Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

hopterque posted:

Exactly how stupid are hearthstone players? Because holy lol if they spend that much on magic the gathering for casuals.

In general I'm a big fan of "I'm not sure what the big deal is, in this other thread people are even bigger idiots".

Can you please do an effortpost on all the bad things about the gameplay etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
He cant, my sources say he didnt even play it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

He cant, my sources say he didnt even play it.

Hmm. Wondering if this is all a ruse to cover up his win %.. crafty Germans

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I played 7 hours according to origin, where amusingly it's still in my games list and I can still start the game up but I"m just blocked from connecting to the servers despite having been refunded hours ago.

Anyway, I don't really feel like doing a big effortpost, because you don't care either way AAC and nobody itc is gonna care if the game sucks, since we've apparently been taken over by a bunch of pack buying morons.

As a short list though: players have trouble completing simple passes, defenders are impossibly good at intercepting passes, the refs are hosed and give up fouls and penos for the most insane stuff, early crosses using rb+x are insanely gamebreakingly (we're talking like 80% chance of a goal) good, because of the nerfs to passing, pace is actually secretely incredibly op, there's more stuff that I'm forgetting but idk.

e: oh long shots and volleys are way way too easy to score, like, if you get a step just face towards the goal and power up your shot 3/4s and you'll score 9/10 times if you're aiming in the general direction of the goal. This is with mostly non rare players ~77 average team rating, I can't even imagine what it's like with the amazing players.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 22, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

hopterque posted:

I played 7 hours according to origin, where amusingly it's still in my games list and I can still start the game up but I"m just blocked from connecting to the servers despite having been refunded hours ago.

Anyway, I don't really feel like doing a big effortpost, because you don't care either way AAC and nobody itc is gonna care if the game sucks, since we've apparently been taken over by a bunch of pack buying morons.

As a short list though: players have trouble completing simple passes, defenders are impossibly good at intercepting passes, the refs are hosed and give up fouls and penos for the most insane stuff, early crosses using rb+x are insanely gamebreakingly (we're talking like 80% chance of a goal) good, because of the nerfs to passing, pace is actually secretely incredibly op, there's more stuff that I'm forgetting but idk.
You probably won't lose access honestly. When I charged back SimCity I kept access to the game. I can still play it to this day, not that I ever would.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Zotix posted:

You probably won't lose access honestly. When I charged back SimCity I kept access to the game. I can still play it to this day, not that I ever would.

Last year they revoked access right away so who knows. Anyway, whatever, if they patch all the awful garbage in the next few months I can always rebuy it for 15$ and if they don't who cares!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

hopterque posted:

e: oh long shots and volleys are way way too easy to score, like, if you get a step just face towards the goal and power up your shot 3/4s and you'll score 9/10 times if you're aiming in the general direction of the goal. This is with mostly non rare players ~77 average team rating, I can't even imagine what it's like with the amazing players.

I won't buy the game again til they rebuild it from scratch. Way too much poo poo left over from old versions, even glitches from FIFA 05 etc. pop up each year, its insane.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

African AIDS cum posted:

I won't buy the game again til they rebuild it from scratch. Way too much poo poo left over from old versions, even glitches from FIFA 05 etc. pop up each year, its insane.

Yeah pretty much, a bunch of the issues seem like legacy stuff since this is an engine built on the old engine built on top of the even older engine. Like the thing with refs going insane on calling fouls is probably because the ref logic which has more or less remained unchanged and has major issues coping with the increasingly physics based movement and stuff every year. I was seeing guys get in that animation where they go to kick the ball but miss and fall over getting called as penalties multiple times, and other stuff of that nature.

e: Anyway gently caress it as luck would have it the sports game of the year, all years, is coming out on friday so gently caress having to deal with fifa's bullshit.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 22, 2015

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

African AIDS cum posted:

I think the introduction of the impact physics engine alongside the fact that the game still runs on some 10 year old engine that just has the physics plastered on top of it causes all of the dumb problems the game had for the past three years and makes the game pretty much impossible to properly balance.

16 isn't gonna be any good and I haven't bought it yet and am resisting the urge so far but I'll probably break sooner or later and buy it anyway.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
can we get a thread for the ppl that dont play fifa to post in? they seem to enjoy posting and about game they are too good to play.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I think the introduction of the impact physics engine alongside the fact that the game still runs on some 10 year old engine that just has the physics plastered on top of it causes all of the dumb problems the game had for the past three years and makes the game pretty much impossible to properly balance.

16 isn't gonna be any good and I haven't bought it yet and am resisting the urge so far but I'll probably break sooner or later and buy it anyway.

Reminder that you can buy it on pc and play it as much as you want within the first 24 hours and get all your money back no questions asked. The best way to get over the "oh man new fifa I really want it" phase is to actually play it a bit and realize it's garbage.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

zooted heh posted:

can we get a thread for the ppl that dont play fifa to post in? they seem to enjoy posting and about game they are too good to play.
Do you only want to read people praising the game?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

i actually dont know whats worse now that you mention it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

zooted heh posted:

i actually dont know whats worse now that you mention it.

If the naysayers save just 1 person from a destructive gambling addiction that destroys their life and relationships, then they will have done good. Many here are silently suffering and need our support.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is Soulex back in a gutter yet?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Just played a few games vs the CPU since I got a free draft token for online and single player and figured I might as well get the free prizes for the single player.

Game generally plays a lot closer to FIFA 15 than to the 16 beta, which is great news. Passes that are made without RB aren't automatically picked off every time like they were in the beta, also players feel a lot more able to move around. Messi feels like Messi, etc.

Game is a lot better than I thought it might be based on the beta.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

African AIDS cum posted:

Do you only want to read people praising the game?

Who are the posters praising the game? Name names AAC

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

If this guy had his way, we'd all be. Luckily this is a free country and we can abuse Rutter.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

African AIDS cum posted:

If this guy had his way, we'd all be. Luckily this is a free country and we can abuse Rutter.

I keep my abuse of Rutter to twitter.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

I think I'm going to refund this poo poo, it feels the same as 15, minus the lobbed through balls, and some updated player stats. The reffing if horrible... my players are getting hacked down left and right without even a free kick being called, and I touch his player instant red card...

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

White Noise Marine posted:

I think I'm going to refund this poo poo, it feels the same as 15, minus the lobbed through balls, and some updated player stats. The reffing if horrible... my players are getting hacked down left and right without even a free kick being called, and I touch his player instant red card...

It doesn't feel like 15 at all. IMO. The ball physics feel entirely different as does dribbling and player pace in general.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

The Big Taff Man posted:

I personally love the way the game plays and am having a lot of fun with my silver side. So sue me I guess...

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah no it's not like 2015 at all, it's also not quite as bad, but still pretty bad.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 22, 2015

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Picked up my copy at lunch and I cannot wait to rage out when I get home.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
All games, and life, are bad and we should all kill ourselves

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

All games, and life, are bad and we should all kill ourselves

I personally just love how my surround sound sounds when a screamer is scored and the camera is panning. FIFA captures that joy quite well and I tend to freak out like a small child. Those little moments are worth it for me.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

i rip my shirt off when i score

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I did the single player draft on professional because I didn't want the complete boredom of semipro, but maybe I shoulda done that because the CPU difficulty seemed way harder on the last game. I was 3-0 and then played Portugal in the last one and Ronaldo scored 4 goals. I didn't give up a goal at all in the first 3 games so I think it increases the difficulty for the last game.

I got a premium gold pack and a jumbo gold pack so that's like 22.5k or something?

(I discarded all the players for 5k total)

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Yeah it goes up in difficulty each round.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

shortspecialbus posted:

Anyways does anyone want the code or not
You give it away yet? I'll take it if no one wants it.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

zooted heh posted:

i rip my shirt off when i score

I should do this on twitch. I am actually kind of bummed that that celebration isn't included with a complimentary yellow.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Some highlights from my first night of playing:

First game online and Malli gets a hat trick,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTOc_e_V68&t=5s

Martins crosses to Dempsey Valdez,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nisrFzt8xXY&t=27s

Boateng solo effort,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmL-WG0enXo&t=20s

First free kick goal, scored by Boateng,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0GnawcOa5s&t=25s

Malli chip shot,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMw0_p6w-Lg&t=18s

Overall, the game is fun.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 22, 2015

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
How bad is the hacking on PC?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Tzen posted:

You give it away yet? I'll take it if no one wants it.

Sure. I'll send you a PM when I'm in a place I can conveniently do so, since awful app is hosed with messages.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
no parmos thread yet?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Anyone saying it's similar to 15, i'm sorry but you are wrong... the passing in this game is way loving different, it feels totally different than 15. Passing is a lot harder and defense and positions are way better so it's a lot harder to move the ball around fluidly.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 23, 2015

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

shortspecialbus posted:

Sure. I'll send you a PM when I'm in a place I can conveniently do so, since awful app is hosed with messages.
Right on thanks

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

T Bowl posted:

Anyone saying it's similar to 15, i'm sorry but you are wrong... the passing in this game is way loving different, it feels totally different than 15. Passing is a lot harder and defense and positions are way better so it's a lot harder to move the ball around fluidly.

So its even worse than 15?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

Did you play the beta?

To me on a scale of FIFA 15 passing to FIFA 16 beta passing this is closer to 15. I seriously could not complete a pass at all in the beta without using the R1 because people would rocket out to get it, and I'm not finding that to be the case in the finished version at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

African AIDS cum posted:

So its even worse than 15?

Right now I kind of hate it but I only played 5 games of pro clubs. It's different but after a few days it'll feel fine. I'd say initially it's probably on par with 15, just different, so still bad yet I will play it.

• Locked thread