Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

" Don't you mean YOU'RE late?*"

*For the Ghost who fucks his sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Kit knows where he likes to get his dick wet*

*in the Bandar tongue

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

1990, the year of the Noodle Incident.

Ripley's is all pink and soft today.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015

Skippy gives us "misguided optimism". (July 23, 1928)

Peanuts (September 23, 1968)

Snoopy gives us "potentially false advertising".

I AM THE LISA. I AM THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE STRIP. I AM BETTER THAN THE SUMMER AND THE LES COMBINED.

I hate baloney.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 9-10, 1927)

Knowing my relationship with my footwear, my mom would absolutely hate this one.

Thimble Theater prepares for the oncoming storm. (April 9, 1929)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I really like the final panels on these thimble theatre strips. Half the time it's just a man sitting alone silently gazing off-panel, but it's got a lot of dramatic weight.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

And none of the adult humans in this room who were alive on 9/11/2001 think this is an unfortunate choice. Even my mom thinks the 9/11 wedding date is gross, and she likes Gunther.

The gently caress are you even talking about?

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

I love Eve, but she is a total nutjob. Or possibly because.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pickles

Pros & Cons

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

" Don't you mean YOU'RE late?*"

*For the Ghost who fucks his sister.

Well, that would explain how Phantom is still so white after generations among the Bandar.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Safe Havens: The Fellowship of the Ring

Dustin: FFS

On the Fastrack: Favorites

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Transmodiar posted:

Safe Havens: The Fellowship of the Ring

Seriously?

"Flintlock muskets used to have small pans to hold charges of gunpowder. An attempt to fire the musket in which the gunpowder flared up without a bullet being fired was a 'flash in the pan'."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Indolent Bastard posted:

Seriously?

"Flintlock muskets used to have small pans to hold charges of gunpowder. An attempt to fire the musket in which the gunpowder flared up without a bullet being fired was a 'flash in the pan'."
I don't fault him not knowing the origins of the saying because I didn't and most people probably don't, but the analogy is bad anyways. She did flash in the pan. OK I guess she's still there so she's not just a flash in the pan, but she's still standing in a pan because...? Because Holbrook thought of "flash in the pan" and churned out this bullshit. It's just stupid and I've already put more thought into this than anyone should.

I usually just kind of glide by this comic but now since I thought about it this comic is something else. Let's take a second and recap just those strips just posted: This Bambi woman is a singer and she's going to Mars where she will record her new album but first she's on tour with a ring belonging to a friend which is haunted by the friend's dead black grandmother who appears in mirrors and can be seen by anyone and she gives this singer woman advice. And there are also dodos.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Not exactly sure why they're bringing a singer to Mars so she can record a new album, but then again they're bringing a basketball player, mermaid, and trapeze artist. I literally have no idea why the Mars trip is happening beyond "my future self told me to" (I think this happened).

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Green Intern posted:

Not exactly sure why they're bringing a singer to Mars so she can record a new album, but then again they're bringing a basketball player, mermaid, and trapeze artist. I literally have no idea why the Mars trip is happening beyond "my future self told me to" (I think this happened).

I think they're bringing her and just letting her keep recording songs in her spare time.

EDIT: I mean you better believe trapeeze guy is going to keep his trapeeze.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Green Intern posted:

It's part of a pogrom to get rid of all the loving freaks on this planet.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Everything Holbrook writes has this bizarre balance between well-meaning, blandly benign and stomach-churningly creepy. There's nothing quite like it that I've seen before.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Hey everybody, a new archive strip was added on today and it's Back To B.C.! "Follow Johnny Hart’s classic strip, B.C., from its humble beginnings in 1958! Join the original five (B.C., Peter, Wiley, Clumsy and Thor) as they discover fire, befriend dinosaurs, try to figure out women and make a new friend, Curls."

But is it readable? Let's find out together! Because if it isn't, I've just found a brand new way to make you all suffer! :unsmigghh:

(And hell no, I'm not going to root around for dates on B.C. (e: especially when they're printed conveniently on the strip))

Pogo (September 23, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (April 30 - May 3, 1953)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 22, 2015

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Are they finally going to reveal which one of the Duo Dumbass is going to be the next Phantom? Of course not, nothing interesting ever happens in The Phantom these days.

Darthemed posted:

Ripley's is all pink and soft today.

That baby thing is hosed up if true.

Classic Dilbert

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Reminder: They bought the motor home for practically nothing from a dealer that was going out of business. Not only can they not sell it back to the dealer, they almost certainly can't lose by selling it.

Also: Someone thinks this is a good plot for a comic strip.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Arelon posted:

$400.00

Sleep tight!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Hey everybody, a new archive strip was added on today and it's Back To B.C.! "Follow Johnny Hart’s classic strip, B.C., from its humble beginnings in 1958! Join the original five (B.C., Peter, Wiley, Clumsy and Thor) as they discover fire, befriend dinosaurs, try to figure out women and make a new friend, Curls."

But is it readable? Let's find out together! Because if it isn't, I've just found a brand new way to make you all suffer! :unsmigghh:

(And hell no, I'm not going to root around for dates on B.C. (e: especially when they're printed conveniently on the strip))

It might be good. From what I've heard, BC was pretty funny when it started out. It wasn't until midway through its its run that Johnny Hart got saved and his strip became Tales of Christian Cavemen. I'm interested to see what Johnny Hart put out Before Christ.

Arelon posted:

I was chit chatting with a coworker and I don't remember how it came up, but I was telling her about how there's these sad ladies who buy ultra-realistic dolls for hundreds or thousands of dollars and treat them like real babies and dress them up and wheel them around the neighborhood in baby carriages and the coworker was like, "I know. Other Coworker wants to get one."

Me: She does not!
CW: She totally does.
OCW comes in: I totally do! (Our office is tiny and the walls are thin)
Me: And do the whole nine yards? Treating it like a real baby like an insane person?
OCW: Yes!
Me: Dress it up? And wheel it around in a baby carriage?
OCW: Yes! And because I have kids I already have a car seat and a carriage and clothes and everything!
Me: You have got to be kidding me. This is so sad. You are not going to do this.
OCW: Yes I am!!
Me: Noooooooo....

And then she pulls out her phone and starts showing me all these pictures and ads for these fake babies she wants to buy. She was considering some ugly ones because you can get them for cheaper.

:getin:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Julet Esqu posted:

It might be good. From what I've heard, BC was pretty funny when it started out. It wasn't until midway through its its run that Johnny Hart got saved and his strip became Tales of Christian Cavemen. I'm interested to see what Johnny Hart put out Before Christ.

Considering that he didn't get saved until the early 80s, we've got a few decades of prime real estate ahead of us.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What? :psyduck:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Arelon posted:

That baby thing is hosed up if true

They're generally used for therapy with women who miscarry or otherwise lose a child, but that doesn't stop collectors from nabbing as many creepy fake babies as possible

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

A gigolo is a male prostitute. Dustin would like people to think he gets paid for his hot bod.

Why the sister thinks wearing sunglasses on your head is a gigolo thing, though, is beyond me.

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

She must be one of those beefwits that we've heard so much about.

Pibgorn

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Captain Novolin posted:

They're generally used for therapy with women who miscarry or otherwise lose a child, but that doesn't stop collectors from nabbing as many creepy fake babies as possible

I'm not an economist, so I cannot comment, but it seems like carrying around a hideous monster-babby would be more traumatizing than the alternatives.

For example you could let them read a few Mike Lester cartoons to replace sadness with burning hate.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Mister Kingdom posted:

$400.00

Sleep tight!

Jesus christ.

:stonk:

Y'know... there's gonna be somebody out there loving one of those.

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 9/22/2004

Zits

Butbut... It's tomorrow, and shouldn't it actually be a "van equinox"?

Kevin & Kell

Ah, good. So not another week of quotes.

Mark Trail

Mark gettin' all hardcore. He's gonna show these dudes how we do things downtown!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Mark Trail

Mark gettin' all hardcore. He's gonna show these dudes how we do things downtown!

Mark. Mark. That's just the radiation poisoning making you hallucinate. You're not a bideo game protagonist who can stab people to death underwater with a rusty pipe. Mind you, at least it's not literally Rusty over there, but...

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

$400.00

Sleep tight!

It looks as upset as I am for looking at it.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Isn't it about time for the onslaught of pumpkin spice coffee strips?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Poor Self-Image Comix are a real problem.

Pooch Café

Real dogs don't think like that. At most, they're going to think you're bagging it up because you're not hungry right now.

Ballard Street

That's a big pocket. I can't really focus on anything else.

The Creeps

Huddled in the corner, shaking, holding a knife and muttering to himself. Sounds like every party I went to in high school.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set needs to grow up.

Working Daze starts another stupid-rear end plotline and has a giveaway!

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix can't take this anymore.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

They rolled back a few imgur changes, but threw out the one that actually makes the rest of them usable. I have to write my own URL embeds like a caveman. LIKE A CAVEMAN! :argh:

Bloom County 2015

Skippy finds out the danger of turning over too many new leaves at once. (July 24, 1928)

Peanuts (September 24, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Tomorrow: Summer earns the wrath of her nebbish dad by springing the "other woman" disc on Cayla without inviting him to watch.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 12-13, 1927)

Thimble Theater (April 10, 1929)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I can't wait for Popeye to make comics history and beat Fadewell into the next dimension. Although I realize it's not even his comic yet and he's going to disappear and come back later due to reader request, so Castor will probably rub the chicken and then the gun misfires and Fadewell slips on a banana peel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The only reason these dummies are still alive is because Snork is too indecisive about how he wants to kill them. Get on with it, man!

• Locked thread