

Metal Gear??

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

I found this thread about pigfucking: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3339391/posts

Nothing interesting as of yet, just a few people saying "well it wouldn't be weird if he was a liberal :colbert:"

quote:

To: BenLurkin
Only for liberals, though.

Conservatives are held to standards that even angels couldn’t meet.

3 posted on 9/21/2015, 10:10:50 PM by Arm_Bears (Biology is biology. Everything else is imagination.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Feels good man

• Locked thread