Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hey fellas, how about you don't dogpile on the guy who is clearly going through some poo poo right now? He hosed up, sure, but I bet that the last thing he needs is a lecture from a bunch of alcoholic welfare queens (present company included).

I think it's been mentioned here before, but the google hangouts is actually a good place to chill and talk about whatever is bothering you. I used to think I was above all that kind of stuff, but after some events this last semester, the hangouts group was able to talk me down from the metaphorical ledge and help me get my head in the right place. It's pretty much a judgement-free zone for cool dudes, and they'll only talk poo poo if you have a Nintendo Wii or drive a Miata (because who does that? seriously).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

what if you have a wii in your miata

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm putting a Wii into my bus, then.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
WII BOX ME IRL

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

WII BOX ME IRL

ill put my wii into your box

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

at the date posted:

As much as Lard Goat may seem like a troll, I think we should stop short of questioning the credibility of an apparently depressed guy.

I think people might take him serious if he gave us something to work with

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

psydude posted:

Apparently, retention in the Army Reserve is so poor right now that they've largely stopped transferring PT/height and weight failures and non-participants to the IRR.

Not sure if this extends to all other IRR transfers; if so, I'm going to be pissed.

I have a feeling you're gonna end up AD for a few years due to some black magic Army buttfuckery and fuming in this thread the entire time

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

psydude posted:

Apparently, retention in the Army Reserve is so poor right now that they've largely stopped transferring PT/height and weight failures and non-participants to the IRR.

Not sure if this extends to all other IRR transfers; if so, I'm going to be pissed.

Why isn't the Reserve filling up with all the guys booted from active during the drawdown?

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Crazy Mike posted:

Why isn't the Reserve filling up with all the guys booted from active during the drawdown?

None of the officers were offered appointment.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

at the date posted:

As much as Lard Goat may seem like a troll, I think we should stop short of questioning the credibility of an apparently depressed guy.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Hey fellas, how about you don't dogpile on the guy who is clearly going through some poo poo right now? He hosed up, sure, but I bet that the last thing he needs is a lecture from a bunch of alcoholic welfare queens (present company included).

I think it's been mentioned here before, but the google hangouts is actually a good place to chill and talk about whatever is bothering you. I used to think I was above all that kind of stuff, but after some events this last semester, the hangouts group was able to talk me down from the metaphorical ledge and help me get my head in the right place. It's pretty much a judgement-free zone for cool dudes, and they'll only talk poo poo if you have a Nintendo Wii or drive a Miata (because who does that? seriously).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733032

It's not that, we get that he's messed up. However, choosing not to follow advice and pointing him in the direction multiple times of the resource thread and other materials which he ignores is not something we can control.

I get melting down on the forums, I get needing someone to talk to. He needs to stop posting in this case, and go talk to someone. All he's doing is dragging poo poo to us and we get lord of the flies with it. He knows he has resources, he's just not using it.

You can lead a horse to vagina but you can't make him play a Wii.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Lard Goat posted:

I know what I should do, but after the way the army treated me for my drug problem, gently caress them. I literally had an army psychologist tell me to talk to my legs because I am so jittery.

I had to sleep on a chair for two months because of what I did. The other guys that deployed with me went awol or started abusing tramadol of all things.

The VA people I have talked to keep treating me like poo poo,even when I was homeless and their job was helping homeless vets.

If you know what you should do then go do it. Go to a VA emergency room and check yourself in. Unless you're already known as a troublemaker for causing a scene while wearing TAPOUT shirts and kicking over wheelchairs, there's no reason you shouldn't take your rear end to the ER right now.

You'll talk to some doctors and a psychiatrist and then you can go straight to inpatient rehab, schedule outpatient rehab, or just say gently caress it and bail. If you're not suicidal or homicidal they can't keep you and if you are then it's a good idea for them to hold on to you for a bit. I did that last month and now I have 40 days sober.

It's not easy, but system works if you allow it to. I tried to drink my memories away for five years and it only made things worse. I don't know how long you've been out, but it's not going to get any better unless you get some help and the sooner you realize that the better off you'll be. Trust me on this one brosef.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

The Slithery D posted:

None of the officers were offered appointment.

Holy gently caress I don't know if any of you have read my posts but we are hurting for Officers like whoa in the Reserves, at least where I am. NJNG/NYNG, fine. Reserves, what?

Like are you serious, Army.

Pull this poo poo again.

I am about to go to my last drill as a PL thursday. I can't wait. Hopefully they try to prank the hell out of me.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Soulex posted:

You can lead a horse to vagina but you can't make him play a Wii.

You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes the horse shits in the water and ruins it for everyone.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

White Chocolate posted:

Holy gently caress I don't know if any of you have read my posts but we are hurting for Officers like whoa in the Reserves, at least where I am. NJNG/NYNG, fine. Reserves, what?

Like are you serious, Army.

Pull this poo poo again.

I am about to go to my last drill as a PL thursday. I can't wait. Hopefully they try to prank the hell out of me.

The vast majority of separated officers had something bad in their file, whether it was APFT/weight problems, bad performance OERs, or something like a DUI. I don't blame the Army for writing the whole group off rather than try to skim off the few they might want who would actually sign up for more Army BS after getting a gently caress off and a severance check.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I've lost my wii before
The tough love/yelling poo poo didn't help me.
Links help better than just saying go away and get help. Link always had help.

E: seriously, I have a stand, a controller and an empty box. Was I burgled just for a wii?

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Sep 24, 2015

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
i got suckered into taking a lmtv to some dumb event at a high school football game tomorrow and at first i was mega pissed about having to shave in between drills

then i remembered that a 2 hour event will get me out of a whole day of drill

gently caress yeah

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

i got suckered into taking a lmtv to some dumb event at a high school football game tomorrow and at first i was mega pissed about having to shave in between drills

then i remembered that a 2 hour event will get me out of a whole day of drill

gently caress yeah

man those are the best

we used to do fair duty in the fall; take a M997 to whatever local fair is around, park it somewhere, and stand around in uniform and make sure people don't hurt themselves taking pictures on it

also its a last chance option to peep butts before winter comes

hopefully you have someone cool with you so you can take turns grabbing fried dough or holla at a girl (in uniform, natch). it'd be weird to do it at a hs football game but w/e those girls got moms and older sisters

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

man those are the best

we used to do fair duty in the fall; take a M997 to whatever local fair is around, park it somewhere, and stand around in uniform and make sure people don't hurt themselves taking pictures on it

also its a last chance option to peep butts before winter comes

hopefully you have someone cool with you so you can take turns grabbing fried dough or holla at a girl (in uniform, natch). it'd be weird to do it at a hs football game but w/e those girls got moms and older sisters

im going with another spc from my platoon who is more of less my not-giving-a-gently caress understudy so loving off is guaranteed

this is going to be the shammiest night of all time

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

this is going to be the shammiest night of all time

famous last words

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

famous last words

whatever im out in 6 months

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

famous last words

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

uh i thought you already came out :confused:

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uh i thought you already came out :confused:

out of the army, keep up bro

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

that's what I said except it was 20 days, right before they gave me an article 15 for being a little too excited to get out

protip: just because you have more important things to do like talk to the PA during office hours to figure stuff out for medical ETS issues doesn't mean you can flout remedial PT, even if you did technically pass the Army standards for the run event and even if you should have had a profile and the PA said "oh, I didn't issue you a profile? I thought I did, my bad"

ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK that chain of command

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 25, 2015

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

that's what I said except it was 20 days, right before they gave me an article 15 for being a little too excited to get out

protip: just because you have more important things to do like talk to the PA during office hours to figure stuff out for medical ETS issues doesn't mean you can flout remedial PT, even if you did technically pass the Army standards for the run event and even if you should have had a profile and the PA said "oh, I didn't issue you a profile? I thought I did, my bad"

ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK that chain of command

I'm reserves so idgaf

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

I don't know how TDS didn't laugh them out of the SJA's office when they tried to do this to you.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

psydude posted:

I don't know how TDS didn't laugh them out of the SJA's office when they tried to do this to you.

Technically it was for sass mouthing an NCO and I figured yeah, no way to fight that, plus there was no way in hell I was delaying my ETS date due to court martial proceedings. If I had enough time I would have fought it.

The majority of the company including the XO was on my side too since said NCO was a tremendous human being everyone hated and who had to be shifted around due to conflicts (incl. physical) with troops in his original platoon, oh well, getting hella grants and GI bill, gently caress the army x10000000000000000000

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 25, 2015

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
The Army Times has published the results of the courts martial that took place in August. This one amused me.

Fort Carson, Aug. 5:
Name: Sgt. Maj. Virgil L. Ebrecht
Conviction: By a military judge, pursuant to his plea, of one specification of abusive sexual contact of a child.
Sentence: Reduced to the grade of E-4, confined for 30 months. As part of an offer to plead guilty, a pretrial agreement limited confinement to six months.

How many police calls do you think he'll do before he finally leaves the army?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Six months for kiddy diddling? :wtf:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

McNally posted:

Name: Sgt. Maj.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=61978

Ugh. rear end in a top hat was part of my old unit. Looks like he was part of the Missile Defense side of SMDC so I have no idea who he is.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 26, 2015

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Not only that, but by the sounds of it, after that six months he will still have a job (albeit as an E4)

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

psydude posted:

Oh they have.. but company commander, you by god better still have done the separation packet so the ONE STAR can decide!!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

McNally posted:

The Army Times has published the results of the courts martial that took place in August. This one amused me.

Fort Carson, Aug. 5:
Name: Sgt. Maj. Virgil L. Ebrecht
Conviction: By a military judge, pursuant to his plea, of one specification of abusive sexual contact of a child.
Sentence: Reduced to the grade of E-4, confined for 30 months. As part of an offer to plead guilty, a pretrial agreement limited confinement to six months.

How many police calls do you think he'll do before he finally leaves the army?

I forgot to read up on these, thanks.

Also, what loving world gives you six months for sex contact with a minor?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Justin Tyme posted:

Not only that, but by the sounds of it, after that six months he will still have a job (albeit as an E4)

The one glimmer of a silver lining in this is he'll hit his RCP immediately and be separated as a registered sex offender.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

not caring here posted:

The one glimmer of a silver lining in this is he'll hit his RCP immediately and be separated as a registered sex offender.

Unless he decides just not to self register.

http://fox2now.com/2015/05/20/military-sex-offenders-evade-registering-on-state-offender-list/

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015
I was being a poo poo in my previous posts. I do have a major drinking problem.

I don't really want to write an essay on what went wrong. Even though I tried.

old wooden ships fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Sep 27, 2015

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Fucitol posted:

goddamn broken thirteen bang bangs are loving magical

Right? Goddamn 13B's? What the gently caress do you mean?

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

That article looks like a monkey typed it with his dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Lard Goat posted:

Right? Goddamn 13B's? What the gently caress do you mean?

Fucitol posted:

goddamn broken thirteen bang bangs are loving magical

• Locked thread