Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Rarity posted:

So you're saying you wouldn't go on pause if someone at -1 claimed cop or doctor?

If they were scummy enough and they couldn't justify themselves properly, yeah. No need to rely on night actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think you'll find I'm a great guy, I'm making letters with my fingers at my cat and she is thoroughly confused...ftw? Yes, yes indeed.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Rarity posted:

If soldiers game is not me vs. Asiina then there is no justice in this world.

(I would accept derp vs. Maturity as a suitable alternative)

If we're trying to get older mafia players back into the game I don't think they would care about what you guys did on survivor a couple of years ago! :(

I'm thinking something like CCKeane vs Good Sports Likers

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Piuro vs Ecco

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

busb posted:

I'm thinking something like CCKeane vs Good Sports Likers

This is a suitable alternative. I would ride into glorious death for CCKeane :swoon:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I think you'll find I'm a great guy, I'm making letters with my fingers at my cat and she is thoroughly confused...ftw? Yes, yes indeed.

Earlier my cat woke up, walked over to me and sneezed on my leg before walking away.

Cats are jerks.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Command and Conquer Soldiers game.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Doesn't your cat know that you are nothing to sneeze at.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

All this because you refused to meet me, Diqnol

I wanted to taste the cherries~

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hey guys. Xythar says registrations on the wiki are open and to let him know via email if/when to turn them off.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

Command and Conquer Soldiers game.

might be too similar to dune.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

Hey guys. Xythar says registrations on the wiki are open and to let him know via email if/when to turn them off.

Awesome. Made my account!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

busb posted:

i will fite u

whoops sorry all new zealanders look the same to me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Met posted:

:dance: oh happy day.

met check the scumdoc!

e: lol lol lol we already have two spambots.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Met posted:

Awesome.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

e: lol lol lol we already have two spambots.

How can you tell?

I already updated the OP, but maybe we'll have to close registration again.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

How can you tell?

I already updated the OP, but maybe we'll have to close registration again.

They usually have predictable names:

(show/hide) 00:32, 22 September 2015 JerilynNxf (Talk | contribs | block) New user account ‎
(show/hide) 10:54, 21 September 2015 LisaSummy2 (Talk | contribs | block) New user account ‎

Xythar got Lisa and I got Jerilyn.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I meant where do you see the new accounts registered but maybe it's an admin thing?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

I meant where do you see the new accounts registered but maybe it's an admin thing?

It's this link if you can click it!

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Special:Log/newusers

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I suppose if it's a big problem we can always close it after a day or two and then just have it opened up periodically for people who missed it this time round or who join after.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

All this because you refused to meet me, Diqnol

I wanted to taste the cherries~

I'll go to a Bills game and we can meet there and I can show you the technique my literal former highschool classmate used to throw up on a cop's daughter

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

EccoRaven posted:

They usually have predictable names:

(show/hide) 00:32, 22 September 2015 JerilynNxf (Talk | contribs | block) New user account ‎
(show/hide) 10:54, 21 September 2015 LisaSummy2 (Talk | contribs | block) New user account ‎

Xythar got Lisa and I got Jerilyn.

quote:

05:47, 22 September 2015 Mithross (Talk | contribs) New user account ‎

Obviously either a spambot or some sort of undesirable jerk. Ban that guy.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

I suppose if it's a big problem we can always close it after a day or two and then just have it opened up periodically for people who missed it this time round or who join after.

Leaving it open for a week should be okay. It's not too difficult deleting spambots it's just tedious; I'll patrol the User Log and clamp down on them when I see them.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll go to a Bills game and we can meet there and I can show you the technique my literal former highschool classmate used to throw up on a cop's daughter

What

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

he's going to show you what your posts look like irl

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Asiina posted:

It's not something I think we should pester Xythar with often. If possible it would be great to get the super super admin stuff to other people to take care of things.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah by periodically I meant like, once every 6 months.

But having the responsibility passed on to someone like ecco would be ideal s we on't have to bother someone who doesn't care.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I do not volunteer since yesterday I said that I do not know how to computer and that remains true today.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well whoever then, just the point being someone who actually is still involved.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

busb posted:

he's going to show you what your posts look like irl

I'd turn this around on you but I've never actually read prison letters

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'd turn this around on you but I've never actually read prison letters

:clint:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 27, 2020

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So, while we're all finally getting onto the wiki and updating stuff, had a thought:

We may want to break the completed games list down further, because those lists we've got right now are literal word-walls of the sort that your eyes just glaze over. I was thinking we break them down by year?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah a guy I went to HS with threw up on a 10 year old girl

we had no classes together but I did know him as dumbass stoner # 2

He got rung up for assault

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Tremendous Taste posted:

One of my rogues gallery

Tremendous Taste posted:

I only hate one mafia player and he doesn't play much anymore

Okay, I'll make my come back for this.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's not you either!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's not you either!

I definitely am part of the first category though. Rogues are cool. They can do sneak attack damage when attacking a flanked opponent.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

I definitely am part of the first category though. Rogues are cool. They can do sneak attack damage when attacking a flanked opponent.

God DAMNIT Meinberg

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I have seduced Highwire into comodding with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

EccoRaven posted:

I asked you to hold off on sending messages, though; what are you telling them anyway? I mean, I think it's important once we reach out to players to have them have something to play if and when they come back. Just doing it for funsies (like what Met did earlier this year) doesn't seem that effective, and seems like for the few people it'd bring back (you), it'd just cause many other people to go "huh what?"

idk.

e: I mean, the times I've sent messages to old old players, it's always been an invitation for a specific game (or in LMIRL's case a "are you still alive? ok good" poke.) (he hasn't responded to my message back in may :( .) Generally that's worked well at getting responses and people coming back, at least for a game or two.

I just mean it should be more concerted than just a "hey are you alive come back" thing.

Yeah no that's really really not gonna work. What I'm doing is sending a basic message that says something to the effect of "hey the Mafia community misses you, come hang out with us again, here's some relevant threads, and if you're not interested is it just a spare time thing or is there some deeper community issue we should be addressing"

I get why you think there needs to be a big epic game to pull people back in but tbh I don't think that will work; if the idea here is to try and actually cause community growth then a trickle is preferable to a flood. People who want to come back will come back, find games, play games, life as usual. If the pitch is "come back and play this soldiers game" they will leave once it's over, and anyway I've already had a couple responses of "I can't keep up with large games anymore, no time" in which case Soldiers is just gonna be a turnoff and perhaps just a couple really fun minis are what's called for here.