Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a team starting David "last name literally rhymes with 'fails'" Fales is though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Jesus Christ a team starting jimmy Clausen is not beating the loving Seahawks what the hell are you all on

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Shath Hole posted:

Black licorice is loving disgusting

My man.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Jimmy "rings" "pickles" Clausen

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Pickles...Pickles no

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jimmy Clausen is a fraud and an insult to the proud quarterbacking tradition of the Chicago Bears.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

Jimmy Clausen is a fraud and an insult to the proud quarterbacking tradition of the Chicago Bears.

Truly the Bear's Caligula

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jimmy Clausen claimed he was dating a twitter bot and argued with me about it and I posted about it here and he blocked me once I proved him wrong and it was really funny at the time.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Jimmy Clausen claimed he was dating a twitter bot and argued with me about it and I posted about it here and he blocked me once I proved him wrong and it was really funny at the time.

You can't bust that out without some pictures

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Petite Dinklage posted:

You can't bust that out without some pictures

maybe someone saved that but as far as i know that's been lost to the winds of time.

actually if you google twitter fizfashizzle clausen you can find lots of them

quote:

Brad
‏@FizFashizzle
@JimmyClausen lol that picture is 4 months old. http://plixi.com/p/45729963

owned clausen owned like a DB jumping your 6 second delivery.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 23, 2015

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Reminder that at one point Clausen was considered to be a potential "perfect" Quarterback

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Reminder that at one point Clausen was considered to be a potential "perfect" Quarterback

Reminder that I posted "Please not clausen" moments before the draft pick was announced :suicide:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

AAA DOLFAN posted:

So some Reddit user who reads SA stole [Abugadu's] idea....

From the Memoirs of General M. McCarthy, Chap. 21

... We rode out of Atlanta by the Decatur road, filled by the marching troops and wagons of Rodgers' Corps; and reaching the hill, just outside of the old rebel works, we naturally paused to look back upon the scenes of our past battles. We stood upon the very ground whereon was fought the bloody battle of January 15th, and could see the copse of wood where Ryan fell. Behind us lay Atlanta, smouldering and in ruins, the black smoke rising high in air, and hanging like a pall over the ruined city. Away off in the distance, on the McDonough road, was the rear of Raji's column, the helmets glistening in the sun, the yellow-topped wagons stretching away to the south; and right before us Rodgers' Corps, marching steadily and rapidly, with a cheery look and swinging pace, that made light of the many miles that lay between us and [illegible, appears to be either Chicago or Seattle]. Some band, by accident, struck up the anthem of "Go You Packers Go;" the men caught up the strain, and never before or since have I heard the line of "bring the bacon home" done with more spirit, or in better harmony of time and place.

Letter from Gen. A.C. Rodgers to President Thompson, d. January 17

Mr. President,
it is With the greatest of Pleasure that i take my pen in Hand to answer your kind and Most welcome letter which arrived at hand About half an hour ago and it found me Well and Hearty and i hope and trust that this may find you enjoying the same state of health.
i Beg to present to you as a birthday Gift the City of Atlanta, with many Guns and Plenty of ammunition. it has been a Long and difficult Road to take down these grey backs. throughout the Year we have lost Many good men, but the fresh fish have grown Into mighty beasts. the copperheads have been Quieted. the War is drawing to a close. i know Not who we are sent to fight against Next, but i know This: with us comes Destruction, and we Shall bring it to their Doorstep.

Yours,

Gen. Aaron Charles Rodgers

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

FizFashizzle posted:

Reminder that I posted "Please not clausen" moments before the draft pick was announced :suicide:

I distinctly remember you saying noo immediately after and it bothers me that I remember that

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

This is in fact really dumb and stupid of him, but to be fair, that guy took a ridiculous cheap shot at him while sliding.

On the otherhand, he deserves it in the grand scheme of things.

Also, lol that he is still around apparently.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jimmy Clausen hosed a Dead Pig

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

we have years of evidence that Clausen literally cannot play in the NFL, why does it seem like he'll be a backup until he's like 50

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not only should he not be in the nfl, but his family should be chemically castrated so they can't produce anymore d tier QB talent that somehow start at Tennessee.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Literally?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Do they play the Redskins this year?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

So you're saying Ditka pulled strings to get him on the team

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

I was really mad when Buffalo passed on him twice, I'm sure archives will back me up.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Burger Trench posted:

I was really mad when Buffalo passed on him twice, I'm sure archives will back me up.

Shhhh....shhhhhhh.....we'll pretend it never happened

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The Packers were so good at containing Marshawn Lynch that he averaged 1.07 yards before contact on Sunday night.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Only according to scripture

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
:unsmith:

aww you guys

I actually stopped the gimmick once we won the Super Bowl, wasn't salty at all. It started earlier in the season because of the horrific amount of injuries we were having. Figured it had run its course, no need to run it into the ground over multiple years.

And anyway, that's what reddit's for, to take funny stuff from other sites and run it into the ground until all the humor is squished out of it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's way better that ended sooner rather than later.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Burger Trench posted:

Wasn't that the year of Torrell Troup? Justifiable.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Not only should he not be in the nfl, but his family should be chemically castrated so they can't produce anymore d tier QB talent that somehow start at Tennessee.

Hey man Casey didn't do anything wrong and Rick was a cool guy too.

I dunno what the gently caress happened to Jimmy but he didn't go to Tennessee anyway

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Abugadu posted:

aww you guys

I actually stopped the gimmick once we won the Super Bowl, wasn't salty at all. It started earlier in the season because of the horrific amount of injuries we were having. Figured it had run its course, no need to run it into the ground over multiple years.

And anyway, that's what reddit's for, to take funny stuff from other sites and run it into the ground until all the humor is squished out of it.

Yeah it was an excellent bit of posting on your part.

Speaking of thing stolen from us, we were the ones talking about Joe Flacco being elite right? I feel like I never heard that until I saw it here.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Wasn't that the year of Torrell Troup? Justifiable.

Hahaha, forgot about Torrell goddamn Troup. They also chose CJ Spiller in the first round that year when Marshawn and Freddy were both on the roster. Also, Gronk was selected one pick after Troup.

Man what a horrible franchise.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Abugadu posted:

aww you guys

It was a perfect gimmick for that magical season and it ended when it should have.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
huh, thread title got modjacked and not even to a cool civil war ref.

eat all the dicks, all. of. them.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

You have to wonder why John Fox would take any coaching job that
could potentially have him have to play games with Clausen as a QB.

My guess is that the Bears run the wildcat for 85% of their offensive snaps. Matt Forte will have a rushing, passing, and receiving touchdown, and the Bears will still lose because Clausen will have 4 turnovers in his 14 snaps.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Burger Trench posted:

Hahaha, forgot about Torrell goddamn Troup. They also chose CJ Spiller in the first round that year when Marshawn and Freddy were both on the roster. Also, Gronk was selected one pick after Troup.

Man what a horrible franchise.
Wasn't Troup even a bit of a reach?
But nooooo, George Edwards needed his damned nose tackle for his brilliant defensive scheme.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Jesus Christ a team starting jimmy Clausen is not beating the loving Seahawks what the hell are you all on

Because a 2 game sample size is apparently enough to conclude that the Colts are done for the season and the AFC South will be a battle between Tennessee and Jacksonville; the Redskins are now the best team in the East; Tyrod Taylor is a top 20 QB with the ability to lead the Bills to the playoffs; Suh is Haynesworth; and Carson Palmer is back from the dead to lead the worst franchise in American professional sports to the promised land.:psyduck:

Maybe we should wait till week 4 before going all out with the crazy predictions?:shrug:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Chichevache posted:

Because a 2 game sample size is apparently enough to conclude that the Colts are done for the season and the AFC South will be a battle between Tennessee and Jacksonville; the Redskins are now the best team in the East; Tyrod Taylor is a top 20 QB with the ability to lead the Bills to the playoffs; Suh is Haynesworth; and Carson Palmer is back from the dead to lead the worst franchise in American professional sports to the promised land.
:agreed:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Chichevache posted:

Because a 2 game sample size is apparently enough to conclude that the Colts are done for the season and the AFC South will be a battle between Tennessee and Jacksonville; the Redskins are now the best team in the East; Tyrod Taylor is a top 20 QB with the ability to lead the Bills to the playoffs; Suh is Haynesworth; and Carson Palmer is back from the dead to lead the worst franchise in American professional sports to the promised land.

Literally every single thing you just said is true though. Except about the Cards, the Cards rock, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Abugadu posted:

aww you guys

The Packers should probably send you a ring

• Locked thread