Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

haljordan posted:

It was almost as if someone on the sidelines told him "Hey Weeden, start warming up you're going in soon" and he thought they were pulling a prank on him.

He's too old for this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

haljordan posted:

It was almost as if someone on the sidelines told him "Hey Weeden, start warming up you're going in soon" and he thought they were pulling a prank on him.

As a former pitcher he knows warming up is bullshit

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Rexrexrexrexrex

Remember, he's never taking another coaching job after the Bills.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm in a weird place in my life where I'm ok with the Ravens having a mid round draft pick (as long as they don't draft a wr). Anyhow go Cards go Bills.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My biggest takeaway from the Vikings game this week is that I'm pretty sure Matt Stafford is going to die on the field at some point this year.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

A+ reference

FizFashizzle posted:

Also like I've said Cam was getting hit as he threw all day yesterday. Additionally, he was clearly not on the same page of a lot of his receivers, which is understandable considering who they are.

the worst yesterday was a 3rd and manageable late in the 2nd quarter in their own territory, when instead of just running out the clock they took a shot deep. It was a perfect play and Cam threw a perfect ball, except ted ginn didn't seem to think he'd be targeted on the play and lolly gagged his route.

Agree. Cam obviously isn't in the same league as Rodgers and Brady, but the man really has nobody to help him out. Give him a Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, or Julio Jones and he'd light the league on fire.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Cams already had a lot of practice spinning through the air in a damaged vehicle.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Newton is very good.
Dalton was throwing darts.
Taylor is extremely Human especially under pressure.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

CyberPingu posted:

I get it now...Chip Kellys wild ride is like the rollercoaster that starts out really slow and boring, basically dragging itself along a slow incline that seems to last forever without actually going anywhere...but soon we have to reach the top right?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fly Eagles Fly

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Sounds like Suh is causing issues with the Miami coaching staff, want to give him back, please?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm loving this football season, especially the beautiful, chilly and overcast weather we got in DC right now

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ozu posted:

Rexrexrexrexrex

It's funny that he is such a krass contrast form Bill Belichick, who expects his players to know everything about every player on the opposing team.

quote:

The questions can be things that are noticed on film—like a subtle trait of an opponent—or they can be biographical, like when an opposing player joined the team or what his background is.

The variety and seemingly random nature of the questions can cause a degree of panic in the locker room. You will find Patriots hunched over internet browsers, scouring for information on anything and everything. “You just have to Wikipedia, Google, SportsCenter, use your ESPN app, something. You do what you’ve got to do,” said cornerback Kyle Arrington.

About Bill Belichick's pop quizzes.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/bill-belichick-the-nfls-scary-alex-trebek-1421173085

Nov 6, 2002

Scipiotik posted:

Sounds like Suh is causing issues with the Miami coaching staff, want to give him back, please?

Are these reports of Suh freelancing and throwing the coaches under the bus true? Because that would be... really, just... really great.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 21, 2015

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Scipiotik posted:

You can file that under pre-existing condition

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

NC-17 posted:

Are these reports of Suh freelancing and throwing the coaches under the bus true? Because the would be... really, just... really great.

That's what I'm basing it off of, but as with all sports reporting they're probably just trying to stir poo poo.

I did watch like two plays of that game, and on one of them Suh absolutely took another Miami player out when trying to get to the ball carrier and they both fell down and it was hilarious.

Nov 6, 2002

AAA DOLFAN posted:

We even have Greg Jennings dropping passes now. Good lord.

I don't know why you ever expected anything of Greg Jennings in 2015.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

indigi posted:

A+ reference

Agree. Cam obviously isn't in the same league as Rodgers and Brady, but the man really has nobody to help him out. Give him a Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, or Julio Jones and he'd light the league on fire.

He has one. He got hurt :smith:

Also I feel it is my job to inform you the prime minister of britain had sex with a dead pig and you need to follow for A.) future redskins references and B.) the hashtags #snoutrage

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
D Murray is on pace to gain 88 yards this year.

I bet he'd give up that fat signing bonus to swap to another team and play in front of an NFL caliber offensive Line.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There's been nothing about Suh throwing coaches under the bus from what I've seen, but everyone seems to be commenting on Miamis schemes being simply terrible.

Philbin draws the line in the sand and typically refuses to fire anyone. He refused to fire Sherman, and that was the worlds most obvious upgrade. It's time to move Croyle - every year our defense looks out of shape and out of position and we can't blame talent anymore. Odrick never played that well in Miami, and he's alluded to Jacksonville having a better coach (defensive/DL) so this ultimately might be his downfall

It's still two weeks and were .500, so it's very much on schedule, but I'm seeing some torches in Miami if people see Sug crashing the same one A gap as the opposing running back runs straight towards our other linemen who are ghosts.

Nov 6, 2002

Ozu posted:

Rexrexrexrexrex

I mean, he wasn't wrong. Between Lewis, Blount and Bolden the running backs ran the ball 10 times.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NC-17 posted:

I don't know why you ever expected anything of Greg Jennings in 2015.

That's the point. He's there to serve as the wise veteran who catches 40 passes for 450 yards and 2 tds but he's still supposed to be sure handed. He dropped a huge 3rd and 8 strike from Tannehill for a 20 yard gain. Like, right in the chest. I just laugh because if there's a team that personifies broken mirrors black cats and Indian burial grounds, it's Miami

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
I don't remember Jennings as particularly sure-handed in GB but maybe that's selective memory at work

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I still think the Chargers are a pretty good team, but 6 turnovers in 2 games is troubling

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Quick note Jets are still undefeated

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

That's the point. He's there to serve as the wise veteran who catches 40 passes for 450 yards and 2 tds but he's still supposed to be sure handed. He dropped a huge 3rd and 8 strike from Tannehill for a 20 yard gain. Like, right in the chest. I just laugh because if there's a team that personifies broken mirrors black cats and Indian burial grounds, it's Miami

Andre Johnson drops passes now and Reggie Wayne started doing it his last couple years too. For some reason old dudes start getting worse hands too which makes no sense. Maybe they're worrying more about the hits or turning upfield than they used to.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Aside from getting Smith out from under center, the Chiefs also need to stop refusing to change things up after players get beat. Fleming was getting beat like a drum all game but instead of giving him some help we just left him out there to get scorched by Sanders. The same thing happened two years ago with Decker. If Sutton won't change his poo poo up then we should probably start looking elsewhere. Ideally this will all change once S. Smith comes back and Fleming never sees the field again but Smith is gone next year so we'll have to be ready for that.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

mcmagic posted:

Remember, he's never taking another coaching job after the Bills.

He will be the Steelers d-coordinator for life after he fails in Buffalo

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

NC-17 posted:

I mean, he wasn't wrong. Between Lewis, Blount and Bolden the running backs ran the ball 10 times.

Lewis had 138 yard of combined offense and 1 TD, which made him the NE player with the most yards in yesterdays game.

I'm sorry, but the opposing head coach should know his name and I'm pretty sure Rex does but his ego doesn't allow him to acknowledge the fact that Belichick takes street free agents and turns them into productive backs.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 21, 2015

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Having terrible coaching and just being good enough to be mediocre every year isn't bad luck.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hey so did you guys see that the Bucs won?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

MindlessHavok posted:

Hey so did you guys see that the Bucs won?

Nah

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Me either

Nov 6, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

Lewis had 138 yard of combined offense and 1 TD, which made him the NE player with the most yards in yesterdays game.

I'm sorry, but the opposing head coach should know his name and I'm pretty sure Rex does but his ego doesn't allow him to acknowledge the fact that Belichick takes street free agents and turns them into productive backs.

Rex's ultimate point was that he was worried about the passing game, and felt that that was how New England would attack. He was correct. That Lewis was involved - because he's the passing down back - doesn't make him wrong. It's just a dumb media narrative. Like you said, I'm sure Rex Ryan knew his name, and was just being brash as always.

However if Lewis continues to fumble the only one who's going to remember his name by the end of the season will be his mother.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

There's been nothing about Suh throwing coaches under the bus from what I've seen, but everyone seems to be commenting on Miamis schemes being simply terrible.
He doesn't specifically name Coyle but this is 100% throwing the coaching under the bus.

quote:

After the game, Suh certainly seemed to be suggesting that defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle needed to make some changes to the scheme when asked about what went wrong on Sunday.

“I couldn’t tell you,” Suh said. “At the end of the day, we have to go back to the drawing board and figure out what we want to run so guys can make plays and go from there.”

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Parmesan Basil posted:

Aside from getting Smith out from under center, the Chiefs also need to stop refusing to change things up after players get beat.

Andy Reid doesn't "do" in-game adjustments

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm really shocked by the news that Suh is kind of a turd

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013
The Eagles o-line looked decent in pass blocking. The problem with the passing game was that receivers couldn't get open/Bradford couldn't find them, Bradford completely botching downfield throws, including Sean Lee's pick (I love you Sean but it hurts to see you hurt my team), and the WRs not catching the god damned ball. Bradford seems like he has the issue where he throws way too hard on short/medium passes because I have never seen Matthews drop balls like that, but in no way are those drops on the QB. Despite this, the screen game seems to be working okay, especially the play where Kelce and a tackle get out in front of the RB.

The run blocking was the loving worst thing I have seen in my life. How do 3 good linemen and two bad guards end up looking like PSU's o-line of last year? Did we make o line coaching changes about which I didn't know? Is Mathis really that good? It looked like on some plays we were purposefully letting LBs/DTs into the backfield immediately, which made no sense on those particular plays.

I hope Chip figures out what's wrong with the offense and soon. Hopefully newbies on the team just need more time to get comfortable.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rex was probably just trying to get into Lewis's head a bit.

This is all the cycle of Rex; he talks big and has an impressive victory and the players all attribute it to Rex believing in them. Then he talks bigger and loses and he gets humbled and there's soul-searching until their next win.

The narrative now seems to be that the Bills were just TOO amped and they were unable to focus. That sounds silly, but uh,

they were kind of playing like assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Burger Trench posted:

Rex was probably just trying to get into Lewis's head a bit.

This is all the cycle of Rex; he talks big and has an impressive victory and the players all attribute it to Rex believing in them. Then he talks bigger and loses and he gets humbled and there's soul-searching until their next win.

The narrative now seems to be that the Bills were just TOO amped and they were unable to focus. That sounds silly, but uh,

they were kind of playing like assholes.

Yeah. That is that is the double edged sword of Rex Ryan. He gets players so fired up sometimes they do not stay very disciplined. How many penalties did they get, 14?

Hell, they got a taunting penalty after giving up a touchdown.

• Locked thread