Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Dark Weasel posted:

Holly Wood Hand Book has never been good.

Putting all of these podcasts up at once is stupid. Howl was a bad idea. Scripps plateaued the Ear Wolf.

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Tom and Cody are a great pair, can't wait for their show to be picked up.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Haha the first Tom Episode where they talk about Jeff Garlin:

"Have you ever heard the end of someone else's story?"

"No"

"Then you would be perfect for By the Way in Conversation"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Besson posted:

Haha the first Tom Episode where they talk about Jeff Garlin:

"Have you ever heard the end of someone else's story?"

"No"

"Then you would be perfect for By the Way in Conversation"

I liked Jeff Garlin on Curb so much I was primed to like him on podcasts/interviews, but

I liked that one time on CBB when he bitched about celebrity chefs coming out to talk to him at restaurants and not being in the back cooking. It's like the most unrelatable thing anyone has ever said ever.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Jeff Garlin's place in podcasting should be endlessly being annoyed by Pete Holmes for eternity, that's the place he's shined the brightest to me

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

My favorite PFT laugh is from a 2009 episode of Best Show

It might involve helicopter rides and a Fresh rear end Comedy Tent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZicomCP3gM

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Interesting to note that in a Howl ad on CBB today Scott mentioned that exclusive Howl content is dropping "weekly" so that alleviates my fear of a monthly release schedule if he's to be taken literally.

Did anyone listen to the Eugene Cordero show yet? I liked what I've heard of the Pally episode, but I'm not sure if that's just because I like Cordero and Pally.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I think you guys are gonna like the new Hollywood Handbook live with John Gemberling. They bring up him having weird sexual proclivities as just a gag, which then leads to Gemberling talking about his thoughts on bestiality, which then leads to him hosting a podcast about loving animals. Good stuff.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The description made me lol, so..

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I feel like Gemberling just takes any chance he can get to talk about bestiality.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I think you guys are gonna like the new Hollywood Handbook live with John Gemberling. They bring up him having weird sexual proclivities as just a gag, which then leads to Gemberling talking about his thoughts on bestiality, which then leads to him hosting a podcast about loving animals. Good stuff.
I was all bummed that todays ep wouldn't be this but then I refreshed the Earwolf feed and their guest today is WENGERT :woop:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I feel like Gemberling just takes any chance he can get to talk about bestiality.

The proud and storied tradition of dog loving, you mean.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hot dog go to bathroom

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
New Howl show alert: Sklar bros going around the country and finding what makes each city funny.

I'm excited to check it out, Country wasn't really that accessible to me but I like the Sklars.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I like these new ads on Hollywood Handbook. I'm going to sue the gently caress out of the Calypso from Twisted Metal for granting wishes that bite you in the rear end!

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

I was all bummed that todays ep wouldn't be this but then I refreshed the Earwolf feed and their guest today is WENGERT :woop:

I was initially disappointed too but I'm 15 minutes into this week's HH and it's already amazing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hot dog go to bathroom

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

cams posted:

hot dog go to bathroom

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Brandon Content stuff killed me

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Very strong episode photo game today

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
loving Sprite fox....

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I finally listened to the Sinbad HH ep. That is good stuff.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mennoknight posted:

I finally listened to the Sinbad HH ep. That is good stuff.

The STOP sign:

Eight sides
Eight chakras
Eight ways of life

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I have a podcast called Podcasts Are Wonderful where either my 11 year old son or a guest comes on to talk about other podcasts, and this week, to celebrate the one year anniversary of the show, I had Hollywood Handbook's Hayes Davenport on to talk about his appearance on Who Charted a few weeks ago.
On the podcast, my guests pretend to be celebrities, so Hayes was Johnny Depp. For the first time, I also had my son on with the guest, and he was Sean Clements (his idea). The response to this episode has been very good, and I know this thread really likes HH, so I thought I would share it here:
Here's a link to the specific episode
Here's an iTunes link, if that works better for you
If you give it a listen, thanks for your time! With it being a guest+kid episode, I think it gives you a good idea what the rest of the podcast is like.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I was just gonna post that in here. You are delightful, greggy. "Sean" was a joy. Good on ya.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Greggy posted:

I have a podcast called Podcasts Are Wonderful where either my 11 year old son or a guest comes on to talk about other podcasts, and this week, to celebrate the one year anniversary of the show, I had Hollywood Handbook's Hayes Davenport on to talk about his appearance on Who Charted a few weeks ago.
On the podcast, my guests pretend to be celebrities, so Hayes was Johnny Depp. For the first time, I also had my son on with the guest, and he was Sean Clements (his idea). The response to this episode has been very good, and I know this thread really likes HH, so I thought I would share it here:
Here's a link to the specific episode
Here's an iTunes link, if that works better for you
If you give it a listen, thanks for your time! With it being a guest+kid episode, I think it gives you a good idea what the rest of the podcast is like.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's noisy muscular bazongas, Greggy.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Greggy posted:

Hayes was Johnny Depp.
That was Hayes??? His accent is flawless

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Not an Earwolf podcast but an Earwolf personality: High and Mighty with Jon Gabrus is loving great.

"Oh man I am getting really drunk and we got 58 shots to go"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

Not an Earwolf podcast but an Earwolf personality: High and Mighty with Jon Gabrus is loving great.

I'm enjoying how scattershot the show is. Dog discussion one week, fantasy books the next, then, just a fuckin' POWER HOUR on mic

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I also highly recommend High and Mighty. The Taco Bell episode was disgusting but hilarious.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zsinjeh posted:

GoutPatrol posted:

I also highly recommend High and Mighty. The Taco Bell episode was disgusting but hilarious.

Thank you both so much for teaching me about this, it really is fantastic. Taco Snake might be one of the best things I've ever heard.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Gabrus has quickly covered varied enough topics to have something for everyone, and it's fun to hear him nerd out about other stuff with just as much passion as the thing you were interested in yourself. I bought two of the books he talked about in the fantasy novels episode. My only concern is what'll happen when he starts looping back to previously covered topics, 'cause I don't think there's all that much meat meat left on the Predator bone.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Fiendly posted:

Gabrus has quickly covered varied enough topics to have something for everyone, and it's fun to hear him nerd out about other stuff with just as much passion as the thing you were interested in yourself. I bought two of the books he talked about in the fantasy novels episode. My only concern is what'll happen when he starts looping back to previously covered topics, 'cause I don't think there's all that much meat meat left on the Predator bone.
There's like 500 80's movie they could do the same discussion on, I loved that ep. Also one of them did that loving amazing Arnold and Carl Weathers impression.

DEY GOT JOU PUSHING PENCILS NOW HUH? WHATS WIF DE TAJ
"Hey, hey, come on dutch, don't give me poo poo about the tie"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gabrus's podcast is just like every other dumb podcast where friends get together and shoot the poo poo. But. It's hosted by Jon loving Gabrus, so it's wildly entertaining.

He's a guy who if I knew him in real life I'd probably think he was a huge rear end in a top hat, but man do I love listening to him talk.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Zsinjeh posted:

Also one of them did that loving amazing Arnold and Carl Weathers impression.

Yeah that took me completely by surprise.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Saw a promoted tweet that said "ALL @Earwolf & @Wolfpop shows. All remastered. All ad free.Only with Howl! Use code EARWOLF for 1 month free premium." Is this even true now that all shows on Howl are ad free? I'm pretty sure they were claiming that before but the ads were still there.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Nope. Even when the archives finally go ad-free that still wouldn't be true because its only the episodes older than 6 months that will be ad-free, new episodes will have ads even for Howl subscribers.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah that took me completely by surprise.
I guess everyone does a great impression of someone, but yeah, they m should have at least acknowledged how great that was. I wanted them riffing bits with that voice

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

Android app is up. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rokolabs.howl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
I can't wait to be infuriated by it!