Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Grundulum posted:

Gem Blossums is full, unfortunately. Maybe there are inactive players who could be kicked, but I don't have that authority.

I just booted a couple players that haven't logged in for nearly two weeks. Everyone else seems active.

Anyone in Gem Blossums want to take over as guild leader? I'm still playing but haven't been as active lately, I'd rather pass it off to someone who is more involved with this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

The Pell posted:

I think defense or invade only.

Holy poo poo. If this is the case, Gem Boiz please don't kick me out. I burn through all my Invades on Monday and that's it.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Challenges definitely count. I am pretty sure the only thing that doesn't count is treasure hunting.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Besides, some degree of weekly gold contribution is probably a better indication of activity than that last battle timestamp.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

The Crooked Warden posted:

Besides, some degree of weekly gold contribution is probably a better indication of activity than that last battle timestamp.

Thats not even a good indicator, I've given 15k or so this week, but it shows zero. I added 1k to an event, it still shows zero. I'm going to try an invasion and see if that changes things.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
I'm pretty burned out on match3. Left Gem Boiz, so there should be a new slot open.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
What are people running as defense? I'm trying out:

Alastair
Drake Rider
Vampire Lord
Stone Giant

to see if I can get the AI to start working out some automatic gem conversion and extra turn 4 match combos.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Getting started and looking for guild invite:

Duskmoor

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Desdinova posted:

Getting started and looking for guild invite:

Duskmoor

Invite sent.

Gem Boys has several inactive players now and probably needs some housekeeping.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

FadedReality posted:

What are people running as defense? I'm trying out:

Alastair
Drake Rider
Vampire Lord
Stone Giant

to see if I can get the AI to start working out some automatic gem conversion and extra turn 4 match combos.

You actually want to lose when people invade you. The defend matches are awesome because they always cost 50 gold.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

Thank you. I will give you as much gold as a I can raise to play more Treasure mini-game.

Treasure game, best game.

Moatmonster
Jul 19, 2004

The Pell posted:

You actually want to lose when people invade you.

Why? I'm pretty sure that when you invade someone, you're playing you're own game against the ai which doesn't really affect the other player, other than queuing up a defense match for them that also doesn't really affect you. I know it says they stole like 30 gold or whatever, even true that's a trivial amount. What's a good defensive team? I rarely get wins from my offline teams, even though I tear it up on Invasions.

I really wish there was live pvp, it would change the entire way I make teams. I pretty much build for burst/targeted damage, and refilling quickly. Anything else is too slow. This is why I find exploders useful, they fill both rolls well.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
You want to lose when someone else invades you because if your AI defenders win, you cannot play a defense game. Defense games cost 50g but still have a substantial gold payout. They are more profitable than invading which costs half the potential payout. Defending yourself is worth more than the souls, little bit of gold, and one glory you get when the AI successfully defends.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I tank my defense for that reason so that anyone can beat me

Thoughts on new character and weapon?
Knee Jerk weapon is expensive and character seems underwhelming. Would need to see level 15 stats
Current team of orion, headmaster and Griffin knight seem to get it done

The knight I keep thinking of replacing work alchemist but not sure. Really I just feed orion and win
S still pissed don't have rocket Goblin

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

psivamp posted:

Thank you. I will give you as much gold as a I can raise to play more Treasure mini-game.

Treasure game, best game.

Somehow I have 20 maps stored up. Its very fun, but it doesn't count as activity so I do one a day.

Also the super cascades shake the game area so much it can actually make me sick. Dunno if its just me.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
My girlfriend came up for the idea of "Team Brown."

Team Brown is such a dick team.

Go get a rock worm (or two)
A drill borer
And an acolyte

Go make brown. Use brown to feed your rock worm, which hits for 7. And also makes more brown.

Edit: After using this today, team brown fuckin' owns.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 21, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Gem boys now has 8 open spots. Guess people are getting bored. As am I, or at least Diablo 3 is more fun.

I promoted and demoted a few people until the UI frustrated me. Will do more on Steam later.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I really don't get the invading thing at all. I started the day before yesterday and the daily gold goes into two invades which I both lose because the enemy has a full set of things that do 9 damage with every ability without losing a turn or something. Then I wait for the next day to have gold and the same repeats. Is there some way of actually seeing how insane the dude you're trying to play against is?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Each player has a badge on the invasion screen with the "Fight!" button. If you wait a bit, the numbers rotate. First number is pvp rank, 15 -> 1. Second number is the level of their hero.

You are better off doing Arena as a new player. The fights are more even since players draft three level 10 cards. All of the rewards are extremely useful to a new player. Gold to unlock more kingdoms to generate more gold. Keys to get more troop cards. Souls to level up your troops. Experience to level up your hero and unlock new weapons through masteries. It is pretty easy to win all 8 games as a new player if you follow the draft picking guide in the second post.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
How do you even set your defense team?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Your home kingdom has a "Defenders" menu.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Thanks. Just got the arena unlocked so I'll try that out. Also I'd like an invite to the guild if there are free spots. Code: SPACE TRACTOR

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Nurge posted:

Thanks. Just got the arena unlocked so I'll try that out. Also I'd like an invite to the guild if there are free spots. Code: SPACE TRACTOR

invite sent.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Nurge posted:

Joining a guild and just getting the daily gold will help out a lot; after 7 days, you'll get 500 gold daily, and being in a guild will add up to 100% of that.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Bandire posted:

Invite sent.

Gem Boys has several inactive players now and probably needs some housekeeping.

I've donated daily and got kicked out so an invite for ANTTI would be appreciated.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Antti posted:

I've donated daily and got kicked out so an invite for ANTTI would be appreciated.

I just sent you an invite.

The problem is any gold that you donate does not show up in the guild roster list until you do a non-treasure map fight. I've tested it some the last couple days, and I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. If you just log in and donate, your last logon time won't change and the donated gold still shows at zero until you fight a match.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Haha, your idle time shows up as last BATTLE instead of last activity/logon? No wonder people think I've deserted.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Bandire posted:

I just sent you an invite.

The problem is any gold that you donate does not show up in the guild roster list until you do a non-treasure map fight. I've tested it some the last couple days, and I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. If you just log in and donate, your last logon time won't change and the donated gold still shows at zero until you fight a match.

I'm not seeing it but maybe it's still worming its way through the system.

Also good to know, I hadn't done anything in a while besides logging in and doing the occasional treasure map and pouring my regular gold income into quests. Just gotta take care not to forget to do that once in a while.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Anyone else just have their consecutive login bonus get reset? I just noticed my login bonus never showed up today so I restarted the app and now I got the first day login bonus. :saddowns:

I want my gold.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Jibo posted:

Anyone else just have their consecutive login bonus get reset? I just noticed my login bonus never showed up today so I restarted the app and now I got the first day login bonus. :saddowns:

I want my gold.

Can't check my kingdom for a few hours, but checked the gems forum. Doesn't look like a bug, or nobody has reported it yet.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I think that's a problem with playing on a mobile device. It stays logged in if you don't fully kill the app, and so will sometimes not see that a day has passed or something. I've noticed it in a couple other games.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Antti posted:

I'm not seeing it but maybe it's still worming its way through the system.

Also good to know, I hadn't done anything in a while besides logging in and doing the occasional treasure map and pouring my regular gold income into quests. Just gotta take care not to forget to do that once in a while.

I invited you again. I also sent an invite to "Antti " with a space on the end. Both exist, so who knows.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
When do you guys stop leveling troops for your home Kingdom? I'm at level 5 with all challenges completed, maxed, not sure how many more arena souls I should dump on people I'll never use

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Bandire posted:

I invited you again. I also sent an invite to "Antti " with a space on the end. Both exist, so who knows.

Got it now, thank you!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Tiny Chalupa posted:

When do you guys stop leveling troops for your home Kingdom? I'm at level 5 with all challenges completed, maxed, not sure how many more arena souls I should dump on people I'll never use

I got mine to rank Four to get the +1 life. Then I started working on getting all other kingdoms to rank Four because Kingdom bonuses apply on invasions too. It's a ridiculous slog though.

Antti posted:

Got it now, thank you!

Sure thing. FYI your invite code does have a space on the end.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from my experience a good tip for new players is to make sure you put a meat shield like your hero in spot 1 and have some other dudes who do direct damage. The AI priority goes:

matches above 3 > skulls > abilities > 3 matches

If you want to keep a color whose mana you want next, let the AI match some skulls and they'll chose that over your mana.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Yeah sorry if you got kicked and are still active. Its nothing personal, I'm limited by the tools they provide me. If last login in is a fortnight and gold donated is at 0 for the week, then I kick. From now on I will check the activity log to confirm the inactive members are truly inactive.

But if you are only logging in to donate gold, perhaps your spot could be filled by someone who is really playing the game?

That being said, my activity has slumped. The past two weeks I didn't hit rank one, and lost my long streak of daily login bonus gold. Diablo 3 is more fun!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

FadedReality posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from my experience a good tip for new players is to make sure you put a meat shield like your hero in spot 1 and have some other dudes who do direct damage. The AI priority goes:

matches above 3 > skulls > abilities > 3 matches

If you want to keep a color whose mana you want next, let the AI match some skulls and they'll chose that over your mana.

The ai will always chose a 3 skull match, even above using an ability, even if the ability gives them an extra move.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Davethulhu posted:

The ai will always chose a 3 skull match, even above using an ability, even if the ability gives them an extra move.

This is very useful, and may be a way to stall the enemy using an ability, especially when their top guy's attack damage sucks. This is a VERY useful tactic for one of the boss fights where the top guy on the other side is one of those shield gate things that does 0 damage, so you leave it alone for as long as possible while you try to take out everybody else with abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

With the weapon this week you can drain an enemy's attack to 0(-2 per attack). You can abuse the hell out of the AI with that and a lot of luck.