Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

where were you when you found out david cameron hosed a dead pig

I saw one of my friends post "just look at the Daily Mail front cover" on Facebook, tracked it down and started cackling. Was just about to leave the house when I ran into one of my housemates, who seemed to be enjoying today like it was a typical Monday:

:coolspot: "Have you seen the Internet yet?"
:smith: "No. What on the Internet?"
:coolspot: "Anywhere. Anywhere on the Internet."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm quite fond of #prosciuttoaffair

Classy and a callback to Tory sleaze of yesteryear.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
e: nvm

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Bah, I did it first, if only I had any actual followers on Twitter:

But who cares: DAVID CAMERON hosed A DEAD PIG!

Would have gone with 'stroking pork' personally.

A beautiful day to be alive though.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Greetings UK Goons. I've heard rumors that British Prime Minister David Cameron hosed a dead pig. Can you confirm/deny?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Shame that's a Photoshop.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

considering the evisceration job she did on Corbyn last week, this actually makes some salient points about all of this: the revelations not including the pig are far, far, FAR worse for Dave, but it's the pig that will destroy him, if he's not done for already

Like the quiz at the end there

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay, so I just realized that this wasn't just some meme that was sweeping the threads, and that this actually happened in the real universe.

There's no point in writing fiction anymore. Reality has completely outclassed fantasy in every way.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Prediction time: this will not damage Cameron significantly

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

This is the sort of thing you only get to see in satire.

Bernie is leading, Corbyn is shadow PM, everyone hates austerity, and David Cameron hosed a Dead Pig. I can't believe we still have 3 months of 2015 left.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

fleet street fox posted:

There are worse things to be accused of then placing your pickle in a pig’s oral portal.

Are there though, I mean, really?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Tesseraction posted:

Je suis never had relationships sexual avec that jambon.

Ah, non, c'est "cochon":

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zephro posted:

its all the other stuff in the book that is really damaging but the pigfucking is the thing everyone will remember

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

peanut- posted:

Rugby fans are the sort of people that would see this as normal student behaviour.

In a hypothetical England-Wales match, English fans unfurl a giant #baeofpigs banner, with the subtitle "Don't worry Wales says it's ok"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

considering the evisceration job she did on Corbyn last week, this actually makes some salient points about all of this: the revelations not including the pig are far, far, FAR worse for Dave, but it's the pig that will destroy him, if he's not done for already

The Mirror posted:

The first involves a close relative of Cameron's whose life was once threatened by serious drug addiction. The problem was so personal to the young MP that he campaigned hard for major reforms.

He became patron of a drug rehab charity. He argued for safe injecting rooms for heroin users. He called for “radical options” on the wholesale decriminalisation of cannabis.

At one point Cameron abandoned the party line and made a “virtuoso” and heartfelt speech about ending the war on drugs entirely.

He truly and deeply cared. Then, as Prime Minister, he didn’t.

Despite five years of Lib Dem support when drug reform would have been easiest, he didn’t do any.

Now with a Parliamentary majority, it’s further off his agenda than helping hungry wolves with asthma.
This is hardly unique to Cameron, unfortunately. Drug policy and anti-prohibitionist organizations are full of 'ex-President' and 'former Chief of Police' and 'retired MP' spokespersons, and very light on serving ones. Likewise there are plenty of people who take the 'radical' anti-prohibition line until they get into a position of power. Why is that?

It's possibly the same as the argument that so many Home Secretaries become authoritarian borderline fascists, because they gain access to secret information about how many monsters there really are in the abyss. But if that were the case there wouldn't be so many speaking out against the whole mess the minute that they retire. So it must be something else? Threats to reveal dirt about prior drug use? Those are all out in the open for many leaders, and the public don't seem to care. The easiest explanation I can think of is that somewhere in the political machine makes way too much money from the War on Drugs, or that some of the organized criminal operations have their tendrils deep inside the apparatus of national security, neither of which are comforting.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Zephro posted:

What is there to damage? He's not facing another election.

The oinks will follow him around forever though.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Zephro posted:

There was a column in the FT last week saying that Cameron could turn up to Parliament in full Bullingdon Club tails to announce the sale of Great Ormond Street to a consortium led by ExxonMobil and still beat Jeremy Corbyn in an election.

I'm wondering if this whole thing is a bet to show how far along those lines they can actually get away with going.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

chrisoya posted:

Cameron dives out the window.

Now c'est is what j'appelle une Brexit

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Please tell me some of Britain's renowned political cartoonists have addressed the pressing issue of "has David Cameron hosed a pig?"

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
:mrapig: Big man, pig man, ha ha charade you are.
You well heeled big wheel, ha ha charade you are. :mrapig:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Hey, remember how Miliband was going to be a disaster as Prime Minister because he'd owe his position to the unions? I'm so glad we got a PM who's in hock to a power-hungry tax-dodger with a taste for petty vengeance instead.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

glitchkrieg posted:

Shame that's a Photoshop.

I want to believe.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is David Cameron, king of kings,
Look upon my porks, ye paupers, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal prick, sauceless and bare,
The cooked and salted hams stretch far away.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
At least unlike Tony he won't be loving off to play peacemaker in the Middle East.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

School Nickname posted:

In a hypothetical England-Wales match, English fans unfurl a giant #baeofpigs banner, with the subtitle "Don't worry Wales says it's ok"

There is a non-hypothetical england wales match on saturday

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Party Boat posted:

Hey, remember how Miliband was going to be a disaster as Prime Minister because he'd owe his position to the unions? I'm so glad we got a PM who's in hock to a power-hungry tax-dodger with a taste for petty vengeance instead.

I thought Cameron was in ham hocks.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

School Nickname posted:

It's not hypothetical, it's Saturday.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Autonomous Monster posted:

Ah, non, c'est "cochon":

"Ancien riche donateur."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dead Goon posted:

Are there though, I mean, really?

Let me tell you about a magical place called Elm Guest House...

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Please don't assume that Wales are pigfuckers, we have higher standards. We go for sheep, we're not animals.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Guavanaut posted:

It's possibly the same as the argument that so many Home Secretaries become authoritarian borderline fascists, because they gain access to secret information about how many monsters there really are in the abyss. But if that were the case there wouldn't be so many speaking out against the whole mess the minute that they retire. So it must be something else? Threats to reveal dirt about prior drug use? Those are all out in the open for many leaders, and the public don't seem to care. The easiest explanation I can think of is that somewhere in the political machine makes way too much money from the War on Drugs, or that some of the organized criminal operations have their tendrils deep inside the apparatus of national security, neither of which are comforting.

The other, much more likely possibility is that being tough on crime and locking up all the junkie scum plays really well with voters. Even people who've been drug users in the past often prefer to vote for the hard-line, lock-em-up, forever drug war bullshit once they have kids and 9-to-5 jobs and mortgages. Once you're a sitting politician there's not much you can do about that, the people demand hard justice. It's only once you're out you can admit it's all bullshit.

edit for content: David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Darth Walrus posted:

Well of course, but other than that really horrible thing, what else is there...

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
BBC history magazine did a spread today on Bestiality with a picture of a pig.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Murderion posted:

"Ancien riche donateur."

I don't know why, but as funny as this is it's infinitely funnier to me in French.

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!
lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fargo Fukes posted:

The other, much more likely possibility is that being tough on crime and locking up all the junkie scum plays really well with voters. Even people who've been drug users in the past often prefer to vote for the hard-line, lock-em-up, forever drug war bullshit once they have kids and 9-to-5 jobs and mortgages. Once you're a sitting politician there's not much you can do about that, the people demand hard justice. It's only once you're out you can admit it's all bullshit.
The train of thought where you can be 'tough on crime' by cooking up new crimes to be tough on, regardless of the scale of their real social effects, is completely alien to me. Like, if someone ran on a platform of "we will hang all non-aristocratic child molesters and use corporal punishment against shoplifters" I could see where they were coming from. I would completely disagree with their conclusion and would point to the negative results that such things bring, along with the moral lines in allowing the state to injure and kill people, but I could see why they might see it as tough on crime. The idea of saying "we will be tough on crime by adding a bunch more chemicals to this ever growing list that has never worked" doesn't tell me that they're going to be tough on any actual criminals.

Darth Walrus posted:

Wait a second, the Elm scandal only broke in 2012, during the time that Operation Yewtree was running. Yet the Met say "The aim is to choose names that are completely neutral so they will hopefully be totally unrelated to the case. This system dates back to the 1980s."
Tree coincidence? Yew decide :tinfoil:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Autonomous Monster posted:

Ah, non, c'est "cochon":

perfect

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/theqeld/status/645940991292145665

Animated reconstruction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Murderion posted:

"Ancien riche donateur."

Ancien there means 'previous', not 'old' :eng101: (same as in 'ancien regime')

• Locked thread