Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
That is a good team, should be ready to rock when everyone gets healthy, just trade Dez for uh anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
yeah, i'm not too worried for later in the season. gotta find a healthy receiver though.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

MrSargent posted:

I'm assuming that is Mike Wallace and Kendall Wright?

Wallace is really a deep threat receiver and is playing on a very run-heavy offense. He is a boom/bust player that will be unpredictable week to week and is a scary option as a #1 receiver. Much the same can be said for Kendall Wright. He saw the same number of targets in week 1 and 2 (only 4) and you see how differently those performances turned out. You have EXCELLENT running backs for a 14-team so that will help you but some good waiver wire pickups will be helpful.

Yea, I noticed that unpredictability. Other than Crabtree and Benjamin who else looks decent for WR pick-ups?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

pinegala posted:

Yea, I noticed that unpredictability. Other than Crabtree and Benjamin who else looks decent for WR pick-ups?

LaFell should be a decent pick up and stash, but since you need help now, i'd go with Crabtree, he's looking to be Carr's #2 in Oakland with a good number of targets to boot because they will be trailing a lot.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Teeter posted:

I was not able to watch and analyze many of the games this weekend so I have a few questions:

-What happened to Mia DST against Jax? I thought I finally put myself in a position where I wouldn't need to burn waiver picks to stream defenses but that backfired this week. Any injuries or things to note beyond "fantasy sucks guess better next time"?

-I own Andre Johnson and just picked up Moncrief. AJ was crap again and I'm not certain if TY is making his injuries worse or how Moncrief will fit in moving forward. Good idea to bump him up to my flex spot in .5 ppr? My flex is currently a choice between Randle, Gore, Boldin, and Abdullah.

Conflicting reports on the possibility of Suh just doing whatever the hell he wants out there instead of playing the scheme, and the pass rush was non-existent. Against Jacksonville. I was on the Mia DST boat, and I'm jumping ship.

I also got on the AJ boat and will probably sink with that one. :smith:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I'm the Beefaronis. :negative:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Tom Brady over ate?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

hahahha, that hurts

well if it makes you feel better, you were projected to lose anyway.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

DrBouvenstein posted:

That's the kinda loss that puts a man on tilt for the rest of the season. I hope you're okay :ohdear:

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

MrSargent posted:

Definitely do not give up Green and Marshall for an RB in a timeshare, a TE, and Evans who has yet to catch a pass. You should be able to get Bernard straight up for Marshall imo, but I would still look for someone who isn't in a timeshare. Sorry, is this 0.5 or 1PPR? That would make a big difference.

Edit: You said standard. That makes Bernard much less valuable in my opinion despite his last game. Hill is still the top back so unless he fumbles twice again, I wouldn't want a piece of Gio.

Yeah I said no way and he countered with Bernard and Eifert for Marshall.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

punch drunk posted:

Yeah I said no way and he countered with Bernard and Eifert for Marshall.

I need some help figuring out which RB1s I can be targeting in some sort of package deal. Currently sitting with Lamar Miller and Ingram. On my bench I have Dion Lewis, Gurley, Doug Martin, and Khiry Robinson.

WRs I could trade include Stevie, Boldin, and Davante Adams. Could I reasonably package 1 of each and get a RB1? This is 12 team half ppr.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

The D looked great against Denver, do you think losing Suggs is that big of a blow?

He's the centerpiece of the squad. I think it had an appreciable affect.

I have 1st pick on weekly resetting waivers and im grabbing the Jets. They are doing special things and have a lenient schedule.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Since Tony Romo is done for 8 games I need to choose someone off the waiver wire in a 12 team 6 t. TD league, here are my top choices:

Tyrod Taylor
Andy Dalton
Teddy Bridgewater
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Fitzpatrick

I'm undecided between Dalton and Tyrod. Dalton plays Baltimore this week and Tyrod plays Miami, so i'd give the advantage this week to Dalton but the 4 games after that the Bills play some lovely defences and the Bengals play good ones so i'm kind of worried that if he has another good week someone will pick him up. Am I out thinking myself here?

Edit: \/ I agree with MrSargent

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 23, 2015

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
14 team, .5ppr I was using ASJ. Is is worth trading Stevie for Vernon Davis? It'd leave my WR group as Amari Cooper, Landry, Allen Robinson, Leonard Hankerson and Charles Johnson. Best options beside that guys like RichRodge or Crocket Gillmore. I could possibly get Ebron for Stevie, but my last one for one trade offer with that guy was countered with crazy 3 for 4 swap sending Stevie, ARob, and Matt Jones for Ebron, Boldin, Tyrod Taylor, and Dez.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
If you are going to trade Stevie, I think you can get better than VD. Personally I'd rather not trade for a TE.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

Since Tony Romo is done for 8 games I need to choose someone off the waiver wire in a 12 team 6 t. TD league, here are my top choices:

Tyrod Taylor
Andy Dalton
Teddy Bridgewater
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Fitzpatrick

I'm undecided between Dalton and Tyrod. Dalton plays Baltimore this week and Tyrod plays Miami, so i'd give the advantage this week to Dalton but the 4 games after that the Bills play some lovely defences and the Bengals play good ones so i'm kind of worried that if he has another good week someone will pick him up. Am I out thinking myself here?

Go with the guy that helps you win this week. That said, i am in the same boat (with Brees) and will go after Tyrod, Kaep and Dalton in that order.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
What's your guys' feeling on Jeremy Maclin? Someone in my league is in serious need of running backs, I have Devonta Freeman and TJ Yeldon sitting on my bench. Thinking about making an offer for Maclin and/or Edelman. Outside of AJ Green the rest of his receivers are pretty garbage too though, so don't know how open they'll be to giving up Edelman.

Assuming no trades work out in time for this weekend, would you guys start either DHB or Ted Ginn Jr over Golden Tate? Tate hasn't put up a ton of fantasy points so far this season and with Stafford basically dead I'm not sure I want to put him in my flex this week.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 23, 2015

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I would much rather have Tate in my flex than either DHB or Ginn, Stafford is tough and is targeting him a lot.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I offered Megatron for Lacy in a .5 ppr (QB, 2xRB, 2xWR, TE, 2x FLEX(RB/WR/TE), D/ST, 3 Bench, 1 IR) earlier today. My roster:

QB- Palmer
RB- ADP, Latavius Murray, Woodhead, T. Coleman
WR- Green, Megatron, Hopkins, Tate, S. Johnson
TE- Bennett
D/ST- streaming

He's considering it(I think he's on tilt) and getting back to me later on tonight/tomorrow. I've got a pending WW claim dropping Coleman to pick up Starks. Am I being crazy thinking this is a good idea?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I don't think that's crazy at all, Lacy has a minor injury and is a top 5 back on a great team. The Lions have looked shaky and while CJ is still doing ok, I'd rather ride ADP and Lacy to a championship.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Veritek83 posted:

I offered Megatron for Lacy in a .5 ppr (QB, 2xRB, 2xWR, TE, 2x FLEX(RB/WR/TE), D/ST, 3 Bench, 1 IR) earlier today. My roster:

QB- Palmer
RB- ADP, Latavius Murray, Woodhead, T. Coleman
WR- Green, Megatron, Hopkins, Tate, S. Johnson
TE- Bennett
D/ST- streaming

He's considering it(I think he's on tilt) and getting back to me later on tonight/tomorrow. I've got a pending WW claim dropping Coleman to pick up Starks. Am I being crazy thinking this is a good idea?

Dropping Coleman for Starks is crazy. Just roll without Lacy/Starks this week if Lacy sits, Coleman will be back in a couple weeks max and is worth way more long term than Starks. You have plenty of quality options at WR and RB to hold Coleman while he's injured, even if the trade goes through and Lacy misses a game. Megatron for Lacy is a mash, though!

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Okay, so, I was planning on riding Romo's consistency like I always do... and now my starter is Teddy Bridgewater. The best waiver option is Ryan Fitzpatrick. :ohdear:

I'm trying to work the A Rodgers/M Ryan owner but doubtful. I also am trying to work the Tyrod Taylor owner for scraps because "lol running QBs" but also probably not happening.

Would you trade Mark Ingram away for Carson Palmer? It's a loss on paper but this is my stacked-except-at-QB roster:

0.5PPR 12-man league

QB: Teddy Bridgewater
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Mark Ingram
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Allen Robinson
TE: Travis Kelce
W/R/T: Chris Ivory

Notable bench pieces: Arian Foster, Terrance Williams, Tyler Eifert, Alshon Jeffery

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

RVProfootballer posted:

Dropping Coleman for Starks is crazy. Just roll without Lacy/Starks this week if Lacy sits, Coleman will be back in a couple weeks max and is worth way more long term than Starks. You have plenty of quality options at WR and RB to hold Coleman while he's injured, even if the trade goes through and Lacy misses a game. Megatron for Lacy is a mash, though!

This makes sense to me- I'm just not convinced that someone else is going to pick up Coleman, given just how short benches are.

The more I think I about it, the more I agree.

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 23, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Thinking about accepting a trade offer of his Todd Gurley for my Jonathon Stewart. Standard scoring, my other RB's are CJ Anderson, Chris Ivory, Ronnie Hillman, Ryan Mathews, Gio Bernard. TD's are going to be vultured by Cam in a bad offense, he has an injury history and its hard to see big upside. I think Gurley could be a season changer and a great RB. Thoughts?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

cheese posted:

Thinking about accepting a trade offer of his Todd Gurley for my Jonathon Stewart. Standard scoring, my other RB's are CJ Anderson, Chris Ivory, Ronnie Hillman, Ryan Mathews, Gio Bernard. TD's are going to be vultured by Cam in a bad offense, he has an injury history and its hard to see big upside. I think Gurley could be a season changer and a great RB. Thoughts?

Maybe I'm crazy but I mash. It won't be long until the Rams unleash Todd and when they do he's going to have a ridiculous ceiling. You can probably get by with Ivory/Bernard/Broncos guy for a few weeks until then.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Ty1990 posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but I mash. It won't be long until the Rams unleash Todd and when they do he's going to have a ridiculous ceiling. You can probably get by with Ivory/Bernard/Broncos guy for a few weeks until then.
Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Getting 5-8 points a game from J Stew until he is injured, hoping desperately for an eventual touchdown doesn't feel like a season changer. Gurley could be special and actually change my season. Seems like a good risk.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Todd is gonna be amazing

decided to kick back and watch some of his highlights...

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

icking fudiot posted:

I like your new lineup better than the old one depending on how many flex spots you have (AP, Ivory/Woodhead, Brown, Matthews, Evans)?

My mistake. 2RB 2WR 1 Flex. Figure Evans slides right into my lineup and Woodhead to the bench.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
You know, I may be in a weird hosed up league when a Marshall for Chiefs Defense trade happens and it actually makes sense for both sides

tbh the league is really fun though :)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Stafford was my 3rd QB on my roster.

Traded him for Ebron, who joins Allen & Jordan Cameron on my roster. :shrug:

BUT..

One dude did offer me

My: Arian Foster & Andre Johnson

For: Jeremy Hill & Mike Wallace

He then deleted it, but I reoffered. Gonna make it happen.

89 fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 23, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Is the Bills run D actually good or is their ranking just skewed from playing the Colts (who are apparently awful) and the Patriots (who decided not to run)? Have no idea what to do with Miller and trying to decide if I give him one more week or if I should just play Matt Jones or gamble with Blount and let Miller have the next three weeks off (plays the Jets next week then a BYE) and just hope the Dolphins have figured out how to use him by then.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Jets, Packers, or Steelers D/ST. Which do you choose?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The Jets are like the second best defense in fantasy right now, have a pretty easy schedule, and face an Eagles team that's looked awful in the first two weeks.

So probably them.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I dropped Matt Jones last week for Bradshaw after the colts rumours and was absolutely kicking myself after Sunday. As our waiver order is in reverse standings and I am 1st in a 14 team league I thought I'd never be able to pick him up but looking and behold this morning he's back in my bench.

Travis Benjamin also wasn't picked up. We get points for return yards which gives him a slightly higher floor so less boom/bust potential. So is he worth picking up for Blount, Duke Johnson or Vincent Jackson? He'd only be a Flex option as I have Julio, Demaryius and John Brown.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I need to pick up a QB for the long hall after losing Romo in a 14 man league. Dalton or Taylor?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
How is Martellus Bennett looking ROS? A yahoo in my public league dropped him. Does he have a good rapport with Clausen? Or should I not bother with the Bears' offense?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

The Zack posted:

How is Martellus Bennett looking ROS? A yahoo in my public league dropped him. Does he have a good rapport with Clausen? Or should I not bother with the Bears' offense?

What's the alternative?

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
Waivers came down and I got Andre Ellington for dropping ASJ. :getin:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

BigFactory posted:

What's the alternative?

0 PPR. I have Delanie Walker and Ladarius Green. Walker is battling a wrist injury and I'm uneasy about Green's role when Gates returns.

E: Ebron is available, as are Cook, Clay, Rudolph, Fells, Rodgers

The Zack fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Current Running Back Situation:

Lacy
Dunbar
Sproles
DeAngelo Williams
Rashad Jennings

Lacy is most likely out this week (or very limited) and Williams isn't the starter anymore (those two were my starters for week 1 and 2). Now I'm left with this mess and I have no idea who to set up for my two RB spots this week. Is there any chance Williams still sees some action? the guy is amazing so far. If not, and Lacy isn't a good play, I'm thinking I'll just play jennings and...Dunbar? Who knows.

• Locked thread