Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Really, I think that shrimp flavored Maruchan just by itself belongs in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbird Betty
Mar 27, 2010

From a distance, it looks like he's wearing a stripey onesie :ohdear:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
heres a little treat from the gbs china thread

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Wanamingo posted:

Really, I think that shrimp flavored Maruchan just by itself belongs in this thread.

They should be renamed from "Shrimp Flavor" to "Shrimp Fisherman's Sweaty, Unwashed Ballsack Flavor."

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

feral, bogany kids

I and most of my grade-school friends used to bring Mr Noodles (an equivalent freeze-dried noodles product) as a snack to school and eat it dry during our middle-class Canadian childhoods so I guess class lines are different in Australia?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dogfish posted:

I and most of my grade-school friends used to bring Mr Noodles (an equivalent freeze-dried noodles product) as a snack to school and eat it dry during our middle-class Canadian childhoods so I guess class lines are different in Australia?

Yeah it was just a childhood affectation up here in Canada. My school had our own tuck shop problem with it where the kids got Mr. Noodles stocked, then pulled very quickly when the teachers found out how we were eating it.

(Sometimes I still do today.)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dogfish posted:

They were a dollar a pack if you brought like 20 at once so they were dirt cheep for your kids lunches. No need to buy bread for sandwiches which would go stale after a few days etc. Apart from that they'd just bum food off everyone else or get the free sausage rolls/whatever given to them by their mother who defiantly didn't steal them or use their welfare money to buy overpriced junk food instead of real stuff.

In other school lunch horror related stories in high school I had a mate who was like our beloved cash crab: a human (raccoon) waste disposal. He ate everything. But unlike cash crab he was a douche about it. I distinctly remember him turning up one day with this big rear end sandwich he filled with like 300 grams of salami. Literately just 2 slices of supermarket white bread and salami; and he takes the salami out, rolls it into a tube, stuffs it into his gob and throws the bread into a near-by bush. There was a rubbish bin like 30 seconds walk there and back away but he would just throw his poo poo into this bush. Later in life we worked in the same corner shop and while he was cleaning out the shed where we kept all the soft drinks (we went thought tonnes of it a month) he found a coupple of cases Mother. Anyone remember Mother? The old energy drink? Not the new stuff which was released in 08, the old one from like 06. He found cases of THAT Mother which was out of date by like a year; he put one in the fridge and tried it later on, decided he liked it enough to give out boss $20 for the cases. It was 239 cans of out of date foul tasting energy drink; he drank 2 cans a day minimum for months. :barf:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I actually ate a package of ramen yesterday, it was 22 cents. I don't know why, but every so often I get a craving for that packaged ramen crap, mmm, cheap salty goodness.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I used to eat dry cup o' noodles as a snack in middle school. You just take a fork to it and crack it all up, sort of tasted like Pringles :shrug:

I'd usually skip the flavor packet though...

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
When I worked at General Motors Technical Support center, it was my team of mostly women and then like 100ish former mechanics in a call center. The communal kitchen fridges were full of some of the grossest food.

One guy in Transmissions ate exclusively Hungry Man meals for lunch. I never saw him not eating a Hungry Man meal and it was usually the salisbury steak variety.

One guy in Driveline would eat an entire package of hot dogs that he would also microwave all at once and eat without condiments off of pieces of Butternut white bread. Sometimes he would cover them in one of those enormous family-size can of baked beans before microwaving.

One of my team leads was on a very strict diet by his doctor, but could spot gravy on a lunch from three cubicles away and would walk by your desk asking if you had gravy on your meal.

All of them were like human garbage disposals during our frequent company potlucks, shoving anything and everything on a plate out of Dale Earnhardt themed slow-cookers.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Eponine posted:

One of my team leads was on a very strict diet by his doctor, but could spot gravy on a lunch from three cubicles away and would walk by your desk asking if you had gravy on your meal.

...And then what? Ask you to give him some? :psyduck:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Maybe he'd just stand there, drooling and staring.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

HairyManling posted:

Maybe, but his whole look and demeanor just screams of desperately trying to appeal to a certain demographic. And I can't figure out which one aside from mid-90's frat boy.
He actually was a late-Eighties frat boy. Perhaps he was just a bit ahead of his time, and kept the look.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Is this the point when I jump in and say "She's sure no lesbian!" :rimshot:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

skander posted:

He actually was a late-Eighties frat boy. Perhaps he was just a bit ahead of his time, and kept the look.

I think he is just constantly trying to look like your Dad's one goofy friend from college. The one people invite to parties because he's "goofy" but then they have to stop when he keeps feeling up freshmen and pooping in weird places.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Data Graham posted:

...And then what? Ask you to give him some? :psyduck:

:kiddo: "Is that gravy?"
:) "Yes, Jim."
:kiddo: "It looks really good."
:) "Thanks, Jim."
:kiddo: "Oh....ok, have a good lunch. Man, I miss gravy."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pray you never eat a plate of this.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Eponine posted:

One guy in Transmissions ate exclusively Hungry Man meals for lunch. I never saw him not eating a Hungry Man meal and it was usually the salisbury steak variety.
I have a guy in my office who used to eat TWO Hungry Man meals for lunch. He's since gone on a health kick, dropped 50 pounds, goes to the gym instead of eating lunch, and seems to have a giant tub of cottage cheese around him at all times.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

cash crab posted:

:ohdear: the little eyes scare me
e:

Hello childhood my old friend

Gonna guess this is a mixture of rice a roni, a can of cream of mushroom, some bits of leftover steak mixed in, or spam, covering half a loaf of french bread.

Not would, DID. :smith:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Haverchuck posted:

I don't think it works unless you tell us what animal it is so we can be suitably surprised and/or nauseated.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

I don't think it works unless you tell us what animal it is so we can be suitably surprised and/or nauseated.

dog

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Still would, prolly. Sort of interested on what mammalian carnivore tastes like.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would love to try dog. Hell, chipmunks are my favorite animals ever and I would still kinda like to know what a good cooked chipmunk tastes like.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

OctoberBlues posted:

Hell, chipmunks are my favorite animals ever and I would still kinda like to know what a good cooked chipmunk tastes like.

I would say the flavor is kinda like really tender pork :bahgawd:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

You say dog but the tail on the left side says rat

dog is ok, i had it by accident once and probably would've thought it was pretty good if i hadn't learned it was once man's best friend after

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mans best friend and appetizer.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Mans best friend and appetizer.

Best belly friend...

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Haverchuck posted:

It's slightly reminiscent of ginger beef, except ginger beef is the best food ever.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Someone wanted me to eat that chocolate with Vegemite in it, but that's already been done, and anyway, I don't think they're selling it any more. I certainly couldn't find any. So I've decided to go one better and do a home-made version. All you need's Vegemite and chocolate, right? The proper version also has caramel, but I'm not going to bother with that. I will get some decent chocolate though, instead of Cadbury Dairy Milk. So here are the ingredients:

And a nice cup of tea to go with it:

I decided to start small and simple. A little bit of chocolate...

and a little bit of Vegemite.

I popped the whole thing in my mouth and began to chew. The first thing I tasted was just the Vegemite, but after a moment I did begin to detect a little of the chocolate flavour coming through. Then it became slightly unpleasant - the Vegemite seemed somehow to have brought out the bitterness in the chocolate, and that's all you get by the end. I can't say I'd recommend it. But I wasn't done yet. I put on a piece of toast and drank some of my tea, then I assembled the ingredients for the next step:

Vegemite, of course, is meant for sandwiches. And you can't have a Vegemite sandwich without butter. And why not some peanut butter as well? Vegemite and peanut butter go well together.

Now this was much nicer, although mostly because the chocolate was masked by the other flavours. As you might expect from the quantities, the peanut butter predominates, but it mixes well with the Vegemite to produce a flavour that's not quite what you'd expect of either of them (although I already knew that from previous experience). The chocolate, once again, added a layer of bitterness, and a little bit of sweetness.

It wasn't something I'll be eating again in a hurry, but it wasn't bad, as such. If it were served to me I would eat it without complaint.

Anyway, I had no trouble finishing it off.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Tiggum posted:

And a nice cup of tea to go with it:

Nice cup of hot milk

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

for a clown to drink

at the circus

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

reformed bad troll posted:

Nice cup of hot milk

I'm not one to have milk in my tea but this really does look like a straight cup of milk.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

KakerMix posted:

I'm not one to have milk in my tea but this really does look like a straight cup of milk.

It's definitely tea, but I probably could have steeped it for longer and used less milk. I'm not that careful about how I make my tea. :shrug:

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
As an American, I don't understand adding milk and sugar or whatever to tea. Tea is fine on its own, you don't have to put anything else in it.

Coffee creamer is loving horrible though. I just put a little milk in coffee, and if the only option is creamer I'll drink it black.

I'm not a fan of super sweet things in general, though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Turfahurf posted:

As an American, I don't understand adding milk and sugar or whatever to tea. Tea is fine on its own, you don't have to put anything else in it.

Coffee creamer is loving horrible though. I just put a little milk in coffee, and if the only option is creamer I'll drink it black.

I always drink tea plain, but it's because I'm lactose intolerant and sugar makes me feel like I'm being stabbed in the stomach. I don't understand it, but teas are usually delicious enough without them so I can't complain.

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~

Picnic Princess posted:

I always drink tea plain, but it's because I'm lactose intolerant and sugar makes me feel like I'm being stabbed in the stomach. I don't understand it, but teas are usually delicious enough without them so I can't complain.

I'm lactose intolerant as well, but a splash of milk in my coffee isn't enough to upset me.

Sometimes I get the urge to drink a small glass of strawberry milk though, and that's a one-way ticket to diarrhea town half an hour later.

My roommate drinks a half gallon or more of milk every day. It's normal for there to be three gallons in the fridge just for him. Most of it's for protein shakes but he drinks like 5 of those a day and also a weird amount of just milk.

salty fries make me cry has a new favorite as of 10:23 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Turfahurf posted:

It's a thing here in the south to make sweet iced tea. If you're not buying a bottle or can of it from somewhere, I can't imagine just drinking tea on its own.

• Locked thread