Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

AlphaKretin posted:

Am I imagining things or do Arid Grineer do more damage? Enemies on Phobos kill me way faster than they seem they ought to.

E: I'm not actually dying to things on Phobos just my health disappears in a snap if I'm not using Turbulence or Iron Skin.

There are Eviscerators on Phobos, and their Miters don't suck - they do a pretty significant slash proc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

hooah posted:

There are Eviscerators on Phobos, and their Miters don't suck - they do a pretty significant slash proc.

Maybe if you could stack status chance on the Miter to the point you could get the proc version of red crits and bleed enemies to death that way... I want to see red status procs.

Orabilis fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 21, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What does hacking a bursa even do? I mostly just jumped over them and blasted them in the back with my Hek.

Do blast akboltos send enemies flying? I have the kulstar, but my favorite thing in this game right now is launching people at escape velocity with my blast Hek and jat kittag. And I would like a secondary with decent ammo to go with my constantly reloading Hek.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Is there any way to replay the parkour 2.0 tutorial? I keep failing a specific wall jump for the level 8 mastery test :(:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Xun posted:

Is there any way to replay the parkour 2.0 tutorial? I keep failing a specific wall jump for the level 8 mastery test :(:

Pretty sure you can in the codex but with bullet jumps wall jumping is completely unnecessary for the MR8 test, unless Nyx is lighter than average (as that's who I used)

E: I'm assuming you know but just in case you can practice tests in Simaris' portion of the relay.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What does hacking a bursa even do? I mostly just jumped over them and blasted them in the back with my Hek.
It just disables them.

It would be cool if it turned them friendly for a time, or made them run towards the nearest group of enemies and explode or something, but it just sits there looking dumb.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
So, happened to get Tempo Royale from a bursa during the 25 core mission today.

:dance:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Black_Oni 165 posted:

So, happened to get Tempo Royale from a bursa during the 25 core mission today.

:dance:
Sell it for mad plat.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
How much though? 200P or more?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

Good advice

Thanks! Didn't know about the practice thing.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is tempo royale that valuable? I got one, too. One of the pubs I was with got his second one that day...

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It's worth 200P or so at the moment, if I recall.

I'm looking for Vermilion Storm myself.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Is tempo royale that valuable? I got one, too. One of the pubs I was with got his second one that day...

They're a rare that drops from a rare enemy. That's rare squared.

And they can't be transmuted, which is how I get most of my rares.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Shadowed Bacon posted:

They're a rare that drops from a rare enemy. That's rare squared.

And they can't be transmuted, which is how I get most of my rares.

And previously, it was only from a PITA tac alert as well. So add another square.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Black_Oni 165 posted:

And previously, it was only from a PITA tac alert as well. So add another square.

Very correct. The only time I ever saw one before this event was on an infested invasion so I couldn't even kill it. It might be the most impossible to acquire mod that drops from a mob, except for Astral Twilight, Which drops from one of the other Bursas that didn't show up for this event.

I've noticed Clem around the Relays now, couple of times hanging with Darvo and once as the Steel Meridian medallion collector.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A lot of my "DE :argh:" poo poo is just generic complaining, but the Clem Clone blueprint not being reusable legitimately annoys me. Why is it so bad to let us shoot poo poo up with Clem? :smith:

LostEnder
Jul 3, 2012

Because that would be unbalancing for all the other specters, clearly a key game mechanic. Besides, if you hang on to it long enough it'll become rare! Woo!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
We need a Clem Syndicate that sells Clem specters.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I would immediately drop everything else to rank up with Clem-Grakata as quickly as possible.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Bussamove posted:

I would immediately drop everything else to rank up with Clem-Grakata as quickly as possible.

Clem Grakata, Clem Twin Grakata, Clem Syandana.

Sign me the gently caress up

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I can see the weapon mods now...

+80% MULTISHOT
+ 1 'CLEM'

All three are for the Twin Grakatas. Curious players equip it only to find out that the proc causes the weapon to occasionally fire a roller along with normal bullets. This immediately leads to a four-Mirage team firing off forty Grakata's worth of rollers in a defense mission, which brings the server to a screeching halt. When they come back online, the orokin void has been replaced with a giant roller on the navigation screen. Welcome to 17.5

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Ok, lore question. Are the Tenno in a human form in the Warframes, or not? The reason I am asking is, all but the latest couple of Warframes have a very normal proportioned appearance. Chroma was a bit off, but this new Atlas frame looks like some kind of alien, zombie, morphed thing, I don't know.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Tenno are either the mutilated remains of the unfortunates that came back from the void alive, or the ghosts of said unfortunates. There's not actually a dude-shaped dude inside your dude.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

DoombatINC posted:

Tenno are either the mutilated remains of the unfortunates that came back from the void alive, or the ghosts of said unfortunates. There's not actually a dude-shaped dude inside your dude.

I'm still sticking with my "Tiny humans piloting Giant Warframes against everything else Zentradi sized" theory. :colbert:

(And the plot twist is the tiny humans forgot they were actually piloting them)

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 22, 2015

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Void ghosts sounds likely, but then there's the awkward fact that warframes apparently require oxygen to survive. I guess you could spin that as the frames themselves being semi-organic and requiring oxygen, but that feels weak given most of them are wearing masks. Personally I think they are piloted by some sort of hosed up jellyfish looking thing, just a brain and a bunch of nerve endings squashed into whatever frame is required.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

^^^^
Maybe the suits breathe through the skin.

Tenno are just wisps piloting biomechanical bondage gear. Energy is just another name for ectoplasm.

Oh wait guys guys guys.
Hear me out.
What if
What if like Tenno are like

What if they're actually Daleks?

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 22, 2015

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Tenno are actually parasites with magic powers WHOOOOOOOOO lust for revenge against their former masters. Also they breathe through their skin and subsist on photosynthisis and copious amounts of burgers.

This is why Loki can turn invisible.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Cicadalek posted:

Void ghosts sounds likely, but then there's the awkward fact that warframes apparently require oxygen to survive. I guess you could spin that as the frames themselves being semi-organic and requiring oxygen, but that feels weak given most of them are wearing masks. Personally I think they are piloted by some sort of hosed up jellyfish looking thing, just a brain and a bunch of nerve endings squashed into whatever frame is required.

Nowhere in the game does it explicitly state that tenno need oxygen. If you derive this inference from how survival missions work, you don't immediately die when you stay in a survival mission too long, you bottom out at 5 HP and don't die.

Whether or not that's game mechanics as opposed to lore is a question that only DE can answer, but I think it's safe to say that given how the "life support" in question is never specified as being oxygen, whatever it is, is not explicitly necessary to survival, but necessary to not shut down and go into torpor.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

I read that DE has an idea or concept arts of what the Tenno in each frames look like, and may one day show it.

Regarding survival missions, I did one the other day where Lotus mentioned that they were pumping in toxins after you start it. I did not remember hearing it before (I just came back to Warframe after a long break though).

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Weissritter posted:

I read that DE has an idea or concept arts of what the Tenno in each frames look like, and may one day show it.

Regarding survival missions, I did one the other day where Lotus mentioned that they were pumping in toxins after you start it. I did not remember hearing it before (I just came back to Warframe after a long break though).

She says that if you're doing a survival mission with infested in it, since the idea of infested carrying out complex orders like that is even more absurd than survival missions on earth.

Almost nobody plays infested survivals outside of derelicts and alerts because the only place infested control is Eris and gently caress THAT.

Edit: Or any survival mission that doesn't drop prime parts but still.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 22, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

She says that if you're doing a survival mission with infested in it, since the idea of infested carrying out complex orders like that is even more absurd than survival missions on earth.

Infested interception missions (which I think can only happen via alerts etc) are hilarious because Lotus is all "kill the survivors before they can report the details of this subterfuge back to their commanding officers" as though their thoughts on the subject go beyond "did not eat ouchie-robot :("

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They are not ghosts god drat it :argh: They're poor mutated sons of bitches who survived the screaming hellscape of the void and now live in suits that augment said mutations. The genderswapping with switching frames around is one of those things you're supposed to accept as a resonable break from reality. Using a medkit in other games and immediately being healed isn't realistic, either, but we ignore it because waiting forever for our poo poo to get unfucked is bad and boring and the people who want that level of realism are bad and should feel bad.

Half the reason it's even a debate is because DE can't make up their goddamn minds about what direction the lore is going. I blame Steve.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 22, 2015

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
fukkin steve

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Tenno are actually parasites with magic powers WHOOOOOOOOO lust for revenge against their former masters. Also they breathe through their skin and subsist on photosynthisis and copious amounts of burgers.

This is why Loki can turn invisible.

Hahah I just got Code Talker's burger chat too. :v:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Nowhere in the game does it explicitly state that tenno need oxygen. If you derive this inference from how survival missions work, you don't immediately die when you stay in a survival mission too long, you bottom out at 5 HP and don't die.

Whether or not that's game mechanics as opposed to lore is a question that only DE can answer, but I think it's safe to say that given how the "life support" in question is never specified as being oxygen, whatever it is, is not explicitly necessary to survival, but necessary to not shut down and go into torpor.

On the other hand you have enough of a meat body for Vor's brain control thing to work, the spine being specifically mentioned.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
If you read rhino and ember prime it kind of leads to the orokin sending a vessel into the void, then it came back, and when people went to go check it out there was no one there oooo spooky, but then they went to the brig and found a bunch of kids and the lady in embers story went to help her and got her face engulfed in flames and face melted lady was like "why the heck did you send kids :(" and the lady doing the interview was like "we didn't, that would be unethical :troll:"

Also rhino is a cannibal who charges through random dudes and then stuffs his face with their guts

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Weissritter posted:

Also happens any time you do a survival planetside. Because this never made any sense:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 22, 2015

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Cicadalek posted:

They can also bleed. It's likely that the warframe itself is semi-living so it cannot survive or functional optimally in non-supportive environment. Also, they're likely not to have a head, further supported by the latest warframe being headless. The fake head is there as some sort on control unit and maybe booster for the warframe (thus we could install arcanes on it but not on the warframe). A bunch of the warframe's helmet cannot fit a normal human head: Limbo helmets, Excal Avalon, Frost Squall are missing the top part of a human skull. Ash Prime standard helmet also cannot fit a human jaw.

I think I'd find it to be cool if the Tenno ended up as some sort of energy being, somewhat humanoid, like living golden electricity. Like what Vor is turning into. That could also paved a way for a future boss fight: Vor inside a Grineer made, gigantic warframe.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kyte posted:

On the other hand you have enough of a meat body for Vor's brain control thing to work, the spine being specifically mentioned.

My personal theory is that you're one part human + one part Technocyte virus that forked to become symbiotic rather than malignant, left to evolve for a hojillion years or so, with one part Void, and one part Orokin tech. Whether or not the result of that is a ghost, an energy-based lifeform, or a gigantic pile of nanomachines that need the suits to give them form, I don't know, but I'm 99.5% certain that whatever is inside is alive, and the suit is alive but a distinct entity, and they're symbiotic.

The devs have repeatedly dropped hints that this game exists in the same timeline as DE's previous game Dark Sector, and that the Tenno derive their name from the main character's name, Hayden Tenno. http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Hayden_Tenno

(Excalibur Proto-Armor is basically a texture rip from Dark Sector. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur_Proto-Armor_Skin)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Hayden Tenno is the worst loving name ever. Even when compared to the likes of Edge Maverick and Aiden Pierce.