Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

psydude posted:

Apparently, retention in the Army Reserve is so poor right now that they've largely stopped transferring PT/height and weight failures and non-participants to the IRR.

Not sure if this extends to all other IRR transfers; if so, I'm going to be pissed.

Hahahahahahahahagahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'd like that think that places like GiP and other forums and all the media reports of how lovely the military is, will end up with really only the dregs of humanity in, and basically implode as a completely dysfunctional failure. Presumably after an unordered spice and meth fueled invasion of some random country that results in 7.3 million hours of a gay orgy snuff film taken by go pros uploaded to live leak in the aftermath.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

not caring here posted:

I'd like that think that places like GiP and other forums and all the media reports of how lovely the military is, will end up with really only the dregs of humanity in, and basically implode as a completely dysfunctional failure. Presumably after an unordered spice and meth fueled invasion of some random country that results in 7.3 million hours of a gay orgy snuff film taken by go pros uploaded to live leak in the aftermath.

this is my fetish

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

not caring here posted:

Wasn't that our involvement with Iraq?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

not caring here posted:

Don't worry, there is a neverending, yearly supply of mass media to sway impressionable young 18 year olds into trying to be delta sniper ranger forces tracked vehicle mechanics and cooks

I'm sure back in ancient times a young Greek would hear legends of brave warriors that were led into battle by the king himself only to find himself cleaning up horse poo poo for Alexander's army or something. That messenger at the beginning of Gladiator that got beheaded? Watched too many battle reenactments at the Colosseum.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 19, 2015

Fronkey
Oct 20, 2008

not caring here posted:

Please pick Mexico, not us

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Justin Tyme posted:

Don't worry, there is a neverending, yearly supply of mass media to sway impressionable young 18 year olds into trying to be delta sniper ranger forces tracked vehicle mechanics and cooks

I'm sure back in ancient times a young Greek would hear legends of brave warriors that were led into battle by the king himself only to find himself cleaning up horse poo poo for Alexander's army or something. That messenger at the beginning of Gladiator that got beheaded? Watched too many battle reenactments at the Colosseum.

Yes. Yes.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
If we run out of real footage we can just make dragons like the usmc did.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Or just have a platoon of charging across an open field with no cover.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

psydude posted:

Or just have a platoon of cutting a lawn with scissors

there ya go

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

psydude posted:

Apparently, retention in the Army Reserve is so poor right now that they've largely stopped transferring PT/height and weight failures and non-participants to the IRR.

Not sure if this extends to all other IRR transfers; if so, I'm going to be pissed.

Um yeah good luck with that. I have multiple Soldiers waiting on IRR orders.

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015
gently caress it

old wooden ships fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Sep 20, 2015

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Lard Goat posted:

You're right. I should try getting sber, but gently caress that. Ever see your buddy get hit by rocket sreaight down the turret?*

Like I said before, I was supposed ro get out with 70& disability but tjen they found put i was smokin spicw to cope. then there was a big fuxkup on ,y medboard or smetjing and my person at medboard said i dont get poo poo. gently caress.

oh poo poo im drunk,be goodbattle budies and forgt i exist, like the rest of my buddies did.

*when you're že loving usal gunner and your buddy was taking the spot dor you cause you didnt fleel well?

seek professional help

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Lard Goat posted:

gently caress it

Have a look at, or post in one of the sticky [resource] threads at the top of this forum.
Most of the regular threads are just bullshit and not serious chat.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 20, 2015

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Lard Goat posted:

gently caress it

And if the guy shooting it hadn't sneezed right then, it would've been one of the other trucks. It's war, poo poo happens, sometimes it's pretty goddamn awful.

Thing is, you chased the rabbit. You chased that fucker right down the hole, and it messed with your head bad the deeper you went. When it came time to figure out how to deal with it, you picked up the pretty cup that melts your face off and chugged it. Then you got found out in a way your bros couldn't save you from, got hosed, and then kept chasing the goddamned rabbit.

Stop reading this for a second and look around you. Look at yourself in the mirror, right in the drat eyes. You don't want some war buddies to chill with and bullshit over a cup of coffee, you want someone to latch onto and offload your misery. They see it, they know what you want, and they don't want your needy drunken high as hell trainwreck extending into their lives, to their families and relationships, and they know that they can't save you from yourself.

You don't have to be where you're at right now. Go get professional help, however you have to without hurting yourself or anyone else. Stop looking to people that can't help you to make things better. The rabbit hole doesn't ever end, it just gets darker and closer until you die. It's a long, hard climb back out, but that's where the sunlight is.

Suntan Boy fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Sep 20, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lard Goat posted:

gently caress it

The poo poo you've seen has nothing on what you see yourself becoming. Take 5 minutes, breathe, and calm down.

You need to talk to someone, like now. Not us, someone with credentials. There are lots of resources available for us, and are stickied. We aren't against you, here to make you look like an idiot, or whatever. But we can't help you the way the professionals can help you.

All we can do is have a dick measuring contest on who had the worst roomie when they deployed.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Do you see army

Do you see what you do to people??

Loltheydontcare

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cole posted:

Do you see army

Do you see what you do to people??

Loltheydontcare

Where they've gone, they didn't need eyes to see :twisted:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

We are the result of vivisection. Whoever compared to the Stamford experiment was right on.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Maybe it's just me, but even though the dudes I served with were my best friends I ever had, ever since I got out I hardly talk to them anymore at all. Sometimes you gotta move the gently caress on, they're all still edging the lawn and I'm getting an engineering degree.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Lard Goat posted:

gently caress it

Go to the nearest VA hospital with an ER and check yourself in. You need to get sober dude, your life is hosed right now and you can't even start working on it until you get off the booze.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Justin Tyme posted:

Maybe it's just me, but even though the dudes I served with were my best friends I ever had, ever since I got out I hardly talk to them anymore at all. Sometimes you gotta move the gently caress on, they're all still edging the lawn and I'm getting an engineering degree.

I do this with people when I/they PCS or ETS even though I'm still in, there just isn't that much to talk about with people you don't live by, work with, or hang out with, on top of that I find that most of my army friends are just my friends due to proximity and having to select from the group of people that you spend time around all the time due to work/field/deployment.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

RichieHimself posted:

Go to the nearest VA hospital with an ER and check yourself in. You need to get sober dude, your life is hosed right now and you can't even start working on it until you get off the booze.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The Phoenix VA is closed because a storm caused massive internal flooding.

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Suntan Boy posted:

And if the guy shooting it hadn't sneezed right then, it would've been one of the other trucks. It's war, poo poo happens, sometimes it's pretty goddamn awful.

No, gently caress you. You're an rear end in a top hat. gently caress, are you serious? You really think a sneeze, a loving sneeze, is why one of my best friends is dead?

gently caress YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Lard Goat posted:

No, gently caress you. You're an rear end in a top hat. gently caress, are you serious? You really think a sneeze, a loving sneeze, is why one of my best friends is dead?

gently caress YOU

GET loving HELP

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Lard Goat posted:

gently caress YOU

If not for yourself you should give your wife the gift of you getting sober and getting your life together for your anniversary.

https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
http://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/res-vatreatmentprograms.asp

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Obstacle2 posted:

If not for yourself you should give your wife the gift of you getting sober and getting your life together for your anniversary.

https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
http://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/res-vatreatmentprograms.asp

I know what I should do, but after the way the army treated me for my drug problem, gently caress them. I literally had an army psychologist tell me to talk to my legs because I am so jittery.

I had to sleep on a chair for two months because of what I did. The other guys that deployed with me went awol or started abusing tramadol of all things.

The VA people I have talked to keep treating me like poo poo,even when I was homeless and their job was helping homeless vets.

old wooden ships fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 21, 2015

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Lard Goat posted:

I know what I should do, but after the way the army treated me for my drug problem, gently caress them. I literally had an army psychologist tell me to talk to my legs because I am so jittery.

The VA isn't the army. You're mileage may vary with them its true, but you have nothing to lose.

Additionally just because your med-board didn't go well while you were in doesn't mean that you can't try again for some disability. Using drugs and alcohol aren't a reason to exclude you from earned benefits, you can still get them.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Lard Goat posted:

gently caress YOU

Yes, I am. Of course I don't, and you loving know it. It was illustrating the point that death in war is totally arbitrary; none of us know when our number is up, there's nothing you or he or anyone could've done to prevent it, and no one on your patrol was at fault, including you.

Lard Goat posted:

I had to sleep on a chair for two months because of what I did. The other guys that deployed with me went awol or started abusing tramadol of all things.

The VA people I have talked to keep treating me like poo poo,even when I was homeless and their job was helping homeless vets.

"gently caress the Army" is something I can get behind. You need help, you know you need help, you're not in the army anymore, so you don't have to rely on them for it, so get help somewhere else. The VA varies from facility to facility, even person to person, true. The important part is that they're not the army, and you're still entitled to benefits through them. If you can, try another facility, or call a national hotline. The links a few posts up are good ones. Going to a VA ER for a psych or substance crisis is a good way to backdoor your way into a psych consult, at least. Alcoholics Anonymous is great, and often has groups just for vets.

gently caress the army is fine. Quit loving yourself because you're pissed at the organization. GET HELP.

Edit: Did you ever get your DD214? http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/ if you can't get to your OMPF anymore.

Suntan Boy fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Sep 21, 2015

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Lard Goat posted:

quit being a selfish dumbass and get help for your problems, all you're doing is hurting people who care about you by crydrinking yourself into oblivion instead of acting like a grown rear end man

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I would still like to know what unit you were in and what dates.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
goddamn broken thirteen bang bangs are loving magical

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Fucitol posted:

goddamn broken thirteen bang bangs are loving magical

This language triggers me

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Do not besmirch the good name of the redlegs.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
we had a gun bunny accidentally light his rear end on fire at a party and got the battalion soldier of the week award for being a shining example of what not to do

he was the only soldier that i've seen confined to the battalion area because he was such a gently caress up

his antics transcended his battery and made him a well known entity at least for our battalion if not higher

i love my half brain dead string pulling brethren

they're all so magical

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lard Goat posted:

Dude.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Lard Goat posted:

gently caress YOU

yea bro no one else has lost friends. you are unique in human experience and you have every right to spiral out of control with being a drunken drug addict piece of poo poo and drain on society. or maybe shut the gently caress up and get some help for yourself. you got 2 paths here; continue to be a coward and run from your mental demons by self medicating and end up dead or get your poo poo together and live a good life

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Zeris posted:

I would still like to know what unit you were in and what dates.

As much as Lard Goat may seem like a troll, I think we should stop short of questioning the credibility of an apparently depressed guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
As already suggested give AA a shot. A lot of vets get sober there, and someone having a freak out or tough time in a meeting is nothing unusual and the people there are probably better equipped for it than the VA, realistically

• Locked thread