Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK2mzjpTha8

Why he decided to film himself in that horrible Mario get-up will forever remain a (sad, sad) mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

KKall posted:

There is no heat between me and him. However, there is heat between me and his awful poo poo-stirring fans who desperately want there to be heat between me and him.

Good, good! Let the anger flow through you! :unsmigghh:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Leal posted:

"The game has a great checkpoint system"

Joe and I will have to agree to disagree on that fact. Nothing like trying to squeeze out a mission before work then trying to save and quit just to realize not only is there no option for that, but a lot of the checkpoints take you all the way to the beginning of the mission.

I don't know if I would call it great, but it's definitely better than having the autosave system screw you over by forcing you to restart in the middle of an alert you didn't want to have happen, for example. It's designed to prevent inescapable fail states, and I think that's a good thing in this game. My only problem with it is that the game doesn't clarify how saving works, so you have to rely on outside information to understand how things get saved.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Leal posted:

"The game has a great checkpoint system"

Joe and I will have to agree to disagree on that fact. Nothing like trying to squeeze out a mission before work then trying to save and quit just to realize not only is there no option for that, but a lot of the checkpoints take you all the way to the beginning of the mission.

If you are playing on PS4 you can hit the proper Pause menu and then put your console on Rest Mode. It will pick right back up when you turn it back on.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Trojan Kaiju posted:

If you are playing on PS4 you can hit the proper Pause menu and then put your console on Rest Mode. It will pick right back up when you turn it back on.

This is very good to know - don't know why I didn't already!

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!
Top 10 WTF Moments in The Nanny!
http://phelous.com/2015/09/20/obscurus-lupa/manic-episodes/manic-episodes-top-10-wtf-moments-in-the-nanny/

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

KKall posted:

There is no heat between me and him. However, there is heat between me and his awful poo poo-stirring fans who desperately want there to be heat between me and him.
Yeah Brad's fans are pretty awful, almost as bad as Spoony's fanbase (when it was at its peak) and RLM's fans (their forums are pretty annoying, especially the elitism they got going in the video game thread)

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Wait... how many animated Christmas episodes did they do?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Paladin posted:

More than you think, but less than you hope to make it a running gag.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TheMaestroso posted:

I don't know if I would call it great, but it's definitely better than having the autosave system screw you over by forcing you to restart in the middle of an alert you didn't want to have happen, for example. It's designed to prevent inescapable fail states

Yeah, no, not in my experience. One time as I was exiting a base, I was caught by an attack helicopter, which then ripped me to shreds, forcing me to restart at the last checkpoint... directly beneath the helicopter, which instantly sees me and opens fire again. Died over 12 times from restarting in the line of fire before I finally manged to run away to safety and get a new checkpoint...

For the most part the checkpoint system works fine, but it's definitely not foolproof and can screw you over.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Yeah, no, not in my experience. One time as I was exiting a base, I was caught by an attack helicopter, which then ripped me to shreds, forcing me to restart at the last checkpoint... directly beneath the helicopter, which instantly sees me and opens fire again. Died over 12 times from restarting in the line of fire before I finally manged to run away to safety and get a new checkpoint...

For the most part the checkpoint system works fine, but it's definitely not foolproof and can screw you over.

It's not completely foolproof, true. At least it works for the most part.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Paladin posted:

Just the one. But it's pretty magical.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

lornekates posted:

I find this hilarious. Because he's said, more than once, "I'm sure it's a great movie. I just don't want to see it."

To which thousands of rabid fans will pounce on him, ranging from "You just don't understand let me explain" to "you're wrong" to "spoonh8s evrything!"

So what started as a perfectly reasonable position ("I'm not making any comment on the movie, or it's makes, or it's fans. I just don't want to see it.") becomes, without changing a single word of the position, the best trollbait in existence. He doesn't have to say or do anything different, and it'll stir up froth in thousands. The effort : reaction ratio is off the chart.

And the reactions are hilarious. Such as the above quoted.

Eh I'll admit it's some hyperbole on my part but there's some basis to the whole "Spoony hates everything" when he goes on for literally three hours about Spider-Man 2.

I'm not even the biggest Spoony fan and really just skim his Twitter on occasion but just how mule-headed and vicious towards his fans he can get does make me snap back a bit sometimes.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

TheMaestroso posted:

I don't know if I would call it great, but it's definitely better than having the autosave system screw you over by forcing you to restart in the middle of an alert you didn't want to have happen, for example. It's designed to prevent inescapable fail states, and I think that's a good thing in this game. My only problem with it is that the game doesn't clarify how saving works, so you have to rely on outside information to understand how things get saved.

The game doesn't clarify a lot of things that are super-handy to know. You have to stumble into the cardboard box fast travel points just to find out that's a thing, the game never mentions "oh yeah you can just pause and go "return to ACC" and you keep everything you extracted", hell I'm still not clear on if you keep all the stuff you got during a mission if you abort halfway though. I accidentally aborted once by trying to exfiltrate by doing the box fast travel and the messages implied that I got all the stuff I extracted, but there's basically nothing to give me a definitive answer in the game.

That game is super great but it's definitely been one of many recent examples of video game people not being able to comprehend very good things having very bad things worth criticizing in them. On the threads I actually regularly browse, the discourse has been very reasonable and balanced (common sentiment being "story lukewarm, game very very good with caveats" with plenty to back up both opinions) but holy poo poo the comments elsewhere have just gone full black'n'white love-it-or-burn-it-at-the-stake.

Case-in-point, Super Bunnyhop made a critical video on Phantom Pain. I personally think he got into another overbearingly-cynical headspace and I'm generally disappointed with it in comparison to his Ground Zeroes critique, where he still flogged the game's story for its glaring flaws but seemed to give it a lot more thought. But even this newest video's worst points are nothing compared to the comments.

Dunno if anyone's posted it yet but here it is for those who haven't seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO4Tusk_V2k

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Moartoast posted:

Case-in-point, Super Bunnyhop made a critical video on Phantom Pain. I personally think he got into another overbearingly-cynical headspace and I'm generally disappointed with it in comparison to his Ground Zeroes critique, where he still flogged the game's story for its glaring flaws but seemed to give it a lot more thought. But even this newest video's worst points are nothing compared to the comments.

Dunno if anyone's posted it yet but here it is for those who haven't seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO4Tusk_V2k

I know he prefaces it in the video but there's major, major spoilers for the entire series so fair warning before going in.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Moartoast posted:

The game doesn't clarify a lot of things that are super-handy to know. You have to stumble into the cardboard box fast travel points just to find out that's a thing, the game never mentions "oh yeah you can just pause and go "return to ACC" and you keep everything you extracted", hell I'm still not clear on if you keep all the stuff you got during a mission if you abort halfway though. I accidentally aborted once by trying to exfiltrate by doing the box fast travel and the messages implied that I got all the stuff I extracted, but there's basically nothing to give me a definitive answer in the game.

For future reference you keep everything that you extract before the last autosave. A quick example is the beginning of Episode 12, there's a cave with 2 men, a bunch of materials, and an intel file. The intel file triggers an autosave. If you are in need of the materials in there towards the back section of the game, you can drop in, kill the men, get the materials, grab the intel file, and then restart.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I don't really care for MGSV but that Super Bunnyhop video was really good.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Hey Jay Owen I took a bullet for you over in ADTRW. You post one little bait post and everyone goes loving insane

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742277&pagenumber=226&perpage=40#post450518692

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I am very confused

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I am very confused

Jay O tweeted about Gatchaman being bad, I posted her opinion as a troll, the thread went loving insane

watho
Aug 2, 2013

That thread might possibly be the worst I've seen on this forum in a while. It's like the worst of ADTRW and GBS in one smelly package.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just see them posing silly anime gifs about it.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
I'm sure that's how that thread always is, its the poo poo post thread

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

dbzfandiego posted:

its the poo poo post thread

Goons say that about pretty much every thread out there.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

PiedPiper posted:

Goons say that about pretty much every thread out there.

Most chat threads are just poo poo post thrads outside of a few exceptions. the chat thread in games is poo poo post heavy but we still have threads like the xbox one shark tank.

watho posted:

That thread might possibly be the worst I've seen on this forum in a while. It's like the worst of ADTRW and GBS in one smelly package.

no that will be the archage thread in MMO HMO where the Regulars rebelled because the mods permabanned their top player for being a pedophile and clam it's a plot by imp zone and GBS to ruin their game. the kicker is the guild know the whole time he was a pedo and try to be hush hush about it because he was good at playing the game.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 22, 2015

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

icantfindaname posted:

Hey Jay Owen I took a bullet for you over in ADTRW. You post one little bait post and everyone goes loving insane

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742277&pagenumber=226&perpage=40#post450518692

Why the gently caress would anyone ever want to post in ADTRW. If I want hilarious FYAD-style ironic self-loathing from anime fans, I can just see that on twitter where I can at least have a sincere conversation once everyone gets tired of the all lower-caps "anime is trash and we are garbage" posturing substitution for actual jokes.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Jay O posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone ever want to post in ADTRW. If I want hilarious FYAD-style ironic self-loathing from anime fans, I can just see that on twitter where I can at least have a sincere conversation once everyone gets tired of the all lower-caps "anime is trash and we are garbage" posturing substitution for actual jokes.

That was Old ADTRW. When Zorak quit the irony went a level deeper, to ironic embrace of 4chan anime culture, to the point where half the posters now have matching Monogatari avatars. Or maybe not ironic? I don't know if anyone there can even tell anymore

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 22, 2015

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

icantfindaname posted:

That was Old ADTRW. When Zorak quit the irony went a level deeper and now it's an ironic embracing of 4chan anime culture. Or maybe not ironic? I don't know if the posters there can even tell anymore

I am sad the adult swim/toonami thread got moved there from TVIV because they talk more about the anime block then the Sunday night block. it was funny watching folks get their reaction to SAO or the final episode of Garran Lagan.

I suspecting it going to be a trap and the main mods will straight up ban the top posters.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 22, 2015

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

watho posted:

It's literally a shitpost thread, the title should be the giveaway. Not sure what you were expecting honestly.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The few dedicated anime threads in that forum I've read are fine but the thread where that was posted is just a shitheap of bad posting. I discovered One-Punch Man because of that forum, so it can't be all bad.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Jay O posted:

i hate *subforum* because *dorky reason*

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Namtab posted:

*Defends ADTRW*

*Has anime avatar*

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I like talking about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and that forum has threads for that series.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Namtab posted:

Let's put this in terms you understand:
adtrw is gay and has aids hth

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

JB50 posted:

*Defends ADTRW*

*Has anime avatar*
*has AIDS*

watho posted:

Let's put this in terms you understand:
adtrw is gay and has aids hth

fair

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Why is this thread starting a forum war?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Because someone tried to weirdly win points by posting word salad in a shitpost thread that was supposed to be a sick burn I think

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cyron posted:

Why is this thread starting a forum war?

Because a surprising amount of posters here are mentally ill.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

littleorv posted:

Because a surprising amount of posters here are mentally ill.

well icantfindaname want his sempai to noice him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Posters in the internet reviews thread of the internet radio subforum looking down on the japanimation subforum

• Locked thread