Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Zotix posted:

Packs were way better last night on release. I've watched a lot of streamers in pre release and they had similar rates or Pay Day. Last night on $200 I pulled Kroos, Silva, and Suarez. Along with a a ton of solid 80-84 players to build several teams. My friend who spent the same had very similar results minus the Suarez money bags. I know for a fact he got Ribery, as well as a ton of players going for 30-40k.

Well its very unfortunate that you spent maybe 5-10% of your monthly wage on this. When a coin exploit will surely happen and you can buy 1 million coins for 2 dollars and still get a lot of bad players for a bad game. Some here are trying to kick the habit and your post might encourage them to give in to their demons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I'm glad you got over it AAC and will NEVER play fifa again

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

hopterque posted:

Lmao you spent 200$ and got one really good player, but no guys packs are better and totes worth it
Ummm, I pulled a 90, an 88, and an 87 as well as all of the 82-84s and other fairly sought after cards. I'd say coming out with about 2m coins for $200 isn't that bad of a deal.

But hey, enjoy playing the game whatever way you enjoy playing.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
in my free pack today I pulled a 69, Yurdadsdik from Russia. anyone have any experience with Yurdadsdik?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zotix posted:

2m coins for $200 isn't that bad of a deal.

lol

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

in my free pack today I pulled a 69, Yurdadsdik from Russia. anyone have any experience with Yurdadsdik?

54 Hoe Lee Fuk is surprising stuff for a GK, flies through the air and crashes onto balls like no 54 should

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Haven't lately, waiting on Mr Payday to send me an origin code for the game so I can come out of retirement and put him in the humbler.

Now you've got me excited about Yurdadsdik, hows his dribbling?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

Haven't lately, waiting on Mr Payday to send me an origin code for the game so I can come out of retirement and put him in the humbler.

Now you've got me excited about Yurdadsdik, hows his dribbling?

I've not had a chance to play with Yurdadsdik yet, but from what I've seen from youtubers is that he's lethal from behind the man

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I've not had a chance to play with Yurdadsdik yet, but from what I've seen from youtubers is that he's lethal from behind the man

I hope to see loads from Yurdadsdik in the coming days. Hopefully positive.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Ive seen enough of Yurdadsdik to know I'm not impressed, theres far better men to play in the hole.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

African AIDS cum posted:

God drat.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

I had a chance to see Yurdadsdik perform at the weekend and I have to say, expect an in form. his levels during the match kept going up and up

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Hey I hate to interrupt the whole ripping on people for spending their money in a different way that you would thing, but I don't do FUT and I have an amazon promotional code for FUT 15 weeks of gold packs. I have it on PS4, dunno if it makes a difference. Who wants it?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

shortspecialbus posted:

Hey I hate to interrupt the whole ripping on people for spending their money in a different way that you would thing, but I don't do FUT and I have an amazon promotional code for FUT 15 weeks of gold packs. I have it on PS4, dunno if it makes a difference. Who wants it?

Obviously you should send it to your favourite poster in this thread, hell, I'm not going to tell you who

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

The Big Taff Man posted:

Obviously you should send it to your favourite poster in this thread, hell, I'm not going to tell you who

You're all terrible posters.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

shortspecialbus posted:

Would you rip someone for spending money on a gambling addiction? Because that's what it is

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

T Bowl posted:

Would you rip someone for spending money on a gambling addiction? Because that's what it is

I mean I guess I don't care unless it's negatively impacting their life or the lives of their friends/families but I don't see how dropping a few grand on a stupid hobby does that.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

T Bowl posted:

Correct, there will someday be a huge DOJ settlement over this that hopefully buries EA for good. Madden isn't even selling anymore so FIFA is the last thing propping these frauds up

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

shortspecialbus posted:

I mean I guess I don't care unless it's negatively impacting their life or the lives of their friends/families but I don't see how dropping a few grand on a stupid hobby does that.

Would it be better if he wasted a few thousand on skydiving or a rock climbing trip or a vacation somewhere?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Anyways does anyone want the code or not

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

shortspecialbus posted:

Unless these people are tech millionaires then they should be putting this kinda money into 401k etc. Retirement is coming sooner than you think. They'll wish they had opened less packs when they are living off social security. Very sad.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

shortspecialbus posted:

Would it be better if he wasted a few thousand on skydiving or a rock climbing trip or a vacation somewhere?

Yes in my biased opinion from a position of privilege it would be better to have concrete life experiences to show for your money instead of 1's and 0's on a computer server somewhere that give you access to players you can freely use in regular head to head mode

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

shortspecialbus posted:

Anyways does anyone want the code or not

FIFA 15 is dead and I have a XBONE so nope, but thanks for being a kind internet non troll.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

No, it's FIFA 16, FUT, 15 weeks of gold packs, sorry for the ambiguity. Also it might work on XBONE, I have no idea?

Edit: Email implies PS4 only after a closer read.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

shortspecialbus posted:

No, it's FIFA 16, FUT, 15 weeks of gold packs, sorry for the ambiguity. Also it might work on XBONE, I have no idea?

Edit: Email implies PS4 only after a closer read.

Send it to someone special

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I'm about to pick this up, is there a thread for Parmos?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I think I get that with my preorder anyway I didnt order the super retard 40 weeks one I ordered the deluxe

Send it to Andre Le Fuckface

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They all come free with it if you preorder, no matter what version.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

Yes in my biased opinion from a position of privilege it would be better to have concrete life experiences to show for your money instead of 1's and 0's on a computer server somewhere that give you access to players you can freely use in regular head to head mode

The way I see it is if he enjoys FUT for whatever reason and he's not causing himself or others immediate peril by using money that should be going to rent/food/etc then I really don't care what people spend money on. I can hardly claim that every purchase I made is worthwhile, and this isn't the finances and careers forum. If he enjoys playing FUT with his stupidly expensive team, I don't see that as less concrete than spending $1k to jump out of an airplane a bunch. Also for all I know, he's putting $10k/week into retirement. I have no idea what his budget is. Maybe it's outlined over the last few pages of the thread that I skimmed over.

I guess is just because I think something is a waste of money doesn't mean it is for someone else, and I'd be hard pressed to justify all of my stupid purchases to an internet tribunal.

Anyways, I think this topic should die and maybe people can bitch about the actual game so this is the last I'll say on it. I've already typed a lot of words defending some internet guy who spends his money in weird ways.

Edit: The code is just the amazon preorder promotion for the normal version. Not doing FUT, I didn't see a point to get the other ones.

E2: VVV If you preordered it you probably got a code in some manner, I think most (US at least) retailers had it for preorder.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

T Bowl posted:

They all come free with it if you preorder, no matter what version.

I've ordered the version with no packs afaik

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

Unless these people are tech millionaires then they should be putting this kinda money into 401k etc. Retirement is coming sooner than you think. They'll wish they had opened less packs when they are living off social security. Very sad.

No guarantees that you even get there. Nothing wrong with how you spend your money if you are properly budgeting. Entertainment is entertainment. Your head would loving explode in the hearthstone thread if $200 gets you this riled up.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

I've ordered the version with no packs afaik

Same, but when I checked out with Best Buy it gives you in the cart a free code thing included, I am 99% sure you will get a code in your hard copy if you buy one that is considered standard edition.

They always say it's for preorders but it's really the entire first shipment of the game, so you'll likely get one either way even if you buy the game weeks from now.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Theres 3 versions you can preorder over here, no packs, packs for 15 weeks plus some celebrations, or packs for like 40 weeks. If Andre Le Fuckface ordered the 1st one send him your code (possibly ftw?)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Zotix posted:

No guarantees that you even get there. Nothing wrong with how you spend your money if you are properly budgeting. Entertainment is entertainment. Your head would loving explode in the hearthstone thread if $200 gets you this riled up.

Many on this forum are immature and do not grasp the concept of delayed gratification. We should all be stacking paper and watching our net worth go up, money = freedom in the end. I have been around people who make serious money who wouldn't spend a dime on frivolous things like this. We can all better ourselves every day. I believe it.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I can feel tempation coming back to me... all I want right now is to open a pack, feel that rush. Someone talk me down from this ledge, Ive got a wedding to pay for. But maybe we could scrimp on the flowers and I could take a shot at getting a Messi

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

I can feel tempation coming back to me... all I want right now is to open a pack, feel that rush. Someone talk me down from this ledge, Ive got a wedding to pay for. But maybe we could scrimp on the flowers and I could take a shot at getting a Messi

Just do it. Think of the reddit karma and adulation you'll receive from your pals in the FIFA thread. Blow the whole flower budget, they'll die before your FUT cards are obsolete

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Buy the pack. Buy it.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/22/matthew-etherington-my-gambling-addiction-cost-me-my-wife-and-turned-me-into-a-liar-5402342/

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

shortspecialbus posted:

I don't see that as less concrete than spending $1k to jump out of an airplane a bunch.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Zotix posted:

Exactly how stupid are hearthstone players? Because holy lol if they spend that much on magic the gathering for casuals.

In general I'm a big fan of "I'm not sure what the big deal is, in this other thread people are even bigger idiots".

• Locked thread