Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
lol blades

I hit my cavity backs juuuust fine thanks :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Oh I dropped a few strokes off my handicap when I went away from blades. I just like the look of them.

Using these at the moment:

I'd be stupid to change again, just think they're sexy.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Halo14 posted:

I'd be stupid to change again, just think they're sexy.

They definitely are that, can't fault you there :)

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
These will be my next set.

It's actually a MB/CB combo set. 3-6 CB, 7-PW MB.

I'm sure I'll strip the orange off, but the rest... So sexy. :gizz:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yall posting some sick looking clubs ITT lately :stare:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

In actual golf news, I'm probably gonna play the University of Georgia golf course today, $26 on GolfNow and top 10 college course! 7258 yds and 75.1/139 from the Bulldog tees. :getin:

edit: Welp, I held off on booking the tee time for some reason and now it's gone. No golf today? :smith:

edit2: Guess I'll play The Georgia Club. We'll see if it's as hoity toity as it sounds.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 21, 2015

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Since I worked 13 hours yesterday I'm taking today off and golfing. Thank you hot deal + $10 off hot deal coupon for making my round cost only $6! Playing a nice course, some decent elevation changes and is usually is good condition. Tee time is 12:30, and thankfully it's finally starting to be not super hot here in florida so I'm not going to die out there.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Homage has a Bushwood Country Club shirt now and it's great, even if they give the joke away by putting "Caddyshack" underneath it.

$32 is too much but they have sales pretty often.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It's a shame all the local courses that were on GolfNow last year hated it and aren't participating any more. They all had issues with GolfNow booking too many people in a time slot, booking time slots they weren't supposed to, etc. I got to play several courses for $10-18 and this year it's been a lot more monotonous just playing my home course and a handful of rounds elsewhere. Thankfully the fall specials are starting so I'll be able to mix it up a bit over the next month.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So that $6 round turned out pretty awesome. There was really no one else on the course just another single in front of my so it only took me 2:15 to play! Found out at the course that there is an issue with Golfshot and ios9 apparently so it was crashing anytime I hit start round, played without it all round and still had an awesome round, 76! Here's my score card in golf logix until golfshot is working.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mattfl posted:

So that $6 round turned out pretty awesome. There was really no one else on the course just another single in front of my so it only took me 2:15 to play! Found out at the course that there is an issue with Golfshot and ios9 apparently so it was crashing anytime I hit start round, played without it all round and still had an awesome round, 76! Here's my score card in golf logix until golfshot is working.

Holy poo poo I'd kill to knock out 18 in 2 hours :stare: Were you like running to your ball or something

Also Golfshot had a big update for me yesterday on Android so maybe check if yours needs to.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DJExile posted:

Holy poo poo I'd kill to knock out 18 in 2 hours :stare: Were you like running to your ball or something

Also Golfshot had a big update for me yesterday on Android so maybe check if yours needs to.

The iOS update is still making its way through apple apparently.

Riding in a cart makes the round go a little faster, plus even the fairways I didn't hit I was mostly in the secondary rough right off the fairway. Used the same ball all round too!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mattfl posted:

Used the same ball all round too!

hahaha that owns. I'd be more excited about having a round like that than if I broke 80

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DJExile posted:

hahaha that owns. I'd be more excited about having a round like that than if I broke 80

I've been playing Nike rzn blacks my past few rounds, even using the volt color because why the gently caress not lol. Ball held up really good, no really bad cuts on it or anything even though I had quite a few wedges into the green that I spun pretty good, could still use it for another round.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

In actual golf news, I'm probably gonna play the University of Georgia golf course today, $26 on GolfNow and top 10 college course! 7258 yds and 75.1/139 from the Bulldog tees. :getin:

edit: Welp, I held off on booking the tee time for some reason and now it's gone. No golf today? :smith:

edit2: Guess I'll play The Georgia Club. We'll see if it's as hoity toity as it sounds.
The Georgia Club is hoity toity but the course is boring as gently caress. Literally the most boring layout you could think of. Their membership initiation used to be $17,000 but now it's $1,000 and they advertise in the local paper.

I got paired with a hacker who topped his 1st tee shot AND the mulligan. Scraped out +2 on the front as I tried to avert my eyes every time he swung.

On the back, we got stuck behind 2 couples that looked like Paula Deen with one foot in the grave, so a 3 hour round turned into a 4 hour one. No idea what I shot on the back, but I hit some good shots.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

EnsGDT posted:

Hey are any of you guys in the Atlanta area, cause I might have a film shoot coming there that needs Amateur golfers to hit balls against a pro :)

I could do it! Josh Lyman and I are certified Atlanta residents.

Josh Lyman posted:

The Georgia Club is hoity toity but the course is boring as gently caress. Literally the most boring layout you could think of. Their membership initiation used to be $17,000 but now it's $1,000 and they advertise in the local paper.

I got paired with a hacker who topped his 1st tee shot AND the mulligan. Scraped out +2 on the front as I tried to avert my eyes every time he swung.

On the back, we got stuck behind 2 couples that looked like Paula Deen with one foot in the grave, so a 3 hour round turned into a 4 hour one. No idea what I shot on the back, but I hit some good shots.

Sucks about your pairing. Good to know that the course is boring. It was on my list to play.

Locked down a round at Peachtree this Sunday :smug: That course is so grade A it's ridiculous.

Also, I'm biting the bullet and joining a club. After looking around for a while, I decided to go with Ansley Golf Club. Their championship track (Settindown Creek) is so loving hard. I think it's rated 77.9 or something from 7300. Settindown does not allow recovery, just pars, birdies, or doubles.

Maybe I'll get into Peachtree in 25 years.

Omerta fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 22, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Omerta posted:

Also, I'm biting the bullet and joining a club. After looking around for a while, I decided to go with Ansley Golf Club. Their championship track (Settindown Creek) is so loving hard. I think it's rated 77.9 or something from 7300. Settindown does not allow recovery, just pars, birdies, or doubles.
I remember watching Morgan Pressel win her US Amateur at Ansley on TV. Looked like a nice track.

In other nice track news, I got a $22 round at St. Marlo Country Club which I have only heard good things about. 6923 yds, 73.7/140 from the tips. There's a chance of rain late morning and my tee time is early afternoon, so hopefully the course won't be busy.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 22, 2015

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

Josh Lyman posted:

I remember watching Morgan Pressel win her US Amateur at Ansley on TV. Looked like a nice track.

In other nice track news, I got a $22 round at St. Marlo Country Club which I have only heard good things about. 6923 yds, 73.7/140 from the tips. There's a chance of rain late morning and my tee time is early afternoon, so hopefully the course won't be busy.

St. Marlo is supposed to be great.

Yeah, my girlfriend played in that U.S. Am. I'll get you out to Ansley after I get in.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Golf season is just about over and my work schedule has picked back up. I might be lucky to get 1 or 2 more rounds in at this point. 25 rounds this summer so far though, the most Ive played in 20 years. :unsmith:

Unfortunately I doubt it will happen again next summer, its just too drat expensive. :smith:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm in a foursome with a 70 year old who plays even slower than you can imagine, but we're stuck behind 2 threesomes so I don't think I can split off and play ahead.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm in a foursome with a 70 year old who plays even slower than you can imagine, but we're stuck behind 2 threesomes so I don't think I can split off and play ahead.

I usually play with three or four 60-70 year old guys, and not only are they lightning quick, but they beat the poo poo out of me up and down the golf course every Sunday haha. Sorry your old guys are slow.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

EnsGDT posted:

I usually play with three or four 60-70 year old guys, and not only are they lightning quick, but they beat the poo poo out of me up and down the golf course every Sunday haha. Sorry your old guys are slow.
Yeah, old guys don't have to be slow, but this guy even moves slow, like he has molasses in his veins.

At least the course is nice and the weather is decent.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

EnsGDT posted:

Yeah old dudes will be out for blood, they got nothing else to do in retirement but play, and they will own your rear end if you're not careful

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Only down side of playing with all old dudes is that I wanna golf and they're all hurt from playing all summer. The weather is finally starting to get tolerable in LA!

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I am trying to find a structured program to go from shooting ~100 (102 is my best score) with an extremely inconsistent long game to at least 90 by year end. I cannot not really find any structured lesson plan except this http://www.amazon.com/TOURAcademy-Edition-8-Week-Improvement-Program/dp/B0093H1XQQ which looks intriguing. Does anyone know about this? $110 bucks is a lot of money but if it will really give me a structured program I can afford it. Golf is expensive anyways. I have a driving range quality mat and a practice net in my back yard if that makes a difference. I can make the range 3 times a week if necessary, which I think is what this program wants.

I took a couple of lessons with a coach over the last 3 months (5 group lessons for Get Golf Ready + 3 30 minute lessons with 1 more when we can schedule it) but he is a high school golf coach and really hard to schedule now that school is back.I googled around and on some golf forums this DVD course seems pretty well respected. Have any of you heard of it?

I was hesitant to try to learn anything off a golf DVD, but I got the Phil Mickelson short game DVD for 10 bucks and learned how to chip off it. I went from all over the place to getting within 10 feet of the hole almost anytime I am within 20 yards of the green, which is a massive improvement in 3 weeks and 4 total practice sessions. The DVD helped big time.

Side note: I am surprised there aren't 100 hits on google for something like "8 week beginner golf plan." The only thing is a page on golf.com with nothing but dead links. If I was good at golf instruction I'd create an online course for this right away. There are probably 10 different golf workout plans but nothing for the game itself. I know youtube has 10 million helpful videos, but a site or .pdf outlining 3 1 hour sessions a week, with a short video for each session, would be awesome. Well, there is my business idea of the day.

edit

I read a good amount of this thread and I think I am sold http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?47375-PGA-Tour-Academy-Home-Edition-THP-Preview unless anyone has something bad to say about it.

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 24, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

A modern update to the Titleist 680? Yes please.

(In 2 years when I can get a set for $350 on Ebay :negative: )

Dat leading edge grind :gizz:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
^^ Beautiful. Also very expensive.

I've recently started using Instagram and after subscribing to PGATour I came across The Oven by Nike - their R&D . Some cool stuff but I love these irons:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Halo14 posted:

^^ Beautiful. Also very expensive.

I've recently started using Instagram and after subscribing to PGATour I came across The Oven by Nike - their R&D . Some cool stuff but I love these irons:

I tried to buy a set of those last year but they sold out in like the first couple minutes and I couldn't load the order on their website.

That photo is from a guy on GolfWRX who seems to have an unlimited golf budget. I think he imports wine or something.

The MMProto is the exact same head as the Vapor Pro blades, just with a different (and IMO better) paint finish.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 25, 2015

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Some seriously sexy sticks either already out or on the horizon. What a great time to be in golf.

Also, what a terrible time for my bank account.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I'm gonna be needing a new driver here soon, that new M1 looks and sounds amazing but no way I'm dropping probably $500 on it brand new, I'll wait 3 months until TM comes out with their next version for it to drop to $2-300.

3 wood is ok I guess.

I could use some new hybrids, mine are getting on in age now.

Irons, well I just my Mizunos last year, custom fit and everything and I can't see myself getting rid of them anytime soon since they work so well for me.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Other than my 3hy and maybe my putter I'm pretty happy with my clubs. I'm looking for good deals on a new Ogio bag though, hopefully that's my only golf purchase for a while. I'm starting to look into memberships for next year since my 2 year membership expires and I'm also hoping to play more tournaments and a few leagues.

The M1 does seem pretty nice though, it's getting rave reviews everywhere I look.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I managed to lose my towel when I played on Wednesday. It's an old school Titleist towel from like 1999 and has sentimental value. I originally put my bag on one cart, then moved it to the adjacent cart because it had newer tires. This was no more than 15 min before teeing off, and I noticed my missing towel after my second shot on 1.

I waited for a while after I finished my round and the towel was never turned in. loving savages. :argh:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

mattfl posted:

I'm gonna be needing a new driver here soon, that new M1 looks and sounds amazing but no way I'm dropping probably $500 on it brand new, I'll wait 3 months until TM comes out with their next version for it to drop to $2-300.

3 wood is ok I guess.

I could use some new hybrids, mine are getting on in age now.

Irons, well I just my Mizunos last year, custom fit and everything and I can't see myself getting rid of them anytime soon since they work so well for me.

Aeoroburner FTW.......filthy long but you gotta like no adjustments and a bonded shaft. My buddy just grabbed one so I've been testing it occasionally.

I'm going for a Great Big Berffa in a few months - but for now I'm sticking with the 2 Xhot heads I have in 9.5 and 11.5 and various shafts. Current gamer is the 9.5 with a Mitsu Kai'li 60s.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Keyser S0ze posted:

Aeoroburner FTW.......filthy long but you gotta like no adjustments and a bonded shaft. My buddy just grabbed one so I've been testing it occasionally.

I'm going for a Great Big Berffa in a few months - but for now I'm sticking with the 2 Xhot heads I have in 9.5 and 11.5 and various shafts. Current gamer is the 9.5 with a Mitsu Kai'li 60s.
The Aeroburner does look like a decent candidate. The only thing is that it's D3 in 45.75" so you'll want to test it thoroughtly.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I wonder if next time they do one of those anonymous player polls if Jordan Spieth wins "most annoying playing partner" by a landslide. Nonstop talking, yelling at his ball every swing, 39 practice swings, yelling at himself, and he probably talks nonstop between holes too.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Are we already at the "find dumb and/or made up reasons to hate on Jordan Spieth" phase? That was quick...

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

How can anyone hate that kid? Jeez. Hell when him and Jason Day play they look like they are having so much fun playing with each other.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Good golfer. Good bloke.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I just remember reading the last time they did it and Bubba Watson won everyone said it was because he never stopped talking and complaining. It seemed like Spieth was doing it today so I just wondered. I don't hate him, but I could see him winning that poll next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmD1DVPIrU

Have you all forgotten so soon?