Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Alright, so I got Spirit of Ravioli permed, and I used a Pixel Star as a TT. Donate Blood still takes 55 adventures.

What am I doing wrong?

The HP% buffs increase the effect of muscle in reducing the adventures for Donate Blood. The reduction is 1 adventure per 30hp over your "Base" HP. Since your Base is determined by your buffed muscle, if you don't have any HP% buffs then increasing muscle does nothing. Ideally you do your HP test right before your muscle test, so you should have a load of muscle buffs running at that point.

Ravioli + Pixel star is 125%, so - ignoring any flat HP bonuses you have - the test is reduced to one adventure if you can boost your muscle to 1416. If you add in Song of Starch for another 50% then you only need 1012 muscle. You should be able to reach those levels when buffing for stat tests - noting that its very likely fastest to powerlevel until at least two of the stat tests are reduced to 1 adventure each. Looking at the skills and IOTMs you have available I think you'd want to powerlevel to at least 130 mainstat, possible up to 150-160.

You should be able to run a bit over 600% muscle buff for the HP test (sauce potions, deck muscle buff, power pill, smithsness, Bees Knees, etc) and if you're doing a 3 day or slower then you probably want to spend a green mana+louder than bomb to get over 900%.

hit button fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

hit button posted:

The HP% buffs increase the effect of muscle in reducing the adventures for Donate Blood. The reduction is 1 adventure per 30hp over your "Base" HP. Since your Base is determined by your buffed muscle, if you don't have any HP% buffs then increasing muscle does nothing. Ideally you do your HP test right before your muscle test, so you should have a load of muscle buffs running at that point.

Ravioli + Pixel star is 125%, so - ignoring any flat HP bonuses you have - the test is reduced to one adventure if you can boost your muscle to 1416. If you add in Song of Starch for another 50% then you only need 1012 muscle. You should be able to reach those levels when buffing for stat tests - noting that its very likely fastest to powerlevel until at least two of the stat tests are reduced to 1 adventure each. Looking at the skills and IOTMs you have available I think you'd want to powerlevel to at least 130 mainstat, possible up to 150-160.

You should be able to run a bit over 600% muscle buff for the HP test (sauce potions, deck muscle buff, power pill, smithsness, Bees Knees, etc) and if you're doing a 3 day or slower then you probably want to spend a green mana+louder than bomb to get over 900%.

So I am supposed to be actually leveling up instead of just focusing all my turns on high count CS tasks. Hell. Should I be doing it in Uncle Gator's, or somewhere else?

Also, I think it's highly unlikely that my friends and I will be able to get Song of Starch together. There's only a few of us still playing the game :(

How many amenities does the goonclan have? If someone could whitelist me as "zztmanthefifth" that would be great.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah, Uncle Gator's with a sombrero+loads of ML is really the best zone for powerlevelling. Puck-man is a decent alternative to sombrero too, since he can keep you buffed with power pills and pixel stars to increase the monster scaling and make combat easier.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Can anyone give me a some Normal CS Food/Booze pull advise for a really new multi that does not have access to the Clan VIP room?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nosthula posted:

Can anyone give me a some Normal CS Food/Booze pull advise for a really new multi that does not have access to the Clan VIP room?

How :effort: are you, cause you can always just build bagels/pastas for food, and then just pull cool poo poo like SHCs/Iced Teas/Corpse Drinks for Booze.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Toshimo posted:

How :effort: are you, cause you can always just build bagels/pastas for food, and then just pull cool poo poo like SHCs/Iced Teas/Corpse Drinks for Booze.

I dont mind effort or some cost, just need stuff that is effective for level 5-6 and gives the most bang for the buck for 5 pulls. Turngen is more important than reducing turncount for this guy.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, I really, really like the shrine to the barrel god. I've never had this many burritos, barrel guns, and other hilarious barrel-themed items before.

I also love the tiny barrel. Gives me so much good spleen items. Aw yeah, gimme those synthetic marrows

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Ack I burned out on this game again. How do I quickly expend my turns? I grow tired of clicking when grinding some area.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zephyrine posted:

Ack I burned out on this game again. How do I quickly expend my turns? I grow tired of clicking when grinding some area.

Do the new path. 11 clicks per run.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
How long does a HC run usually take? Of course, I have olfactory burnout HC permed. Anything else, besides advanced cock and pasta?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Get kolmafia and run the bumcheekascend script, it does most of the work. It's helped me out with the vast VAST majority of my 255

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
I just came back to the game after a few years off and I've been doing Ed the Undying runs, it cuts out a lot of bullshit.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I went Accordion Thief for my latest CS run. I can claim up to two skills from this one - I'm thinking Sonata of Sneakiness, for one, possibly, but I don't know what to do with the other. I'm open to suggestions.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I went Accordion Thief for my latest CS run. I can claim up to two skills from this one - I'm thinking Sonata of Sneakiness, for one, possibly, but I don't know what to do with the other. I'm open to suggestions.

Ode to Booze.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

You may want to update this: http://cheesellc.com/kol/profile.php?u=zztmanthefifth

Even so, are you spending a bunch of time Aftercore, because Sonata is a level 13 skill.

That said, Power Ballad isn't bad, but not mandatory (especially since you don't have Mariachi Memory).

For non-class skills, if you went Gnome, try Powers of Observatiogn. Asbestos Heart is also good for CS. Singer's Faithful Ocelot is also good.

Otherwise, you can just hold the karma over for another class where you need more stuff.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Toshimo posted:

You may want to update this: http://cheesellc.com/kol/profile.php?u=zztmanthefifth

Even so, are you spending a bunch of time Aftercore, because Sonata is a level 13 skill.

That said, Power Ballad isn't bad, but not mandatory (especially since you don't have Mariachi Memory).

For non-class skills, if you went Gnome, try Powers of Observatiogn. Asbestos Heart is also good for CS. Singer's Faithful Ocelot is also good.

Otherwise, you can just hold the karma over for another class where you need more stuff.

Just updated it, and yeah, I usually spend some time grinding up to level up for the skills I want. It doesn't take terribly long though.

Out of curiosity, is there a KoLMafia script for ascending CS, or does bumcheekascend cover that?

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
It's Tuesday, and

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Am I missing something here? Sonata is a great skill and the fact that it's so late-level is a very good reason to perm it. Or am I just misunderstanding.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
it's gonna be a pain in the rear end to get to level 13 to buy it in a community service run, is the problem

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Benly posted:

Am I missing something here? Sonata is a great skill and the fact that it's so late-level is a very good reason to perm it. Or am I just misunderstanding.

He said he's in a CS run. It's a pain in the rear end to get level 13 in a CS run in a timely fashion.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Toshimo posted:

He said he's in a CS run. It's a pain in the rear end to get level 13 in a CS run in a timely fashion.

Oh, okay. That makes more sense.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I already succeeded in my run; I can powerlevel with clovers now. That's why I'm asking.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Toshimo posted:

The fastest hardcore runs generally finish up around level 12 anyway. Taking a quick look at the SC boards it looks like they're generally around level 11. It still won't take very long to get to 13, you could probably fit any powerlevelling into a borrowed time pretty easily.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

hit button posted:

The fastest hardcore runs generally finish up around level 12 anyway. Taking a quick look at the SC boards it looks like they're generally around level 11. It still won't take very long to get to 13, you could probably fit any powerlevelling into a borrowed time pretty easily.

The hell? I usually finish my HC CS runs at, like, level 7... how are they managing 12-13 in run?

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

By powerlevelling.

hit button posted:

its very likely fastest to powerlevel until at least two of the stat tests are reduced to 1 adventure each.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

hit button posted:

Context.

http://cheesellc.com/kol/profile.php?u=zztmanthefifth

You really think he's getting to 11/12?

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I don't see why not? He has access to the best powerlevelling zone, and the only glaring omission is the lack of an uncapped spell to kill crazy uncle gator monsters.

Like I said in the earlier post I think he should be going for at least 130 mainstat, if not 150-160. That's more powerlevelling than I'm doing currently, but if you have fewer stat buffs then powerlevelling will provide positive turn benefits for longer.

hit button fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 23, 2015

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Ah, so how many mainstat XP per battle should I be expecting if I eventually take Saucegeyser or something similar and go nuts powerleveling in Uncle Gator's? I figure a cold Saucegeyser would be pretty effective.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Ah, so how many mainstat XP per battle should I be expecting if I eventually take Saucegeyser or something similar and go nuts powerleveling in Uncle Gator's? I figure a cold Saucegeyser would be pretty effective.

It depends how much ML you have available, and it ramps up as your mainstat increases. Probably a bit below 200 to start with, and up to around 400 toward the end.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

hit button posted:

It depends how much ML you have available, and it ramps up as your mainstat increases. Probably a bit below 200 to start with, and up to around 400 toward the end.

Alright... what's the best way to get +ML rolling in early HC CS without getting my rear end kicked? I know you automatically get the jump in Uncle Gator's, but I'm still worried about not being able to dish out enough damage.

E: Also I'm still open to suggestions regarding what two skills to HC perm from this AT run.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 23, 2015

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Alright... what's the best way to get +ML rolling in early HC CS without getting my rear end kicked? I know you automatically get the jump in Uncle Gator's, but I'm still worried about not being able to dish out enough damage.
Once you hit 50ML stuns and staggers will stop working, so you just want to spam the biggest attack you can (e.g. saucegeyser).
Buff stench resist, spell damage, mysticality and hp increases.
Pure muscle or moxie buffs are a bad idea if they're not your mainstat, since they increase monster HP/Attack.
Pure myst buffs are good, since they boost your spell damage without increasing any monster stats.
Getting your pixel star up and running early is a big help.
The bear monster is dangerous, since he can use physical attacks that aren't reduced by stench resist. If you can spare a banish for him, then that will be helpful.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

E: Also I'm still open to suggestions regarding what two skills to HC perm from this AT run.
I'd suggest Sonata and Ur-Kels. Asbestos Heart and Olfactory Burnout would both be helpful for CS, but not so useful in other paths.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Oh dear. I have to go back and do a real ascension after a dozen CS runs. I forgot how fiddly this all is.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

hit button posted:

Once you hit 50ML stuns and staggers will stop working, so you just want to spam the biggest attack you can (e.g. saucegeyser).
Buff stench resist, spell damage, mysticality and hp increases.
Pure muscle or moxie buffs are a bad idea if they're not your mainstat, since they increase monster HP/Attack.
Pure myst buffs are good, since they boost your spell damage without increasing any monster stats.
Getting your pixel star up and running early is a big help.
The bear monster is dangerous, since he can use physical attacks that aren't reduced by stench resist. If you can spare a banish for him, then that will be helpful.

I'd suggest Sonata and Ur-Kels. Asbestos Heart and Olfactory Burnout would both be helpful for CS, but not so useful in other paths.

Alright, I went and ground up those two skills... which class should I run next? Leaning towards Sauceror to maybe get Saucegeyser for powerleveling's sake, but I'm open to other options.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
On my accordion thief run, I permed Mariachi Memory. I like song stacking.

Edit: Is the Ghostly Pickle-on-a-stick any good as a familiar?

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 24, 2015

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Alright, I went and ground up those two skills... which class should I run next? Leaning towards Sauceror to maybe get Saucegeyser for powerleveling's sake, but I'm open to other options.
You can't go wrong with Sauceror. They're ridiculously better than other classes for HCCS, thanks to the increased sauce potion duration, and the tripled sauce potion perk. See the top 100 fastest runs for evidence of this. Personally I'm just chaining sauce runs and saving karma for when the current path isn't so class unbalanced.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Is the Ghostly Pickle-on-a-stick any good as a familiar?
Nah, use a barrrnacle or a gelatinous cubeling if you want a delevelling familiar.
It's decent if you have a Crown of Thrones/Buddy Bjorn though.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

hit button posted:

You can't go wrong with Sauceror. They're ridiculously better than other classes for HCCS, thanks to the increased sauce potion duration, and the tripled sauce potion perk. See the top 100 fastest runs for evidence of this. Personally I'm just chaining sauce runs and saving karma for when the current path isn't so class unbalanced.

Yeah, speaking of sauce potions, I was told the hippy stand was a good way to get fruits for potions in HC. What's the best way to get a boat to the Island? Should I just take Shore trips, or?

Alternatively, I ended up picking up a Chateau Mantegna room key - what's a good monster to take into a HC CS run?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Yeah, speaking of sauce potions, I was told the hippy stand was a good way to get fruits for potions in HC. What's the best way to get a boat to the Island? Should I just take Shore trips, or?

Alternatively, I ended up picking up a Chateau Mantegna room key - what's a good monster to take into a HC CS run?

If you don't have Puck-man (and maybe if you do), just do Shore Trips.

P sure Dairy Goat is best for painting.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah, just do the shore to unlock the island, even with a puck-man. Those yellow pixels are best used elsewhere. Another option is to not unlock the island at all, and yellow ray the fruit skeleton in the skeleton store. I'd only recommend that for sauceror though.

For the painting:
Dairy goat if +15 adventures a day will help you cut daycount.

Otherwise there are a bunch of other good options such as:
sk8 gnome - gives gr8ps for gr8tness potions (this is what I use for myst runs)
skeletal sommellier - gives gear for 75% booze drop, or 105% booze drop for accordion thieves (this is what I use for muscle or moxie runs)
sabre-toothed kiwi - gives a kiwi for 200% muscle potion, and a 25% booze drop weapon (I don't use this one, but its an interesting option for myst classes if your muscle buffs are going to be >200% behind moxie and myst)

Congrats on picking up what I'd rate as the best IOTM ever. Eat a sleeping dog day 1, pick up the Disco Bandit free rests ASAP, and laugh at the utterly ridiculous amount of stats you get from it.

Oh and sauceror gets a 300% moxie potion from the juice bar on day 2, enjoy.

hit button fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 24, 2015

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Huh, someone gave me 100 vinegars and ghost pickles...TIME TO GET SOME DILL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

hit button posted:

Congrats on picking up what I'd rate as the best IOTM ever. Eat a sleeping dog day 1, pick up the Disco Bandit free rests ASAP, and laugh at the utterly ridiculous amount of stats you get from it.

Oh and sauceror gets a 300% moxie potion from the juice bar on day 2, enjoy.

My clan doesn't have a hot dog stand. I've been asking for a goonclan whitelist for a few days, but no luck there :geno: