Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Mr.PayDay posted:

50 or 60 losses were simply afk and forfeit - losses to drop the division and I don't even care if you believe this. I not sure if the game tracks thrown games where you give up after kickoff to quit.
So yes, even 44-59 or 44-49 might be bad.
On the other hand I got less than 44 wins because in the first games I won due to rage quits because people just quit playing a 85 team in the first week.
I started with the selecao and bayern münchen suqads but played most games with my korean silver suqad and bronze sweat squads.

You can continue the babyrage, I just found a poll in the german EA Forum where 44% chose "I will spend more than 300 Euro", so I am not a minority of pumping hundreds of EUros/Dollars into this.
http://forum.ea.com/de/posts/list/30/1106673.page

And if you want to feel better and own a pack buying fag ingame, add me after release. Wipe my rear end and finish me 8-0.Because I am curious, I wanna watch and learn.
And maybe you will be manly enough to post here if you - despite 0,1% chance because you are pro - will lose, amirite?

Glad I can entertain you so far, goons :D It is funny how all how claim to "not care" just keep on flaming - just to prove how they do care lol.

you are such a knob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

T Bowl posted:

Basically, no reason this should have ever been reported and people are petty.

Someone reported it probably because they are a big whiny baby and thought the thread was off topic, but FUT is indeed a large part of FIFA 16 (whether that's a good or bad thing) and is absolutely on topic.

All I have been hearing so far about people who have played is that pace isn't a HUGE deal for attacking anymore. Is this true? Because that would be great.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

The Big Taff Man posted:

I dont know what was reported but he linked to his reddit thread himself and theres been no one stalking him.

The short version of what is going on is the guy posted to say he's spent $700 on virtual coins to open sticker packs of players, and everyone is making fun of how stupid he is. Then someone checked his online record and it turns out he's really bad at the game. Now he's melting down offering to play people.

Alright, cool. I'm still a little skeeve on bringing in that reddit stuff but whatever. Use your judgment.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Someone reported it probably because they are a big whiny baby and thought the thread was off topic, but FUT is indeed a large part of FIFA 16 (whether that's a good or bad thing) and is absolutely on topic.

All I have been hearing so far about people who have played is that pace isn't a HUGE deal for attacking anymore. Is this true? Because that would be great.

From the demo it feels like that, but I haven't been able to 1 on 1 any sprinting honks with Doumbia just yet. We'll know tonight if my silvers get torched. :)

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

thompson posted:

From the demo it feels like that, but I haven't been able to 1 on 1 any sprinting honks with Doumbia just yet. We'll know tonight if my silvers get torched. :)

Like I said before, the FIFA 15 AI can mostly keep up pace with you. For instance, with a CB with a 40 rating at pace while you use a 90 pace winger.. but a human trying the same thing will be beaten easily.

I am willing to bet that 16 will be the same way.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Hand Knit posted:

Alright, cool. I'm still a little skeeve on bringing in that reddit stuff but whatever. Use your judgment.

I was just lazy and linked to my reddit post to avoid a copypasta textwall. I did neither intend to stir sth up or violate rules nor did I start the flamewar.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

Like I said before, the FIFA 15 AI can mostly keep up pace with you.

No it cant. Ive got a career mode game where Ive got loads of pacy stars and can blitz an oppositions defence with a good touch around them

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

No it cant. Ive got a career mode game where Ive got loads of pacy stars and can blitz an oppositions defence with a good touch around them

I don't play against the AI at all really except perhaps clubs games... Going mostly on what I saw from both game demos and yeah, the way AI Pro Clubs players react a lot of the time.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
So your AI can keep pace with you comment was absolute bollocks then yeah? Standard T Fowl post really.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
S

The Big Taff Man posted:

So your AI can keep pace with you comment was absolute bollocks then yeah? Standard T Fowl post really.

No, it's what I am going on from playing the game demo and pro clubs with AI players.

What you left out in your post Taff was that you play on semi pro, I play the leg, so yes, you can easily outrun them.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

No, it's what I am going on from playing the game demo and pro clubs with AI players.

What you left out in your post Taff was that you play on semi pro, I play the leg, so yes, you can easily outrun them.

You just said you dont play against the AI. And your reply was to someone talking about Doumbia on Ultimate team, not clubs.

I play my career mode on professional when I'm playing with a mate and World Class when I'm on my own. Legendary is boring to play against as its just too perfect. You can still outrun someone with a pacey striker tho.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm pretty sure that the only difference between the different AI difficulty levels is the 'gameplay sliders' being tilted in favor of the AI where in the lower difficulty levels it's tilted in favor of the player. The AI is exactly the same only they get massive stat boosts and have a lower chance to make errors. If you're playing offline you can adjust these sliders yourself to the point where semi-pro is as hard to beat as legendary and vice versa.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

You just said you dont play against the AI.

Not much, no, it's boring, kind of like Legendary.

Just seemed to me that the game gives the AI a bit of a padding on pace because they know they didn't code it well enough to read the game properly to defend pace anyway.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I'm pretty sure that the only difference between the different AI difficulty levels is the 'gameplay sliders' being tilted in favor of the AI where in the lower difficulty levels it's tilted in favor of the player. The AI is exactly the same only they get massive stat boosts and have a lower chance to make errors. If you're playing offline you can adjust these sliders yourself to the point where semi-pro is as hard to beat as legendary and vice versa.

When we get bored of career mode I change the settings so all the shots are 100% accurate and all the goalies are 0% effective at saving shots and then we play a 1v1 seeing who can score most

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Can't believe I bought this again this year. loving cheap Mexican prices. I guess I doubled hosed myself since I switched to PC and mainly play FUT. Oh and if you care to gently caress around the Korean VPN trick works and you can play right now

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Sorry guys, I don't play much outside of UT and career mode, so my assessments could be terrible, but i'll let everyone know if I get paced to death this evening and tomorrow. I'm a very methodical crossing player for those who have not played against me and I don't use a lot of pace but I do use a ton of skill moves because of NBA 2k, FIFA, and NHL (all driven by the skill stick, I just ended up getting used to it). This keeps most of my players in position and I keep them on defensive. This is why the CDM I have, Roger, has low/high work rates.

But I hope the game is good defensively. Hopefully I can figure it out. There's no game more fun than a playable non broken FIFA to me.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Hand Knit posted:

I got a report from this thread but I can't really tell what's going on.

You probably shouldn't pull some guy's posts from reddit, I guess. That seems like offsite, kinda helldumpy stuff that we want to avoid.

People ITT keep ganging up on some poor guy just because he spent some money on a videogame which they also do just not as much, also they're just being hella rude and offensive and flaming the guy. Sick stuff. Also they won't stop playing this lovely game even tho I've told them a million times it's crap and sucks. Can we get some bans going in here? Thank you.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
So I pre-ordered this thing a few months ago but I don't know how to pre-load it, if that's even possible. I went to the PS store on my console and it just said that I could pre-order it again basically, dunno how to get it to recognize I already paid for this garbage game

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Mean Bean Machine posted:

People ITT keep ganging up on some poor guy just because he spent some money on a videogame which they also do just not as much, also they're just being hella rude and offensive and flaming the guy. Sick stuff. Also they won't stop playing this lovely game even tho I've told them a million times it's crap and sucks. Can we get some bans going in here? Thank you.

Agreed

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
First thoughts: I'm probably gonna get a refund again. Skip this garbage, our shitposting friends are right as always.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

So I pre-ordered this thing a few months ago but I don't know how to pre-load it, if that's even possible. I went to the PS store on my console and it just said that I could pre-order it again basically, dunno how to get it to recognize I already paid for this garbage game

PS4 Store>Just for you>Fifa>Edition you preordered(Click it despite the fact that it says pre-order/pre-ordered)>Download

I just tried to replicate what I did last night but the settings aren't there because I already downloaded it, it's just a clock now teasing me about how many hours I have to wait. That was the path I took though so I hope it helps!

thompson fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 21, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So it seems like a poo poo ton of retailers are letting the game go today, including Best Buy. Sucks if you digitally ordered it like myself.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

thompson posted:

PS4 Store>Just for you>Fifa>Edition you preordered(Click it despite the fact that it says pre-order/pre-ordered)>Download

I just tried to replicate what I did last night but the settings aren't there because I already downloaded it, it's just a clock now teasing me about how many hours I have to wait. That was the path I took though so I hope it helps!

Haha ok thanks, I'll do it.

Anyone doin any DAY ONE PARMOS action tonight on PS4?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

First thoughts: I'm probably gonna get a refund again. Skip this garbage, our shitposting friends are right as always.

Seems you're scared of playing Mr PayDay, all talk and no trousers?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

Haha ok thanks, I'll do it.

Anyone doin any DAY ONE PARMOS action tonight on PS4?

Definitely worth it because there will be a poo poo ton of idiots trying to download at midnight EST I would imagine. Good luck!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Big Taff Man posted:

Seems you're scared of playing Mr PayDay, all talk and no trousers?

yes, i find myself extremely intimidate by the man with the 24% win rate, since the only way he should be able to have a record that bad is if he's hustling us

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

yes, i find myself extremely intimidate by the man with the 24% win rate, since the only way he should be able to have a record that bad is if he's hustling us

Post your winrate

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I have played 9 games in FUT Draft with the Korean VPN unlock and it feels so amazing and smooth. Fifa 16 ownes Fifa 15 in every gameplay aspect, after you got used to the controls. The way you can affect the body movements and also off ball plays is absolutely great imho.

My impressions:
Crossings out of counterplays are highly dangerous.
The Goalkeepers switch between insane Oliver Kahn WC2002 "HOW DID HE RESCUE THAT"-Saves and dumb "clears" to the opponents.
Long Lobs from 35+ Metres transform them into Manuel Neuers who don't even hesitate to leave the box.
Tevez, Neymar, Iturbe and Walcott were sick for me today.
Pace is somehow nerfed and Defence Stats+Phy Stats help blocking 90+ Pace Bolt Sugorrates.
LB+Y is crap compared to Fifa15, you cant spam and abuse it anymore, thanks god.
3-5-2 seems to be an insane formation because of the important passing requirement to build up plays and counters.
4-4-1-1 felt amazing, too.

I already like the way this game "feels".

I read that if you play offline Drafts, it seems that the AI difficulty does not affect the rewards? Anyone who can second this?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Mr.PayDay posted:

I read that if you play offline Drafts, it seems that the AI difficulty does not affect the rewards? Anyone who can second this?

Thats not what the beta said. All your rewards should be a minimum as to what it costs for a draft token.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

It's bullshit that US comes out Tuesday but EU comes out on Thursday :(

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
i never understood the goalie bugs. ive never experienced any because i play with manual keeper.

edit: is the kick off exploit still in?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I sold my Perez card for 4k and decided to build up these 2 starter squads:

Too bad none of the nearby Gamestops are doing a midnight release. Tomorrow it is. My body is ready.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

hopterque posted:

Lol

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

zooted heh posted:

edit: is the kick off exploit still in?
Besides the goalie beeing vulnerable against 50 Metre Longshots after kickoffs for "free" corners, you cannot just dribble from kickoff into the box like in Fifa15. I had two dudes trying to force this, but the AI defenders close gaps way better now and their anticipation has improved.

The key is here to turn auto switch off. The millisecond you lose when you get handed a CB still seems to be the best present an agile Attacker can get against you.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Imo you should have a win rate above 25% to dole out advice. Good policy to follow.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So I mean do you even win as many games as you draw

Like I'm just completely baffled how you could win less than 25% of your games

Edit: Ok 44 wins 28 draws, whew!

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

Imo you should have a win rate above 25% to dole out advice. Good policy to follow.
You can show me YOUR winrate when my tourney starts. With over 25% you may even qualify, unless you are a console peasant.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

So I mean do you even win as many games as you draw

[quote="Stefan Prodan" post="450517149"]

Like I'm just completely baffled how you could win less than 25% of your games
I mentioned 50 or 60 thrown games = lost games on purpose to tank divisions earlier.
But on the other hand lets stick to the concept, I am the worst player ever and won 24% because my opponents were afk.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Mr.PayDay posted:

You can show me YOUR winrate when my tourney starts. With over 25% you may even qualify, unless you are a console peasant.

I retired from FIFA but rest assured I was a top dog with a crazy winning % who never backed down from a challenge. I saw the writing on the wall. The game is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hey man all you gotta do is actually have a reasonable winrate this year to shut everyone up and prove that you are a legend

(talkin to MPD not mr aids cum)

Still don't get why you'd need to tank when you never actually got above division 7 which is still the Pure Dogshit Zone

• Locked thread