Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

on top of the fact that the joke is contradictory to the setup, its implied that the only reason they're married is because Zed assaulted her Quest For Fire-style and knocked her up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Well, this thread got depressing. Here's a reminder that David Cameron, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, First Lord of the Treasury, Minister for the Civil Service and Leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party hosed the severed head of a pig.

(The cartoonist is called Kate Evans)

I see that Kyle's plan for a pig-sized elephant backfired.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Pope Francis celebrated Mass in Cuba on Sunday. Standing before a giant image of Che Guevara, Francis nudged the Communists saying “Service is never ideological, for we don’t serve ideas, we serve people.” Afterward he met with Fidel but not with Cuban dissidents.

He will meet with dissidents, however, in the United States. President Obama has invited Catholic dissidents to a reception for the pope.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I think it makes total sense that they'd believe that Ahmed made a bomb if they truly and honestly think that bombs have a big goddamn clock timer that goes TICK TICK TICK

Also, tan suit

Also, wtf is going on with Obama's eyes

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

doodlebugs posted:

Maybe he mistook him for this guy.

For all the many many faults Benedict had. I always feel bad for him that he was born with a face that made him look so evil.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

An argument never brought up in regards to gun control is how gun restrictions would significantly cut down the suicide rate in the States.

Its actually brought up fairly often, but never substantiated beyond essentially what you've posted.

Then somebody brings up a chart like the one below showing some stupidly high suicide rates in countries with strict gun control like Japan and such, paired with a question about the validity of correlation/causation re:guns/suicide in the face of the presented data.

Then the OP who originally brought the point up usually accuses the chart-poster of having a small dick and wanting to murder children and it goes nowhere.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

"WHY ARE YOU TREATING THE CAUSE WHEN THERE IS ALL THIS SYMPTOM OVER HERE!?" - Chip Bok, understander of things.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

LeJackal posted:

Its actually brought up fairly often, but never substantiated beyond essentially what you've posted.

Then somebody brings up a chart like the one below showing some stupidly high suicide rates in countries with strict gun control like Japan and such, paired with a question about the validity of correlation/causation re:guns/suicide in the face of the presented data.

Then the OP who originally brought the point up usually accuses the chart-poster of having a small dick and wanting to murder children and it goes nowhere.

I too enjoy un-normed variables stripped of context.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Korea and Japan, famous for having no cultural or social issues that lead to suicide

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Lowering gun access in the US will only raise volcano-related suicides a commensurate amount.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Good show from Hungary, doing better than Japan at the suicide olympics.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Is it just me or has Dees been slipping lately? It's been a while since I've seen some Jewish Terminators enforcing Walmart prison camps, or Agenda 21 communist robots.

He hasn't been the same since he took the sunglasses off :(

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It was a clock.

I know wingnuts will always top themselves for idiocy, but this one's going to be especially difficult. Kid brings in clock. "Nuh uh, wasn't a clock, because Muslims evil." Wow.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

To chime in with an engineer perspective, just about every electrical engineering student ever builds a very similar looking clock to Ahmed's in the basic digital and integrated circuits class. It's an extremely good way to learn basic digital electronics, and it's probably the next project you do after building the awesomely named :aaaaa: infinite state machine :aaaaa:.

Arrest them all.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

D.N. Nation posted:

It was a clock.

I know wingnuts will always top themselves for idiocy, but this one's going to be especially difficult. Kid brings in clock. "Nuh uh, wasn't a clock, because Muslims evil." Wow.

I think that particular cartoon is just a standard "A Thing Happened, That Reminds Me, Obama is Bad and Weak."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

alnilam posted:

To chime in with an engineer perspective, just about every electrical engineering student ever builds a very similar looking clock to Ahmed's in the basic digital and integrated circuits class. It's an extremely good way to learn basic digital electronics, and it's probably the next project you do after building the awesomely named :aaaaa: infinite state machine :aaaaa:.

Arrest them all.

It used to be: literacy illegal for THOSE TYPES

Now its: THOSE TYPES bombing our schools

I'm so frightened for are country...

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I want a cartoon that says "David Cameron irrumated a pig's head, and that in a nutshell is people like the estate tax."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Starshark posted:

You guys don't shut up about guns, LeJackal is going to appear. Just sayin'.

The prophecy has come true!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Here's a very small sample of Bill Trantham's recent output.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Yes, it is the liberals who can not distinguish between bombs and not-bombs, as evidenced by the fact that they correctly identified a not-bomb as not being a bomb.

Unlike the school and police officers, who can distinguish between bombs and not-bombs, as evidenced by the fact that they incorrectly identified a not-bomb as a bomb.

Just call me Gary "Factmaster" McCoy

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

I just want to kill all the gays and rule over the world, but hey that's your opinion and I'm fine with that. Looks like you've got some growing up to do.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Saint Sputnik posted:

:golf:

quote:

I could swear this wasn't all that recent.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Ah, yes, President Obama's famous reaction to the 9/11 attack occurring on his watch: to continue golfing.

quote:

It ceased existing in 1865, generations before you were born. No wonder you're having a hard time locating it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It ceased to exist in 1865. HTH.

e: Dammit!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Saint Sputnik posted:

It was last seen at Appamattox Court House. :boom:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

I'm glad he clarified he was a non-threatening black man instead of just a black man or I would have been quite threatened!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Do you mean to tell me none of these cartoonist cunts have anything to say about David Cameron loving a Dead Pig? For shame. I can only imagine the cartoons if Obama or even Jeb had hosed a Dead Pig.

LeJackal posted:

Similarly though, the UK saw a huge decrease in suicide rates when they phased out coal-gas ovens, which was the primary means people had been using to kill themslves.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Using "non-threatening" unironically in a list of why "black guy is good" is pretty loving stunning, really

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Marx the Apostle of Global Warming

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is that like the 5th or 6th "nuh-uh, it was totally a bomb, and Libtards stupid for not realizing it" cartoon this week? Someone should do a compilation.

Mellow Seas posted:

Using "non-threatening" unironically in a list of why "black guy is good" is pretty loving stunning, really
Poe's law genuinely was in effect - it took me until the third cartoon or so to be sure this wasn't a parody.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mellow Seas posted:

Yeah I thought it was a parody or a joke or something

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kurtofan posted:

Marx the Apostle of Global Warming

Ironically, Marx would have fit in with Jesus's posse.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tom Guycot posted:

Pills aren't exactly an easy out, suicide failure or anything. The only friend I've had who killed themselves did it will pills and ended up in a coma with her organs shutting down over the course of a couple days before dying. Just saying for the benefit of anyone in the peanut gallery who might think about a suicide attempt as a cry for help and imagine pills are an easy way to do that without actually dying or something. v:shobon:v

Nah, you'll be fine. If it's a cry for help just be sure you take a bunch of aspirin, and leave the tylenol for when you want to spend the next few weeks slowly dying.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The comics aren't saying it was a bomb, just that it's absolutely justified for white people to be terrified of a Muslim kid with a box of wires and that's 100% not racist and totally good sense to treat him like a terrorist. Seeing someone from the Middle East with a radio shack bag and not screaming in terror makes you a naive sucker that's going to get everyone else killed.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 22, 2015

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Tom Guycot posted:

Pills aren't exactly an easy out, suicide failure or anything. The only friend I've had who killed themselves did it will pills and ended up in a coma with her organs shutting down over the course of a couple days before dying. Just saying for the benefit of anyone in the peanut gallery who might think about a suicide attempt as a cry for help and imagine pills are an easy way to do that without actually dying or something. v:shobon:v

Guns aren't a terribly easy out either, despite their reputation. Aside from the people who gently caress up and just end up blowing their eyeballs and/or part of their face off without dying, even if you actually manage to kill yourself it takes a few minutes and is completely agonizing. (Had a friend shoot himself in the head about three years ago with his girlfriend in the next room. She ran over to find him and he was a gurgling spasming mess for quite a while before he died.)

Oh yea, and apparently Imgur is undergoing some serious security poo poo right now. Not sure how/if that affects this thread.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Radish posted:

The comics aren't saying it was a bomb, just that it's absolutely justified for white people to be terrified of a Muslim kid with a box of wires and that's 100% not racist and totally good sense to treat him like a terrorist. Seeing someone from the Middle East with a radio shack bag and not screaming in terror makes you a naive sucker that's going to get everyone else killed.

Some wingnuts see that argument as a loser, so now they're going with well AAAAACTUALLY he didn't "invent" a clock, he just rearranged some parts, suck it Obama, which is definitely not childish, no sir.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

e_angst posted:

Guns aren't a terribly easy out either, despite their reputation. Aside from the people who gently caress up and just end up blowing their eyeballs and/or part of their face off without dying, even if you actually manage to kill yourself it takes a few minutes and is completely agonizing. (Had a friend shoot himself in the head about three years ago with his girlfriend in the next room. She ran over to find him and he was a gurgling spasming mess for quite a while before he died.)

The one suicide I've seen was somebody who waded out into chest deep water with a backpack full of rocks on before shooting himself. Seemed like a pretty safe way to go.

e: the one successful suicide, specifically

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:happyelf:

:negative:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

NOW