Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Penguissimo posted:

security aside, the city apparently plans to shut down huge swaths of the transportation network and has no plan to deal with the logistical clusterfuck that will inevitably result so it's possible the trucks just wouldn't be able to get where they needed to go anyway

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
why would you go anywhere when the pope is in town?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i have no idea if my 6s will actually get to me on friday and i have no pope to blame

still hasn't said it's shipped yet (just the 9/25-9/29 window) even though i ordered it about 45 minutes after pre-orders opened up. idk but it would be nice to have it friday instead of next tuesday

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Kenny Logins posted:

i have no idea if my 6s will actually get to me on friday and i have no pope to blame

still hasn't said it's shipped yet (just the 9/25-9/29 window) even though i ordered it about 45 minutes after pre-orders opened up. idk but it would be nice to have it friday instead of next tuesday
same except 5 minutes after pre-orders opened

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i guess mine now says "preparing for shipment" and disallows cancelling the order which seems like a good sign

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

so i was gonna sell my 16gb 5 on ebay but i just got an offer from verizon to "recycle" for a $200 acct credit. my 5 is in decent shape but it's a refurb from asurion, has a couple small scratches and there's some purple blotch on the camera that i can't get rid of. looks like 5's are going for a little under $200 new on ebay. should i do the verizon thing ???????????

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

my Air 2 arrives today :smugmrgw:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Puppy Galaxy posted:

so i was gonna sell my 16gb 5 on ebay but i just got an offer from verizon to "recycle" for a $200 acct credit. my 5 is in decent shape but it's a refurb from asurion, has a couple small scratches and there's some purple blotch on the camera that i can't get rid of. looks like 5's are going for a little under $200 new on ebay. should i do the verizon thing ???????????

assuming you're staying with verizon, it's way less hassle imo. you'll be coming out ahead for sure

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Kenny Logins posted:

i guess mine now says "preparing for shipment" and disallows cancelling the order which seems like a good sign
oh it now says that for me too

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Puppy Galaxy posted:

instead of giving verizon loving anything donate your old phone to a womens shelter and go on with your life

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ios9 made my 5s freaking slow as h*ck, it sucks

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

ios9 made my 5s freaking slow as h*ck, it sucks

works for me

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

your animations dont get stuck halfway now? when you swipe on a messenger notification and use your thumbprint to unlock it doesnt get stuck halfway between the lockscreen and numpad? your homescreens dont get stuck half an icon into the next screen, disabling all attempts to select an app? the new old search screen doesnt take forever to populate with news and all that poo poo before you can actually search with it? im jealous of your functional phone

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

your animations dont get stuck halfway now? when you swipe on a messenger notification and use your thumbprint to unlock it doesnt get stuck halfway between the lockscreen and numpad? your homescreens dont get stuck half an icon into the next screen, disabling all attempts to select an app? the new old search screen doesnt take forever to populate with news and all that poo poo before you can actually search with it? im jealous of your functional phone
nothing like that on my 5s. if you haven't already i'd consider doing a full-rear end factory reset. can't make things any worse by the sound of it

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

Sounds like you're holding it wrong. Smartphones have issues.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

nope. none of this

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

I found this instructional video on using your phone properly
https://youtu.be/xqSLZ1jqhFQ

Don't think there have been any other issues with the iPhone than this

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

nothing like that on my 5s. if you haven't already i'd consider doing a full-rear end factory reset. can't make things any worse by the sound of it

yeah, i think i'll give that a try

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Millstone posted:

I found this instructional video on using your phone properly
https://youtu.be/xqSLZ1jqhFQ

Don't think there have been any other issues with the iPhone than this

Here's an issue: It bends with normal use.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i just got my 6s case in from amazon and it appears to have a bit of a convexity to it

in other words, arrived pre-bent

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
otherwise it wouldn't fit the phone which has bent with normal use.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Smythe posted:

Here's an issue: It bends with normal use.

You will find Apple Computer Inc. released a video refuting this claim. I suggest u re evaluate your position

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no they didn't.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
mmm yes, if u consider putting the phone in some vice grips and a press normal use then 'okay'

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
watchOS 2 is out restart steam

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yes, let me get a minor update to a bad product

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
does watchos 2 ship with a use case for the iwatch?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh right, I just remembered the watch existed. lol

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
installed iOS9

no issues except in the awful app

and no Adblock.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
the watch is small

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it's bad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i mean, it is prob the best smartwatch, but tallest midget, etc.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I'm still seeing ads when I click links in Twitter wtf, purify

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that's twitter's fault for using webview instead of safariview, not purify.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Endless Mike posted:

i mean, it is prob the best smartwatch, but tallest midget, etc.

smartwatch havers are stupid

i know maybe 1 person with an applewatch and they like it, but all the people ive met with those anroid ones or a stupid pebble like theirs too

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
remember smart glasses?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

apple has hosed up 3 launches in one year now,  Watch, Macbook Retina and now iPhone 6S

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/21/no-walk-in-iphone-6s-sales-scalpers/

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

PleasureKevin posted:

apple has hosed up 3 launches in one year now,  Watch, Macbook Retina and now iPhone 6S

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/21/no-walk-in-iphone-6s-sales-scalpers/

Finally, now they just need to make it nationwide and cut off the Chinese mafia once and for all.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"hosed up"? they've raised the bar by doing away with the idiotic "tradition" of camping out in mall parking lots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a tradition that people loved and made for headlines

apple aren't makin people happy anymore, it's realy only people being "how can you not love what they do" without actually realised they've traded in an ideal and a vision for "what makes sense"

• Locked thread