Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

They've already introduced the Star Destroyer from the Droids Cartoon to Armada, so I wonder when they'll get around to putting this in X-Wing

What ships from the EU do you guys want to see in the game?

I'd like to see the YT-2000, best known with the Otana in X-Wing Alliance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keiya posted:

I'd like to see the YT-2000, best known with the Otana in X-Wing Alliance

Sup Otana buddy :hfive:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I feel like the chances of "Legends" EU ships and starfighters making it into X-Wing are slim to none now that they've gone into Rebels/Force Awakens territory for their expansions.

With that in mind I think it would be cool to see the Sith Infiltrator make it in as a large base ship for the Empire/First Order. The window of opportunity for it to have made it in as an expansion was probably shut a long time ago though.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Dengar, Zuckuss, and 4-LOM are Legends. :colbert:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

AndyElusive posted:

I feel like the chances of "Legends" EU ships and starfighters making it into X-Wing are slim to none now that they've gone into Rebels/Force Awakens territory for their expansions.

With that in mind I think it would be cool to see the Sith Infiltrator make it in as a large base ship for the Empire/First Order. The window of opportunity for it to have made it in as an expansion was probably shut a long time ago though.

Wave 7 was almost all Legends stuff though; having one wave of film/cartoon based stuff doesn't mean they'll never go back.

Strobe posted:

They're all in ESB though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It all depends on how many new Wangable ships Episode 7 gives FFG to play with.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I would prefer episode 7 ships for a while. There's gonna be a lull in between movies for the leftovers of EU anyway.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

No way man, Dengar got included into things like Clone Wars while 4-LOM and Zuckuss are still mostly canon from their inclusion in Empire.

jivjov posted:

Wave 7 was almost all Legends stuff though; having one wave of film/cartoon based stuff doesn't mean they'll never go back.

While that's very true I'll be pleasantly surprised if they announce Wave 9 and it includes any legend EU ships at all.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Dengar and Zuckuss themselves may have been in Empire but unless I'm drastically misremembering things their ships are pure EU.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kai Tave posted:

Dengar and Zuckuss themselves may have been in Empire but unless I'm drastically misremembering things their ships are pure EU.
You're correct, all the bounty hunter ships except for Slave 1 are pure EU.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Xenomrph posted:

Didn;t Bossk's ship show up in Clone wars?

edit: Yup

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 22, 2015

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chill la Chill posted:

I would prefer episode 7 ships for a while. There's gonna be a lull in between movies for the leftovers of EU anyway.

While the starfighters seemed crappy to me, I would buy the poo poo out of Armada expansions that featured prequel capital ships. They weren't all perfect, but I really did think that they are under appreciated.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

waah posted:

While the starfighters seemed crappy to me, I would buy the poo poo out of Armada expansions that featured prequel capital ships. They weren't all perfect, but I really did think that they are under appreciated.

Honestly if they did it at all I would be happy for them to throw bits and pieces of prequel stuff into the scum and villainy faction for armada/x-wing . So they can just pick and choose stuff.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

waah posted:

We saw the Ventors with their Republic colors pointed over with Imperial gray at the end of ROTS, it seems like an easy add.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
So, played 2 missions of the Co-op Campaign tonight with a bunch of people. We actually crammed in 7 players for the first game, just added a few more enemy ships to the board, and then were down to 6 for the second game. The Imp AI is actually shockingly good. I think there were fewer TIE's with no shots than there were players. It was a ton of drat fun, too! Considering there were over 20 fighters on the board at times, things went fairly quickly and only got bogged down in discussing moves a couple times. Some fairly minor mistakes were made, but nothing serious. The Rebels managed to fight off a swarm of TIE's the first mission, downing all of them by the end. The second had us rushing to cover a Hawk that was being chased down by a ton of Fighters, and an Interceptor Ace pilot who we couldn't quite kill. Still, the Hawk made it out, so we won the day.

Anyone who's bored of the normal game, or just wants a change of pace, I highly recommend checking it out. Tons of cool things you can do when you can but pilot abilities like EPT's as you level up, and can have multiple EPT/mods.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Xenomrph posted:

I'm pretty sure Dengar and his ship The Punishing One are both in the new novel Star Wars: Aftermath, which makes the ship canon now.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

bunnyofdoom posted:

Didn;t Bossk's ship show up in Clone wars?

edit: Yup
Huh, I did not know that. That's a really goofy picture of the ship in the article, though. Is that seriously the best one they could find? It doesn't actually look like the old EU ship (or the FFG miniature, which looks like the old EU ship) but maybe it's just the head-on angle.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

enigmahfc posted:

I'm pretty sure Dengar and his ship The Punishing One are both in the new novel Star Wars: Aftermath, which makes the ship canon now.

I think (not 100% sure) that Dengar also put in some appearances in some of the animated stuff too, pre-accident. So I mean technically stuff like his ship and Bossk's are now A-canon, but they arrived there in circuitous fashion where all the details started out as EU stuff (for example I'm pretty sure that the first mention of The Punishing One comes from that bounty hunter anthology where IG-88 briefly became the Death Star) but then wound up being incorporated into the Official No-Fooling Canon later on.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I thought all the bounter hunter poo poo showed up during Shadows of the Empire, that phase where Lucas was putting out new star wars poo poo to tide us over before the first prequels so... original canon?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I thought all the bounter hunter poo poo showed up during Shadows of the Empire, that phase where Lucas was putting out new star wars poo poo to tide us over before the first prequels so... original canon?
Shadows is pretty old EU (1996ish?), and unfortunately it didn't survive "the purge" when Disney/Lucasfilm wiped the slate clean in April 2014.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Xenomrph posted:

Shadows is pretty old EU (1996ish?), and unfortunately it didn't survive "the purge" when Disney/Lucasfilm wiped the slate clean in April 2014.

And yet Chuck Wendig namedrops Black Sun in his new novel which is explicitly 100% canon.

What I'm taking away from this is that Disney is using, or allowing the people working in the Star Wars sandbox to use, the Extended Universe stuff as a giant rummage pile to grab things from with approval.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I wouldn't say no to some guy just making up some bullshit for the Blades from Starfighters of Adumar.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kai Tave posted:

And yet Chuck Wendig namedrops Black Sun in his new novel which is explicitly 100% canon.

What I'm taking away from this is that Disney is using, or allowing the people working in the Star Wars sandbox to use, the Extended Universe stuff as a giant rummage pile to grab things from with approval.
Well yeah, and I'm really happy they're doing things that way.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

TARDISman posted:

I wouldn't say no to some guy just making up some bullshit for the Blades from Starfighters of Adumar.

Well we've got a small-base ship with a turret primary in the K-Wing, I guess it's not too far-fetched to consider a small-based ship with a rear-facing firing arc.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

More importantly, what would the scum and villainy huge ships be?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Errant Venture. :v:

Slightly more serious, maybe the Wild Karrde?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

The Errant Venture. :v:

Slightly more serious, maybe the Wild Karrde?

Armada and X-wing respectively.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

kingcom posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Karrde

It's in scale with the Tantive IV at 125 meters to the Tantive's 150. It's kinda ugly to be honest, though that's sort of the point I guess.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

The Gate posted:

So, played 2 missions of the Co-op Campaign tonight with a bunch of people. We actually crammed in 7 players for the first game, just added a few more enemy ships to the board, and then were down to 6 for the second game. The Imp AI is actually shockingly good. I think there were fewer TIE's with no shots than there were players. It was a ton of drat fun, too! Considering there were over 20 fighters on the board at times, things went fairly quickly and only got bogged down in discussing moves a couple times. Some fairly minor mistakes were made, but nothing serious. The Rebels managed to fight off a swarm of TIE's the first mission, downing all of them by the end. The second had us rushing to cover a Hawk that was being chased down by a ton of Fighters, and an Interceptor Ace pilot who we couldn't quite kill. Still, the Hawk made it out, so we won the day.

Anyone who's bored of the normal game, or just wants a change of pace, I highly recommend checking it out. Tons of cool things you can do when you can but pilot abilities like EPT's as you level up, and can have multiple EPT/mods.

I played my fourth session of Heroes of the Aturi Cluster this last weekend, and it's still ridiculously fun. I was worried that between the four of us playing, we'd wind up with four of the exact same ships. But right now we've got one tactical B-Wing, one effectively invulnerable X-Wing, one heavy hitter Y-Wing, and one consistent-but-small-damage Y-Wing.

Wholeheartedly recommend it. Plus, the guy that made all the content is extremely quick to respond to questions and feedback about his 80 page custom rulebook. There's seriously a staggering amount of content this guy has made, and so far we haven't found anything out-of-balance or unfun.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I'll never stop finding it hilarious that the game with a tight rules system has been found to be easier to forge a narrative than warhams.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

They can purge dash rendar when they pull him from my cold dead hands

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Hmm... which faction would get the Carrion Spike? It was officially Tarkin's, but we only ever saw it in the hands of a group striking against the Empire before the Rebel Alliance was anything more than a dream. I could see arguments for all three.

(Also, we need Cylo's space whales. Don't care which game, we just need them.)

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

The problem is that we have all the X-Wing-compatible Episode 7 ships already, except for that funky FO-Shuttle. That is, of course, unless there are ships in the movie which haven't been shown already - Which is unlikely, because hidden ships don't sell toys.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There's going to be stuff that shows up in the films that is a) not deemed iconic enough to be toys or b) not deemed iconic enough to be in this first wave of toys and instead getting released in a second wave at some point in the future. It's a pretty safe bet that in the two hours of film footage there'll be at least a couple of ships that show up in the background which FFG can turn into models.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Duct Tape posted:

I played my fourth session of Heroes of the Aturi Cluster this last weekend, and it's still ridiculously fun. I was worried that between the four of us playing, we'd wind up with four of the exact same ships. But right now we've got one tactical B-Wing, one effectively invulnerable X-Wing, one heavy hitter Y-Wing, and one consistent-but-small-damage Y-Wing.

Wholeheartedly recommend it. Plus, the guy that made all the content is extremely quick to respond to questions and feedback about his 80 page custom rulebook. There's seriously a staggering amount of content this guy has made, and so far we haven't found anything out-of-balance or unfun.

Yeah, it's a really thought out game, IMO and I am very impressed with what this guy did.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
All the Force Friday merch was stuff from the first two teaser trailers (other than a couple new characters "revealed" through Lego minifigs or coloring book pages). There's gonna be more stuff in the film proper. The marketing was so strong that they were able to sell us an amazing amount of merchandise based off of a sum total of 2 minutes of footage.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Duct Tape posted:

Yeah, basically. Even just a couple missions in with a bunch of players, there's several different angles people are taking. We also had 4 X-Wings and 3 Y-Wings the first game, so it was a pretty interesting split. He also put out an FAQ saying the T-70 should be available for 5 points at PS 4 like the A-Wings and B-Wings, it just didn't exist when he was writing the game. Also, he felt that the K-Wing and E-Wing were just too strong (and not Rebellion-era ships).

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

kingcom posted:

Darksaber :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It sounds like the kind of ship a bitcoin enthusiast would have built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

It sounds like the kind of ship a bitcoin enthusiast would have built.

The value of deathstars just goes up uP UP

• Locked thread