Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Because he is a really bad candidate for President. I enjoyed when he had different stances on immigration 4 days in a row.

It was kinda hard for me to articulate why he wasn't going to make it; usually it led to me saying something like "he's going to get torn apart when one of the Koch brothers does not have his hand directly up his rear end working his mouth like a puppet" (Empty Suit) or "America is not ready for its first Simple president" (Guys I'm sorry he's just Too Dumb).

I mean I figured he'd hold it together for a while longer, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Monkey Fracas posted:

Wow holy hell was not expecting that at this stage. Any ideas on why he was polling so low?

Bad at politics

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
jeb is the next to drop out

he'll pull a romney "47%" one of these days

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Winkie01 posted:

Walker is dropping out

:byewhore:

Hoooooooooly poo poo yes. Get hosed you goddamn derpface-looking, Reagan-cosplaying Koch brothers puppet.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 21, 2015

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

stoutfish posted:

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/21/9366669/jeb-bush-should-drop-out

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

Wow holy hell was not expecting that at this stage. Any ideas on why he was polling so low?

He's a dumb loving idiot baby shithead turdslurping buttmunch who should just loving kill himself.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

stoutfish posted:

"he kept us safe"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah I think Jeb is not long for this campaign now.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
It's gonna come down to Trump, Rubio and Fiorina isn't it?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

radical meme posted:

Quoting myself from 2 pages back to reinforce the idea that I am an idiot and this election season is great.

Don't feel bad, I think all of us were floored by it. In theory Walker looks like the perfect GOP candidate...in theory.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Who gets all the Koch money now?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
This is the greatest achievement of the Hillary campaign to date:

https://www.gawker.com/pharmaceutical-greed-villain-martin-shkreli-will-fight-1732104723

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
With any luck Walker being shown to be a drooling idiot on national TV multiple times will shake things up in Wisconsin. Then again I don't know if the D party has much of a competent machine in place there- the recall was pathetic.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TheTatteredKing posted:

Yeah I think Jeb is not long for this campaign now.

I dunno--if I had to pick the next one it'd be one of the kiddie table entrants--Jindal, Santorum, Pataki, or Graham.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Here lies scott

peperony and chease

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Walker has a history of quitting early if it looks like he won't win.

Rocks posted:

I want to know Joementum's hot take on what will happen now that Walker is out. Is Trump still a 0% chance of winning the nomination?

Yes! In fact, this makes it even less likely that Trump will get delegates. Any winnowing of the field is to the disadvantage of Trump.

Jeb! and Rubio are already reported to be scooping up Walker donors and staff, which is to be expected. It'll be interesting to see if any of the second tier candidates get hot coming out of this.

But in the end, this is another data point to suggest that the normal rules of primary campaign are still in force. Walker ran out of resources and had to drop out despite vast Super PAC funding.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Alter Ego posted:

I dunno--if I had to pick the next one it'd be one of the kiddie table entrants--Jindal, Santorum, Pataki, or Graham.

I think Graham will be in it to the convention. I think he's powered entirely by hate at this point, and his hate will not be contained.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I still don't understand how this man's hair works. I don't get it. It just doesn't seem possible. Like, I accept that it's actually his hair, but what the gently caress sort of non-Euclidean geometry is going on there?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Just last week Nate Silver was saying that Walker was underpriced and a sure buy on the betting markets and that Walker's poor numbers didn't mean anything.

This is going to be a rough cycle for Nate Silver.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, “The nice part about my campaign is that my money people will always be ready, 100 percent ready. My money person is me.” ~ Donald Trump.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rocks posted:

I want to know Joementum's hot take on what will happen now that Walker is out. Is Trump still a 0% chance of winning the nomination?

How does Scott's demise effect Trump? Do the fates of Pataki and Gillmore also hold sway over Donald's?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Where's the live stream? I need to watch the moment his heart explodes.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

a shameful boehner posted:

It's gonna come down to Trump, Rubio and Fiorina isn't it?
No. Fiorina is this month's Carson. And Trump isn't trying to be the nominee.

You're also forgetting Bush, with his hundreds of millions of dollars, and Kasich, with him being a sort of compromise candidate.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Harrow posted:

I still don't understand how this man's hair works. I don't get it. It just doesn't seem possible. Like, I accept that it's actually his hair, but what the gently caress sort of non-Euclidean geometry is going on there?

Trump's head is actually a gom jabbar, a box which contains psychic pain and harrowing. boxes are cube-shaped.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Monkey Fracas posted:

Scott Walker building his campaign on union busting when our economy is very obviously doing fine probably wasn't doing him any favors. What's the argument, Scott? That Labor Unions are keeping wages low in the half of the country that runs right to work laws? :shrug: I guess he just wasn't ready to run a presidential campaign during a strong economy.

I bet there's some really pissed off donors right now

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm so glad that Scott Walker is loving dead.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Honestly question, is lynching totally out of the picture for this mother fucker? Because it's rare I get this angry at something in the Internet.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Then again I don't know if the D party has much of a competent machine in place there- the recall was pathetic.

We don't.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Found a supposed livestream, but I guess the press conference got moved back a half hour?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coYnv_WhK6A NOPE

edit: This works from Joementum: http://www.c-span.org/video/?328259-1/governor-scott-walker-rwi-end-presidential-campaign&live

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 21, 2015

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm so glad that Scott Walker is loving dead.

I'm sorry to inform you of this, but he's just dropping out of the presidential campaign, and is not in fact actually dead. :(

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Scott Walker drops out of own concession speech

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
http://www.c-span.org/video/?328259-1/governor-scott-walker-rwi-end-presidential-campaign&live

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Holy poo poo that gif of this sociopath in the comments.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

With any luck Walker being shown to be a drooling idiot on national TV multiple times will shake things up in Wisconsin. Then again I don't know if the D party has much of a competent machine in place there- the recall was pathetic.

Due to the Wisconsin Democratic Party's incompetence, Scott Walker will be governor of the state for life.

I wish I was more than half kidding. :smith:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Welcome, Scott Walker avatars, to the exclusive club of your posts appearing next to a picture of a terrible lovely borderline retard who will never, ever be president.

Walker was the one I was most worried about because it seemed like he had a shot. Best news I've heard all day :allears:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Caros posted:

Honestly question, is lynching totally out of the picture for this mother fucker? Because it's rare I get this angry at something in the Internet.

His investors are going to be fleeing in droves because this just looks terrible and destroys their reputation if they're ever tainted by the merest association. On top of that, the last company he was "CEO" of is suing him for mega millions and is likely to prevail because he is really really lovely at covering his tracks. Failing that, making medicine for AIDS patients 4000x more expensive is a surefire way to piss off someone who has nothing to lose and access to a gun.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Where is he giving his speech , an empty class room

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Thank you, this one is actually live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009