Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I think the best part of JoJolion is that the characters are usually as bewildered as I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

This is going to get so disgusting next month. I hope this is Nijimura's time to shine

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Can't wait for the next entry in the Let's Read, featuring Koichi's new Stand: Cosmic Egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXAmuLX_QQc

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

No CLAMP jokes allowed when we get there :argh:

Echoes is ultimately a neat stand but I just can't get into Koichi as much. Maybe that'll change.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given that she knows a lot about dragonball in general, i wonder how long it'll be before the design of echoes tips her off

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember that time koichi almost got murdered by a hitler cosplay

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKtgWx6e0hs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ascalapha odorata posted:

Echoes is ultimately a neat stand but I just can't get into Koichi as much. Maybe that'll change.

What's with this irrational Jouta hatred?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I, the great Kakyoin defender and #1 kak fan shall not rise to the bait.

Nah, it's all in good fun even if wish blew it! on characterizing kakyoin, jotaro, and on cloacas in general.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I also cannot get into Koichi but I did love Kakyoin. Then again I didn't like Shigechi either and apparently he's like one of Araki's favorites so I guess I have bad taste :'(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not crazy for any of those three, but Koichi is a big front runner amongst them. I love Kakyoin's death but that's probably because it's DIO being great more than anything else. Shigechi sucks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Araki likes Shigechi's stand that's p much it

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Aurain posted:

I'm not crazy for any of those three, but Koichi is a big front runner amongst them. I love Kakyoin's death but that's probably because it's DIO being great more than anything else. Shigechi sucks.

I was filling in some sort of favorite/least favorite JoJo things chart for other forums this past weekend and I realized that in spite of my affection for kakyoin, his death is quite possibly my favorite series death? It's hard to say for sure but I think it's just the way it plays out that's pretty cool.

I can link the base chart here later if people wanna do that poo poo, it's nice and time consuming and a good way to troll if, like me, you choose to list Cars as your favorite big bad villain. :gonk:

Shigechi sucks but I like the harvest chapters anyway because of the bro moments. Okuyasu putting his money into savings like a good little hoodlum...

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Aurain posted:

It does seem like he's got some sort of mind control stand, which takes the sex comment into a whole new league of gross.

I bet even if he has a mind control stand that it wasn't being used on her and she was aware he had that stand. That seems more Jojo like.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I thought Echoes Act 2 was way better than Act 3. It used to be able to paint the effects of comicbook sound effects onto any surface which is a really smart and Jojo power you could do alot with, then it lost that for the ability to inflict a slow debuff using the power of terrible Japanese puns! Really seemed like a downgrade

Also finished Stone Ocean the other day; really grim seeing the entire cast getting killed basically as an afterthought, Jolyne has the only person even to get a Zepelli-esque moral victory out of it. Weather Report's final attack was a really smart way of turning around Made in Heaven's tremendous bullshit back on itself in a logical way though, I did like that. Now, onto Steel Ball Run!

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 22, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let's kill da ho beeeetch

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Somebody in here said that echoesspeak was real and not duwang/translator fun and i was crushed. Why Araki

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm pretty sure Koichi can still use Act Two after he gets Act Three. He just doesn't because he is basically in no fights after Sheer Heart Attack.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I thought Echoes Act 2 was way better than Act 3. It used to be able to paint the effects of comicbook sound effects onto any surface which is a really smart and Jojo power you could do alot with, then it lost that for the ability to inflict a slow debuff using the power of terrible Japanese puns! Really seemed like a downgrade

Also finished Stone Ocean the other day; really grim seeing the entire cast getting killed basically as an afterthought, Jolyne has the only person even to get a Zepelli-esque moral victory out of it. Weather Report's final attack was a really smart way of turning around Made in Heaven's tremendous bullshit back on itself in a logical way though, I did like that. Now, onto Steel Ball Run!

At least Koichi can use all three versions of Echoes at will. :v: If you don't believe me, think back to the fight he had with Kira, where he decides to use Echoes Act 1 to scout out the area because it has the longest range of 50m, and then uses Act 2 later to throw Sheer Heart Attack off his trail.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Somebody in here said that echoesspeak was real and not duwang/translator fun and i was crushed. Why Araki

S•H•I•T

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Soylentbits posted:

I bet even if he has a mind control stand that it wasn't being used on her and she was aware he had that stand. That seems more Jojo like.
Joke's on all of us, he doesn't have a stand, just really greasy fingers.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

I can link the base chart here later if people wanna do that poo poo, it's nice and time consuming and a good way to troll if, like me, you choose to list Cars as your favorite big bad villain. :gonk:

It is really, really difficult to pick a favorite big bad in Jojo. I absolutely love Cars but Kira is just so interesting and Valentine is just so fancy. And DIO.

Basically the easiest answer when asked 'Who is your favorite Jojo Big Bad' is to shrug and say 'Not Diavolo'

I did love Doppio though

EDIT Because I forgot about Pucci, which I somehow always seem to do. To his credit, he's like the only big bad with a decent back story. Maybe if he'd come earlier in the series, I'd have liked him more, but after Dio and Cars and Kira, he didn't have a chance in hell. Only someone with an utterly unclouded heart and love of justice could ever dare hope to compete.

FormerPoster fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 22, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My favourite part of Pucci's back story is that even though he's a black man, he manages to convince the KKK to kill his white brother for being mixed race. Araki is weird.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Aurain posted:

My favourite part of Pucci's back story is that even though he's a black man, he manages to convince the KKK to kill his white brother for being mixed race. Araki is weird.

Pucci isn't black. He's just a very tan Italian guy.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Naerasa posted:

It is really, really difficult to pick a favorite big bad in Jojo. I absolutely love Cars but Kira is just so interesting and Valentine is just so fancy. And DIO.

Basically the easiest answer when asked 'Who is your favorite Jojo Big Bad' is to shrug and say 'Not Diavolo'

I did love Doppio though

EDIT Because I forgot about Pucci, which I somehow always seem to do. To his credit, he's like the only big bad with a decent back story. Maybe if he'd come earlier in the series, I'd have liked him more, but after Dio and Cars and Kira, he didn't have a chance in hell. Only someone with an utterly unclouded heart and love of justice could ever dare hope to compete.

Pucci's problem is he's pretty sober and underspoken guy in a series famous for its insanely fabulous scenery chewing hams. He's actually a pretty effective villain, but he's never going to stick in people's minds the same way as Dio 'meme' Brando or the guy who said 'what a beautiful duwang' with the really sick tie. I think Kars is underrated too though, he's just such an incredible prick, which contrasts with Wamuu's decency and honour really well and once he gets his powerup he's probably as flamboyant as any villain ever is in the series

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kira is best. The only other JoJo villains I like are Dio and Valentine, everyone else is kinda dull or forgettable

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Silver2195 posted:

Pucci isn't black. He's just a very tan Italian guy.

That's almost as bad to a lot of white supremacists

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurain posted:

Yeah, that confused me, too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pucci's entire backstory is convoluted and terrible, don't think too hard about it

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Aurain posted:

The KKK probably considers him one of the good ones, and if there's anything the KKK hates more than black people it's mixed race couples and their offspring.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Dio Brando will always be my favorite Jojo villain, perhaps even my favorite villain in general, but Kira's a close second while Valentine's third.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Dio Brando will always be my favorite Jojo villain, perhaps even my favorite villain in general, but Kira's a close second while Valentine's third.

Valentine is great.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Pucci's problem is he's pretty sober and underspoken guy in a series famous for its insanely fabulous scenery chewing hams. He's actually a pretty effective villain, but he's never going to stick in people's minds the same way as Dio 'meme' Brando or the guy who said 'what a beautiful duwang' with the really sick tie. I think Kars is underrated too though, he's just such an incredible prick, which contrasts with Wamuu's decency and honour really well and once he gets his powerup he's probably as flamboyant as any villain ever is in the series

It says something about a series when the guy who randomly turns people into living record players blasting Händel's Hallalujah Chorus is remembered as the sober and underspoken guy.

Aurain posted:

He didn't know that the guy he hired was part of the KKK though. Also the KKK wouldn't have considered Wes as white, what with the one-drop rule and all, whereas they would have considered Pucci as white enough to deal with, especially when there was good money involved. Honestly Pucci's backstory is surprisingly realistic for a portrayal of race relations in the deep south given that it's in a cartoon made on the other side of the world.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULhuewfzw04

Really feeling a lack of love for the most fabulous pagan anti-christ supervampire

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kars is boring as poo poo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ultimate Waamu would've been more awesome. :colbert:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm two volumes into STB and I'm really loving it. So far the only use of a Stand has been to tactically fall off and on a horse and ride a cow's carcass down a hill to conserve stamina, which is very cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He was the only Pillar Man worth a drat

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I wouldn't say Cars was "Boring," but he's very, very by the numbers.

Wham and ACDC were both more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Ultimate Wamuu would have respected the overwhelmingly unfair advantage he had over Joseph and the lack of need for further violence and left peacefully, which would have been a really nice resolution for the characters but not the most epic climax. Also do you really wanna see Wamuu exiled into space for all eternity the next 90 years?