Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I need so many dark orbs. I have one right now and need them for Diza, AAnubis and mini ronia. Beez and D/R Batman are also possibilities. Then I need 2 for AYomi on NA. Then eventually I'll want a Zaerog8, but that will probably take me forever since I still haven't gotten a single Zaerog to drop. I've used all my stamina on Satan today and still no invades.

I was hoping to get at least 1 dark orb today so I don't have to decide between Diza and AAnubis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

c appears to be the lowest possible ranking on that list, but at the same time lol at putting anubis on any starter list

And I even wrote a parenthesis explaining what "ease of use" means on that list :suicide. "ease of finding subs" is part of "ease of use". Anyways...

"Player skill for this leader if of the utmost importance. It is not an exaggeration to say that, if you are able to master this guy, then other leaders are not necessary"

So yeah, it is a starter leader for hotshot players.

GoodBee posted:

I need so many dark orbs. I have one right now and need them for Diza, AAnubis and mini ronia. Beez and D/R Batman are also possibilities. Then I need 2 for AYomi on NA. Then eventually I'll want a Zaerog8, but that will probably take me forever since I still haven't gotten a single Zaerog to drop. I've used all my stamina on Satan today and still no invades.

I was hoping to get at least 1 dark orb today so I don't have to decide between Diza and AAnubis.

Regular Zaerog drops in Z8's place. You'll get like twenty if you are trying to skill up your Z8. And yeah, dark orbs are the most useful ones, don't waste them.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 21, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

3 ATK away from hyper aka I'm using that tamadra from tomorrow because i don't give a poo poo. Looking forward to 10 more pys that I won't bring myself to use for months if ever at all. What's everyone working on nowadays? I'm a few super metals from Z&H (for Kaliseum) and I'm planning to go hard on Z8 for Yomi. Helps that I have a hypermax Haku I can switch to Awoken for that team.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I've been working on getting my Karin fully plussed, considering whether or not to use Bubpiis to max skill or or submit myself to the torture of hoping for Karin invades on easy descends during events. I'm leaning towards the Bubpy method personally, though she would be competing with Awoken Isis and I know academically A. Isis is the better target for them.

After that I'm not sure if I want to refocus back on D. Kali as my next 297, or focus on A. Isis instead who is fantastic sub on any rainbow team, a great leader herself and would also contribute to my A. Karin team.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Beat Satan Descended without any stones :toot:

The power of LuBu-Beelz as a no rcv team I guess!

RadicalCadaver
Feb 15, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

3 ATK away from hyper aka I'm using that tamadra from tomorrow because i don't give a poo poo. Looking forward to 10 more pys that I won't bring myself to use for months if ever at all. What's everyone working on nowadays? I'm a few super metals from Z&H (for Kaliseum) and I'm planning to go hard on Z8 for Yomi. Helps that I have a hypermax Haku I can switch to Awoken for that team.

I like how in just under 2 months Haku has gone from feed status full circle back around to good again.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Boredom plus Gold Dragons means I spent the day and a few stamina stones leveling up Ilm, Apollo and Souther. Why? gently caress if I know.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

RadicalCadaver posted:

I like how in just under 2 months Haku has gone from feed status full circle back around to good again.

She has never been bad??

I'm still working on getting my A.Ra team fully plussed. Kali #2 is almost there. Isis is next.

Also the best place to get Zaerog is dragon rush since he comes evolved. Now is the perfect time to grab all the pirates from coin dungeons too if you don't wanna grab them from his dungeon (which you should farm for skillups anyway)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hit 200 days played (:toot:) and was pretty happy with the progress I've made thus far. This is a fun game (except for the lul before being able to clear KotG, that part really, really sucks) Here is an album with all of my progress so far. I haven't whaled too much, so the progress I've made in just 2/3rds of a year seems pretty cool to me.

Next on the to-do list is Awoken Minerva, Awoken Ceres, and my Nephtys team.

I usually have Bestcat, Sarasvati, or Horus up (Sara and Horus are slots 1/2 respectively) so if you wanna friend me my code is 312965319

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

trucutru posted:

And yeah, dark orbs are the most useful ones, don't waste them.

Bitching in the thread worked. I did one run of Satan, ranked up and did 3 more runs. I got 2 dark orbs. I'm considering stoning for stamina since Satan is so easy and it's unlikely I'll need to stone even with an invade. The invade was turn 1 once and even that wasn't a problem.

I decided to make a kind of janky skill bind Athena team with Apocalypse, ARa, Wukong and L/L Kirin. My LKali isn't max level yet so I went with Ra and Kirin for more HP and a little extra set damage on Satan. Wukong and Apocalypse make some hearts so I don't have to worry about taking damage. I think the two Athena do enough damage to kill everything not Satan or Haku themselves.

SaffronKit posted:

I've been working on getting my Karin fully plussed, considering whether or not to use Bubpiis to max skill or or submit myself to the torture of hoping for Karin invades on easy descends during events. I'm leaning towards the Bubpy method personally, though she would be competing with Awoken Isis and I know academically A. Isis is the better target for them.

After that I'm not sure if I want to refocus back on D. Kali as my next 297, or focus on A. Isis instead who is fantastic sub on any rainbow team, a great leader herself and would also contribute to my A. Karin team.

I used my 2 remaining piis on AKarin but I don't have an Isis. I had already used 2 on ANeptune, I think before AKarin was announced. My other blue pii target might have been AOrochi but I don't think skilling him up is as big a deal. Skilling up Karin means I might reasonably be able to use her twice in a dungeon. Orochi is probably only getting used once.

Isis does seem like the right call though.

I'm really lazy about farming +eggs. I guess it's because I don't feel like I really need them. I have good teams but it doesn't seem like they are epic enough to tackle the content that pretty much requires pluses. The pluses I have are mostly on Athena, the rest are scattered over random things I do use. I haven't made any +297, Athena is +276 and my second most plussed monster is Apollo at +40 and those were all from a really long time ago when I was running him as my farming leader. I figured he was a good investment at the time since he was the best Kirin sub and she was my best Decended leader. I think the 3 monsters I have gotten the most use out of are Apollo, Athena and AMinerva so I shouldn't really be upset I plussed Apollo or spent stones to get Zeus Vulcan or Athena mats.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Hoping for some descend advice. My absolute priority with my alt account (PH: https://www.padherder.com/user/TheQuietWilds_Alt/ ) is to tackle the descends needed for awoken mons, particularly Shiva, Kagu and Minerva. That means I need:

Zeus Vulcan
Hera-Ur
Wangren
DIza
Theurgia
Pheonix

Right now I have decent Verdani and Urd teams, but neither seems ideal to tackle most of these dungeons. If someone could look at my PADHerder linked above and recommend me what to work on with the goals of clearing these dungeons in mind. My current next thing that should happen is LKali evo/uevo/leveling (she will get my globe dragon as soon as I get a dub myth, already have the KoG). Currently thinking of trying to get a U&Y team off the ground (since just on a freak of luck he got a super on a globe dragon and max leveled himself after max skilling him for shits as I ran skill-ups for my BGronia) for ZV/Hera-Ur and using Verdani for Grimoires. Phoenix I'll form Skydragons I guess? Once I can do Shiva+Urd/Urd/Cao/Dragon Rider that should be enough to get DIza/Wangren for Kagu I figure. At that point I can run Shiva+Kagu/CaoCao/Urd/Urd which should just murder everything for a good little while.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

GoodBee posted:

I used my 2 remaining piis on AKarin but I don't have an Isis. I had already used 2 on ANeptune, I think before AKarin was announced. My other blue pii target might have been AOrochi but I don't think skilling him up is as big a deal. Skilling up Karin means I might reasonably be able to use her twice in a dungeon. Orochi is probably only getting used once.

Isis does seem like the right call though.

I'm really lazy about farming +eggs. I guess it's because I don't feel like I really need them. I have good teams but it doesn't seem like they are epic enough to tackle the content that pretty much requires pluses. The pluses I have are mostly on Athena, the rest are scattered over random things I do use. I haven't made any +297, Athena is +276 and my second most plussed monster is Apollo at +40 and those were all from a really long time ago when I was running him as my farming leader. I figured he was a good investment at the time since he was the best Kirin sub and she was my best Decended leader. I think the 3 monsters I have gotten the most use out of are Apollo, Athena and AMinerva so I shouldn't really be upset I plussed Apollo or spent stones to get Zeus Vulcan or Athena mats.

Having A. Isis's skill on a 3 turn cooldown sounds really drat nice, being able to pop that multiple times in a descended for bind clearing or taking a big hit sounds super nice. On the other hand hypermax monsters are really attractive for getting people to friend or BFF you, and by god Karin deserves it for all she's done for me.

I think pluses are the best thing to aim for when you've got a few well established teams IMO. Ever since I've hypermaxed my Urd and put her in my first slot, I've been getting a constant stream of friend invites and in general a larger amount of user PAL points. They're also fantastic force multipliers for any team that gets a boost from HP and RCV from leader bonuses, or has a defensive steroid like A. Karin. It's also a really nice boost to damage, and the more pluses you have on any team, the more mistakes you can make.

So get up off your arse and get to farming... next event.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

shiatza posted:

Also the best place to get Zaerog is dragon rush since he comes evolved. Now is the perfect time to grab all the pirates from coin dungeons too if you don't wanna grab them from his dungeon (which you should farm for skillups anyway)

Pirates will probably be Technical dungeons eventually. I'm prepared for the marathon.

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is a fun game (except for the lul before being able to clear KotG, that part really, really sucks)

I felt the biggest lull was Hades. That was before I found this thread though. I cleared it pretty easily after that. I was still having fun though. One thing I do like is sitting down and figuring out a team that can beat a dungeon based on the things I have in my box. I was planning to level up a weird rear end team with an Archangel leader, Genie and Orochi to get past Hades. I know it was a pretty stupid idea now but I think it would have worked if I would have stuck with it. I had a Kirin in my box at the time, and maybe Apollo too, but I thought her leader skill was so far above me I didn't even want to try.

There are still a couple of things I need to beat. I need to beat Legendary Seaways and Legendary Mountain Path in Challenge Mode and I haven't gotten around to beating Legendary Hills or Paradise of the Holy Beasts at all. I guess I always feel like I have something better to with my stamina.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Speaking of Piis, I have no use for my Flampiis right now and I'm not really going to be pulling too heavily on godfests any time soon, would it be terrible to use them on Harley Quinn to skill her up for my Urd team? Dropping her skill timer sounds pretty drat nice. It'd be a while (potentially) before I could get it to the 7 turn timer, but she's be a fantastic replacement for Mitsuki.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Well, didn't do much besides farm +eggs this weekend, and annoyingly I averaged under 1 a run (for all of the usual spots) until like two hours ago, when the average finally went up to around 2 in sky dragons. As a result, I'm a only little over halfway done on SS Isis. Hopefully the RNG is a little kinder next time, so I can finish her.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Kilson posted:

I spent a bunch of stones to buy all available friend slots, so I have over 150 open. Add me!

https://www.padherder.com/user/Kilson/monsters/

The higher priority, the more likely I am to use it as a leader. Right now, I primarily use green leads (Bastet, Parvati, Meimei), then rainbow (Kali, Ra), and trying to make Shiva team reasonable.

Added you.

Looking for help putting together a team since now I have an Isis

https://www.padherder.com/user/TogDog/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;atk,1

Thank you!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SaffronKit posted:

Speaking of Piis, I have no use for my Flampiis right now and I'm not really going to be pulling too heavily on godfests any time soon, would it be terrible to use them on Harley Quinn to skill her up for my Urd team? Dropping her skill timer sounds pretty drat nice. It'd be a while (potentially) before I could get it to the 7 turn timer, but she's be a fantastic replacement for Mitsuki.

Yes it would be terrible. Just save the flampys because they're given out at obscenely rare occasion since we aren't Japan.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I got rid of a bunch of Pis the other day skilling DIza. Didn't realize she's not like Goemon, and can be skilled with her base form. Oh well. She's already saved my rear end twice on descends, so I have no regrets. I still have three Pys still hanging out in my box, waiting for whatever.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Cant wait for that Ares row buff!

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

cryptoclastic posted:

I got rid of a bunch of Pis the other day skilling DIza. Didn't realize she's not like Goemon, and can be skilled with her base form. Oh well. She's already saved my rear end twice on descends, so I have no regrets. I still have three Pys still hanging out in my box, waiting for whatever.

Ouch, not only that there's a dungeon with a decent boss drop percentage that drops a skill-up monster.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

RadicalCadaver posted:

When has Haku ever been bad?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Getting nearly 2 sets of Piis from these "challenge" decends is pretty awesome. Going to finish skilling up Bastet, Horus, have enough piis for Minerva, Isis, D. meta, and have some leftover.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The best part of Awoken Ra is clearing the highest challenge dungeon the first morning they're released and having all week to mop up the lesser dungeons.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Why the heck does the rainbow keeper at the end of evo rush not have a 100% drop rate.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

Why the heck does the rainbow keeper at the end of evo rush not have a 100% drop rate.

Because there is no x2 drop rate bonus like in the weekly dungeon :v:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Because there is no x2 drop rate bonus like in the weekly dungeon :v:

Wouldn't it still only be 80% in spite of a 2x rate?

I need 12 KoR for all the new ultis I plan to do this week :v:

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Because Evo Rush is a garbage dungeon and i need so many rainbow keepers oh my god help

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Tuesday dungeon is tomorrow just have a little patience.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Oh hey, EU got the Descended Challenge dungeons again too. We're matching up more and more with NA, it's pretty nice (especially any stream rewards)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

madstrike posted:

When has Haku ever been bad?

Not sure. Think that guy may be retarded.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Are there any dungeons in this challenge set that might give an awoken Horus team any problems?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

tzirean posted:

The best part of Awoken Ra is clearing the highest challenge dungeon the first morning they're released and having all week to mop up the lesser dungeons.

The worst part is when you get a 12 combo cascade with Awoken Ra on Hera-Sol without an active skill, and it still kills her from 80% HP.
It's bad because I wanted to knock her below 50% to get a free turn to heal up before eating DQ Hera's preemptive.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Tfw you dont kill green hera in 1 hit

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Deep Winter posted:

Are there any dungeons in this challenge set that might give an awoken Horus team any problems?

Well, Take-minekata, for starters. :v:

Also, the 99-stamina dungeons might give you some trouble, if you don't have the right subs.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Woo, Angel 2.0 skill up monsters! Rozuel and Famiel are not borderline useless anymore!

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

Well, Take-minekata, for starters. :v:

Also, the 99-stamina dungeons might give you some trouble, if you don't have the right subs.

Haha, well yeah. Yamato fire team took that down.

Times like this make me wish I had Susanno, indra, or Kushinada. D.iza doesn't always do it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, I decided to use A. Yomi against Wadatsumi because I can make six combos even without awakenings only to realize too late that no awakenings means no enhanced orbs and couldn't kill some lovely dragon in time.

If only I had an orb I would have overkilled it by millions of damage but nooooo, I forgot to stall. Bleh.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
A.Bastet took down Satan, Hera-Swole, Hera-Is, Hera-Beorc (and regular hera but who gives a poo poo about her) today.

Did Takeminikata with A.Lakshmi because she trivializes that dungeon. Sitting on enough Flampys to Max Skill an Awoken Shiva.

Now I just need an Awoken Shiva. :v:

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

The Jumpoff posted:

A.Bastet took down Satan, Hera-Swole, Hera-Is, Hera-Beorc (and regular hera but who gives a poo poo about her) today.

Did Takeminikata with A.Lakshmi because she trivializes that dungeon. Sitting on enough Flampys to Max Skill an Awoken Shiva.

Now I just need an Awoken Shiva. :v:

A. Bastet is the best, did the same here but I don't have any A Lakshmi friends so I did that one with Ult Krishna with a A. Shiva Friend.

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

See, this is where I need to write down what teams I've used on the past. I ran Super Rubies on my main this morning so I've only cleared Hera so far. On my alt I used Shiva for Takeminakata, Lakshmi for Goemon and who cares for Hera, I wasn't quite awake yet.

I'll make a list time, maybe.

• Locked thread