Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
So i still cant get this on pc yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Not through steam directly but you can still buy keys from a reseller like cdkeys.com and register it on steam. Much cheaper that way too.

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

If it's anything like past games, they will, in fact, be a nightmare. There are other ways to get rid of electified goons, of course- at a minimum, waiting, or not letting them get electrified. Medics are logically near the top of the enemy priority list as it is.

They are logically on the top of the priority list for us, the players, but the targeting in the game does not seem to think so- I don't think they get any special target priority- you just have to hope they're not surrounded if you want to do a special move on them. I swear to God in City you could just press the instant takedown combination while looking in the general direction of an armored thug and it would take him down. Same with shielded enemies- press stun and it would stun the shield guy in the crowd of goons. Here it's hit or miss when there's a crowd and I end up shoving my cape in a ninja's face while a shield guy slaps me pretty often.

dscruffy1 posted:

Either that or Catwoman's whip will secretly be able to disperse the electric charge. I hope it's the latter because man I need that sort of variety in my punch man missions.

There's another thing about Catwoman- a lot of her finishing beatdown moves and instant takedowns are her just ripping the heads or limbs off of robots... it would be kinda silly if they keep those animations when she's facing actual people. Silly is still better than nothing though.

UnsuitableWasp fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 19, 2015

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I should be mad, because this should've been a given, but I'm happy as poo poo. That's basically the entire Bat Family available to play as. Where the gently caress do they get off calling this Nightwing DLC story? It looks like just one big predator map. I'm going to love every second of it because it's Nightwing and it should be intriguing since it's post-game content, but I'm gonna be sad when I realize it's as short as Red Hood and Harley.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

UnsuitableWasp posted:

There's another thing about Catwoman- a lot of her finishing beatdown moves and instant takedowns are her just ripping the heads or limbs off of robots... it would be kinda silly if they keep those animations when she's facing actual people. Silly is still better than nothing though.

That's pretty much exactly why they've been building/releasing challenges per-character first- to give them time to set out the other needed permutations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I just destroyed the Knight's tank with the Cloudburst. Holy poo poo the gas clouds in the streets looked so amazing from above. I don't thing I have ever seen something that impressive in terms of cloud effects.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm finding the fight in the parking garage to get to the generator incredibly frustrating. Those taser guys just suck so much.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

NESguerilla posted:

I'm finding the fight in the parking garage to get to the generator incredibly frustrating. Those taser guys just suck so much.

The two guys that say "He told us you would come for the generator"? Just shock them. LT+B and they go out cold, then ground takedown.
Or is there more? I stopped playing gafter knocking them out yesterday.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not sure if it's the same part. It's a fight with about 25 guys during the assault on the police station pretty sure it's near the very end. Theres big guys with shields and lighting that I'm pretty sure is going to give me a seizure and those stun guys always get me. it seems disproportionally hard to every other fight I've run into so far.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Oh different fight. I am not there yet. I hate c ok mobs of too many guys and shocker dudes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Your advice was sound though. I didn't realize you could spam L2+O and it wrecked them once I tried it. I thought you had to wait for the prompt.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I learned about the batclaw helping against electrified dudes yesterday ITT.
I just can't bring myself to read recommends list.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
First time launching the game since the patch and my texture quality is at the absolute lowest despite being set to the highest in the options. Not a good start, patch.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

NESguerilla posted:

Yeah that fight is ridiculously hard, the first time I did it I just barely lost near the end, then when I restarted I think I realized you can just hop in the batmobile and shoot them all.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I thought so too, but I just came to the fight after that one, when you go for the backup generator. Maybe he means that one. No Batmobil there

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Season pass is :10bux: off on Xbone. Sorely tempted.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hopper posted:

I thought so too, but I just came to the fight after that one, when you go for the backup generator. Maybe he means that one. No Batmobil there

That's the one I was talking about. Although, the one on the roof after the tank fight was infinitely worse.

Gotta say it was a bummer considering how much I suck at the game that there was no trophy for beating it on hard.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I beat the main story on normal. Now I have to defuse 1 more bomb I can't find on bleak island.
And must solve a million riddler puzzles. That's just far too many puzzles.
Also what is a perfect shot on a light tank?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Hopper posted:

I beat the main story on normal. Now I have to defuse 1 more bomb I can't find on bleak island.
And must solve a million riddler puzzles. That's just far too many puzzles.
Also what is a perfect shot on a light tank?

Perfect shot is nailing the light blue weak point with the Vulcan on the first shot. It's like a critical shot but with better aim.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Vulcan being the gatling? That poo poo will be hard, I should have done that in the beginning when facing 3 drones at a time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Trailer for the September DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFFRzDdNz_g

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I just fought on top of GCPD yesterday and the scenes from that setting are exactly the same, down to the electrified fence bit. They only swapped costumes for the big brutes.
So :effort: I guess.

Boy am I glad I didn't pay full price. Especially seeing how PC won't even get this yet.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
It's weird. As much as I dislike the price point and the overall feel, I have to admit there is a good chunk of content going into the DLC. It's going through December, isn't it?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

dscruffy1 posted:

It's weird. As much as I dislike the price point and the overall feel, I have to admit there is a good chunk of content going into the DLC. It's going through December, isn't it?

I haven't been paying a ton of attention to the DLC but hasn't it mostly been challenge maps and alternate skins? Batgirl's the only campaign DLC, which is a shame.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

I haven't been paying a ton of attention to the DLC but hasn't it mostly been challenge maps and alternate skins? Batgirl's the only campaign DLC, which is a shame.

The video a few posts above is Night's DLC campaign along with more maps and some Tumbler Batmobile races, along the lines of the 1989 Batmobile races.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Is that a campaign like Batgirl's or a "campaign" like Red Hood's and Harley's? Because those were only campaigns in the barest sense of the word.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

Is that a campaign like Batgirl's or a "campaign" like Red Hood's and Harley's? Because those were only campaigns in the barest sense of the word.

It's looking like a Batgirl campaign but who knows! Details are slim. I could be projecting my hopes, it seems to be limited to GCPD so it could be like Harley's.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

There's a Catwoman story DLC happening in October, loving who knows when all of this hits PC.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I love the tag team stuff in this.

I'd do terrible things for a Dick Bats and Damian Robin team up game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
No! We must only use the first three Robins and the first Batgirl! No exposure for the rest Bat-Family ever! :argh:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Does anyone actually look forward to the race track packs? I'm trying to play the tumbler and I remember the guy in the trailer talking about how they wanted to make sure you felt powerful. Like you were actually in the tank and how impenetrable it was during the movie. I don't get that at all. It still bounces off everything I expect the regular Batmobile would. Traction is still poo poo. This blows.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why are you bouncing off so many things.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

No! We must only use the first three Robins and the first Batgirl! No exposure for the rest Bat-Family ever! :argh:

Man, give Tim this. DC sure isn't giving him anything.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why doesn't DC ever use Tim in anything else, come to think of it? He wasn't in Son of Batman or Under the Red Hood, even though I'm fairly certain he was in both stories in the comics.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why doesn't DC ever use Tim in anything else, come to think of it? He wasn't in Son of Batman or Under the Red Hood, even though I'm fairly certain he was in both stories in the comics.

Tim's basic problem is that he is the also-ran. He had a very clear distinct position previously: Dick was the former Robin, Jason was the dead/evil Robin, Tim was the 'true' Robin. He had a distinct role in that trinity too. (He was the smart one, Dick was the athletic one, Jason was the brutal one.) He also had a bunch of other legacy heroes to hang out with which helped define him as effectively as the younger Batman.

And then they introduced Damian Wayne as the new Robin and Tim got left without much. He didn't have Dick's came-first legacy, he didn't have Jason's Bad Boy side and he was no longer Robin. Even his new name (Red Robin) was just basically "nah, gently caress this guy." He's effectively left without really a role to fill because there are now four Robins and he's the least-defined of the three outside of being Robin.

You saw this happen with a lot of other heroes from his time frame when DC did their big "bring back whoever was around when Geoff Johns was a kid" rush. There's a whole group of characters who were in the role for the decade or so who got basically dumpstered by the combination of bringing back old heroes and universe resets leaving them without a distinct role.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well that sucks. :(

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ImpAtom posted:

Tim's basic problem is that he is the also-ran. He had a very clear distinct position previously: Dick was the former Robin, Jason was the dead/evil Robin, Tim was the 'true' Robin. He had a distinct role in that trinity too. (He was the smart one, Dick was the athletic one, Jason was the brutal one.) He also had a bunch of other legacy heroes to hang out with which helped define him as effectively as the younger Batman.

And then they introduced Damian Wayne as the new Robin and Tim got left without much. He didn't have Dick's came-first legacy, he didn't have Jason's Bad Boy side and he was no longer Robin. Even his new name (Red Robin) was just basically "nah, gently caress this guy." He's effectively left without really a role to fill because there are now four Robins and he's the least-defined of the three outside of being Robin.

You saw this happen with a lot of other heroes from his time frame when DC did their big "bring back whoever was around when Geoff Johns was a kid" rush. There's a whole group of characters who were in the role for the decade or so who got basically dumpstered by the combination of bringing back old heroes and universe resets leaving them without a distinct role.

I miss Wally West so much. I hope the TV show gets far enough for him to appear. Obviously it won't ever be far enough for him to be Kid Flash or actual Flash, but a cameo would be nice. Having Roy around didn't age Oliver much in Arrow. This is all true though. It's nice having Tim around in the Arkham series. Granted he manages to somehow be around the least of the entire Bat Family including estranged Nightwing and Alfred.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Sorta tying with ImpAtom's post, adaptations tend to not use him because he doesn't really have a reason to exist unless Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Jason Todd/Red Hood also both exist, and most adaptations don't "get that far".

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SonicRulez posted:

I miss Wally West so much. I hope the TV show gets far enough for him to appear. Obviously it won't ever be far enough for him to be Kid Flash or actual Flash, but a cameo would be nice. Having Roy around didn't age Oliver much in Arrow. This is all true though. It's nice having Tim around in the Arkham series. Granted he manages to somehow be around the least of the entire Bat Family including estranged Nightwing and Alfred.
Bam: http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/468853-wally-west-joins-the-cws-the-flash

So they say the PC's getting the DLC next Tuesday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFFRzDdNz_g

quote:

Additional downloadable content becomes available next Tuesday, September 29th:
• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #2: Grab this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack and receive various challenge maps for Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman and the Batmobile. This expansive challenge pack allows focused training in Freeflow Combat and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.
• GCPD Lockdown: Set after the events of Arkham Knight, play as Nightwing to stop the Penguin from breaking out of the Gotham City Police Department in this thrilling story pack.

Stay tuned for even more Batman: Arkham Knight downloadable content coming in October, including:
• Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Pack: Travel back in time with the Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Pack. This pack includes the 1960s TV Series Batmobile, Classic TV Series Catwoman Skin, Classic TV Series Robin Skin and two racetracks inspired by the Batman Classic TV Series.
• Catwoman's Revenge: Set after the events of Arkham Knight, prowl the night as Catwoman as she seeks her revenge on the Riddler with this story pack.
• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #3: Get this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack to receive various combat and predator maps featuring Batman, Nightwing, Robin, and Azrael.
No mention of the Batgirl DLC, we better still be getting that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I may have missed it, but have they said what this pack with the challenge maps will cost yet?

• Locked thread