Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
:siren: October 20th for part 5 :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool, I was hoping it was a bit closer but a date is good enough

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Man, why not October 11th? That would be thematically cool guys :(

Still, EPISODE 5 IS ON THE HORIZON, AND I AM READY :dance:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

that's in a full month. :smith:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Paul Zuvella posted:

that's in a full month. :smith:
At least September goes only up to 30.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Gwaint posted:

Man, why not October 11th? That would be thematically cool guys :(

Still, EPISODE 5 IS ON THE HORIZON, AND I AM READY :dance:

As much as I wanted October 11th, realistically I figured it would be the 13th since it always releases on Tuesdays, but definitely didn't expect it to be all the way on the 20th, but hopefully its good news since wasn't episode 4 the longest and it also had the most development time? Gives me hope for a meaty finale, which given the leaks it could be that they are changing things up

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

FOUR WEEKZ.

I don't know if I'm ready for this :ohdear:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to have to replay the entire series on like, Oct 19th.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
A big delay to the 20th of October's a good thing really. It means we might see some really divergent paths now that we're in the final stretch.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A big delay to the 20th of October's a good thing really. It means we might see some really divergent paths now that we're in the final stretch.
The dog ending.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Probably worth pointing out that October 20th is the date they *hope* to have it ready. They've made a couple of tweets basically covering themselves in case of a delay. Hopefully it will arrive on the estimated date, but just be aware it's not 100% solid.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Parkingtigers posted:

Probably worth pointing out that October 20th is the date they *hope* to have it ready. They've made a couple of tweets basically covering themselves in case of a delay. Hopefully it will arrive on the estimated date, but just be aware it's not 100% solid.

Still, it's good to have a target.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DivisionPost posted:

Still, it's good to have a target.

- Mr Jefferson

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

What if the kek is a lie?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Happy birthday, Max! :) (belated by half a day)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Just rewind and fix it.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 22, 2015

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

SelenicMartian posted:

What if the kek is a lie?

Wow, a rewind all the way back to 2008.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

SelenicMartian posted:

The dog ending.

An ending like that would put this into GOTY status for me

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

SirKibbles posted:

An ending like that would put this into GOTY status for me

We've never seen Pompidou and Jefferson in the same place at the same time, have we? :tinfoil:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Even if the last episode is somehow not up to expectations, I legit will always recommend this game because of the Kate encounter.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Azubah posted:

Even if the last episode is somehow not up to expectations, I legit will always recommend this game because of the Kate encounter.

Roof or Hospital? Because I really respect any developer who'll make an entirely alternate scene just for people that happen to have a different outcome for a plot point

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Azubah posted:

That encounter and pretty much the entirety of episode 4 make the game worthwhile on their own.

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away
Upon replay I noticed an awkward moment happens in Episode 4 if Max gets Mr. Jefferson suspended from the "Everyday Heroes Contest."

Max: So, you don't hate me for what I said to the principal?

(pause)

(awkward pause continues)

Mr. Jefferson: I'm proud of you for caring so much about a troubled friend. :geno: And I take hope in the fact that you have plenty of time to find your way... Just get in the habit of putting your work out there.

He never answers the question and then leaves. Whats the worst that could happen, after all?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Ekusukariba posted:

Roof or Hospital? Because I really respect any developer who'll make an entirely alternate scene just for people that happen to have a different outcome for a plot point

Roof. I had a few friends who decided to take an out like she attempted and it always bothered me I never got the chance to talk them out of it.

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015
The 19th is my birthday, so coming out on the 20th is good poo poo.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

I feel like an idiot. I never suspected that Jefferson was that type of person. Also I feel bad that I never came out of the closet with Chloe, but I thought it would make things worse with her step dad

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
David is many things, but he doesn't strike me as the homophobic type.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For an actual second there I thought 'that one kiss doesn't really count'.

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

seravid posted:

I got a chuckle out of this post.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Now I'm getting paranoid that the game conditions a Max/Chloe romantic ending to coming out of the closet that one time. (which i obviously didn't, scrub Max 4 life)

Seriously, this game is amazing. Sure it's got its flaws - I don't sweat the "how do you do, fellow kids?" speech and references since I'm neither American nor a teen, but the constant glitching when using the rewind system put me off from the game for a while after finishing ep 1 with a LOT of backtracking and starting over due to the game freezing several times. But man, the things it nails, it really nails. Helping Kate on ep 2 probably gave me more satisfaction than anything I've done in a videogame in recent memory, and I'm completely hooked after the ep 4 cliffhanger and (hella!) stoked for the final chapter. My Max has been a regular goodie-two-shoes (except for Lisa... you can't save everybody, Max...) so I hope I can avoid a Donnie Darko ending.

I'm still wracking my head about what exactly is the endgame for the bad guys, though - it's pretty clear we're still missing a vital part of the puzzle, I just hope it's not something that ends up requiring massive exposition on the last chapter, since the writers have done a pretty smooth job with the reveals so far. At this point I'm leaning towards there being two more-or-less independent evil schemes - the Prescott Destiny Thing and the Photo Creeps. Daddy Prescott might be involved in both (him hiring/blackmailing Jefferson to "mentor" Nathan certainly seems like a possibility), but the Creeps might just be crashing in his cool doomsday bunker without him knowing.

On the Photo Creeps front, the Jefferson note to Nathan states this is a "business, not a hobby", but I guess we're yet to figure out the details of the operation - I wouldn't be surprised if time shenanigans were involved in some way since it would explain why there isn't a massive pool of depressed/suicidal/suspicious female students at Blackwell even though there's a MASSIVE archive at the bunker, but then again Jefferson may have carried most of those from whatever corner of hell he crawled out from before coming to Arcadia Bay.

The Prescott Destiny is trickier - it could perfectly be a total misdirection and just be a reference to some mundane development scheme, but there's evidence to believe that the Prescotts are aware of the coming storm. Maybe they plan to laugh the apocalypse away while the rubes get wiped away, then buy the ruins of the town for dirt cheap? Maybe buy the ruins of Oregon for dirt cheap? I just get the impression it's gotta be bigger than that, somehow. I have no idea how taking rapey pictures of drugged teenage girls fits into that scheme, so I assume Jefferson just latched himself to whatever bigger plan Daddy Prescott has going on and is just doing his own thing on the side.

At any point, three things I'm pretty sure of at this point: 1) Rachel also had time control powers. 2) The natural catastrophes are a direct consequence of time shenanigans, first by Rachel and now by Max (and maybe someone else?), maybe due to some hosed up and as-of-yet unknown aspect of the mechanics, like the Earth spinning backwards around the person with the power or something ridiculous like that. 3) We're gonna photo-travel again, and it'll be the proverbial straw that breaks the town's back.

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 28, 2015

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

seravid posted:

The Gun nut, security guard, ex military child hitter? Yeah, totally on the up and up with gay rights.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kate was the only one depressed because she was the only one who would normally have never been at that party, and the only one who got publicly shamed, along with getting attacked by her family and church members.

Everyone else just got drunk and happy and wasn't being recorded because it wasn't out of the ordinary.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Dexo posted:

Kate was the only one depressed because she was the only one who would normally have never been at that party, and the only one who got publicly shamed, along with getting attacked by her family and church members.

Everyone else just got drunk and happy and wasn't being recorded because it wasn't out of the ordinary.

I thought the same thing, but she did have some vague recollection of what happened, didn't she? I figure you could only pull that trick so many times before twenty girls remembering not being brought to a hospital by Nathan and maybe even recognizing Jefferson's voice starts getting kinda fishy. I'm probably overthinking this, though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sheeeit I'm going away on vacation for the 20th, I hope it releases early and I can just marathon it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

I thought the same thing, but she did have some vague recollection of what happened, didn't she? I figure you could only pull that trick so many times before twenty girls remembering not being brought to a hospital by Nathan and maybe even recognizing Jefferson's voice starts getting kinda fishy. I'm probably overthinking this, though.
Well we know it went badly for the one girl who woke up.

Mad_Lion
Jul 14, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/

Is i weird that a game with so little gameplay is actually pushing me back into playing for real... Unreal Tournament.

Mad_Lion
Jul 14, 2005

the fast fighting, we haven't seen this since Unreal Tournament original, or Quake 3. The new maps look killer, and they play well

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Man, the game really rubs your face in it if you can't save Kate.

SexyBlindfold posted:

It's because of Frank. When you go through Frank's evidence book one of the messages is from Nathan saying the sedative was weak or diluted and he needs Frank to run out fast to sell him something stronger. I'm guessing that's why Rachel wakes up in the dark room and they murder her, and that's why Nathan starts losing it, botches Kate's kidnapping, tries to date rape Chloe and starts attacking people at random.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 28, 2015

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Ghetto Prince posted:

It's because of Frank. When you go through Frank's evidence book one of the messages is from Nathan saying the sedative was weak or diluted and he needs Frank to run out fast to sell him something stronger. I'm guessing that's why Rachel wakes up in the dark room and they murder her, and that's why Nathan starts losing it, botches Kate's kidnapping, tries to date rape Chloe and starts attacking people at random.

Oh dang, nice catch. Man, the investigation board really is a treasure trove for hidden details, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Ghetto Prince posted:

Man, the game really rubs your face in it if you can't save Kate.

You didn't even show Max's Twitter feed, which is the worst of it.

• Locked thread