Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

Yeah, he was basically Max Hudghton, Jr., a man who was already born too late. Mostly disappointed about Siposs, though. I already had him written into the rebuild team after his rising star nom.

Tom Lee survives for the sake of being trade bait?

Yea, I get the feeling Lee and/or Saunders could be looking for more opportunity elsewhere. Those delistings only leave us with enough space to upgrade Sinclair and take 3 picks in the draft so if we trade anyone in we'll have to also trade someone out (unless we delist more players at one of the later list lodgement dates).

Spedman posted:

Would they look to re-rookie any of them?

I think Markworth or Siposs could be worth it on the rookie list. I'd probably lean towards Siposs cause he has some proven AFL form and has the kicking skills and is more of a natural footballer when compared to Markworth. Markworth did cost us a higher pick and hasn't had much of a chance cause of injury though (Siposs has also had injury issues).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

quote:

The Western Bulldogs have asked the AFL to investigate the alleged leaking of sensitive game-day information to Adelaide in the elimination final.

The Bulldogs confirmed late on Tuesday that they had been made aware of the possibility that sensitive game-day information had found its way to the Crows.

Fairfax Media understands that the club had been concerned that information - specific to the elimination final - had been passed on via a Bulldogs' player.

Western Bulldogs chief executive David Stevenson said the club had been "made aware" on Monday last week that "some game sensitive information" had allegedly found its way to the Crows.

Stevenson said the Bulldogs had spoken to the Crows and had asked the AFL to investigate the matter. He confirmed that the issue was in the hands of the AFL's integrity unit.

The AFL is expected to look into not only whether and how any information made its way out of the Bulldogs, but what - if anything - was done with it at Adelaide's end.

Stevenson would not elaborate further on the specifics, such as how the club thought the information had allegedly passed from the Bulldogs to the Crows, who won the thrilling elimination final narrowly, ending the Dogs' season.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldogs-bring-in-afl-to-investigate-leak-to-adelaide-crows-20150922-gjsmi7.html#ixzz3mSNtyA37

Rumor has it that Talia was so pissed about being dropped from the team that he told his brother a bunch of stuff.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thepokey posted:

Really surprised we cut Dalgleish, kid seemed to have quite a bit of promise and definitely had speed which we need.

Yeah, I would've thought Steinberg would be on the block ahead of Dalgleish. That might be all we cut with 3 retirements, at least one traded out, two delistings and a shallow draft for finding replacements.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Periphery posted:

Rumor has it that Talia was so pissed about being dropped from the team that he told his brother a bunch of stuff.

If true that's hilarious. I'd like to think the Crows wouldn't have acted on it, though.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I mean, what are they supposed to do? If he tells them a few pieces of info about the Dogs' game plan, are they supposed to pretend they didn't hear it and plan for the game as though they don't know it? That's not really possible.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
A good clubman, that Talia

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Feels a lot like every time a SECRET BOWLING DOSSIER is leaked, and it is probably just generic bullshit in there that anyone would have known

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

tnimark posted:

I mean, what are they supposed to do? If he tells them a few pieces of info about the Dogs' game plan, are they supposed to pretend they didn't hear it and plan for the game as though they don't know it? That's not really possible.

Ideally the person receiving the information takes it to an afl official rather than his club.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
worsfold has been released from his role as adelaides coaching director. no word on whether this was at his request or adelaide's

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

worsfold has been released from his role as adelaides coaching director. no word on whether this was at his request or adelaide's

Blarg, means he's not staying on as coach then, let alone director.

hiddenmovement posted:

A good clubman, that Talia

Despite the Bulldogs family connection, M Talia (and his brother) were both Carlton fans as kids, apparently. There have been rumours about him being jack of the Dogs all year, and supposedly Sydney are interested in him.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hey NTRabbit, do me a favour and take some Valium before reading the Fairfax footy pages online today.

:smith:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

snaeksikn posted:

If Essendon don't make him present to the panel or somehow make him do so just as a formality, then we would not have had a proper, honest senior coach search conducted since 1981

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

My respect for Dangerfield will go out the window if there's any truth to him wanting Geelong to pay as little for him as possible.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

My respect for Dangerfield will go out the window if there's any truth to him wanting Geelong to pay as little for him as possible.

He'd need a bullet proof car just to get out of Adelaide if he was going to walk through the draft to the Cats.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

He'd need a bullet proof car just to get out of Adelaide if he was going to walk through the draft to the Cats.

With the airports closed and burning tyre barricades stretched across the Barrier and Sturt highways at the border, and the Princes highway just before Tailem Bend, he may have to take a risky night time crossing in his fishing boat

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

NTRabbit posted:

Despite the Bulldogs family connection, M Talia (and his brother) were both Carlton fans as kids, apparently. There have been rumours about him being jack of the Dogs all year, and supposedly Sydney are interested in him.

Nah, Michael was a Bulldogs fan growing up. Daniel was the Carlton fan

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

With the airports closed and burning tyre barricades stretched across the Barrier and Sturt highways at the border, and the Princes highway just before Tailem Bend, he may have to take a risky night time crossing in his fishing boat

Don't worry, I'm sure peter dutton is capable of stopping it.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I'm glad that GIbbo made the All-Australian team. I really rate him and reckon he's deserved it in years past.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Is there a readable version of the AA team that isn't a twitter pissfest?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Tex Walker not on the field for AA? Blargh

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
How was McGovern not selected in defense? West Coast's defense was the most impressive in the comp considering all the key defenders they were missing.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Some pretty poo poo selections imho

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

How exactly did Jack loving Riewoldt get in instead of Walker?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Yay Cyril! lol wtf

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Cyril and Riewoldt are the most obvious "are you loving serious" choices..

Easton Wood and Bob being the captain are the other two :what: I wouldn't even pick JK as Vice.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Sep 22, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

quote:

"If you have a look at their seasons they were both very, very similar.

"They both spent a lot of time outside 50.

"One thing in the end that we looked at with Jack [Riewoldt] is that he was the No.1 score assist player for a key forward in the competition.

"Tex had an outstanding year as well." – AA selector Matthew Richardson.

Go and gently caress yourself Richo

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

Easton Wood and Bob being the captain are the other two :what: I wouldn't even pick JK as Vice.

I was surprised Riewoldt even made the squad of 40.

Wood and Murphy sure showed some AA quality defense when West Coast kicked 25 goals against them.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

Cyril and Walters have had statistically very similar seasons, goals/disposals, yet no one would even consider Walters for AA (and neither should they).

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jack always seems to be a shoe in for AA and it pisses me off. He's not really that good, he just leeches off other peoples work rates then gets fellated by people like Richo. When he won the Coleman, sure, whatever.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

Jack always seems to be a shoe in for AA and it pisses me off. He's not really that good, he just leeches off other peoples work.

Ah no this is ridiculous, he's a superb player. He probably shouldn't have been AA based on the other forwards, but that's all.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

He's not All Australian good.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Jack Riewoldt is trash and trash belongs in the bin

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ben Stratton was the whistle blower in the whole Talia situation. He was told by Cheney and relayed that to Beveridge.

However, allegations were raised last Monday so I would assume that we have been doing our due diligence in-house and making sure if this poo poo is legit.

EDIT: Frustrating thing is that Sydney will back out of trading for Talia, nobody is going to want to touch Talia (if he's not deregistered), he might drag his brother down with him and he's probably caused his grandpa a lot of embarrassment (his grandpa was our ruckman in our premiership win)

Testekill fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 22, 2015

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

gently caress Cyril.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

Jack always seems to be a shoe in for AA and it pisses me off. He's not really that good, he just leeches off other peoples work rates then gets fellated by people like Richo. When he won the Coleman, sure, whatever.

He missed out on AA when he won the Coleman in 2012.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
Wow you lot are bitter.
Jack played the best season of his career this year and I think the stat about score assists talks about what commentators are looking for in the modern game.

Being able to generate score not only for yourself but for your team is more important than kicking a bag of goals.

It's worth remembering that Jack missed the AA team when he won the Coleman for this exact reason, he was seen as being too selfish and didn't contribute to the team overall.

Really please Deledio made the side. Considering he missed the first 5 games with injury he put together a hell of a season and was justifiably rewarded.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i think the main thing that looked dodgy about jack being selected was having richo give the justification for it tbh

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

this must be the first time in nearly a decade there havent been any cats in the AA team

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

snaeksikn posted:

this must be the first time in nearly a decade there havent been any cats in the AA team

Yep since 06. Riewoldt had his best season and bought into the game plan imo. Thoroughly deserved to be AA. I could hear an argument for Tex but I think the final he played warped people's views a touch.

Not sure about Deledio and Mundy ahead of Sydney's Kennedy. Also I'm guessing Josh Gibson ahead of McGovern is a sort of life time achievement award situation.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Dangerfield's made it official. Wants out of Adelaide and in to Geelong :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Shmoses posted:

Dangerfield's made it official. Wants out of Adelaide and in to Geelong :getin:

There'll be an All-Australian Cat next year, then.

• Locked thread