Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Blotto Skorzany posted:

What has the Falcon's defense looked like over the first couple of weeks?

OMG, they have looked revived. I haven't seen them look this good in a while. The stats may not show it yet, but they are much improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
They look better and they know how to tackle again, unlike the seahawks who used to be able to tackle effectively but now cannot.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TubeStank posted:

They look better and they know how to tackle again, unlike the seahawks who used to be able to tackle effectively but now cannot.
We swapped the defenses of these two teams, let's see if their fans notice

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blotto Skorzany posted:

They can actually get stops in critical situations and they have a corner who has been targeted all of twice so far this season.

The line is much improved and can get penetration in 4-man rush, and they play the run tougher. It really does look like a new unit and I couldn't be happier about it. It still has it's flaws. Alford isn't a very good starter and he can't hang with top tier receivers. The scheme also doesn't seem to ever adjust to cover him when things are going bad.

We... have safeties? Jesus it's been so long. So far, it really has seemed like a complete turn-around.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blotto Skorzany posted:

I haven't yet watched the Giants game.

They looked like world beaters in the first half against Philly, then looked like they couldn't stop a nose bleed until Chip went for a FG and Jordan Matthews dropped the ball.

they're improved over last year. The scheme is better and Trufant is turning into a legit player. Vic might turn into something big but right now he's trying to beat tackles around the end every single play and it isn't working very well.

Overall it's still a talent weak group. Dimitroff really left that cupboard bare. However, playing in the NFC South will make them look better than they are.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Alford isn't a very good starter and he can't hang with top tier receivers. The scheme also doesn't seem to ever adjust to cover him when things are going bad.

They did adjust in the second half for OBJ. Dude only had 1 catch for 7 yards in the second half with inside help from Durant at the snap of the ball.

I posted a blurb about Trufant yesterday, that guy is a legit shutdown corner.

The DLine is getting penetration with just the front four which hasn't happened since lord knows when.

Beasley had a better game against the Giants and Soliai and Jackson are the run stuffers they always have been without being asked to rush the passer as our previous coaches expected of them.

It's not perfect, they aren't the Seahawks, but they are much improved over prior seasons. That coupled with the offense still having Julio, Roddy, Hankerson has fit right in, Coleman looks legit...things are looking up. Not to mention the OLine, for a patchwork group of guys, is playing actually very well protecting Ryan.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chilichimp posted:

It still has it's flaws.

Like being in Atlanta

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Like being in Atlanta

:negative:

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

TubeStank posted:

When did salty become such a hip term? I for one think it's pretty bad, which is to say I am salty about the word salty.

Teens and mid forties people thinking they are hip. It's like your Mom giving the peace sign while saying "Later Dudes" when you and your friends are leaving the house.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Parlett316 posted:

Teens and mid forties people thinking they are hip. It's like your Mom giving the peace sign while saying "Later Dudes" when you and your friends are leaving the house.

Look how salty this guy is

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Intruder posted:

Owned

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's like the kids say these days, it's hip to be square

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Throwing shade is even more perplexing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NC-17 posted:

jesus christ are you 50

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

NC-17 posted:

You old gently caress.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Don't listen to goon opinions on what's hip lol

Nov 6, 2002

You guys are all a bunch of liars because I have not heard or seen that phrase in my entire life until about 5 months ago on the internet.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

NC-17 posted:

You guys are all a bunch of liars because I have not heard or seen that phrase in my entire life until about 5 months ago on the internet.

Real talk, this is the first time I've heard of that term :ohdear:

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
You are all weird crusty old men

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
OLD

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

NC-17 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2lEtUqxg44

this is from a 1990 documentary. to throw shade is a concept older than a lot of the posters here

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I'm old, and salty was a term when I was a teen 20 years ago. It's hardly new or hip.

Elliot2lazy
Jun 9, 2015

by Cowcaster

Intruder posted:

look at how unoriginal you are.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

this is from a 1990 documentary. to throw shade is a concept older than a lot of the posters here

Ahhh see, ya'll are just old dude wannabes :smug:

Nov 6, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

Yes, so it's an old phrase.... if you were part of a gay community twenty five years ago. I don't think many goons here fit that profile.

It didn't appear to really enter into the mainstream until very recently. And it's meaning has changed.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Elliot2lazy posted:

:henget:

Nov 6, 2002

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Holy loving poo poo NC-17 no one cares

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Seems to be exclusively used by white bloggers and twitter weirdos. This is not going into my lexicon for sure.

Nov 6, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Holy loving poo poo NC-17 no one cares

i care

:negative:

get off my loving lawn

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol

Elliot2lazy posted:

lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Why y'all throwin shade on NC-17?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
It's also the name of a podcast by Erin Gibson

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if I haven't heard it as a 35 year old single computer programmer, it's not a real term

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Everyone chillax and stfu

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

if I haven't heard it as a 35 year old single computer programmer, it's not a real term

zip it up and zip it out

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Intruder posted:

zip it up and zip it out
...uh...yes... and a zippidy dooda to you!

Awhile back I just happened to take like a ~2 month break from Something Awful, when I came back everyone was saying "hot take" and "cuck" everywhere and I was so confused.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If you watch sports you should be hip to such crazy lingo like "throwing shade". Athletes and Commentators all use the youth lingo. Comeonson

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
What does on fleek mean

Is that how you spell it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Lmao

Theamericanreader.com