Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Baudin posted:

This is the best way to get what you want:

Inexplicable my rear end.

This guy owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Baudin posted:

Fat Samurai owns. Stop getting bullied by newbies, Baudin.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Baudin posted:

I get something I want, you get gems to annoy me with. Everyone wins.

The thing Dominions needs the most is a spell checker for the in game messages. :suicide:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

I get something I want, you get gems to annoy me with. Everyone wins.

The thing Dominions needs the most is a spell checker for the in game messages. :suicide:

I'd settle for the ability to copy paste

BurlapNapkin
Feb 11, 2013

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I'd settle for the ability to copy paste

Or a text cursor that can make edits without deleting your way to the part you want to change.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Killed my first Earth Serpent today, and its prophet, in the same battle. Feels good. Death to all Earth Serpents and those that worship them.

Urban Sorcerer
Oct 16, 2005
How do people feel about the new MA Pelagia? I am considering being them for a friendly match and they seem to almost be an actual viable nation.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Urban Sorcerer posted:

How do people feel about the new MA Pelagia? I am considering being them for a friendly match and they seem to almost be an actual viable nation.

There is no such thing as Friends in Dominions, friend.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Nationgen blitz report: holy poo poo is having random stuff fun. Stuff like:

or

Toad men allied with poorly armored (but glamoured!) vanheim styled guys is pretty amazing :3:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Nationgen continues to be amazing I see.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Neruz posted:

Nationgen continues to be amazing I see.

I'm really loving those longspear guys - they're great for expansion and can hold a badass line while my air mages go to town (I also get these gems):

I managed to demolish a decent number of Tom's troops using a bunch of these guys and uhhhhhh 60 air gems :cripes:

e: we're also playing randomly generated pretends, so I can't even take advantage of the ignore drain scales advantage. I have yet to see what pretender I ended up with, and it's turn 36.
e2: oh of course he pops up turn 37

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Baudin posted:

I managed to demolish a decent number of Tom's troops using a bunch of these guys and uhhhhhh 60 air gems :cripes:

An efficient and effective use of 60 air gems :v:

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
After I was able to get storm going and then this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNC_B0AO64U

We decided to call it a draw, Tom convinced me to go fight him on the other throne (only 2 thrones because I'm an idiot) and also because I'm an idiot he took the throne I had and claimed it before I could fight him.

I'm v bad at dom4

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Hello hi I was the third person in that blitz between him and Tom, and basically sat in a corner researching nothing useful with my stack of nature + fuckall hoburg wizards (including a hero hoburg who could turn into a cave crab, owned), and my coral-thorned semi-clockwork polearm w9 sacreds who turned into werebears when they got wounded, along with a fat stack of crossbows, rolled over a throne right before it would be claimed for a victory, then got beaten off in that video by someone who actually could use battlemagic.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Archenteron posted:

got beaten off in that video

no homegrown please

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Public service announcement: Please make sure you have enough mages if you attack an enemy cap or bad poo poo happens.

Pictured: Baudin forgetting most of his mages while "trying" to siege my cap.

Well, he tried. :smug:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
you did it you won a battle in the game dominions four

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

I Love You! posted:

you did it you won a battle in the game dominions four

Hey, let me be smug this time, normally the numbers are reversed

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Libluini posted:

Hey, let me be smug this time, normally the numbers are reversed

I will always taunt those who post shaming/brag screenshots after a normal battle where the other guy didn't do anything particularly asinine first this is my calling

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

One time someone gave my god :siren:two afflictions:siren: and was bragging on irc.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Decrepus posted:

One time someone gave my god :siren:two afflictions:siren: and was bragging on irc.

if your god was a big mean caster and the afflictions were feeblemind/mute/dementia then I see no problem with this

Of course, goons being goons it was probably some dude who was incredibly happy that he gave your already-recuperated earth serpent Limp and Lost An Eye

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Decrepus posted:

Was this when I was Lemuria and you were Man and your Raven of the Underworld was killing hundreds of ghosts with Wither Bones spam and I feebleminded it by cranking out Black Bows of Botulf? Because I felt :smug: as hell about that

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

No I am making fun of forums poster ilu.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.

Boing posted:

Was this when I was Lemuria and you were Man and your Raven of the Underworld was killing hundreds of ghosts with Wither Bones spam and I feebleminded it by cranking out Black Bows of Botulf? Because I felt :smug: as hell about that

No that was actually my raven of the underworld.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
how on earth does wither bones work on ghosts

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Pomp posted:

how on earth does wither bones work on ghosts

It just does ok.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Even ghosts can suffer the burden of a withered dick.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Libluini posted:

Public service announcement: Please make sure you have enough mages if you attack an enemy cap or bad poo poo happens.

Pictured: Baudin forgetting most of his mages while "trying" to siege my cap.

Well, he tried. :smug:

Ok then. Once more for those interested: there are more lizards where those came from.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Diabl0658 posted:

No that was actually my raven of the underworld.

Oh sorry I got my D names mixed up. I'm still sour about not winning that game. Curse you nuclear monkey :argh:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Boing posted:

Oh sorry I got my D names mixed up. I'm still sour about not winning that game. Curse you nuclear monkey :argh:

Lemurs cannot win. The game itself recoils at the prospect.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Every time you partial submit a turn you should lose a commander and get kicked in the dick.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

So what we think about That Which Sleeps. We are talking of Doom4 there, so we well could talk about it in here :P

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The BFG is kind of stupid.

That's right,I went there.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

What's the etiquette on using carefully doctored game images in diplomacy? As in graphs, maps, army composition, he-told-me-he-was-going-to-attack-you messages...

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Fat Samurai posted:

What's the etiquette on using carefully doctored game images in diplomacy? As in graphs, maps, army composition, he-told-me-he-was-going-to-attack-you messages...

Go for it. Don't make the doctoring too obvious, though, people will notice and wonder what you hide.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Yeah do whatever the hell, just remember that anything you do can and will be held against you in Internet Relay Court (:haw:)

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Fat Samurai posted:

i dont know about the others but fabricating entire messages from other players sounds stupid and not at all within the mapgame code of bushido. its one thing to be like hey jomon is gonna attack you, its another to cobble together a fake screenshot in an offline game or w/e. of course this is open to whatever group you're playing in but it sounds insanely lame to me so i calls it as i sees it

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

The "carefully doctored" part is a joke, dammit, at most I plan on not posting the graphs/size of my empire along those of whoever I'm trying to slander.

I ask because, for example, copy-pasting an ingame message from an ally, or chat logs, or whatever, and showing it to the target can be considered against the spirit of the game, and I rather not break any unwritten rules. Another example would be the sanctity (or lack thereof) of NAPs and breaking trade agreements, but I'm pretty sure I know what the stance on those is (break NAPs whenever it's funny you want if you don't mind bad rep on the next game and don't you dare breaking a trade agreement, respectively).

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 22, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

The "carefully doctored" part is a joke, dammit, at most I plan on not posting the graphs/size of my empire along those of whoever I'm trying to slander.

Everyone who posts graphs does this and they get called out on it every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archaeo
Nov 5, 2009

may the power of Hecate compel you
Faking stuff might help you in the short term, but personally it's pretty low. Wasn't that one of Modpud's things, creating doctored IRC logs about deals made? Anyways, it would destroy your rep; why would anyone trust you? And if they don't trust you, why wouldn't they attack you? I know I would :)

"Lying by omission" is a completely different thing, though. That's fine. You'll still be called out, as Decrepus said.

• Locked thread