Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Dunban posted:

He's a tremendously unlikable oval office.

(don't sign your posts)

Really? That's not the impression I got at all. Admittedly I do not understand German.

Well, tbh, we could probably do with a oval office in charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

mackintosh posted:

He should definitely go to Bayern then. There's a spitting image of him waiting there to embrace him.

you have to be mor specific than this

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

If Klopp is still out of a job by the time Guardiola leaves, I'd say it's all but certain that he will take over.

Also Dunban still melting down over Klopp's Dortmund being able to beat his precious Bayern.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ewar Woowar posted:

Really? That's not the impression I got at all. Admittedly I do not understand German.

Well, tbh, we could probably do with a oval office in charge.

As a Dortmund fan, I found him very likeable, and nearly all other BvB supporters thought so as well. But the fans of other clubs often hate him. I'd hazard a guess and say that Liverpool fans would probably like him as well if he becomes their club's manager.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Klopp is very emotional and he never held back so people have strong reactions to him, love or hate. I think that he often stepped over the line, attacking referees and insulting journalists, but on the other hand it's awesome when your favourite team manages an important win and Klopp jumps around like a maniac, this way you feel a stronger connection to him. When I think of calm, analytical managers like Guardiola or Roger Schmidt, they are very boring with their neutral statements and maybe they raise their arms and hug somebody from the bench when they win and that's it.

It's similar to Uli Hoeneß. As a Bayern manager he is widely acknowledged as a total oval office, but on the other hand many people, not only Bayern supporters, like him - I've read an interesting article about how Bayern changed since Hoeneß is gone and now there are Guardiola and Sammer, the club feels very different. I have to agree, I remember that under Heynckes I very much liked and respected the Bayern, Heynckes is a great guy and players like Müller, Schweini, Lahm and Robben etc. were cool and good. I was absolutely okay with them beating us in the CL final.
Now Sammer has replaced Hoeneß in terms of being the clubs public voice, but his statements are crazy and bitchy and you just feel sorry for him.
Guardiola is a penguin, Müller's arrogance is becoming more and more obvious and the squad is a well-functioning machine constructed mainly out of top stars from foreign leagues and Borussia Dortmund.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Infected posted:

If Klopp is still out of a job by the time Guardiola leaves, I'd say it's all but certain that he will take over.

Also Dunban still melting down over Klopp's Dortmund being able to beat his precious Bayern.

am I

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

sicDaniel posted:

Klopp is very emotional and he never held back so people have strong reactions to him, love or hate. I think that he often stepped over the line, attacking referees and insulting journalists, but on the other hand it's awesome when your favourite team manages an important win and Klopp jumps around like a maniac, this way you feel a stronger connection to him. When I think of calm, analytical managers like Guardiola or Roger Schmidt, they are very boring with their neutral statements and maybe they raise their arms and hug somebody from the bench when they win and that's it.

It's similar to Uli Hoeneß. As a Bayern manager he is widely acknowledged as a total oval office, but on the other hand many people, not only Bayern supporters, like him - I've read an interesting article about how Bayern changed since Hoeneß is gone and now there are Guardiola and Sammer, the club feels very different. I have to agree, I remember that under Heynckes I very much liked and respected the Bayern, Heynckes is a great guy and players like Müller, Schweini, Lahm and Robben etc. were cool and good. I was absolutely okay with them beating us in the CL final.
Now Sammer has replaced Hoeneß in terms of being the clubs public voice, but his statements are crazy and bitchy and you just feel sorry for him.
Guardiola is a penguin, Müller's arrogance is becoming more and more obvious and the squad is a well-functioning machine constructed mainly out of top stars from foreign leagues and Borussia Dortmund.

This is a very good post.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Except for the part about Robben being cool and good

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
And the part where he says Kloppo is likeable when he's an arrogant poo poo face who's not really that great as a manager. He really is bad a professional manager.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

ephex posted:

This is a very good post.

I too agree that Guardiola is a calm, analytical man.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Same for Roger Schmidt lol

the rest of the post is ok though

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

Tahirovic posted:

And the part where he says Kloppo is likeable when he's an arrogant poo poo face who's not really that great as a manager. He really is bad a professional manager.

You're bad at professional reading I guess. Anyway if an arrogant poo poo face and bad professional manager makes your favourite team have an incredible amount of success (considering the circumstances) for a couple of years you tend to look at him differently. In the end he was found out and every serious Dortmund-Fan agrees that him leaving was the best for everyone involved.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
He wasn't so much found out as he's had his best people bought out by Bayern. That he wasn't able to immediately find adequate replacements while dealing with injuries to his other key players isn't really an indictment of his managerial style.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

mackintosh posted:

He wasn't so much found out as he's had his best people bought out by Bayern. That he wasn't able to immediately find adequate replacements while dealing with injuries to his other key players isn't really an indictment of his managerial style.

I also think his problem was that he couldn't give his bench a perspective in the form of enough camera/play time and that made the bench so thin because everyone from the "B Team" left for greener pastures.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Next people will write about how Lucien Favre got found out.

This thread title was created by someone who just can't stop melting down over Dortmund winning the league twice in the row, instead of his glorious Bayern München.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Torrannor posted:

Next people will write about how Lucien Favre got found out.

This thread title was created by someone who just can't stop melting down over Dortmund winning the league twice in the row, instead of his glorious Bayern München.

The meltdowns continue in a typical German fashion itt.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
I think if bayern, the mostly foreign star team led by a pompous arrogant tom muller , dont win today i will meltdown. However, my meltdown will be in an american plastic way not this german meltdown stuff that is being discussed.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Go on you wolfs!!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Anyone got a good Konferenz stream? Stuck on PC so I can't watch Sky.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
0:3 Club Sieg gegen der Kaisersluters.

Melting down in my pants rn

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
lmao Neuer

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Jesus what a very pep first half for bayern, out played. And scored on by a counter attack.....

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Bundesliga defending

Octo1
May 7, 2009
Dante assist

Edit: Robert is good

Double Edit: Really REALLY good

Octo1 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 22, 2015

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

lol

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you
Lewanodowski'd the gently caress outta the last 30 seconds

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Dusel

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I love Bobby.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Lewandowski on pace to score 20 goals this half

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
ahahahaahahahhahha

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Lewandowski on pace to score 20 goals this half

30 actually, holy poo poo

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you
Fastest hat trick ever in BL?

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

:shepface:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

lmao

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Bob lewandowski!!!!!!holy gently caress

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bobby running rampant on the wolves lmao.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Can't. Breathe.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

JESUS CHRIST LEWANDOWSKI

Octo1
May 7, 2009
Goddamn

Adbot