Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

this is r*tarded and makes me actually mad luckily newspapers are a dying format and the only people reading them already believe untenably that everything wrong in their life can be attributed to Jay Cutler's quarterbacking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fenrir posted:

Ah, you're not THAT young, then. I'll be 38 in march.

JFC I'd have guessed you were 17 or something.

Carolina could win 11 games but I still think that bad as we are we can put together a shootout for one game and potentially split games. Especially if we shake up the staff soon. Who knows now though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That Works posted:

JFC I'd have guessed you were 17 or something.

Carolina could win 11 games but I still think that bad as we are we can put together a shootout for one game and potentially split games. Especially if we shake up the staff soon. Who knows now though.

The problem with NO is there's just not a lot of talent on defense, and the offense isn't capable of making up for it anymore. That's hard to scheme around.

Elliot2lazy
Jun 9, 2015

by Cowcaster
Apparently Seattle is just understanding the rule about pass interference. maybe their defense isn't as good when you don't get all the no calls...

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm a man

I'm 40

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

The problem with NO is there's just not a lot of talent on defense, and the offense isn't capable of making up for it anymore. That's hard to scheme around.

I agree.

Just thinking if the O manages to come out swinging we can still scrape out a few wins but I'm not even hopeful for 8-8 anymore.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Brannock posted:

A lot of fans in the GDT thread were calling for Capers' job (again) but from what I was watching tonight I think Capers did an absolutely brilliant job of playcalling tonight. The defensive line and linebackers did a nearly flawless job of containing Marshawn Lynch, and took away the deep pass from Wilson for most of the game. Yeah, Russell Wilson was basically untackleable in the third quarter, but this has been a historic issue with the Packers -- they just can't handle mobile quarterbacks. This is a problem going way, way back, remember the '02 playoff loss to Michael Vick?
Agreed. The problem tonight wasn't Capers at all, it was the Seahawks being Pretty Doggone Good. Real happy with what the D did to Marshawn all night.

Also, and more importantly,

Notable Dom X posted:

go browns bitch until the heat death of the universe

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

indigi posted:

This is a totally fair point. I was definitely focusing a lot on Maxwell and the secondary. Watching Weeden go 7/7 with 10 YPA and a TD probably colored my perception of the whole squad.

Maxwell is quickly becoming Namdi 2.0

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

GNU Order posted:

this is r*tarded and makes me actually mad luckily newspapers are a dying format and the only people reading them already believe untenably that everything wrong in their life can be attributed to Jay Cutler's quarterbacking

He is only the cause of my gambling and drinking problems, but those problems ruin the rest of my life.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Weeden not even warming up was great

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Everyone should be rooting for the Jags and the Bort.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
I really don't know what to think about the 2015 Ravens.
The offense didn't look too bad against the Raiders, and it seems like Crockett Gillmore is a raw gem. However, what the gently caress was wrong with the defense? No pressure whatsoever on Carr, the secondary was somehow worse than the one that had 3rd stringers and people off the street starting last year.
Last week vs the Broncos was the complete opposite.

I have the feeling that this is going to be a 6-10 or 7-9 season, and the Ravens are going to miss the playoffs altogether.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

haljordan posted:

149 passer rating great

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tabloid headline writers read TFF.

Also, Suh was apparently freelancing and ignoring the defensive playcalls. lol

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/21/miami-dolphins-ndamukong-suh-ignored-coach-jaguars

quote:

Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh disregarded play calls from defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle in the team’s loss to the Jaguars on Sunday, reports the Miami Herald.

By “freelancing” at times, Suh created confusion on the Dolphins defensive line, the Herald reports.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Lol Haynesworth did the same poo poo his first year in DC. Oh and Suh was apparently gassed last week, just like Mr. Conditioning Test.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
What a player that is constantly in trouble on and off the field gets a huge contract and quits working hard? Who would have thunk it.

Elliot2lazy
Jun 9, 2015

by Cowcaster
Cam Newton is way way overrated. I'm not saying mallett was great, but for being a 2nd string off the bench he was doing pretty good against a supposed good carolina D.
I tried to watch that game, man Cam Newton can't throw a ball more than 10 yrds accurately to save his life. He's better doing QB option plays. I saw him try to throw the ball 10 times and 2 of those times it was catchable. That drive only scored in points from phantom defensive penalties, then you got Newton doing a panther dance in the endzone after he just stunk it all up to get down there. Ya i really want my franchise qb doing a flip to get in the endzone and getting hit and tackled in his back with a helmet...smart.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Thanks I'm gonna hang up and listen

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

Everyone should be rooting for the Jags and the Bort.

Disagree

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Our defensive scheme is total trash. It's just really sad.

We even have Greg Jennings dropping passes now. Good lord.

And Suh got a 58 million dollar extension prior to this deal. Suh wasn't the only dolphin gassed last weekend, literally our entire d-line did nothing but beg for oxygen. But please whatever may fit the narrative

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Elliot2lazy posted:

Cam Newton is way way overrated. I'm not saying mallett was great, but for being a 2nd string off the bench he was doing pretty good against a supposed good carolina D.
I tried to watch that game, man Cam Newton can't throw a ball more than 10 yrds accurately to save his life. He's better doing QB option plays. I saw him try to throw the ball 10 times and 2 of those times it was catchable. That drive only scored in points from phantom defensive penalties, then you got Newton doing a panther dance in the endzone after he just stunk it all up to get down there. Ya i really want my franchise qb doing a flip to get in the endzone and getting hit and tackled in his back with a helmet...smart.

Actually it's loving cool that he did a flip

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

GaussianCopula posted:

So how is that "sign big, flashy free agents" strategy working out for the Dolphins?

At some point you've got to be accountable for your gullibility. If anyone thought the Dolphins' off-season represented improvement, the question needs to be asked: Why? Stephen Ross did not sell the team. The front office wasn't swept away. Joe Philbin was not fired. He and most of his assistants were returning for their fourth season. Why would anyone harbor the illusion that things would change? It's clear by the third year of a coach's tenure whether or not he's going to turn it around, it's often apparent by the second season. You see progression in various aspects of the team's preparation, efficiency, discipline, talent and ultimately the results. We've seen none of that year to year with the Dolphins. They're a team with middling talent getting middling results with the same inefficiencies and seeming lack of preparation we witnessed in years 1, 2 and 3. We lost to the Jags and nearly lost to the Redskins, 2 of the worst teams in the NFL and it was simply inexcusable.

But perhaps you were fooled by Suh's free agent signing? At this point it's almost like bashing one's head against a wall in an insane asylum explaining to some of you that big ticket free agency doesn't work. It's always the same thing, a vocal clique of fans advocating the big, splashy free agent signings, like we've been doing since the advent of UFA in the early nineties, then convincing themselves that free agent X is going to put the team over the top, or at least put the offense or defense over the top. It never happens. The best teams don't do what the Dolphins do and its been shown empirically, like trading up in the draft, to be a loser's gambit. It doesn't work and if you know this, then you really had no reason to buy into what the Dolphins did, not because the Dolphins did it, but rather because it's a formula for failure that the best organizations avoid. The best organizations over the long haul: Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Colts and even the shorter haul like the Seahawks, lose a lot of good players to free agency, but seldom use free agency for anything but filling out the roster. The Dolphins are perpetually using free agency to compensate for terrible drafting or to make marketing splashes to low information fans attracted to recognizable names. The best organizations are built through the draft, using free agency only when the player represents extreme value or to fill out the roster, but this approach still requires elite coaching and front office management, something this organization hasn't had since the seventies.

Elliot2lazy
Jun 9, 2015

by Cowcaster

TubeStank posted:

Actually it's loving cool that he did a flip

He's really asking to get injured though.

But if he did, I would be happy.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Joe Philbin went to a Chinese buffet and he 8-8

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Elliot2lazy posted:

Due to the continued drought in parts of California, these hot takes will not be available in the western seaboard

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chilihead posted:

The best organizations over the long haul: Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Colts and even the shorter haul like the Seahawks,

Using the advanced technique of lucking into 2 generational qb

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Metapod posted:

Using the advanced technique of lucking into 2 generational qb

Why didn't you bold the Packers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parlett316 posted:

Why didn't you bold the Packers

Because they actually have a good front office

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

haljordan posted:

Most backups look really nervous and jittery. Weeden was like "fuckit I guess I have to go in now."

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Metapod posted:

Because they actually have a good front office

Hall of Fame quarterbacks can help mask a FO, see the Colts throughout Manning's reign.

Oh hey an apology for the Redskins O line

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/09/21/maybe-we-all-owe-an-apology-to-the-redskins-offensive-line-ill-start/

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

At first I felt bad because this was the first year I wouldn't be able to watch Saints games live. But now I come home and torture myself by watching the Saints embarrass themselves.

They're really bad and the team is a mess. Not much else to do but hope Payton can stitch things together out of this dysfunctional roster. I don't think that loving center is helping much, either, but maybe I'm just too bitter/too attached to Jimmy. The ex post facto of it all is a bit vindicating, atleast. Both teams in the deal are a torrid mess but the Seahawks obviously look better, relatively speaking, even with the same record.

Anyhow paper bags or something.

I don't remember much pressure coming up the middle. Strief was routinely beaten like a drum, though. Lelito looked bad, too.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Elliot2lazy posted:

Are there any analysts who ever even have Cam in their top 10 QBs? I think most are well aware of his flaws, and him having to throw to dudes (aside from Greg Olsen, obviously) who apparently have 10 broken fingers doesn't help.

And also, Mike Shula.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Elliot2lazy posted:

On the other hand he did a flip, which is really cool.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Elliot2lazy posted:

Shut up

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I wonder what Bills fans will think the next time Rex opens up his stupid mouth about how great his team is. It gets old SUPER quick when you're getting blown off the field. I loved his classic post asskicking press conf too. Same old Rex.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

guys cam got hit while diving. He didn't just decide to johnny rico that poo poo into the end zone.

Also like I've said Cam was getting hit as he threw all day yesterday. Additionally, he was clearly not on the same page of a lot of his receivers, which is understandable considering who they are.

the worst yesterday was a 3rd and manageable late in the 2nd quarter in their own territory, when instead of just running out the clock they took a shot deep. It was a perfect play and Cam threw a perfect ball, except ted ginn didn't seem to think he'd be targeted on the play and lolly gagged his route.

who are the big free agent WRs next year because if the Panthers don't sign one, or draft a first rounder, I'm going to make a lot of angry posts on the internet about it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Lol guys I don't think Cam is great either but if you can't get behind doing flips into the endzone and coming up smiling as being incredibly cool then you might be a broken fan of football.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

pasaluki posted:

Most backups look really nervous and jittery. Weeden was like "fuckit I guess I have to go in now."

It was almost as if someone on the sidelines told him "Hey Weeden, start warming up you're going in soon" and he thought they were pulling a prank on him.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

That Works posted:

Lol guys I don't think Cam is great either but if you can't get behind doing flips into the endzone and coming up smiling as being incredibly cool then you might be a broken fan of football.

Yeah, that means you're older and whiter than I am, which shouldn't even be a thing. :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rexrexrexrexrex

quote:

Just about anyone would say that Lewis played a big role in the Patriots’ 40-32 win. Yet after the game, Ryan was asked about his Dion Lewis comment, and the coach was not happy to hear the question.

“Oh, that’s the reason we lost,” the perturbed coach said sarcastically. “Go ahead, I still don’t know his name. Next time run the ball. Next.”

• Locked thread